Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

South West Florida (Behind friendly lines but still in Occupied Territory)

Murder down, Gun sales up: Proof that guns don’t cause cri

No correlation between gun ownership and violent crime

Murder down, Gun sales up: Proof that guns don’t cause crime

By Second Amendment Foundation
    Monday, December 21, 2009

A ten percent drop in murders during the first six months of this year at a time when gun sales were up dramatically is more proof that there is no correlation between gun ownership and violent crime, the Second Amendment Foundation said today.

The FBI released data Monday that shows murders dropped by 10 percent from the same period in 2008. Meanwhile, according to data released by the FBI’s National Instant Criminal Background Check System (NICS) shows that during the first six months of this year, gun sales were up. January 2009 background checks rose 28.8 percent over the same month in 2008, February’s NICS checks were up 23.3 percent and in March they were up 29.9 percent over March 2008. The trend continued in April, with NICS checks up 30.3 percent, while May showed a slowdown, up only 15.5 percent, and in June they were up 18.1 percent.

“What this shows,â€
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

South West Florida (Behind friendly lines but still in Occupied Territory)
    and Illegal Aliens are self deporting
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

The American people are arming themselves at a alarming rate never seen in history. Why? not because of crime, but because an unstable out of control government is threatening their future as well as their childrens.
    “In questions of power…let no more be heard of confidence in man, but bind him down from mischief by the chains of the Constitution.” –Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by Reciprocity
    The American people are arming themselves at a alarming rate never seen in history. Why? not because of crime, but because an unstable out of control government is threatening their future as well as their childrens.
    Not just our immediate offspring, but our entire posterity.

That is exactly why I got my gun in Sept of 2008. I never EVER had a desire for one until last year. I was afraid of them. Fear of an out of control govt over rode my fear of guns....if only I'd known what was in store for us. I had a feeling it might be bad, but what I have seen in 2009 is unlike anything I could have imagined....and every day it is something new, something scarier than I ever thought possible. I am just beside myself.

Quote Originally Posted by SicNTiredInSoCal
    That is exactly why I got my gun in Sept of 2008. I never EVER had a desire for one until last year. I was afraid of them. Fear of an out of control govt over rode my fear of guns....if only I'd known what was in store for us. I had a feeling it might be bad, but what I have seen in 2009 is unlike anything I could have imagined....and every day it is something new, something scarier than I ever thought possible. I am just beside myself.
    It's hard to come to grips with it, but I always tell people to fear their leaders more than they do firearms. Without them, you are perilously at their mercy, with them, they have to think twice before messin' with you.

What we need is to have the states start to call up their militias to protect themselves from all invaders foreign and "domestic". Even though the Federal is a domestic entity, the moment it steps into a states' land, it is a foreign invader. That is why the states are considered free and sovereign entities. They are only brought together in the Union by mutual agreements.