Politicians’ Terrorism Tactic: Closing Police Stations

Written by Gary North on January 30, 2012

1digg

A classic strategy of politicians who are facing a tax revolt is to shut down services that voters regard as crucial. The police are favorites. They become sacrificial lambs.

The politicians say that they just cannot find anything else to cut. So, they use the police as the sacrificial lambs. This pressures voters back down.

The latest big city to adopt this tactic is Detroit, It will not be the last. The city will close a number of Detroit’s police stations for 16 hours a day.

Will citizens be able to report crimes? They can leave a message on a recording machine. They can log in on the police department’s Website.

The city will lay off 100 police officers.

Criminals in Detroit will have a field day. That is basic to the the politicians’ strategy. They use the criminals as accomplices to carry out their program of terrorizing citizens. The criminals whip the voters into line.

‘I was a police officer in Detroit for 35 years and I can tell you they have wasted money for 35 years,” John Barr, a representative for the Police Officers Association of Michigan, said in a telephone interview.

‘It’s pathetic, just pathetic.’

The city is running a large deficit. It could run out of money in 90 days. That’s what the city’s politicians say.

If it really is true, let them close the city’s schools. All of them. Then I’ll believe that they are serious.

No more welfare payments. No more salaries for 90% of the secretaries. No salaries for city officials. No more trash collection. No more street sweeping.

The police should be cut last. But politicians know how to terrorize the voters. They fire police first.

Politicians’ Terrorism Tactic: Closing Police Stations

Cutting should be simple fire the politicians