Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: Opioid Overdose Crisis

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Quote Originally Posted by Beezer View Post
    TOUGH LOVE BABY...TOUGH LOVE!!!

THEY DIDN'T CALL ME THE "DRAGON LADY" IN THE MILTARY FOR NOTHING
    What branch and years?

Quote Originally Posted by Boomslang View Post
    For me, to be honest, I liked the feeling. But inside it felt like something was "forcing" me to take them. One of my
    strongest personality traits/flaws is that I like to be in control of myself.
    I don't drink alcohol for the same reason.
    That personality trait probably saved your life. Plus you were pretty knowledgeable through your work what a life of addiction can be and mean. For those who don't, it's two-edged sword cutting their lives to pieces.

I have a friend who was hurt really bad in a terrible car accident, broken bones everywhere, including a shattered pelvis. He almost didn't make it, but they saved him, his injuries were so bad, the pain was horrible, so the doctor asked his parents if it was okay to give him morphine for the pain. They approved it. It took him months to get well and he had some minor disability from it, due to one leg being slightly shorter than the other because of how they had to fix a hip bone or something. Not sure exactly. I asked him how his parents were and he said he didn't know he hadn't talked to them for a long time, they were really close, so I was shocked and asked him why, and he said because they approved the morphine. Not knowing too much about drugs at the time, I said well they did that I'm sure to help you with the pain, why are you upset about that? He just smiled at my lack of knowledge on the subject, and said if you've ever been through morphine withdrawal and its aftermath you'd understand. Then I realized, he was on it for all those months he was recuperating and then had to withdraw. He said, the pain will eventually go away, but a morphine addiction never does. He beat it, but still craves it and I guess always will. He and his parents eventually made up, but it's a hard thing for him to this day, it really is.
    Last edited by Judy; 03-02-2018 at 06:45 AM.
    A Nation Without Borders Is Not A Nation - Ronald Reagan
    Save America, Deport Congress! - Judy

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

I have Oxycodone too. I did not eat them like candy, and did not use all of them.

Personal choice and personal responsibility. These people know exactly what these drugs are.

More comes into play why they abuse them. Their mental health, depression, don't care, no hope in life, a list of reasons.

Now they want to give free rehab, free Narcon...and NOW free housing!!!

Sorry but taxpayers should not be forced to foot the bill for this out of OUR wallets.

Where does it end?
    ILLEGAL ALIENS HAVE "BROKEN" OUR IMMIGRATION SYSTEM

DO NOT REWARD THEM - DEPORT THEM ALL

Maybe the doctors and nurses who pushed the drugs on them should pay for it?

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Quote Originally Posted by Judy View Post
    Maybe the doctors and nurses who pushed the drugs on them should pay for it?

Maybe people should be responsible and stop opening their Pie Holes and pour pills into them...then expect taxpayers to give them everything free, free, free. They know damn well what these drugs do.

So Doctor's should not prescribe drugs to responsible patients who do need these drugs and do not abuse them?

Just like we are forced to pay for welfare, food stamps, Section 8 housing, Medicaid, TANF, WIC, free school lunch for irresponsible breeders with 8 kids by 8 different baby daddies. More free, free, free for these irresponsible people.

Having sex with 8 different baby daddies must be addictive too...because it has run rampant all over this country and we are paying for that addiction as well.

Just like we are forced to pay for disease infected breeding illegal alien leeches that are in our country illegally. Now they are going after OUR money to pay for their legal costs. We already pay for their school, lunch, ESL, welfare, food stamps, birth of their anchor rats, high cost of OUR health care, our high car insurance premiums...they are driving up the cost of housing we pay for...the list is long.

Just like now college students want free, free, free school and forgiven of their One Trillion dollars in school loan debt? NO!

Just like we are forced to pay for every refugee, asylum liar, TPS and poor person on the planet that wants to come here...and in addition to that give our money to these overbreeding 3rd world irresponsible countries with ZERO results?

Just like we are forced to "subsidize" the cheap drug prices that Canada, Mexico, Europe and the rest of the world pay because we have been sold out by our government and their donors? We have to pay more but they do not? Stick it to the US taxpayers.

What else to we add to the enormous LIST that we taxpayers should foot the bill for?

Stop throwing our money at these problems...it has solved NOTHING!
    Last edited by Beezer; 03-02-2018 at 10:23 AM.

So Doctor's should not prescribe drugs to responsible patients who do need these drugs and do not abuse them?
    How does the doctor know who needs them and who doesn't, who is responsible and who isn't, who won't abuse them and who will, and who isn't addicted and who already is? Oxycodone was invented by the Germans in 1916 as an alternative for morphine and heroin to reduce some of the serious side effects of the opioid addiction. That should tell you all you need to know.

Doctors in the United States wrote 250 million prescriptions for these drugs last year.

Anyone who wants to throw theirs away probably should, but don't flush them, wrap them up and put them in the garbage container outside. Waste water treatment facilities don't remove drugs and medications, so they end up in the natural water supplies.
    Last edited by Judy; 03-02-2018 at 11:24 AM.

How do the liquor companies know who will be an alcoholic and who won't?

How do the liquor companies know who will drive drunk and who won't?

How many drink, don't drive, and are responsible having a couple cocktails?

Do we take all the liquor away because of those who abuse it?

Do we give addicted alcoholics free rehab, free housing, free food, free stuff?

We can go round and round about this.

If Trump wants more free programs...then do like "the new regulations"...get rid of 2 regulations for every 1 they want.

Get rid of 2 FREE programs for every new one.

If Fentanyl and drugs are coming from China, Mexico, Central America...then cut off ALL foreign aid money and visa's to those countries. Put the screws to them to make it stop. Build that wall and turn every one of their illegals right back around. They cost us $133 BILLION year! Deport them all and pay for it with that.

Pay for it by cutting the One Billion out of the budget to Churches facilitating their human trafficking dumping MORE refugees on the backs of US taxpayers. Then on top of that we have to pay for their welfare and food stamps and medical care!

What about the poppies in Afghanistan? That crap ends up here too. When do we pull our troops out of there and stop the bottomless money pit?

Defund the refugee, asylum, TPS programs to fund drug rehab, Narcon and FREE housing.

We do not need to add any more FREE programs onto the backs of US taxpayers. We need to terminate THOUSANDS of failed policies that do nothing for our country or our citizens. And that includes foreign aid.

WHAT ARE THE PRIORITIES TO HELP AMERICAN'S?

BUDGET ACCORDINGLY AND CUT THE FAT, WASTE, FRAUD AND ABUSE OF OUR MONEY...NOT CREATE MORE FREE PROGRAMS.

AMERICAN'S FIRST

Just sell Oxy over the counter like liquor, cigarettes and weed where it's available. Don't dress it up like a "medicine" when it's heroin.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12