Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Obama Urges Congress to Put off Fort Hood Inquiry

Obama urges Congress to put off Fort Hood inquiry
    ASSOCIATED PRESS
    Sunday, November 15, 2009

WASHINGTON — President Barack Obama on Saturday urged Congress to hold off on any investigation of the Fort Hood rampage until federal law enforcement and military authorities have completed their investigations into the shootings at the Texas Army post, which left 13 people dead.

On an eight-day Asia trip, Obama turned his attention home and said lawmakers should "resist the temptation to turn this tragic event into the political theater." He said those who died on the nation's largest Army post deserve justice, not political stagecraft.

"The stakes are far too high," Obama said in a video and Internet address released by the White House while the president was flying from Tokyo to Singapore, where Pacific Rim countries were meeting.

Across the country, many people stood before flag-draped coffins during funeral services Saturday for victims of the Fort Hood shootings. Family members, friends, fellow soldiers and strangers came to pay respects to those who died in the Nov. 5 attack.

Funerals were planned Saturday for Staff Sgt. Amy Krueger of Kiel, Wis.; Pfc. Aaron Thomas Nemelka, 19, of West Jordan, Utah; Staff Sgt. Justin M. DeCrow, 32, of Evans, Ga.; Capt. John Gaffaney, 56, of San Diego County, Calif.; Spc. Jason Dean Hunt, 22, of Frederick, Okla.; and Pfc. Michael Pearson, 22, of Bolingbrook, Ill.

Army psychiatrist Maj. Nidal Malik Hasan, 39, faces 13 counts of murder in the shootings at Fort Hood. Army investigators say Hasan is the only suspect, and that he could face additional charges.

Obama already had ordered a review of all intelligence related to Hasan and whether the information was properly shared and acted upon within government agencies. Several members of Congress, among them Michigan Rep. Peter Hoekstra, the top Republican on the House Intelligence Committee, have also called for a full examination of what agencies knew about Hasan's contacts with a radical Muslim cleric in Yemen and others of concern to the U.S.

http://www.statesman.com/news/content/n ... daily.html
    ...I call on you in the name of Liberty, of patriotism & everything dear to the American character, to come to our aid...

William Barret Travis
    Letter From The Alamo Feb 24, 1836

Anyone smell a rat trying to downplay the Muslim angle??
    ...I call on you in the name of Liberty, of patriotism & everything dear to the American character, to come to our aid...

William Barret Travis

ELE
    Many Americans think that obama is a Jihadist and from his actions I can see why they have that opinion of him.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Northern California (moved back to fight for our land and freedom)
    What I smell is a bunch of politicians that want to get in there and alter evidence for their cause to become global. Does anyone else feel Obama just wanted to be POTUS so he could eventually become president of the global world? From what I have seen he doesn't have the sense. He has the arrogance, you gotta give him that. I can see it now. A 24-hour TV channel with his face plastered on it all day and big posters all over town with his face. Like Saddam Hussein. Five times a day we genuflect to his likeness on every corner and sing little songs to his greatness.

Excuse me, I have to go vomit.

LaughingLynx....Excuse me, I have to go vomit.

Glad I'm not the only one that gets the "urge to purge" every time I see or hear Obama.

William Barret Travis

April
    We could all have a barf fest on this one!!!

ELE
    Yea, get out the barf bags. I have the same reaction to him.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by ELE
    Yea, get out the barf bags. I have the same reaction to him.

I get a much different reaction...

Blood shoots from my eyes!
    Travis and Crockett, are flopping in their graves