Page 283 of 740 FirstFirst ... 183233273279280281282283284285286287293333383 ... LastLast
Results 2,821 to 2,830 of 7393
Like Tree19Likes

Thread: Ron Paul on the Issues

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 3 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 3 guests)

South West Florida (Behind friendly lines but still in Occupied Territory)
    Why Liberals (and everyone else) Should Support Ron Paul

Submitted by joeneesima on Sun, 04/15/2012 - 14:30
    Current Events

Hopefully advice that is not too late for liberals...

Excerpt:
    Really, in all honesty, there is only one candidate that actually has a consistent and clear record of opposing the dangerous and unconstitutional attacks on human rights and liberties perpetrated by the Bush and Obama administrations over the last decade.

Ron Paul may face diminished chances to unseat the Republican frontrunner, but citizens can send a clear message that enough is enough with the burgeoning national security state by participating a popularity surge in favor of Ron Paul.

Doing so is crucial if we are to arrest and reverse the American security state’s embrace of tyranny and rejection of the Constitution. And that’s why liberals (and everyone else) should get behind Ron Paul.

Why Liberals (and everyone else) Should Support Ron Paul*|*The Moral Liberal <---- LINK

Why Liberals (and everyone else) Should Support Ron Paul | Peace . Gold . Liberty | Ron Paul 2012
    Last edited by AirborneSapper7; 04-15-2012 at 04:29 PM.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

BREAKING! Voters Registered Anywhere in Texas Can Vote in Current County of Residence! Rule 25a. Clarified!

Submitted by RobHino on Fri, 04/13/2012 - 17:00
    Ron Paul 2012
    Texas

ANY REGISTERED VOTER IN TEXAS CAN PARTICIPATE TOMORROW IN THE PRECINCT AND SENATORIAL DISTRICT CONVENTIONS! This news just came out! Here's my email exchange with the lawyer for the Republican Party of Texas! Bring all registered Ron Paul supporters!

Please read the following email exchange between me, Steve Munisteri, Republican Party of Texas Chairman, and the Assistant General Counsel for the Republican Party of Texas, Mr. Jesse Opiela.
    IF YOU ARE CURRENTLY REGISTERED & ELIGIBLE TO VOTE IN ANY COUNTY IN TEXAS, YOU CAN PARTICIPATE AT THE BEXAR COUNTY PRECINCT AND SENATORIAL CONVENTIONS ON SATURDAY, APRIL 14TH!! (Or in your county!)

This is HUGE for college towns. All you have to do is prove that you're registered in another county and establish residency in Bexar Co by filling out a voter registration card on the spot tomorrow. You can prove that you're registered at this link: https://team1.sos.state.tx.us/voterws/viw/faces/Introduction...
    Sent: Friday, April 13, 2012 1:20 AM
    To: Steve Munisteri
    Subject: RPT Rule 25a. Clarification Needed, Bexar Co

Hello Mr. Munisteri,
    I was hoping you could clarify a rule for me, as I am trying to help a some friends participate in the up-coming precinct and senatorial conventions in Bexar County. I was told through the grape vine that you'd give a fair assessment of the issue at hand!
    It's my understanding that according to this court ruling (http://www.sos.state.tx.us/elections/forms/court-order-02281...), several sections of the T.E.C. were suspended due to the redistricting issues, and the SREC was tasked with developing rules to govern the conventions on April 14th in Bexar County. The SREC has since developed these rules and published them here: http://s3.amazonaws.com/texasgop_pre/assets/original/2011RPT...
    Rule 25a. states the following in brevity:
    Rule No. 25 - Qualifications for Participation, Persons Admitted and Who May Address
    a. Qualifications for Participation – The only qualification for participation in a Convention shall be that a registered voter in the territory covered by the Convention, OR A RESIDENT of that territory who is eligible to vote a limited ballot, shall have established Party affiliation.
    According to T.E.C. Chapter 112, (Sec. 112.002) a person is eligible to vote a limited ballot if:
    Sec. 112.002. ELIGIBILITY
    (a) After changing residence to another county, a person is eligible to vote a limited ballot by personal appearance during the early voting period or by mail if:
    (1) the person would have been eligible to vote in the county of former residence on election day if still residing in that county;
    (2) the person is registered to vote in the county of former residence at the time the person:
    (A) offers to vote in the county of new residence; or
    (B) submitted a voter registration application in the county of new residence; and
    (3) a voter registration for the person in the county of new residence is not effective on or before election day.

Source: http://www.statutes.legis.state.tx.us/Docs/EL/htm/EL.112.htm...
    So my questions is, if my friends are currently registered and eligible to vote in another county in Texas but now are residents in Bexar County, what documents do they have to bring with them to the Bexar County Precinct Conventions on April 14th in order to be credentialed and allowed to participate in the delegate selection process?
    I understand they may have to complete an Applications for Limited Ballot , but couldn't they fill that out at the polls on May 29th also here in Bexar County?
    I know this is last minute, but I'm hoping your clarification will help things run a little more smoothly on Saturday. Can you please shed some light on this?
    Thank you for your time and consideration.
    Sincerely,
    Rob H

On Apr 13, 2012, at 11:02 AM, Steve Munisteri wrote:
    Rob - This is VERY last minute on a very busy day getting ready for conventions around the state;However, I have passed along your inquiry to our legal counsel to see if he or staff has time to address your question as I am shortly leaving for Houston - Steve
    On Fri, Apr 13, 2012 at 11:47 AM, Eric Opiela wrote:
    The process for determining eligibility to vote a limited ballot is simple. To be eligible to vote a limited ballot in a jurisdiction, a person must currently be a registered voter in another county in Texas. The person seeking to qualify as a delegate at your convention must present a voter registration card showing they are registered to vote in a county other than yours. The person must also have established residency in your jurisdiction. A good way to show that is by registering to vote in your jurisdiction. I recommend the person be required to fill out a voter registration card on the spot before qualifying him or show proof that he has registered already (e.g. deputy voter registrar's receipt given when registering in person at your county elections office). You may also check the voter roll for his name with a future effective date of registration. Those two steps would qualify a person to vote a limited ballot in your county and therefore make him eligible to participate in your convention. They need not fill out the Application for limited ballot, so long as they have actually filled out a voter registration application in your county at the time you credential them.
    Eric Opiela
    Asst. General Counsel
    Republican Party of Texas

On Fri, Apr 13, 2012 at 12:16 PM, Rob H wrote:
    Mr. Opiela,
    Thanks so much for your response!
    What if the person seeking to qualify as a delegate at the precinct convention does NOT have their voter registration card, BUT their registration status in another Texas county could be verified onsite using this link: https://team1.sos.state.tx.us/voterws/viw/faces/SearchSelect... I just don't know where we'd be able to find the person's VUID number since that link only proves they are registered, but does not provide their VUID number. Thoughts?
    Additionally, I know Bexar Co. hasn't finalized 2012 precincts so we're using 2010 precincts. Voter registration cards are not even available yet in Bexar Co. I'm sure this may be true in other counties too making it impossible to comply for any new voters or voters who lost their registration card.
    Thanks again for your quick response! You've been of great help!
    Regards,
    Rob H
    On Fri, Apr 13, 2012 at 3:04 PM, Eric Opiela wrote:
    I would not use the SOS system as a definitive proof of registration status (or more particularly, the lack thereof). The TEAM system, due to redistricting, is not up to date for many counties. Some are as much as 4-5 months behind, especially large urban counties. Therefore, if someone does not show up in TEAM, they may still be registered to vote in their prior county of residence. That is why I recommended requiring persons desiring to participate as a limited ballot resident to present a voter registration card from their prior county of residence. A printout from their prior county's system would suffice as well. You also might be able to go to the prior county's website and look them up. In Texas voter registrars are at the county level, so the definitive record lies with them, not the Secretary of State.
    Eric
    On Apr 13, 2012, at 3:57 PM, Rob H
    Mr. Opiela,
    I'm glad you're on top of this as it seems to be pretty technical legal jargon that keeps begging other questions! I'm very appreciative of your attempts to clarify, but I wish I was more astute with the election code and the governing rules. Good point on the SOS system being not up-to-date for someone who IS registered. I guess I just can't comprehend how a new voter who has NEVER received a voter's registration card or a voter who LOST their voter's registration card could produce a voter's registration card as proof he's registered. That task seems virtually impossible to do! The statue seems to only require that the person is "eligible" but does not stipulate approved methods for proving "eligibility." I'm not sure on the feasibility of getting access to the county's records online or via phone on a Saturday, but when I attempted to do this for Bexar County, their website just links to the SOS site to check if you're registered: Registration
    I would recommend a seemingly reasonable, simple, and flexible solution that should keep all parties happy, that is, by whatever means available, the Bexar Co Resident wishing to participate should provide ANY documentation to the Credentials Committee during check-in that shows they are registered to vote ANYWHERE in Texas. This could be a voter's registration card, an online SOS search, a call to the former county, a printout from the county's system (will all Texas counties be open on Saturday at 7:00am?!), or any other way to prove to the Temporary Committee that the person is currently registered in Texas and hence eligible to vote a limited ballot and therefore eligible to participate in the conventions. Once proved that the Bexar Co Resident is registered in Texas, AND has established residency in Bexar County by filling out a voter registration card on the spot, the Bexar Co Resident should be allowed to participate in the precinct, senatorial, and state conventions provided they get elected as a delegate and obviously provided that they sign their oath of affiliation.
    Please confirm.
    Thanks,
    Rob Hinojosa
    On Fri, Apr 13, 2012 at 4:25 PM, Eric Opiela wrote:
    I agree. If they can provide proof, in whatever form, AND they register to vote in your county, they should be allowed to participate. If they cannot provide the necessary proof, even if this is due to the voter registrar's office being closed, they should not be allowed to participate. The credentials committee at the state convention will be the ultimate arbiter, but in my opinion, you should make every effort to try to qualify a person, if possible, but not qualify someone who cannot provide any documentation. This is the same standard used by election judges at polling places prior to the provisional ballot procedure implemented in HAVA. If a person has registered prior to the last 30 days they should have received a voter registration card by now, as noted before, new voters (less than 30 days) are not entitled to participate. If they lost their card, they can obtain certification now, while the offices are still open, to participate tomorrow. I don't anticipate this being a large problem tomorrow or next weekend.
    Eric
    So there you have it folks! Straight from the top! ALL RON PAUL SUPPORTERS WHO ARE REGISTERED VOTERS IN OTHER TEXAS COUNTIES CAN PARTICIPATE TOMORROW IN BEXAR COUNTY after prove they are registered and fill out a voter's registration card!
    For Liberty,
    Rob

BREAKING! Voters Registered Anywhere in Texas Can Vote in Current County of Residence! Rule 25a. Clarified! | Peace . Gold . Liberty | Ron Paul 2012
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

The Road to Tampa: Ron Paul’s “Stunning Upset” in Colorado

Reports the Denver Post:

Colorado Republicans are heading to their national convention with their most conservative delegation in years, as supporters for Ron Paul and Rick Santorum masterminded a stunning upset in electing delegates.

At the state convention in Denver today, Paul forces easily were the most vocal, adding their candidate’s name at almost every opportunity. When Republicans sang “Hey, hey, hey, good-bye” to President Barack Obama, Paul backers changed the words to “Hey, hey, hey, Ron Paul.”

The momentum was painful for Mitt Romney supporters, who had assumed when Santorum dropped out of the presidential race this week they’d have a much easier time in winning Colorado’s delegate and alternate seats to the Republican National Convention in Tampa in August…

“This is a revolution,” said Florence Sebern of Denver, an “unpledged” delegate who was wearing a Paul pin. She was part of the slate…

Matt Holdridge, the state director for Paul, read an e-mail from the candidate that began with “Wow!” in reference to the slate of supporters elected Friday…

The Road to Tampa: Ron Paul's "Stunning Upset" in Colorado*|*Ron Paul 2012 Presidential Campaign CommitteeRon Paul 2012 Presidential Campaign Committee

SCHEDULE: Ron Paul to Visit Rhode Island, New York and Pennsylvania

Holds fundraisers, media availabilities, and town hall meetings at the Universities of Rhode Island and Cornell – Ithaca and in Pittsburgh

LAKE JACKSON, Texas
    – 2012 Republican Presidential candidate Ron Paul will campaign in Rhode Island, New York, and Pennsylvania by holding fundraisers, media availabilities, and large town hall meetings ahead of the three states’ nominating contests.

Ron Paul’s town hall meetings in Rhode Island, New York, and Pennsylvania are being organized by ‘Youth for Ron Paul’ (YFP). YFP, an initiative of the Ron Paul 2012 Presidential campaign, launched in September 2011, and since its inception, students nationwide have organized 607 chapters and recruited more than 76,000 people. To learn more about ‘Youth for Ron Paul,’ including how to sign-up and establish a local chapter, visit the YFP website by clicking here.

“Supporters in Rhode Island, New York, and Pennsylvania are working tirelessly to organize these upcoming events so Ron Paul can speak directly to students and the broader community about his ‘Plan to Restore America,’ an economic blueprint that includes cutting $1 trillion in his first year in office, balancing the budget within three years, and eliminating five unconstitutional federal departments,” said Edward King, National Youth Director for the Ron Paul 2012 Presidential Campaign.

“Ron Paul is the only authentic conservative running for the Republican nomination and the only candidate who will solve our debt crisis, a liability future generations will inherit. That’s why he attracts so many young people, and that’s why Dr. Paul is the best candidate to defeat President Obama in November,” added Mr. King.

An open press opportunity will follow each of Ron Paul’s town hall meetings. Members of the local and major print, broadcast, and online media with particular needs such as the desire to arrange a candidate interview should contact Assistant Press Secretary Arick Stall at aricks@ronpaul2012.com. Please, no exceptions.

Ron Paul’s fundraisers are closed to all media.

Details of the events are as follows. All times Eastern.

Wednesday, April 18, 2012
    7:00 p.m.
    University of Rhode Island – Keaney Gymnasium
    Tootell Road
    South Kingstown, RI 02881

For a map of the location, click here. To RSVP for the event, click here.

Thursday, April 19, 2012
    Cornell University – Lynah Rink
    Campus Road
    Ithaca, NY 14853

Friday, April 20, 2012
    Soldiers and Sailors Memorial Hall – Auditorium
    4141 Fifth Avenue
    Pittsburgh, PA 15213

SCHEDULE: Ron Paul to Visit Rhode Island, New York and Pennsylvania*|*Ron Paul 2012 Presidential Campaign CommitteeRon Paul 2012 Presidential Campaign Committee

Americans Agree with Ron Paul on Military Spending

Reports the Houston Chronicle:

Thirty-six percent of Americans think this country is spending too much money on the military and national security, according to a new survey from Rasmussen Reports. In comparison, only 27 percent think the country doesn’t spend enough on the military, and another 27 percent think the country is spending the right amount on the military

When asked if the U.S. should always spend at least three times as much on defense than any other nation to ensure its safety, 47 percent answered no.

Doesn’t it sound kind of familiar?

Doesn’t it kind of sound like Ron Paul?

When confronted by Anderson Cooper in the CNN debate in Las Vegas about his proposed cut of 15 percent to the Defense Department without hurting national security, Paul said:

“I don’t want to cut any defense. And you have to get it straight: there’s a lot of money spent in our military budget that doesn’t do any good for our defense.”

“To cut military spending is a wise thing to do,” Paul continued. “We would be safer if we weren’t in so many places. We have an empire, we can’t afford it. Empires always bring great nations down…”

Americans Agree with Ron Paul on Military Spending*|*Ron Paul 2012 Presidential Campaign CommitteeRon Paul 2012 Presidential Campaign Committee

Ron Paul Moneybomb: The Revolution Will Not Be Televised

If there’s one thing I’ve been ticked off about in the last few weeks it’s the the lack of media coverage of the massive crowds Ron Paul continues to draw each stop he makes. I’m sorry, but even for reporters who’ve written Paul off–this is a story. Why does Ron Paul continue to attract such a vast audience? Why are his audiences so enthusiastic? What’s his secret? A few local news affiliates have asked these questions. The national media has ignored the entire phenomenon.

And make no mistake, it is phenomenal. What we’re witnessing with Ron Paul and his movement is an ideological and generational shift from the politics of old to a true message of liberty, prosperity and the promise of a better future. The other candidates in this race represent a broken status quo that many are still willing to endure, while Paul represents a new electorate that rejects that system wholesale. What Ron Paul is doing right now will continue to bear fruit for years to come, gauged not only by the various Ron Paul Republicans running for House and Senate seats (this year’s crop alone is shaping up nicely) but in Americans’ attitudes about government in general. Paul’s ideas have already shaped this race, something even his critics will admit.

The GOP establishment represents the past. We represent the future. Mitt Romney is running a campaign. Ron Paul is spearheading a revolution.

Coming off of victories yesterday in Colorado and Minnesota, the April 15th money bomb will give us the resources to take the revolution all the way to Tampa where our voices will not be ignored. The following grassroots video expresses well much of what I’ve said here. Dr. Paul really does have the best supporters in the world:

This is only the beginning.

Ron Paul Moneybomb: The Revolution Will Not Be Televised*|*Ron Paul 2012 Presidential Campaign CommitteeRon Paul 2012 Presidential Campaign Committee

Ron Paul Only Candidate Able to Defeat Obama in New Poll

Edges out Obama while Romney, suffering from Obama’s enthusiasm gap, at best ties Obama

LAKE JACKSON, Texas – 2012 Republican Presidential candidate Ron Paul again polls better against President Barack Obama in a head-to-head matchup than establishment-choice moderate Mitt Romney, according to a poll released today from Rasmussen.

The poll notes that in a general election matchup, the 12-term Congressman from Texas edges out Obama by 1 percentage point, 44 to 43 percent. The survey also notes that in a hypothetical 2012 head-to-head, Obama and Romney are tied at 45 percent, which bodes poorly for Republicans being urged to believe the race is over, only to later experience buyer’s remorse.

The poll also finds that this far into Obama’s first term, 40 percent of voters respond that they “strongly disapprove” and 27 percent “strongly approve” of his performance. With a Presidential Approval Index of -13 points, it is noteworthy that some Republicans are seemingly settling on a candidate no more popular than the President, suggesting an establishment liberal Democrat is no more popular than a establishment liberal Republican. The Rasmussen poll may be prescient in showing a general election scenario of confusion among voters over which candidate has the least liberal record.

“Now that other candidates presenting themselves as the ‘conservative’ alternative to Mitt Romney have stepped aside, the numbers are clear. Ron Paul is the only conservative able to garner the enthusiasm, resources, and votes required to win in November. Voters perceive the contrast, and are ready to elect the candidate who will end the status quo and Restore America Now,” said Ron Paul 2012 National Campaign Chairman Jesse Benton.

Rasmussen’s daily tracking results are collected from 1,500 Likely Voters and have a +/- 3 percentage point error margin. To view the poll release online, click here.

Ron Paul Only Candidate Able to Defeat Obama in New Poll*|*Ron Paul 2012 Presidential Campaign CommitteeRon Paul 2012 Presidential Campaign Committee

Romney: My Only Connection To The Republican Party Is That I'm Registered Republican

Does the Term RINO mean anything to the GOP anymore

$383,295.61

Money Bomb on April 15! “IN IT TO WIN IT”

DONATE at RonPaul2012.com (official)