Page 2 of 28 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: "Obamanation."

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Banned

Options
    Jon McNaughton shared a photo.

WOW . . . I got called every name in the book for the last post I did. Why doesn't the Left doesn't like my paintings? Some day in the future people will look at these images and understand how many Americans felt about what was happening at our time in history.

Banned

Capitalism Institute

Here's photo proof of what happened:

http://www.capitalisminstitute.org/o...rizes-america/

They put it back up after the outrage, proving that they DID have the money all along. They took it down for political reasons. Was this morally wrong?

Banned
    Top 10 Reasons the GOP Will Win the Government Shutdown Staring Contest … If It Holds

Posted by Ken Marrero on Oct 6, 2013 in Congress, Economics, Email Featured, Grassroots, Health Care, Jobs, Regulation, Religion, Taxes, Veterans Affairs

If you haven’t heard, Democrat President Barack Obama and Democrat Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid have shut down the government representing the other 329,999,998 Americans …
    The shutdown has produced the mother-of-all-impasses in a staring contest which neither side appears ready or willing to break by blinking first …
    For the GOP, however, there is worry that this will turn out like the mid-90s wherein Gingrich challenged Clinton and shut down the government for a few days …
    The GOP is widely considered to have “lost” that battle and taken the blame. While history says differently, if for no other reason than Clinton signed Welfare Reform in its aftermath and the GOP won both House and Senate seats in the next election, some GOP elephants can’t forget that people said bad things about them for standing up for sound policy and principle …
    Those same GOPachyderms are already thinking about capitulation lest the President stop dialing back his rhetoric and actually start saying strong things about them … These GOP leaders should remember we live in the U.S. of A and boldness in the face of tyranny is part of our DNA. The GOP is on the right side of this and the people are behind them. If they stand firm, it is my considered opinion that Dems will blink and they will win …
    I believe this because, while the longer this goes on – surely the better things there will be to list, currently it’s just day 5 or so and we already have an interesting top 10 reasons the GOP is winning the government shutdown staring contest …
    #10 – The Democrats are so desperate to show how evil the Republicans are that they have forgotten that Right Wing New and Social Media have the ability to drive narratives, too
    #9 - Anytime you can get the #2 Democrat in the nation to publicly state he doesn’t care about kids with cancer you’ve done the nation a service …
    #8 - Barack and Harry have threatened contracted Catholic military chaplains with arrest for the crime of celebrating Mass for Catholic soldiers during the shutdown …
    #7 – The political Right is so committed to their cause and so convinced it is just they are already publicly declaring they will defy the government and pay the price … willingly and proudly …
    #6 – Barack and Harry SO misunderestimated the nation’s response to their dithering that the Dems got snookered by a bunch of 80+ year old guys in wheelchairs who broke down the #Barrycades faster than they wrested Normandy from other famous tyrants
    #5 – Despite having more than 3 years to prepare for their big launch, the government can’t even build a functioning website … both the website AND the government are shut down this weekend …
    #4 -That broken website? Barack and Harry didn’t even use a US company … development was outsourced to Canada at a cost of $1.4B … presumably because they anticipated a shutdown and, unlike chaplains, they didn’t want to have to arrest American IT guys for working on governmenty things during a shutdown …
    #3 – Barack and Harry shut down the government and the Dow, the S&P and the Nasdaq all post gains
    #2 – The President compared his website’s abysmal failure to handle a few million hits after years of preparation to the private sector’s near flawless handling of high volume traffic for years … Because, you know, the public sector is so superior to the private sector that we must strive to replace the one with the other …
    And, the number one reason the GOP will win if they hold fast to their stated principles …
    #1 - The main example the administration and its media thralls have touted as a successful ACA enrollment has claimed he was on Obama’s payroll to post positive stuff about Obama on the internet and has not been quite as successful as he claimed in signing up for Obamacare …
    To parody Ron Burgundy, “Stay strong, DC …”
    Leave your favorite reason or reasons in comments … Looking forward to them …
    Crossposted at Blue Collar Muse

Read more at http://joeforamerica.com/2013/10/top...wMofoIEmsOW.99

His nibs has been on TV all Day at different intervals...complaining and explaining about not negotiating with the Repugnants on this shut down...Maybe he should go away like he always does. Vacation after vacation after vacation... I hate turning my TV on and off, he has been plastered all over all the stations all day. Now once again for many who may not have been listening, Obama changed the affordable care act when:

1. He gave exemptions to him self and the rest of the political hacks and their families, guess what is good for us is not so good for any of them!!!!

2. He gave waivers to thousand of people, corporations friends etc. After the fact...

3. He changed it to a tax, after the fact which is illegal to begin with.it was a healthcare law..
    What was voted in those 2000 or more un godly pages has nothing to do with healthcare. It is only about control from the cradle to the grave of us and forced on us by them... But wait, it is paid for by us...and not themselves!!!! Well we don't want to pay for it, they wouldn't listen then and they aren't listening now, what part of NO obamacare ie affordable care act can't you understand!! The N or the O.

4. He can't even balance a budget , and he hasn't balanced one since he was elected....He gets plenty of money in from taxation etc, but he still needs to over tax and over spend and he can't stay with in his budget..oops not HIS budget of course he has none...his idea of the peoples work is poverty for us all.
    Last edited by kathyet2; 10-09-2013 at 08:19 AM.

Banned
    Unreal: Yellowstone Tourists Locked in Hotel by Armed Federal Agents

It has been fairly obvious over the last few weeks that Barack Obama will do absolutely anything to make citizens suffer in order to ignore any “compromise” with congress. He’s openly said, “I shouldn’t have to offer anything.”
    To prove his point, he’s shut down the WWII memorial, he’s had Vietnam vets kicked out of their memorial, he’s had privately-funded parks shut down, and even shuttered the Grand Canyon.
    But now he’s reached a new low. He’s had senior citenze detained by armed federal agents for daring to be tourists at the Yellowstone National Park.

n fact, the local newspaper “The Eagle-Tribune”, has reported that the feds used “gestapo-like” tactics to detain the elderly tourists. This is, quite frankly, surreal. I no longer recognize my country.

Here’s what the headline looked like:

Let this sink in. Tyranny has come to America — we’re under attack from the inside.
    Here’s what the paper reported:
    Pat Vaillancourt went on a trip last week that was intended to showcase some of America’s greatest treasures. Instead, the Salisbury resident said she and others on her tour bus witnessed an ugly spectacle that made her embarrassed, angry and heartbroken for her country.
    Vaillancourt was one of thousands of people who found themselves in a national park as the federal government shutdown went into effect on Oct. 1. For many hours her tour group, which included senior citizen visitors from Japan, Australia, Canada and the United States, were locked in a Yellowstone National Park hotel under armed guard.
    The tourists were treated harshly by armed park employees, she said, so much so that some of the foreign tourists with limited English skills thought they were under arrest. When finally allowed to leave, the bus was not allowed to halt at all along the 2.5-hour trip out of the park, not even to stop at private bathrooms that were open along the route.
    “We’ve become a country of fear, guns and control,” said Vaillancourt, who grew up in Lawrence. “It was like they brought out the armed forces. Nobody was saying, ‘we’re sorry,’ it was all like — ” as she clenched her fist and banged it against her forearm.
    I generally ask readers to share content that the mainstream media won’t cover, and this is probably the most important thing I’ve read that the media isn’t covering.
    If you only share one thing, let it be this. There has to be some kind of backlash from the public, or the police state is only going to get worse.
    Remember, most people don’t even know these things are happening. The media is keeping them ignorant and useful. We have to spread the truth — the media won’t do it. Please share this on Facebook and Twitter.

Read This Next:

1. Obama Forces Park to Shut Down… That Receives NO Federal Funding
    2. VIDEO: Obama Forces People Out of Their PRIVATELY-OWNED HOMES on Federal Land
    3. VIDEO: Federal Police Kick Vietnam Vets Out of Vietnam Memorial
    4. Obama Closes the Grand Canyon… AFTER Arizona Offers to PAY For It
    5. Gov. Scott Walker Defies Obama’s Order to Shut Down State Parks
    6. BREAKING: “Million Vet March” is Now Being Organized
    7. Park Ranger Admits He Was Told to “Make Life As Difficult For People As We Can”
    8. Feds Threaten WWII Vets With Arrest… The Vets WON’T Back Down
    9. CNN Bombshell: Dozens of CIA Agents at Benghazi, Massive Coverup
    10. Obama Illegally Shuts Down Hundreds of PRIVATELY FUNDED Parks
    11. Victory: Obama Surrenders to the Vets, They Can Visit WWII Memorial (Pictures)
    12. The Obamacare Hotline is “1 800 F*CK YO”
    13. Another Leak: Obama is Fabricating the “Pain” of Sequester
    14. PICTURE: Obama Deleted AMBER ALERT Website… Put it Back Up After Backlash
    15. Nearly 90 IRS Agents Were Involved in Tea Party Attack

http://www.capitalisminstitute.org/police-state-park/

Banned
    Top 20 things President Jackass would do if he owned the Washington Redskins

Posted by Dominari Nolo on Oct 5, 2013 i

This week’s been busy for His Royal Highness. It’s hard work accusing Republicans of his shutdown and his wrecked economy, ordering National Park Services (NPS) to go around closing parks they don’t even control, spitting on veterans, closing the ocean, and keeping his 2 personal chefs non-furloughed, golf outings, a photo shoot, and now chilling in (also non-furloughed) Camp David.

Between all that, at great self-sacrifice, nay, with super-human effort and wisdom, he is also taking on the task of telling the Washington Redskins that if he were their owner, he’d change their name.

He certainly has a high opinion of his own ability to run things, yes? He bragged once (at least) that he could do every job better than the assistants he hired (considering the quality of his administration, faint self-praise…). Having seen him play basketball, and seeing what he’s done for the economy, unemployment, world peace, racial relations, control of the border, and America’s respect in the world, I can only imagine what a fine owner he would make for the Washington Redskins.
    Our intrepid spies here at JoeForAmerica have uncovered secret documents from inside the White House that reveal the top 20 things Barack would do if he became owner of the Washington Redskins:

• 20 – change the name to Washington Workers. We all know how he loves Unionistas, and his favorite substitute word for “people”.
    • 19 – accept the Nobel Peace Prize for Awesome Owners 9 days into the job and before his first season. Because he’s just that awesome.
    • 18 – vacation in Spain. On the players’ dime. Because this ownership thing is hard work.
    • 17 – hire management and coaching staff based on:
      • blind loyalty to him
      • how much they’ve donated and/or bundled to him
      • blind loyalty to him

• 16 – Trade RG3 for Michael Vick. RG3′s a Christian. That might offend people. Dog Killing Thug? Much better.
    • 15 – blame the Dallas Cowboys for being divisive – and Racist™.
    • 14 – accuse the refs of ‘acting stupidly’. Which is code for Racist.
    • 13 – vacation in Hawaii. With the players’ money. Because he deserves it.
    • 12 – make a 75-minute speech at the owners meeting telling them all how they should do their jobs. Then vote ‘present’ on every vote.
    • 11 – declare that cheerleaders can only come from union families. And Democrat. Because…Fairness™.

• 10 – leave all those details and hard choices to his underlings while insisting publicly and privately that he’s in charge. And smarter than everyone else.
    • 9 – claim credit for every success. Publish pictures of himself looking awesome in the War Room, posing majestically.
    • 8 – vacation in the Vineyard. On the players’ tab. Because it’s for the People!
    • 7 – blame every failure on
      • his employees
      • the Dallas Cowboys, who just obstruct everything
      • ownership from 5 years ago, or
      • Racism™

• 6 – Host high-dollar concerts in the owner’s booth using the players’ money, and only invite fellow rich fat-cats.
    • 5 – Have terrorist Bill Ayers write him another autobiography. Title: I Have Yet to Attain My Full Measure of Awesomeness.
    • 4 – ignore all rules and do things the way he wants to — ForTheChildren™, of course.
    • 3 – vacation on the ski slopes. Using players’ money. Because I ski like a BOSS!
    • 2 – Let Moo design the menu for the players. Assuming we can pry her away from shopping trips. Or eating grass along the roadside.

And… the number 1 thing His Royal Highness would do:

• 1 – Have his people always cook all the statistics so that a 3-13 season shows up as 3-5. You know, those other 8 games just “left the workforce” And hey, we’re just a little less than average! Which is the NewNormal™! Hope! Change! Yes We Can!

http://landing.newsinc.com/shared/vi...a&VID=25229861

Read more at http://joeforamerica.com/2013/10/top...rU4PGg24Vu6.99

Banned

Sunday, October 6, 2013

Bring It On: I Will Not Comply with Obamacare

Daisy Luther
    Activist Post

I will not comply with Obamacare.

There. I said it.

I am unequivocally not going to be complying with Obamacare.

I also won’t be purchasing health insurance at 4 times the regular price, nor will I participate in the government-funded “exchange” for “affordable” healthcare.

Now, first, let me be clear – this isn’t because I’d be paying $20,000 per year for the crappiest coverage. In reality, Obamacare and the subsidies my family is eligible for would make the cost incredibly reasonable – but that is not the point.

The point is this: I am an American, and as such, I refuse to be forced to purchase anything else. I have already been forced to have car insurance, forced to purchase annually the “privilege” of driving via a license and having a (paid-for) car on the road via a license plate, and forced to pay taxes on my income and every purchase that I make.

When I moved back home to America after living in Canada, I never expected to be subjected to government coercion on this grand scale. I will not comply. The government is fond of saying that they will not negotiate with terrorists. Well, neither will I – and the US government under the reign of Barack Obama is the biggest terrorist organization around.

Michael Rivero of What Really Happened gives the best explanation I’ve seen for why the government is so intent that everyone must participate in this program. They have run the country into the ground and want to force us all to pay as they vainly struggle to keep things afloat. This is a last ditch effort – the only alternative is economic collapse.
    Obama’s utter refusal to compromise or delay Obamacare is more than mere political grandstanding. Obama has to prove he can continue to make the payments on the government debt. Now, based on reports we are getting from people who did sign up for Obamacare, they are being offered policies that cost about $500 a month, and have a deductible in the tens of thousands. That means that for the vast majority of Americans, they will be paying $500 month for insurance that will in fact pay none of their medical costs. So, $500 a month is $6000 a year times 200 million complying Americans equals $1.2 trillion a year pouring into the Health Insurance companies as pure profit, of which the US Government gets almost $200 billion in taxes (plus the IRS fines on those who refuse to sign up). And THAT is why Obama is demanding that Obamacare move forward now, despite a totally botched computer management system and despite 71% public opposition. Absent that new cash flow, the US Government will collapse, and the one year delay proposed by the House of Representatives is far too long to survive without some new source of loot from the public. (source)
    It’s clear that our non-compliance in large numbers could stop this madness. We just have to say, “No. I will not comply.”

Why is this such a big deal?

There are numerous reasons for my planned non-compliance.

1.) People who make more money than I do should not be forced to subsidize my health care. I have no desire for a handout and this is assuredly a handout. One of my closest friends will be paying over $15,000 per year for a family of 5. With the small amount that I’d pay for my family, it is quite clear that my friend, and others like him, would be paying for us. I have always paid my own bills and don’t expect others to take up my slack. I am not a welfare case.

2.) Despite the fact that my family is apparently far before the poverty level, we don’t feel poor. We have everything we need and some of what we want. I budget carefully in order to be able to pay for things like the emergency trip to the dentist for my daughter last week. My child wears nice clothes to school, always has enough to eat and seems to feel that she has the same privileges and possessions as her friends do.

3.) This is going to delete the middle class. Once the wheels are truly in motion, there will no longer be a middle class. Everyone will be either dirt poor or well-to-do. There won’t be any middle ground, as average folks watch their expenses skyrocket. Soon people will be forced to make the choice between Obamacare and food.

4.) This is just another way to make the populace dependent on the benevolence of government. Much like the push to put people on food stamps, what better way to make people dependent than to force them to accept this type of assistance? If private health insurance continues to spiral wildly, then almost no one will be able to afford health care without Obamacare.

5.) This is an assault on my medical privacy. Does the government need to know a person is depressed? If a woman skipped a mammogram that they feel is vital? That someone might have opted for an “alternative” treatment? If they have an STD? If they have a sexual dysfunction? NO. It directly violates the doctor-patient privilege. Furthermore, data has already been leaked and the system isn’t even live yet – all sorts of non-medical-professionals will have access to my personal information, both medical and financial.

6.) I’m not having my family’s health care decisions made by other people. What happens when I refuse to vaccinate my children? Right now, that is my choice, but when someone else is paying for it, will I still have the option to say no? I always opt for the least chemical, least invasive treatments possible, but when someone else pulls the strings will that still be an option? If I refuse treatment will they refuse payment? Will I no longer be allowed to leave my home during flu season if I don’t get the flu shot?

What are the ramifications of non-compliance?

Noncompliance with Obamacare has harsh penalties. The government wants you to feel as though you have no choice whether or not you participate. The scare tactics are already operational, as one man found when he attempted to opt out of the online sign up.
    A man who attempted to sign up for Obamacare online was told that a fine of over $4,000 dollars a year for refusing to take out mandatory health insurance could be taken directly from his bank account, and that his drivers license would be suspended and a federal tax lien placed against his home, according to an entry on the HealthCare.gov Facebook page. (source)
    If you refuse to comply, here are some of the potential punishments you could be subject to, according to a Senate research document called The PPACA Penalty Provision and the Internal Revenue Service.

#1. You will be assessed a penalty by the IRS on your tax bill. You will be told to pay the fine and will not receive any retroactive health care coverage – in other words, you get nothing for your money.
    If you skip the insurance, you’ll pay a penalty. For 2014 the fine is $95 for an individual or 1 percent of your income, whichever is greater, along with $47.50 per uninsured child, maxing out at $285 for the year.
    But by 2016, an individual would pay $695 or 2.5 percent of your income.
    The TurboTax website has a calculator to help you determine how high a penalty you’d pay.
    Without insurance, you’d also face a double whammy. By 2016 you’d be forking over almost $700 to the federal government and having nothing to show for it, and still have to pay your own medical bills if you’re injured or become ill. (source)
    #2. If you, like me, refuse to pay that penalty, they’ll up the stakes by withdrawing the penalty from any tax refund that you are due.

#3. If you aren’t due for a tax refund that they can seize, and you still refuse to pay the penalty,the next step might be for the IRS to pursue the penalty in the same way they would any non-payment of taxes.
    Section 5000A(g)(1) of the Internal Revenue Code (IRC) states that “the penalty provided by this section shall be paid upon notice and demand by the Secretary.” Subject to certain exceptions, the penalty is to be assessed and collected in the same way as assessable penalties. Assessable penalties generally are assessed and collected in the same manner as taxes.15 (source)
    #4. This could include “silent” liens on your property which you wouldn’t even know about until you tried to sell something big like your home or your car.
    Once the tax is assessed, the taxpayer will receive a Notice and Demand for Payment, which will advise the taxpayer of the balance due—the sum of the assessed tax plus interest and applicable penalties—and request payment in full within ten days. If such payment is not made, a federal tax lien will be created under § 6321 of the IRC.18 This is often referred to as a silent lien because, at this point, there has been no notice of federal tax lien (NFTL). Without notice, the IRS’s claim against property still takes priority over most other claims; however, certain claims would be superior to the IRS claim. These include a subsequent purchaser of the property as well as holders of security interests, mechanic’s liens, or judgments, even if they arise later in time.
    Generally an individual taxpayer may receive up to 3 more notices requesting payment. The last of these notices is sent by certified mail and is a notice of the IRS’s intent to levy the taxpayer’s assets to satisfy the tax debt. This notice also advises delinquent taxpayers that the IRS may file a NFTL if payment is not made within thirty days. If none of these notices results in payment or a payment arrangement,20 in most cases the account is then transferred to the IRS’s Automated Collection System (ACS) (source)
    #5. Next they could potentially empty your bank account and take your property and sell it out from under you.
    Thirty days after providing a Final Notice of Intent to Levy and Notice of Your Right to Appeal, the IRS may levy the taxpayer’s property, both real and personal.22 This means that wages may be garnished until the tax is paid in full. All funds in a bank account that are available for withdrawal on the date the levy is received by the bank may be taken.23 In some cases, the IRS may sell property belonging to the taxpayer after providing public notice and advising the taxpayer of the minimum bid price. (source)
    #6. No mention is made of taking away your driver’s license, but if you happen to be a federal contractor things could get hairy.
    Delinquency in federal taxes is a ground for debarment of a federal contractor. However, debarment is not an automatic process and requires that the contracting agency initiate debarment proceedings against a government contractor. (source)
    #7. But maybe they won’t really do it. According to the PPACA, the IRS cannot go further than the silent liens for this particular penalty.
    Section 5000A(g)(2) of the IRC limits the means the IRS may employ to collect the penalty established in the section. First, the taxpayer is protected from either criminal prosecution or penalty for failure to pay the penalty. Second, the IRS is prohibited from either filing a NFTL or levying any property in an effort to collect the penalty. There is no prohibition, however, on establishing a statutory lien against the taxpayer’s property under § 6321. No additional limits are placed on the IRS using correspondence or phone calls, either through its own employees or through private collection agencies, in an effort to collect the amount owed. Additionally, no restriction was placed on the IRS’s ability to use the refund offset as a means of collecting the amount due.
    Those who are required to pay the penalty for failure to maintain minimum coverage but choose not to do so will be subject to increases in the amount owed due to interest and late payment penalties imposed on the penalty after it has been assessed by the IRS. The IRS may impose interest on tax, including penalties, under § 6601(a), (e)(2), and it may impose penalties under § 6651(a)(3).
    A taxpayer who chooses not to pay the required penalty may ultimately forfeit more than the amount ofthe penalty if that taxpayer is ever in the position of having an overpayment to the IRS for any reason, since the refund offset applies not only to overpayments shown on original tax returns, but also to any subsequent adjustments, for example an audit by the IRS that results in an overpayment. Further, as explained above, it is possible that the IRS could present its claim when property is being sold and collect both the original penalty amount along with accrued interest and applicable penalties. (source)
    I’m not a lawyer, but it appears to me that, according to this federal document, the absolute worst case scenario is that you would be assessed penalties on your penalties and the only way they could collect those would be if you sold your home or car. The trustworthiness of both the government and the arm of enforcement for this, the IRS, are dubious, but according to the codes that I am reading, that looks like the ultimate allowable collection strong-arm tactic.

Join me in saying no.

So, Obama regime, bring it on. I’m not just saying no, Mr. President. But HELL, no.

I am ready and waiting for the assaults from the IRS. I understand that within a period of time, I won’t be able to sell any large items that I have paid for – and that is fine – I would prefer to give them away than to pay this blood money. I have read the penalties and realize what I’m in for. I also know how other people who have said no have been treated – the IRS auditors are released like stealth weapons, destroying lives, shutting down accounts, and seizing property in order to make an example out of the resistor.

However, I’m done. I will not be forced anymore. I don’t really care what the Supreme Court says – I have also read the Constitution, and no place in it does it contain the phrase, “Participation in Obamacare is your duty as an American.” Mike Adams of Natural News referred to this as “unlimited theft and confiscation.” And he’s right.

I’ve started a page on Facebook called We Will Not Comply with Obamacare, where I can pass on all of the information I come across regarding noncompliance with Obamacare. Please join me there if you have a social media account. Based on the figures that Michael Rivero put forth, the refusal of a small percentage of us to participate in this extortion could throw a giant cog in the wheels of this plan. If we have learned anything about resistance over the last few years, it is that the power of social media can be an enormous factor in educating the public and letting the government and large corporations know that our voices will be heard.

Sometimes revolution can be as simple as stating a calm and unwavering, “No. I will not comply.”

Daisy Luther is a freelance writer and editor. Her website, The Organic Prepper, where this article first appeared, offers information on healthy prepping, including premium nutritional choices, general wellness and non-tech solutions. You can follow Daisy on Facebook and Twitter, and you can email her at daisy@theorganicprepper.ca

http://www.activistpost.com/2013/10/...mply-with.html

Banned
    Capitalism Institute

Video: it's getting worse... feds are kicking people out of privately owned homes:

http://www.capitalisminstitute.org/o...victs-elderly/

We should NOT take this standing down. It's time to support the vets in their march on DC and make DC listen. Agree?

VIDEO: Obama Forces People Out of Their PRIVATELY-OWNED HOMES on Federal Land

The last few weeks have been surreal. We’ve become used to Obama’s “scandals” of constant constitutional and natural rights violations. But now, he’s reaching a point where there is no coherent rationalization for what he’s doing other than a pure power grab. He’s openly hurting citizens on purpose.
    He barricaded the WWII memorial so the WWII vets couldn’t see their own memorial. Then he did the same to the Vietnam vets. Then he shut down hundreds of privately-funded parks. He even shut down the Grand Canyon even though Arizona offered to pay to keep it open.
    Now, he’s crossed yet “another line”. Obama has actually forced people out of their PRIVATELY-OWNED HOMES on federal land. Yes, he is actually kicking people out of their homes that they own outright — he sent federal agents to do the dirty work.
    According to KTNV, based in Nevada:
    The government shutdown is being felt close to home for some locals. They say they’re being forced out of private homes on Lake Mead because they sit on federal land.
    Joyce Spencer is 77-years-old and her husband Ralph is 80. They’ve been spending most of their time in the family ice cream store since going home isn’t an option.
    The Spencers never expected to be forced out of their Lake Mead home, which they’ve owned since the 70s, but on Thursday, a park ranger said they had 24 hours to get out.
    “I had to go to town today and buy Ralph undershirts and jeans because I forgot his pants,” Joyce Spencer told Action News.
    The Stewart’s Point home sits on federal land, so even though the Spencers own their cabin outright, they’re not allowed in until the government reopens.
    Park officials said property owners can visit only to retrieve belongings; they sent Action News a statement which reads in part, “Unfortunately overnight stays are not permitted until a budget is passed and the park can reopen.”
    Here’s the video:

video is at link below

It’s surreal. Right now, the people are being treated like prisoners in a war-zone. This is what politics and a power-hungry president have done to the country. Spread this — let people know what’s happening. The mainstream media is acting like propaganda for him, like usual.
    Click here to see what some people are doing about it… a million American vets are about to march on DC.
    Posting this on Facebook or Twitter is generally the best way to fight the media.

Read This Next:

1. Obama Forces Park to Shut Down… That Receives NO Federal Funding
    2. Park Ranger Admits He Was Told to “Make Life As Difficult For People As We Can”
    3. Obama Illegally Shuts Down Hundreds of PRIVATELY FUNDED Parks
    4. Gov. Scott Walker Defies Obama’s Order to Shut Down State Parks
    5. Obama Closes the Grand Canyon… AFTER Arizona Offers to PAY For It
    6. BREAKING: “Million Vet March” is Now Being Organized
    7. Obama Forces Christian Family to Face Possible Prison Time
    8. Obama Keeps Military Golf Courses Open… Closes Military Grocery Stores
    9. Victory: Obama Surrenders to the Vets, They Can Visit WWII Memorial (Pictures)
    10. VIDEO: WWII Vets Symbolically Seize Control of the WWII Memorial (Pictures)
    11. Feds Threaten WWII Vets With Arrest… The Vets WON’T Back Down
    12. Watch: Obama Says Anti-Obamacare People Are “Trying to Mess With Me”
    13. Federal Government Calls Founding Fathers an “Extremist” Movement
    14. Land-Value Tax: Why It’s Immoral and Destructive
    15. Obama Gives $680 Million to Military Firm Owned by… Russia

The Truth About DC:

The media is trying to hide the truth, but now you can bypass them. Get our newsletter now:

http://www.capitalisminstitute.org/o...victs-elderly/

Banned
    Obama Disobeys the Law of the Land

by Phyllis Schlafly

October 9, 2013

The Democrats are chanting that Republicans must fully fund Obamacare because it is the law of the land, passed by Congress, signed by the President, and upheld by the Supreme Court. Therefore, they say, it must be obeyed and can’t be altered by Republicans who want to defund it.
    That argument is both wrong and hypocritical. Any federal law can be changed, repealed, amended or defunded by our legislative branch of government, Congress.
    The Republican House wants to deal with the controversial huge “continuing resolution” bill in separate pieces, giving the OK to worthwhile federal spending purposes while leaving others (like Obamacare) without funds. Obama refuses to negotiate and demands a “clean” (blank-check) bill; his position is all-or-nothing-at-all.
    Actually, the Supreme Court decision did not give a “clean” upholding of Obamacare. The Court effectively rewrote the law by allowing states to opt out of Medicaid expansion, and other pieces of Obamacare are still being litigated in federal courts, such as the mandate that employer-required insurance must include objectionable abortifacient drugs.
    Obama’s hypocrisy about the issue of considering Obamacare in pieces is obvious from the many times he has unilaterally messed with other matters that are clearly the law of the land. He has frequently refused to enforce other laws of the land he doesn’t like, and he pretends to legislate laws that Congress declined to pass.
    Welfare reform is truly the law of the land; it was passed by Congress in 1996 and signed by President Clinton to “end welfare as we know it.” But in violation of the law’s explicit language, Obama unilaterally carved out (in effect, repealed) the “work” (or training for work) requirement for persons receiving Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TANF).
    Obama’s use of waivers from various laws of the land is notorious. He has given waivers from the No Child Left Behind law of the land to more than half of the states.
    Obama has even picked pieces out of Obamacare. He gave a one-year deferral of its insurance employer mandate to large employers, and he exempted Congress and government staff from the requirement on individuals to buy compulsory insurance or pay a significant penalty.
    Obama’s Secretary of Education, Arne Duncan, admits that a federal law of the land prohibits the federal government from interfering with or dictating public school curriculum. But Obama used carrot-and-stick tactics to bribe or threaten a majority of states to adopt Common Core, and Duncan pretends it is OK for the feds to require states to be aligned with federally approved Common Core standards and Common Core tests, which will effectively dictate school curriculum.
    Obama has repeatedly taken away from other branches of government powers that are specifically granted in the U.S. Constitution.
    The Constitution makes an undiluted grant of power to Congress “to regulate commerce with foreign nations.” Obama is trying to coopt that power for himself by demanding that Congress pass “Fast Track,” an enormous unconstitutional shift that would give Obama the authority to write our trade treaties in secret and then let Congress vote on them under rules that limit Congress’s power to debate or amend them, all within in a short preset time period.
    All these foreign trade treaties are encrusted with promises about how they will create U.S. jobs. Those are all lies; every single month since Congress accepted the Korea trade agreement in March 2012, our exports to Korea have declined, and the agreement has already cost us 40,000 U.S. jobs.
    The Constitution gives the House of Representatives the power of the purse in the Origination Clause in Article I. But Obamacare’s taxing and spending sections actually originated in the Senate, a maneuver not yet ruled on by the Supreme Court.
    The Constitution starts with the powerful words, “All legislative powers” are vested in Congress, consisting of a Senate and House. Paying no attention to the Constitution, Obama has done his own legislating.
    Congress declined to pass the Dream Act, but Obama is legislating it anyway through regulations. In defiance of the law of the land, Obama has allowed millions of aliens to stay and work illegally in the United States.
    Congress declined to pass Cap and Trade, but Obama is legislating it anyway through regulations. His regulations are designed to bankrupt coal plants, skyrocket our electricity costs so we can’t “keep our homes on 72 degrees,” and spend our tax dollars to subsidize inefficient, costly solar and wind energy.
    In April 2012, nine state Attorneys General issued a Memo listing 21 violations of law by the Obama Administration, and now we have so many more examples. Obama is the one who doesn’t obey the law of the land.

http://www.eagleforum.org/publicatio...-law-land.html
    Last edited by kathyet2; 10-09-2013 at 02:04 PM.

Banned
    Monday, 07 October 2013 07:00 Obama’s “Shutdown” Shenanigans Stir Outrage, Defiance

Written by Alex Newman

As part of what critics have called a presidential “temper tantrum” aimed at extorting taxpayer money to fund ObamaCare, the Obama administration has been hard at work trying to make the partial federal government “shutdown” feel as painful as possible. In fact, according to numerous sources and news reports from across the country, the president is actually going out of his way and wasting additional taxpayer money on petty gimmicks to inconvenience the public by making federal authorities even more of a nuisance than usual. Now, Congress wants answers.

At the same time, the White House and various establishment media outlets are pathetically asking for Americans to submit sad shutdown stories for propaganda purposes. “How has the government shutdown affected you?” asked Obama’s “director of digital strategy” on the White House blog, apparently an “essential” part of government. CNN, meanwhile, which was recently the subject of intense ridicule for attempting to dramatize the partial shutdown, asked readers: “Are you affected by the shutdown?... Send it to iReport and be part of CNN's coverage.” The American people and their representatives, though, appear to be catching on to the games, and outrage over the administration’s antics is growing.

Perhaps the most revealing look at what is going on came from a Park Service ranger quoted in the Washington Times. “We’ve been told to make life as difficult for people as we can. It’s disgusting,” the federal employee said about the harassment aimed at taxpayers, suggesting that bureaucrats have actually been ordered to deliberately do their best to annoy the American people. “It’s a cheap way to deal with the situation.” The comments exposing the administration’s asinine antics quickly made headlines across the Internet in the increasingly influential world of conservative and alternative media.

Indeed, based on reports from across America, it appears that the administration really is squandering extra taxpayer money specifically to cause as much pain as possible. Consider, for example, the administration’s absurd scheme to shut down the open-air World War II memorial in Washington, D.C., by wasting taxpayer funds to pay government workers to erect barriers — “Barrycades,” as they are being called — around the normally unmanned monument that was paid for overwhelmingly with private donations. In a pathetic spectacle of government gone wild that ended up backfiring on the administration when the public found out, federal employees tried to prevent elderly WWII veterans — ranging from octogenarians up to age 99 — from visiting the site erected in their honor.

The public backlash has been intense. Lawmakers, too, were outraged, using the scandal to paint Obama as a petty, out-of-touch schemer. “Unbelievable!” declared Sen. Rand Paul (R-Ky.) about the news that “some idiot” sent federal “goons” to barricade the memorial as part of a “charade” to extort Republicans and the public. “These barricades are preventing our heroic World War II veterans from visiting a memorial their blood and sacrifice was built to honor. And just this morning President Obama sent seven security guards to the World War II memorial to keep out our veterans. Sadly, that is two more than were present in Benghazi.”

Separately, members of Congress who were at the memorial to greet veterans decided to help them defy the administration’s bizarre scheme, with the visitors simply moving the “Barrycades” to get in as the federal employees watched the civil disobedience. “These men and women didn’t cower to the Japanese and Germans,” said Rep. Steve Palazzo (R-Miss.), who helped the veterans in as the crowd cheered. “I don’t think they’re about to let a few National Park Police stand in their way.” The park police, out of respect for veterans, refused to intervene, though the next day they were ordered to add more “barrycades” that are now wired together.

The ridiculous scheme appears to have backfired, however. Following the news and the public outrage, lawmakers decided to get to the bottom of the matter — and somebody may eventually be held accountable. In a letter to the National Parks Service from House Oversight and Government Reform Committee Chair Rep. Darrell Issa (R.-Calif.) and Government Operations Subcommittee Chair John Mica (R., Fla.), the senior Republicans demanded to know by October 17 why the WWII memorial and other monuments were needlessly barricaded during the partial shutdown — apparently at an additional cost to taxpayers.

“The Committee is concerned with NPS’s allocation of resources during this time of lapsed funding. Our concerns are heightened due to NPS’s suspicious decisions during the lead-up to the sequester,” the lawmakers explained. “This past spring the Committee uncovered evidence that NPS’s budgetary decisions were designed to intentionally cause the most disruption to the public in a time of reduced funding.... Specifically, the Committee received information that proposed budget adjustments submitted by an NPS official in the field to deal with sequestration impacts were rejected by NPS superiors in favor of cuts that would be more visible and disruptive.”

However, the federal government’s disruptive and bizarre behavior goes beyond simply trying to stop veterans from visiting their own memorial. In Florida, according to news reports, the National Park Service actually tried to close down large swaths of ocean. Boat captains were informed that rangers would be policing the area in a ham-handed attempt to close down 1,100 square miles in the Florida Bay and Biscayne National Park until the shutdown is over. Analysts say it will probably cost more to shut the area than is normally spent, and that the whole scheme is tantamount to “governing by temper-tantrum.”

In Wisconsin, meanwhile, the federal government reportedly tried to order state officials to shut down parks, too. State authorities refused, noting that most of the funds for the parks came from state taxpayers anyway. The Wisconsin Department of Natural Resources, citing a decades-old agreement with D.C., also reportedly removed barricades from a popular boat launching spot on federal lands, drawing applause from commentators seeking to rein in the out-of-control U.S. government on a broad range of issues.

Even homes and private businesses located on federal lands that do not cost the government any money have been declared off limits during the shutdown, according to news reports — again costing taxpayers more money than simply leaving them alone. “You do have to wonder about the wisdom of an organization that would use staff they don’t have the money to pay to evict visitors from a park site that operates without costing them any money,” Claude Moore Colonial Farm Managing Director Anna Eberly was quoted as saying about the scheme.

Of course, the National Parks Service has engaged in similar shenanigans before, so the childish behavior is not unique to the current administration’s leadership. However, the closing of the memorials — even going so far as to refuse private donations to keep them open — is unprecedented, according to news reports. Also, according to Bush-era Interior Secretary Gale Norton, many of the closures were probably politically motivated — and the orders likely came from the top, in cooperation with the White House.

“The National Parks Service has a long history of dramatizing budget issues by inconveniencing the public,” Norton told National Review Online. ”They often choose the most dramatic type of action in order to get their message across. It’s something I had to guard against when I was secretary — not letting them play budget games.... Given the fact that they have closed so much, and acted so broadly, I imagine that decision was made at the highest levels of park service leadership, in cooperation with department leadership and the White House.”

It appears that in its fiendish drive to ensure that ObamaCare is foisted on the American people despite the overwhelming public opposition, the administration has gone completely off the rails. Even before the shutdown began, polls showed a majority of likely voters supported shutting down the federal government until the healthcare scheme could be defunded and the budget slashed. Indeed, even now, commentators are calling the shutdown a “welcome development” for exposing some of the myriad problems with a national government that has grown way too huge and far too powerful in defiance of the Constitution. Obama cannot afford to let that sentiment spread.

In what looks to be a sad and desperate effort to ensure that Americans do not realize that aside from being unconstitutional, most of what the federal government does is beyond useless, Obama and federal authorities seem determined to try to make the public suffer as much as possible. What the administration was not counting on, however, is that people would start discovering that much of the effort was deliberate, costly, and unnecessary — and that the president and like-minded senators were responsible for it in the first place by refusing to consider funding bills from the House of Representatives without ObamaCare funds.

Alex Newman is a correspondent for The New American, covering economics, politics, and more. He can be reached at anewman@thenewamerican.com.

Photo at top shows people — many WW II vets — visiting the World War II Memorial in defiance of the administration's attempts to close the open-air memorial: AP Images
    Related articles:

Why the Government Shutdown Is a Welcome Development

Obama Complains About Lack of Same Spending He's Pledged To Veto

Constitution Gives House of Reps the "Weapon" to Destroy ObamaCare

The White House Versus Some World War II Vets

Poll: Most Americans Support Federal Shutdown to Defund ObamaCare

http://www.thenewamerican.com/usnews...trage-defiance

Banned

Page 2 of 28 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast