Page 431 of 740 FirstFirst ... 331381421427428429430431432433434435441481531 ... LastLast
Results 4,301 to 4,310 of 7393
Like Tree19Likes

Thread: Ron Paul on the Issues

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 3 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 3 guests)

South West Florida (Behind friendly lines but still in Occupied Territory)
    Awesome Article: Ron Paulbarians are at GOP's gate

Submitted by legalizeliberty on Fri, 05/11/2012 - 13:55
    Ron Paul 2012

Nevada

The Nevada Republican Party convention this month was pretty much like every other GOP convention: Floor arguments over obscure Robert's Rules of Order, bylaws and credentials. Lots of proverbial sound and fury signifying nothing. Only this year, on steroids.

The convention was fairly evenly split between Mitt Romney supporters and party loyalists vs. Ron Paul supporters and many Tea Party activists — with the insurgents enjoying a sufficient majority not only to elect 22 out of 25 of their own to go to the GOP national convention in Tampa, but to oust the party's sitting National Committeeman and Committeewoman, as well.

The rabble's success has many establishment Republicans gnashing their teeth, with one sour grapes GOP blogger referring to the Paul supporters as a bunch of “liars, cheats and thieves.”

But the reality is, the Paul folks played by the rules and more of them attended the convention than the other team. As the saying goes, the world belongs to those who show up.

Continue: Ron Paulbarians are at GOP's gate | NevadaAppeal.com

Awesome Article: Ron Paulbarians are at GOP's gate | Peace . Gold . Liberty | Ron Paul 2012

Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Lady Godiva Endorses Ron Paul. Will Ride Again!

Submitted by John P. Slevin on Fri, 05/11/2012 - 12:09
    Events

California

Friday, May 18th, 2012 9:00am-10:00am PST

Legendary Tax Protestor Lady Godiva will lead sign waving, cheering Ron Paul supporters in a march in Sacramento, California at the State Capitol.

Said Godiva: “I rode once before to stop an oppressive tax and it’s time to mount up again! Things are in the biggest mess I’ve ever seen and the ONLY presidential candidate who is doing anything about it is Ron Paul. I am proud to give him my support.”

Speakers include:

Lady Godiva who will sing the great George Harrison song Taxman

Perry Auch leading Ron Paul supporters in California Congressional District 7

And, LT Bobby Ross Vietnam Veteran and co-writer of the song Say Hi To Dad For Me

Ross will speak on behalf of Veterans and present a flag to Ron Paul.

Godiva will receive the flag on behalf of Ron Paul.

WinLiberty is covering this event and Mainstream Media is expected.

This Rally is expected to be major. Details will be added here as necessary.

All Ron Paul supporters in Northern California (and beyond) are urged to attend.

May 21st is the deadline to Register Republican and Vote for Ron Paul!

Media Contact: John P. Slevin Organizer/People United for Ron Paul
    916-290-8618
    winliberty@gmail.com

Lady Godiva Endorses Ron Paul. Will Ride Again! | Peace . Gold . Liberty | Ron Paul 2012

The Chessboard That Will Be The Republican National Convention: "Pawn" Delegates Vs. "Power" Delegates

Submitted by ZMAN70 on Fri, 05/11/2012 - 16:58
    Daily Paul Liberty Forum

The poster Neverquit brought up a certain point on another thread....and its a valid point. I believe the Paul campaign will address this particular point during the National Convention... the RP campaign will be treating the RNC like a chessboard....and its delegates...like chess pieces. Wondering if anyone else has an opinion on this "Chess" strategy........

Here is the point Neverquit brought up.......

""""""The delegates for Ron Paul are attempting to take over GOP positions in an attempt to reshape the GOP back to it's conservative and constitutional roots, if they only vote their concious without understanding the consequences that could be stowed upon them, they could lose the positions in power they have recently achieved, making all of their work for naught."""""""

Now, States could have penalties for abstaining or voting for someone else other than the "official winner" if the delegate is "bound". For example...

I live in NJ. NJ delegates are bound. Let's say I go to the convention and I abstain or vote for Paul instead of Romney...assuming Romney wins the NJ Primary.

My delegate vote has to count. I can't be removed from the convention floor. However, the N.J. GOP could punish me with "Censure". The "Censure" would be that I would be "kicked out" of the NJ GOP....not sure if I would be kept out for years...or permanently. I'm pretty sure this is the penalty that NJ enforces.....I'm sure other states are different.

Neverquit has a valid point. Let's say that I have joined the GOP on the local level....and that I have been attending meetings...events...etc....with the hope of taking the power back on a local or state level. Let's say I've been doing this for two years. If I abstain or vote for Paul on the 1st ballot....I won't have any problems at the convention.....but my plans for a long-term takeover on a local GOP level....would be ruined.....because I will be "censured" by the STATE GOP.

This is why the convention will be kind of like a chess match....and that communication with the delegates before and while the National Convention is taking place.... will be the key.

The Campaign will have to use their delegates like chess pieces. There will be "pawn" delegates....and "power" delegates. The "pawn" delegates will be the "expendable" delegates....meaning these will be the delegates who are just delegates and are NOT involved in the GOP on a local level trying to take over the GOP LONG-TERM. These "pawn" delegates will be the ones who will be used to abstain or vote for Paul on the first ballot.

The "power" delegates....those are delegates that you want to protect. These delegates are and have been for a while...involved in their local GOP...and have long-term goals. These delegates will NOT abstain or vote for Paul on the first ballot....the Paul campaign will not want to lose the long-term power of the delegates. The "power" delegates will stay bound...voting for the winner of their primary...on the 1st...or second...or third ballots....until they are "freed" from their obligation. "Power" delegates should only be "sacrificed" (abstaining or voting for Paul on 1st ballot).....if we are desperate...and don't have enough "pawn" delegates to keep Romney from hitting the magic number.(1,144 delegates)

This is how I believe it should and will play out on the Convention floor in Tampa.

The Chessboard That Will Be The Republican National Convention: "Pawn" Delegates Vs. "Power" Delegates | Peace . Gold . Liberty | Ron Paul 2012

Take Notice: Schedule For Conventions, Primaries, And State Meetings By Chronological Date.

Submitted by Paul Or We Fall 2012 on Fri, 05/11/2012 - 17:25
    Events

I thought this would be useful to everyone here at dailypaul.com

Unknown* West Virginia State Convention (10 Delegates)
    5/12 Oklahoma State Convention (43 Delegates)
    5/12 Arizona State Convention (29 Delegates)
    5/15 Nebraska PRIMARY (35 Delegates)
    5/15 Oregon PRIMARY (28 Delegates)
    5/18 Georgia State Convention (76 Delegates)
    5/18 Michigan State Convention (30 Delegates)
    5/18-5/19 Minnesota State Convention (13 At-large Delegates)
    5/19 S. Carolina State Convention (25 Delegates)
    5/19 Vermont State Convention (17 Delegates)
    5/22 Kentucky PRIMARY (45 Delegates)
    5/22 Arkansas PRIMARY (36 Delegates)
    5/23-5/24 New York State Convention (95 Delegates)
    5/29 Texas PRIMARY (155 Delegates)
    5/31-6/2 Washington State Convention (43 Delegates)

6/2 Missouri State Convention (52 Delegates)
    6/2 Florida State Convention (50 Delegates)
    6/2 Louisiana State Convention (46 Delegates)
    6/2 Mississippi State Convention (40 Delegates)
    6/3 N. Carolina State Convention (55 Delegates)
    6/5 California PRIMARY (172 Delegates)
    6/5 South Dakota PRIMARY (28 Delegates)
    6/5 Montana PRIMARY (26 Delegates)
    6/5 New Mexico PRIMARY (23 Delegates)
    6/7-6/9 Texas State Convention (155 Delegates OFFICIALLY determined)
    6/8-6/9 Illinois State Convention (69 Delegates)
    6/8-6/9 Indiana State Convention (46 Delegates)
    6/10 Pennsylvania State Convention (78 Delegates)
    6/15 Massachusetts State Meeting (22 Delegates)
    6/15 Iowa State Convention (12 Delegates)
    6/16 Virginia State Convention (49 Delegates)
    6/21-6/24 Idaho State Convention (32 Delegates)
    6/26 Utah Primary (40 Delegates)

Source: The Real 2012 Delegate Count for the Republican Primaries & Caucuses

*Source states there are undetermined delegates for the West Virginia State Convention, but no date is given. Mitt Romney has won 21 of the 31 state delegates.

Note: Dates for state conventions of states that have yet to hold a primary are not listed by the source.

Take Notice: Schedule For Conventions, Primaries, And State Meetings By Chronological Date. (Please Vote Up So Others Can See) | Peace . Gold . Liberty | Ron Paul 2012

OBAMA OPERATIVES WILL COMMIT ‘REICHSTAG’ EVENT TO TRIGGER MARTIAL LAW, DHS WHISTLEBLOWER REVEALS

Posted by TCA STAFF On May - 10 - 2012

OBAMA ADMINISTRATION TO STAGE ‘REICHSTAG’ EVENT AS TRIGGER FOR MARTIAL LAW, DHS SOURCE WARNS

• ‘Reichstag’ event could involve false assassination attempt blamed on “white supremacists”
    • Incited racial riots would lead to calls for government “crackdown”
    • Civil unrest would lead to martial law, DHS travel checkpoints, indefinite delay of elections

Washington, DC – The Obama agents, through the DHS and other assorted colluders, are plotting a major ‘Reichstag’ event to generate racial riots and produce the justification for martial law, delaying the November 2012 elections, possibly indefinitely, a DHS whistleblower informed the Canada Free Press on Tuesday.

The ‘Reichstag Event’ would take the form of a staged assassination attempt against Barack Obama, “carefully choreographed” and manufactured by Obama operatives. It would subsequently be blamed on “white supremacists” and used to enrage the black community to rioting and looting, the DHS source warned.

The Obama administration would then use the violence and chaos they created as justification for the imposition of martial law in major urban cities in America, the creation of DHS checkpoints, restriction of travel, and the indefinite delay of the November 2012 elections.

The Reichstag event refers to a fire started during Hitler’s rise to power. The fire allowed him to grab emergency powers and murder his opposition. Historians have long believed that Hitler started the fire himself, while he blamed it on the Communists.

The anonymous whistleblower elaborated on how the Obama administration is using the Occupy movement, labor unions, and other assorted subversive groups to create massive chaos within the nation.

“Using untracked campaign funds, they are paying people to infiltrate the various movements to cause physical destruction of property and disrupt commerce. That began last year, but has increased ten-fold already this year,” the DHS source shared.

“Obama is using some high profile people as pawns to foment the revolution. I heard several times through very credible sources that [Louis] Farrakhan is on the CIA payroll. Other have been named as well, but I’m not prepared to identify them yet. Farrakhan is to coordinate the Blacks and the Muslims to prepare for riots this summer, using any means necessary.”

The recent revelations appeared to complement warnings given by other government insiders, who alleged that Jeremiah Wright, Van Jones, Al Sharpton, and Jesse Jackson were all agent provocateurs whose mission was to inflame racial tensions and spark open conflict in the streets of America.

According to the DHS source, a global economic collapse is coming, which the Obama administration is well aware of. They wish to build a system of global governance from the ashes of the previous financial system. In order for this mission to be completed, the Obama administration needs more time at the helm of power. Their reasons for concern are justified; as recently as May 8, influential political prognosticator Dick Morris predicted a Romney landslide if the election were held today.

The shocking news also seemed to confirm recent actions taken by the DHS, such as their purchase of 450 million rounds of ammunition and their recent BlackHawk helicopters operation in Chicago, which looked frighteningly similar to a civil unrest exercise, but was described as “routine training”.

The concept of a staged assassination attempt against Barack Obama is not new as well and was first voiced by a knowledgeable White House insider known only as “WHI”.
    Ulsterman: So what is it? Pull what off?

Insider:
    A manufactured threat against the President of the United States. Something easily digested by the media and the American public. Not a real threat – something totally of their own making. They will use it if they need to – got no doubt whatsoever about that. Jarrett has approved the idea…and did so a long time ago. There were whispers of it during the 2008 campaign. McCain was so god-awful it never reached a serious consideration…but the plan was discussed. If needed – they were willing to go that route. It would be the ultimate use of the race card in the history of American politics. And…it would likely work if they got away with it.

Ulsterman:
    They would go that far? Risk something like that?

Insider:
    You don’t need to ask that question. Not after what we’ve discussed this past year. Not after what I’ve told you has proven out over and over again. So stop asking the fu—ing question. You need to accept the fact…if you haven’t done so yet – you need to accept the fact these people are playing for keeps. I told you – how many times? How many times have I said it? These are not Democrats. These folks are something else entirely. And they are willing to push the country – all of us, right against the fu—ing wall. Hard. I’m pushing back. Others are too. All of this is part of that effort. A small part, but an important one.
    As with the Occupy movement, it appears as if the Obama administration executed a test-run of the plot, with a “shot being fired” at the White House. This would lend credibility when they choreographed the attempt for the masses.

As early as August 2011, WHI also predicted race riots coming in the summer of 2012. The use of the Trayvon Martin death and the subsequent incitements to violence by the media, Obama operatives, and useful idiots, followed by the subsequent threats by the NBPP of a coming “race war” appear to have been merely a sign of what’s to come.

Middle-class American citizens were shocked and appalled at the allegations, with many hoping they were not true. Some said they had harbored similar suspicions for quite some time, due to the many anomalies and inaccuracies emanating from the current operatives inhabiting the White House.

The DHS source claimed that campaign funds were being directly used to fund the incitements to violence and rioting that the Obama administration was seeking to spark.

“Using untracked campaign funds, they are paying people to infiltrate the various movements to cause physical destruction of property and disrupt commerce. That began last year, but has increased ten-fold already this year,” stated this source.

“He added that they are using some lower level DHS agents to make the payments under the context of tracking subversives, but they are the unwitting subversives.”

The use of campaign funds, funneled through DHS agents to street-level agitators for the purpose of fomenting violence, would be extremely legally questionable, if not outright illegal, certain legal experts shared.

Intelligence officials said that if the allegations were true, the degree to which extremists had penetrated the upper echelons of the American government, finance, and security structure was unparalleled.

“Let’s just say that we are not taking these accusations lightly,” one official remarked on condition of anonymity. “Certain figures will be placed under a microscope, along with their associates.”

Valerie Jarrett, the shadowy figure always at Obama’s side, has been accused by some of “manipulating” or “controlling’ the President. Just who does she work for? Who does she take orders from?

The possibility that Barack Obama’s operatives, under the direction of Valerie Jarrett, was actively involved in the facilitation of street violence and mob chaos disturbed citizens, with many deeming it unpatriotic, subversive, and possibly seditious.

“Isn’t this why HUAC was created?”, one middle-class citizen angrily questioned. “Congress must re-instate HUAC, hold hearings, and find out if there is any truth to this.”

The intensely close co-ordination of seemingly separate entities confirmed the suspicions of many that communist agents had infiltrated major institutions, organizations, and trade unions, and were working together to sabotage America.

Who is Valerie Jarrett?

“Their apparatus can be seen as a type of octupus, having many tentacles,” one intelligence source confided on condition of anonymity. “Occupy is one tentacle, the unions are another, the Black Panthers are another, the radical black/islamic supremacists(Wright, Farrakhan, Van Jones, Sharpton) are another, DHS and its’ umbrella agencies are another, the mainstream press is another,” the source explained. “These tentacles are all working together, seemingly separate, but eventually they are controlled by the same small group of people. They receive their directives and marching orders and mindlessly execute them.”

The intelligence official predicted that in the very near future, all of the seemingly separate entities would be clearly exposed as working together, co-ordinating their activities together, and driving for the same goal – the destruction of America as a constitutional republic, the destruction of its capitalist system, and the dethroning of the U.S. as a superpower.

OBAMA OPERATIVES WILL COMMIT ‘REICHSTAG’ EVENT TO TRIGGER MARTIAL LAW, DHS WHISTLEBLOWER REVEALS | THE COMING ATTACK - Anti-Communist News, Analysis, Videos, And More

LISTEN VT RADIO | JOIN TEAM VT | SIGN-UP DAILY NEWSLETTER 

Saturday, May 5th, 2012 | Posted by Veterans Today

Ron Paul’s Mega Crowds… No Media Coverage!

Ron Paul’s mega crowds… no Media coverage!

by Jacque Fresco

Did you honestly think the Ron Paul revolution would be televised? Here’s a check on reality as to who is really the #1 presidential nominee for 2012.

Whilst the supposed front runner Romney barely gets over 100 people to a rally, Gingrich and Santorum after talking to empty rooms of 30 people, one man has been pulling in the masses. That man is Ron Paul.Ron Paul is the only one in polls who can and would beat Obama, the NWO puppet.
    “Freedom is popular” – Ron Paul
    His message of individual liberty and freedom to all is growing a worldwide following.

People are taking heed to the liberty movement as Ron Paul and others expose the criminality of our governments and institutions that have enslaved us for so long.

He has the #1 support from not only the troops who no longer wish to be at war, he also has the support of the youth. The intellectual revolution has begun…

Ron Paul Rallies Feb-Apr 2012:

SOURCE: HANG THE BANKERS

Ron Paul’s Mega Crowds… No Media Coverage! | Veterans Today

Last edited by AirborneSapper7; 05-11-2012 at 08:36 PM.

The first 12 hours after the US dollar collapse

Mitt Romney To Be Disqualified As A Presidential Candidate For The 2012 Election Due To Fraud And Other Crimes

Sure!

See also:
    - Obama 2012! – Mitt Romney 2012!

- America: A Government Totally Out Of Control (Video)

- Mitt Romney IS Goldman Sachs!

- Mitt Romney Top Contributors Same As Obama’s = More The Same = The End Of America

- GOP Threw 2012 Election to Obama in 2009, Multi-billion dollar ponzi scheme involving Romney and Son (The Libertarian Review, May 7, 2012):
    As reported here and here several weeks ago, we reported that Romney would certainly be disqualified or discredited as a Presidential candidate for the 2012 election due to fraud and other crimes against the American Taxpayer and the US Government.

As far back as 2009, nearly concurrent with the Bernie Madoff Ponzi scandal, the GOP knew, beyond any doubt, that Mitt Romney was seriously involved with a Ponzi scheme, to the tune of $8.5 BILLION dollars.

In February of 2009, the Washington Post revealed that the SEC was alleging $8 Billion in savings fraud by Allen Stanford AND HIS COLLEAGUES, read Mitt Romney and Son, of lying about investments and CDs in a Ponzi scheme concerning staggering amounts of investor’s money, partnerships in which they invested upon collapse of the fraud.
    “”We are alleging a fraud of shocking magnitude that has spread its tentacles throughout the world,” Rose Romero, director of the SEC’s Fort Worth office, said in a statement.”
    Despite the actions of the SEC in this case,
    “A few months after the Ponzi scheme collapsed, a firm financed by Mitt Romney and run by his son and chief fundraiser partnered with the three men and created a new “wealth management business” as a subsidiary.”
    So what do we know?

We know that Stanford has a PAC which has contributed large amounts of money to lawmakers annually.

We know that over $400,000 of that money was tied directly into the Madoff Ponzi scandal.

We know that one is only sentenced if FOUND GUILTY:
    “Sentencing has been set for June 14, 2012 at 10:00 a.m. in Courtroom 8A before Judge Hittner. Stanford faces a maximum prison sentence of 20 years for the count of conspiracy to commit wire and mail fraud, each count of wire and mail fraud, and the count of conspiracy to commit money laundering, and five years for the count of conspiracy to obstruct an SEC investigation and the count of obstruction of an SEC investigation.”
    Victims of this Ponzi scheme have been asked to fill out ‘Victim Impact Statement/Financial Crime’ and have not, as yet, received compensation or restoration of fraudulently stolen funds.

We know that Romney lied about the specifics of the Stanford Fraud and still created a joint ‘wealth management system’ with criminals
    “Mitt Romney, his son Tagg, and Romney’s chief fundraiser, Spencer Zwick, have extensive financial and political ties to three men who allegedly participated in an $8.5 billion Ponzi scheme. A few months after the Ponzi scheme collapsed, a firm financed by Mitt Romney and run by his son and chief fundraiser partnered with the three men and created a new “wealth management business” as a subsidiary.”

Whereas the ‘screwing’ those ‘poor guys took’ actually was court ordered forfeiture:

“According to the indictment, which also seeks forfeiture from all the defendants (18 U.S.C. §§981(a)(1)(c) and 982(a)(1)), Stanford and his co-defendants engaged in a scheme to defraud investors who purchased approximately $7 billion in certificates of deposit administered by Stanford International Bank Ltd. (SIBL), an offshore bank controlled by Stanford and located on the island of Antigua. Stanford and his co-defendants allegedly misused and misappropriated most of those investor assets, including diverting more than $1.6 billion into undisclosed personal loans to Stanford himself, while misrepresenting to investors SIBL’s financial condition, its investment strategy and the extent of its regulatory oversight by Antiguan authorities.

“Also according to the indictment, Stanford, Pendergest-Holt and King conspired to conceal the fraud from the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) in order to fend off an SEC investigation. King allegedly provided Stanford and others with confidential information that he had received from an official SEC inquiry into a possible fraud on investors by SIBL so that additional false representations concerning SIBL’s financial health and Antiguan regulatory oversight could be made.

In addition, Stanford, Pendergest-Holt and others allegedly agreed that Pendergest-Holt would provide false information to the SEC about the true value of SIBL’s investment portfolio. See copy of Indictment below.”

We know that the charges are many and serious:

Background: On June 19, 2009, the U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Texas unsealed a 21-count indictment returned by a federal grand jury on June 18, 2009, against defendants Robert Allen Stanford, Laura Pendergest-Holt, Gilberto Lopez, Mark Kuhrt, and Leroy King, charging each with one count of conspiracy to commit mail, wire and securities fraud (Count 1: 18 U.S.C. § 371); seven counts of wire fraud (Count 2: 18 U.S.C. § 1343); ten counts of mail fraud (Counts 9-18: 18 U.S.C.§ 1341), and one count of conspiracy to commit money laundering (Count 21: 18 U.S.C. §1956(h)) stemming from a $7 billion investment fraud scheme. The indictment also charges Stanford, Pendergest-Holt and King with one count of conspiracy to obstruct a Securities and Exchange Commission investigation (Count 19: 18 U.S.C. §371) and one count of obstruction of an SEC investigation (Count 20: 18 U.S.C.§1505).

We know that Romney has no intention of protecting citizens and investors from further Ponzi schemes:
    “The revelation about Romney’s ties to the Stanford ponzi scheme unmask the risks associated with removing new investor protections. The Dodd-Frank Wall Street Reform law, a reform Romney says he will repeal if he wins the presidency, attempts to address future Ponzi schemes by enacting new protections for whistleblowers to alert authorities when they find evidence of fraud.

The law also creates a new Investor Advocate and Investor Advisory Committee within the Securities and Exchange Commission to detect and investigate future Ponzi schemes.”
    As early as 2009, with the scandal of a major PAC being involved with leading Republican Mitt Romney, an honest vetting by the GOP would certainly have disqualified him from GOP support for the Presidential elections. However, if the GOP, who in 2008 adopted the identical platform as the Democratic Party reworded, WANTED to throw the election to Barack Obama, they could hardly do more to guarantee it for 2012.

As Crooks and Liars states:

So to review, we have Mitt Romney coughing up $10 million to help start a firm that hired three brokers who sold bogus CDs for Stanford Financial and made some decent money on the deal, too. Not only that, but Spencer Zwick the lead fundraiser for Romney’s campaign is a principal in the Solamere Capital firm along with these Stanford brokers. Spencer Zwick does business as SJZ, LLC, and has been paid over $2 million in fees by the Romney campaign.

Since sentencing of the first convict begins in June of 2012, it is guaranteed to blow up as a major campaign issue leading into August, September and November of this year, and will affect the GOP campaigns.

The criminal fraud not only of Madoff and Stanford, but of the major banks and Wall Street firms has so overwhelmed the economy of this country that voters will be hard pressed to give the office to one so deeply connected to these evils.

The GOP knew these things before Obama was elected.

The GOP is, one more time, throwing the election into Obama’s lap.

Mitt Romney To Be Disqualified As A Presidential Candidate For The 2012 Election Due To Fraud And Other Crimes
    Last edited by AirborneSapper7; 05-11-2012 at 09:18 PM.