Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Pirates!!

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Quote Originally Posted by 93camaro
    [quote i]

I am sure with our advanced thermal imaging and x-ray cameras the navy knows exactly what is going on inside the boat. I think that they are afraid of something, much bigger than what we would ever been told though.

An international incident with our new best friend?
    "It is error alone that needs the support of government. Truth can stand by itself".
    Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by Dianer
    [quote i]

I am sure with our advanced thermal imaging and x-ray cameras the navy knows exactly what is going on inside the boat. I think that they are afraid of something, much bigger than what we would ever been told though.

An international incident with our new best friend?
    You got it! I would just LOVE to see a pic of that little raft sitting on the deck of one of our nuclear subs that rose up from underneath and the pirates surrounded!!
    Work Harder Millions on Welfare Depend on You!

The reason they're holding off is because the pirates have been doing this crap for years, and they usually keep their word when it comes to a deal. I think the pirates are looking for an escape route(how do they get away with their own lives) and the captain is the only bargaining chip they have.
    The thing that frustrates me is how these companies are willing to pay millions in ransom, but aren't willing to install a few high powered floodlights and pay 20 armed security officers to make sure these pirates can't take over. I pray the captain will be released or rescued without harm.

Our Navy has the best trained people for situations like this one. I am sure they are waiting for the best opportunity in order to save the captain's life. But after the captain is safe, IMO the pirates should be blown out of the water. We have to show them that we mean business.
    RIP Butterbean! We miss you and hope you are well in heaven.-- Your ALIPAC friends

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Quote Originally Posted by Expendable
    The reason they're holding off is because the pirates have been doing this crap for years, and they usually keep their word when it comes to a deal. I think the pirates are looking for an escape route(how do they get away with their own lives) and the captain is the only bargaining chip they have.
    The thing that frustrates me is how these companies are willing to pay millions in ransom, but aren't willing to install a few high powered floodlights and pay 20 armed security officers to make sure these pirates can't take over. I pray the captain will be released or rescued without harm.
    Doesn't international law outlaw armed guards on commercial vessels?

Quote Originally Posted by Expendable
    Doesn't international law outlaw armed guards on commercial vessels?
    You're right, I looked it up. I have no problem with following the law on this. Why not have floodlights and about 20 men trained to use water canons in the event the pirates show up. Something needs to be done...

Just wanted to thank our military for doing the job that we all know that they can do well!!! Everyone involved did a great job and now its is time to eradicate this scum from the planet!!!

April 13 (Bloomberg) -- The U.S. military is considering attacks on pirate bases on land and aid for the Somali people to help stem ship hijackings off Africa’s east coast, defense officials said.

The military also is drawing up proposals to aid the fledgling Somalia government to train security forces and develop its own coast guard, said the officials, who requested anonymity. The plans will be presented to the Obama administration as it considers a coordinated U.S. government and international response to piracy, the officials said.

The effort follows the freeing yesterday of Richard Phillips, a U.S. cargo ship captain held hostage since April 8 by Somali pirates. Security analysts said making shipping lanes safe would require disrupting the pirates’ support network on land.

“There really isn’t a silver-bullet solution other than going into Somalia and rooting out the basesâ€

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12