Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

South West Florida (Behind friendly lines but still in Occupied Territory)

Obama’s New Math Curriculum Gives Kids Points for Wrong Answers?! Common Core

Obama’s New Math Curriculum Gives Kids Points for Wrong Answers?!

http://foxnewsinsider.com/2013/08/19...-wrong-answers

you think AmeriKa and its children are Dumbed Down Now; Wait until the AmeriKan Communists / Marxists / Progressives are done with them
    Last edited by AirborneSapper7; 08-21-2013 at 02:51 AM.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Common Core: 3 * 4 = 11 is okay

Published on Jul 19, 2013

Video of Amanda August, Grayslake D46 Curriculum Director explaining the focus of Common Core Math:

Video Segment Transcript:

Amanda August: "But even under the new common core if even if they said 3 * 4 was 11, if they were able to explain their reasoning and explain how they came up with their answer. Really in words and oral explanation and they showed it in a picture but they just got the final answer wrong. We're more focused on the how and the why."

Parent: "Will we be correcting them?"

Amanda August: "Oh, absolutely. Absolutely. We want our students to compute correctly. But the emphasis is moving more to the explanation, and the how, and the why, and can I really talk through the procedures that I went through to get at this answer -- and not just knowing its 12, but why its 12. But the emphasis is really moving on toward the explanation and the how and the why and can I really talk through the procedures that I went through to get the answer."

Full video at: http://youtu.be/4AqpF12maPw

• Category

Education
    • License

Standard YouTube License