Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

South West Florida (Behind friendly lines but still in Occupied Territory)

Melamine + Barcodes

Melamine + Barcodes
    From Kimberly Dawley
    11-30-8

NOTE: Snopes states that the information at the bottom of this article regarding barcodes and country of origin is not accurate. See http://www.snopes.com/politics/business/barcodes.asp

-----------

China milk poisoning incidents make everyone afraid to look at the daily news report. Everyday, the reports are changing. No one can clearly tell us what to eat and not to eat.

1. What really is poisoned milk?

It is the milk powder mixed with "MELAMINE"

What is Melamine use for? It is an industrial chemical use in the production of melawares

It is also used in home decoration. " US resistant board"

Do you understand? Melamine is use in industrial production & it cannot be eaten.

2. Why is Melamine added in milk powder?

The most important nutrient in milk is protein. And Melamine has the same protein that contains "NITROGEN"

Adding Melamine in milk reduces milk content and it is cheaper than milk so it lowers capitalization. It can give the business man more profit!

Below is Melamine; doesn't it look like milk? It doesn't have any smell, so cannot be detected.

3. When was it discovered?

Year 2007, US cats and dogs died suddenly, they found that pet food from China contains Melamine.

Starting 2008, In China , an abnormal increase in infant cases of kidney stones.

August 2008 China Sanlu Milk Powder tested with Melamine

Sept. 2008, New Zealand gov't ask China to check this problem Sept. 21, 2008, lots of food products in Taiwan tested with Melamine

4. What happens when Melamine is digested?

Melamine remains inside the kidney. It forms into stones blocking the tubes. Pain will be eminent and person cannot urinate. Kidney will then swell.

Although surgery can remove the stones, it will cause irreversible kidney damage. It can lead to loss of kidney function and will require kidney dialysis or lead to death because of uremia.

What is dialysis? In fact, it should be called "blood washing"; it is filtering all of the body's blood into the machine and then go back to the body.

The whole process takes 4 hours and it is necessary to dialysis once for every 3 days for the rest of your life.

Here is a dialysis center

Large dialysis center

A small hole is required in the arm to insert the sub-dialysis catheter.

Why is it more serious in babies? Because the kidney is very small and they drink a lot of milk powder.

Here is a baby undergoing dialysis.

China currenty has 13,000 infants hospitalized

It does not matter how much a human being took Melamine. The important point is "It cannot be EATEN!"

5. What are the foods to be avoided?

Foods that contain dairy products should be avoided.

Remember: Foods with creamer or milk should be avoided.

6. Which companies are affected?

7. What do we do next?

Avoid the above foods for at least six months.

If you have snack bar, restaurant or coffee shops, stop selling dairy products for the meantime.

If you have infants at home, change to mother's milk or find other substitutes.

Finally, share this information with friends so they will understand the risk of milk poisoning.

The whole world is scared of China made 'black hearted goods'.

Can you differentiate which one is made in the USA, Philippines, Taiwan or China?

Let me tell you how... the first 3 digits of the barcode is the country code wherein the product was made.

Sample all barcodes that start with 690.691.692 until 695 are all MADE IN CHINA.

471 is Made in Taiwan

This is our human right to know, but the government and related departments never educate the public, therefore we have to RESCUE ourselves.

Nowadays, Chinese businessmen know that consumers do not prefer products 'made in china', so they don't show from which country it is made.

However, you may now refer to the barcode, remember if the first 3 digits is 690-695 then it is Made in China .

00 ~ 13 USA & CANADA
    30 ~ 37 FRANCE
    40 ~ 44 GERMANY
    49 ~ JAPAN
    50 ~ UK
    57 ~ Denmark
    64 ~ Finland
    76 ~ Switzerland and Lienchtenstein
    628 ~ Saudi-Arabien
    629 ~ United Arab Emirates
    740 ~ 745 - Central America

All 480 Codes are Made in the Philippines.

Please inform your family and friends for them to be aware.

http://www.rense.com/general84/mel.htm
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Thank you for posting this, passing on to my email list
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

The whole world is scared of China made 'black hearted goods'.
    We are NOT a nation of immigrants!

Passed the link on to my Congressman, and representatives. Wonder what if any response I will get.

Thanks for posting AirborneSapper7 Unfortunately I didn't read the snopes link at the top before I sent this out to my contacts. So if anyone ran to their kitchen to check a product and didn't read the article thoroughly first like I did, I thought I'd add the content of the snopes article for people like me

Country Code

Claim: The first three digits of a bar code indicate a product's country of origin.

* The first three digits of a bar code always indicate a product's country of origin: False.

* The first three digits of an EAN bar code can indicate the country in which the bar code was assigned: True.

Example: [Collected via e-mail, October 2008]

If the origin of what you buy is important to you, may I suggest that you write down on a card (the size of your credit card) and keep in your wallet, the following information.

Since no one is willing to share this information , I'm grateful for the person who dug it up, and passed it along. If we don't write it down and keep it, the information will simply blow through our brains, doing NO good.

Up to YOU:

The whole world is concerned about China made 'black hearted goods'. Can you differentiate which one is made in Canada, Philippines, Taiwan or China?

The first 3 digits of the barcode is the country code wherein the product was made.

Sample: All barcodes that start at 690 - 695 are all MADE IN CHINA. 471 is Made in Taiwan

Government and related departments won't educate the public. Therefore, we have to educate ourselves.

Nowadays, Chinese businessmen know that consumers do not prefer products 'Made in China', so they don't show from which country it is made.

However, you may now refer to the barcode, remember if the first 3 digits are: 690-695 then it is Made in China.

BARCODES

00 ~ 13 USA & CANADA
    30 ~ 37 FRANCE
    40 ~ 44 GERMANY
    49 ~ JAPAN
    50 ~ UK
    57 ~ Denmark
    64 ~ Finland
    76 ~ Switzerland and Lienchtenstein
    471 ~ Taiwan
    480 ~ Philippines
    628 ~ Saudi-Arabien
    629 ~ United Arab Emirates
    690 ~ 695 China
    740 ~ 745 Central America

Please spread this to everyone

Origins: In the wake of recent product scares involving
    melamine-tainted pet foods, lead-tainted toys, and melamine-tainted milk products, all originating in China, consumers have understandably become more apprehensive about the places of origin of the products they buy. The item reproduced above is a reflection of those fears, a message that purportedly provides simple, helpful instructions for determining the country of origin of any product. According to this tip, a glance at the first three digits of a product's bar code will tell you where it was made.

Unfortunately, determination of product origins isn't quite as cut and dried as it's been made to sound here. The first three digits of a European Article Number (EAN) bar code typically represent a country code, but what that country code signifies is where the EAN was assigned, not necessarily where the product originated:
    Q: Does the EAN number indicate the country of origin of a product?

A: No it doesn't. The 3-digit prefix code indicates which numbering organization has allocated the bank of numbers to the company. For example, a company may have its headquarters in South Africa. The EAN organization in South Africa has the code "600," but all the products of the company may be manufactured in England. The English-made products would still have the "600" prefix code. The prefix code is a way to have 70-plus EAN member organizations issuing numbers without having to worry about duplicate numbers.
    For example, if a Mexican company imported fruit from Guatemala, then packed and shipped that fruit to the United States, the country code portion of the final product's EAN would likely indicate an origin of Mexico rather than Guatemala. It may be the case that in some parts of the world there is a fair degree of correlation between assignment of EANs and product origins (i.e., in some countries the preponderance of EAN assignments may apply to domestic products), but for surefire product origin identification consumers must rely upon other methods.

In any case, the bar codes used in the United States are almost exclusively based on the Universal Product Code, type A (UPC-A) standard, not the EAN-13 standard, so most Americans don't even see the three-digit prefixes that indicate the code's point of origin. In determining the country of origin of a product sold in the U.S., consumers should still look for "Made in [country name]" labels on the packaging.

Last updated: 28 October 2008

http://www.snopes.com/politics/business/barcodes.asp

The scary thing about this is how much of the stuff going into these products came from China?

The problem is also that, were I a major cookie manufacturer, I would go to my middleman to get the best deal on ingredients. If I have 20 ingredients in my mix, am supplied by a middleman mixing imports to meet my order, there is no way I would know the origin of my milk powder or wheat gluten.
    Gotta love free trade!