Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Quote Originally Posted by snakeoil

He didn't say that! And he isn't just a "very good Marine" he is an example of what a real man is: A real man stands up and fights, a real man honors his commitments (Iraq and VietNam), and a real man stands by his country, right or wrong. That's what real men do. I'm married to one, so I know the truth.
    I'll give you two out of three but I have a problem with the right or wrong bit. As for Nam and Iraq I honor those who served but hate the politicians who caused our forces to ever be there. Give my respect to your husband.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by MW
    Ratbstard wrote:

The wars in Iraq and Viet Nam were definitely not in Americas interests.
    If you really want a meaningful discussion on the issue, perhaps you should provide an argument with your opinion.
    Gulg of Tonkin, False Flag Op.. We were lied into war. Iraq, DITTO!

Now could you tell me what was/has been gained.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by MountainDog
    I'm not sure I follow you. All I know is what I saw and heard as a Marine in Nam during the early 70's.
    I'm not here to argue with you but money has nothing to do with backing people and then leaving them to die because people like fonda run to the enemy posing for pic's and causing American POW's to suffer. This is what I believe this Marine is talking about. Right, wrong or indifferent we were in Nam, right wrong or indifferent we are in Iraq and people lives are on the line, you can't play games like that without some thought as to your actions.
    This Marine is talking about people who sit in their ivory towers with no real thought or concideration for the suffering and death caused by their actions and words. Once committed to a cause you have to see it through.
    We had Americans in Nam back in 1950 because the Russians and Chinese were in the north, there was a lot more going on than people know.
    I suppose the VC were treating our POW's well until Fondas display of shear stupidity. Nam was a Civil War and those people were going to do what they did no matter what. I never believed in 'The Domino Theory' propaganda of the Cold War.

As for Iraq the Shiite, Sunni , Kurd thing has been going on for lifetimes and isn't going to stop when we leave. I believe that about the entire Middle East. They are still in the Middle Ages.

Sadly there are people in Ivory Towers who cause wars and never actually fight them. There are also people in Ivory Towers who argue against the first groups actions.

As for commitment I believe in fighting for what's right but when it's proved to be wrong it's time to GO!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12