Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Banned

President Bush Predicts the Future: July 12, 2007

President Bush Predicts the Future: July 12, 2007

Rodney Lee ConoverSeptember 30, 2014

George W. Bush has been out of office for a while now and history is a funny thing, in that we can look back and see if people could predict the future – were they solid leaders? Can you fathom what people – even on the lunatic left – will be writing about the years 2008 – 2016?

Of course they’ll still be blaming Bush and The Tea Party, but Barack Obama will not be able to elude history any more than any feckless, left-wing incompetent.
    The latest is that President Obama doesn’t show up to most intelligence briefings, then goes on “60 Minutes” and blames the intelligence community for the abject disaster of his Middle East strategy.

I don’t know about you, but if I were the President I wouldn’t be throwing James Clapper under the bus.

This Clapper guy has connections and probably most of your conversations on a hard drive most likely at arm’s length.

By the way, can we finally admit we’ve elected someone based solely on the color of their skin? I speak of course, of John Boehner: The first Orange Speaker of the House. We also have the first Black President, even though Bill Clinton was the first black President.
    I never got what that meant, but I love the State of the Union speeches now because you have the first Black President and just behind him are what looks like that dummy from Jeff Dunham’s act and on the other side perhaps the father of a cast member from “Jersey Shore.” Orange is the new black, I hear.

Anywhoozer, I wanted to take a quick look back at 2007, just before Black Jesus came into office to heal the nation and bring ‘hope & change’ into my life. If you’re like me, you hate the word, ‘hope.’ It reminds me of a little girl who ‘hopes’ the tooth fairy shows up and leaves her a dime.

You don’t ‘hope’ things get better. You don’t wish for ‘change’. You go out and get things done, you bungling wannabe.
    So enough chit-chat, what was George W. Bush saying back in 2007, you ask?

Here you go: Hat tip: AIDD

President Bush Press Conference On Iraq, July 12, 2007 (excerpts)
    THE PRESIDENT: As President, my most solemn responsibility is to keep the American people safe. So on my orders, good men and women are now fighting the terrorists on the front lines in Iraq. I’ve given our troops in Iraq clear objectives. And as they risk their lives to achieve these objectives, they need to know they have the unwavering support from the Commander-in-Chief, and they do. And they need the enemy to know that America is not going to back down.

I don’t know anyone who doesn’t want to see the day when our brave servicemen and women can start coming home. If we increase our support at this crucial moment we can hasten the day our troops begin coming home. The real debate over Iraq is between those who think the fight is lost or not worth the cost, and those that believe the fight can be won and that, as difficult as the fight is, the cost of defeat would be far higher.
    When we start drawing down our forces in Iraq it will be because our military commanders say the conditions on the ground are right, not because pollsters say it will be good politics.

I know some in Washington would like us to start leaving Iraq now. To begin withdrawing before our commanders tell us we are ready would be dangerous for Iraq, for the region, and for the United States. It would mean surrendering the future of Iraq to al Qaeda. It would mean that we’d be risking mass killings on a horrific scale. It would mean we’d allow the terrorists to establish a safe haven in Iraq to replace the one they lost in Afghanistan. It would mean increasing the probability that American troops would have to return at some later date to confront an enemy that is even more dangerous…
    Heard enough? No you haven’t:

President Obama on “60 Minutes”:
    “Essentially what happened with ISIL was that you had al-Qaeda in Iraq, which was a vicious group, but our Marines were able to quash with the help of Sunni tribes. They went back underground. But over the past couple of years, during the chaos of the Syrian civil war, where essentially you have huge swaths of the country that are completely ungoverned, they were able to reconstitute themselves and take advantage of that chaos,” he said. “And so this became ground zero for jihadists around the world.”

Kind of sounds like he’s saying G.W. Bush was right all along? Isn’t this what he was warning about back in 2007? Didn’t we have an entire 2008 presidential campaign debating this?

Meanwhile, CUT TO: The current State of the Nation’s leader:

Hat Tip Breitbart:
    A new Government Accountability Institute (GAI) report reveals that President Barack Obama has attended only 42.1% of his daily intelligence briefings (known officially as the Presidential Daily Brief, or PDB) in the 2,079 days of his presidency through September 29, 2014.

The GAI report also included a breakdown of Obama’s PDB attendance record between terms; he attended 42.4% of his PDBs in his first term and 41.3% in his second.

The GAI’s alarming findings come on the heels of Obama’s 60 Minutes comments on Sunday, wherein the president laid the blame for the Islamic State’s (ISIS) rapid rise squarely at the feet of his Director of National Intelligence James Clapper.
    “I think our head of the intelligence community, Jim Clapper, has acknowledged that I think they underestimated what had been taking place in Syria,” said Obama.

According to Daily Beast reporter Eli Lake, members of the Defense establishment were “flabbergasted” by Obama’s attempt to shift blame.
    “Either the president doesn’t read the intelligence he’s getting or he’s bullshitting,” a former senior Pentagon official “who worked closely on the threat posed by Sunni jihadists in Syria and Iraq” told the Daily Beast.

On Monday, others in the intelligence community similarly blasted Obama and said he’s shown longstanding disinterest in receiving live, in-person PDBs that allow the Commander-in-Chief the chance for critical followup, feedback, questions, and the challenging of flawed intelligence assumptions.

“It’s pretty well-known that the president hasn’t taken in-person intelligence briefings with any regularity since the early days of 2009,” an Obama national security staffer told the Daily Mail on Monday. “He gets them in writing.”

The Obama security staffer said the president’s PDBs have contained detailed threat warnings about the Islamic State dating back to before the 2012 presidential election.
    I say that the Obama Administration is like having food poisoning. It’s too late to throw up, so we just have to wait until the poison makes it’s way through our system and into the toilet.
    What will history write?

-30-
    by Rodney Lee Conover
    Friend him on Facebookno one refused
    www.facebook.com/rodneyleeconover

email : kowenhoven@gmail.com
    Sugar? No thanks, I’m sweet enough..

follow Rodney Lee on Twitter @RCCA08
    by the way, Twitter is #prettystupid

Remember: They have all your old private phone calls, texts and emails, too – all stored and ready to roll out when needed. Think I’m paranoid? Five years ago I would have though so too.
    How long before there’s a 1-800 number to call when you’ve spoken to a “racist” or an “anti-government” or “Tea Party” sympathizer on the phone you want to report?

Read more at http://joeforamerica.com/2014/09/pre...-july-12-2007/

I say that all the past as many administrations up to and including this one is on the same train!!!!

Last edited by kathyet2; 09-30-2014 at 01:33 PM.