Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Pelosi Says No to Resolution Honoring Michael Jackson

Ok, so how many of you read the title in disbelief?

Susan Davis reports on Congress.

House Speaker Nancy Pelosi made it clear today that she disagrees with Texas Democratic Rep. Sheila Jackson-Lee [Member of Obama's closed door immigration team] on whether the House should vote on a resolution honoring the life and humanitarian works of pop icon Michael Jackson who died last week at the age of 50.

“Michael Jackson was a great, great performer,â€
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Michael Jackson Fans Raise Money To Defeat Peter King

In contrast

Sam Stein stein@huffingtonpost.com
    Michael Jackson Fans Raise Money To Defeat Peter King
    First Posted: 07- 6-09 04:19 PM | Updated: 07- 6-09 05:06 PM

There is, it turns out, a political price to pay when you make bold statements calling out Michael Jackson for some of the nefarious moments of his personal history.

Fans of Jackson are mobilizing to raise money for an opponent -- any opponent -- to run against Rep. Pete King, R-N.Y., following the critical remarks the congressman made about the recently deceased pop icon.

Over the weekend, King said that the media had gone far over the top in glorifying Jackson, who he deemed a "low-life" pervert who "may have been a good singer" and "did some dancing."

Now, an ActBlue fundraising site has been set up by "A fan of Michael Jackson" titled "Michael Jackson Fans AGAINST Peter King."

"Peter King ought to let Jackson rest in peace, and focus on the needs of his constituents. As we mourn the loss of an American legend, political grandstanding is not what we need right now!" the page reads. "Fans of Michael Jackson and his legacy stand united against Peter King's hateful words. Please donate here to show Peter King that true MJ fans won't stand for the smearing of a pop sensation!"

The fund is being set up to benefit the Democratic nominee for New York's third congressional district -- a reliable Republican stronghold. The problem is that at this time, there is no Democratic nominee. And King has flirted with a run for New York's governor's chair in 2010. Still, it will be interesting to see the extent to which Michael Jackson devotees can mobilize politically. Who would have thought that the King of Pop's legacy would become a partisan issue?

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2009/07/0 ... 26532.html
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Did Nancy Pelosi sober up this weekend?

ELE

This maybe the first time ever!

A red letter day, I actually agree with Nancy this time around.

Re: This maybe the first time ever!

Quote Originally Posted by ELE
    A red letter day, I actually agree with Nancy this time around.

I second that!!!!!

MW
    House Speaker Nancy Pelosi made it clear today that she disagrees with Texas Democratic Rep. Sheila Jackson-Lee [Member of Obama's closed door immigration team] on whether the House should vote on a resolution honoring the life and humanitarian works of pop icon Michael Jackson who died last week at the age of 50.
    Wow, I'm utterly shocked to find out that Pelosi does have a little fear of the voting public.

Rep. Sheila Jackson-Lee has shown her true colors once again. Sharing the same skin color is not reason enough to honor someone's life through a congressional resolution. I share Rep. King's feeling on Michael Jackson, he was a pervert. However, I think King was stupid to make such comment publicly.

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Quote Originally Posted by MW
    Wow, I'm utterly shocked to find out that Pelosi does have a little fear of the voting public.

Rep. Sheila Jackson-Lee has shown her true colors once again. Sharing the same skin color is not reason enough to honor someone's life through a congressional resolution. I share Rep. King's feeling on Michael Jackson, he was a pervert. However, I think King was stupid to make such comment publicly.
    its a shame that this stupid biotch represents the congressional district that was one served by the first black woman in congress.

BARBARA JORDAN

I'm as shocked as well. The one and only time I will probably EVER agree with Pelosi.