Page 483 of 740 FirstFirst ... 383433473479480481482483484485486487493533583 ... LastLast
Results 4,821 to 4,830 of 7393
Like Tree19Likes

Thread: Ron Paul on the Issues

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

South West Florida (Behind friendly lines but still in Occupied Territory)
    Ron Paul: Supporters, "Rock GOP To The Core"

Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Video Message from Ron Paul on Continuing the Delegate Strategy

Submitted by The Daily Paul on Mon, 05/21/2012 - 21:50
    Ron Paul 2012

Video Message from Ron Paul on Continuing the Delegate Strategy | Peace . Gold . Liberty | Ron Paul 2012
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

JP Morgan losses above 32 BILLION ? ... Crank up the shorts ?

Submitted by carpavel on Mon, 05/21/2012 - 23:46
    Economy

JP Morgan losses above 32 BILLION ????

This can be very very bad ... and wait until the world finds out about its 1 to 100 NAKED SHORT SILVER POSITIONS. I think these guys are going the way of MF Global.

Did The Fed Just Give Us A Very Big Clue Just How Big JPM's CIO Loss May Be? | ZeroHedge

Did The Fed Just Give Us A Very Big Clue Just How Big JPM's CIO Loss May Be?

Earlier today we mocked Jamie Dimon for announcing the cancellation of his firm's stock buyback program, just two shorts months after March 13, when none other than JP Morgan forced the Fed to scramble and release the full stress test ahead of schedule, after Jamie Dimon decided to frontrun the full FRBNY stress test release (whose sole purpose was to determine under what worst case scenario the Fed was ok with allowing JPM and various other Bank Holding Companies to proceed with dividend raises/stock buybacks) and announce just that - a dividend increase and a stock buyback. Well, in addition to some well justified egg in Dimon's face, today's results actually have some far more troubling implications. Because while we now know that the buyback is over, what we still don't know, because Jamie Dimon refuses to tell us, is just how big the CIO P&L loss as of close today. ...

More at Did The Fed Just Give Us A Very Big Clue Just How Big JPM's CIO Loss May Be? | ZeroHedge

JP Morgan losses above 32 BILLION ? ... Crank up the shorts ? | Peace . Gold . Liberty | Ron Paul 2012

I am a delegate. At the caucus I asked Romney supporters what Romney would cut (spending)?..utter silence.

Submitted by jamespj07 on Tue, 05/22/2012 - 00:37
    Ron Paul 2012

You could hear a pin drop. Was it really that hard of a question to answer? Yes..if you support a candidate that has NO plan to cut spending, then you have no answer to that question. I later went on to do a speech as a sort of "representative" for Ron Paul at the caucus. I told the crowd (speaking to the other candidates supporters, santorum, romney, gringrich) "one great question to ask of the candidate you support in these tough economic times is, what government spending will they cut? If your candidate cannot answer these questions specifically, if they have no plan, you might ask yourself why you support that candidate at all." I went on to talk about why this election is NOT just about replacing Obama(I inserted how polls show Ron Paul doing the very best against Obama). If we replace Obama with his clone from the republican party, then what is the point of any of it?

We went on to vote & to win nearly our entire delegate/alternate slate (which we did not think we would get). Was it because of my speech? Who knows? What does matter though is that we tell the truth to the people in our speeches about Romney's policy record being nearly identical to Obama so what is the point of replacing Obama with the republican version of Obama (or something to that effect). I believe this will sway our friends & neighbors toward Ron Paul. If they see that we are professional, humble & have real solutions to problems, I think that many of them will come our way. Food for thought at the conventions if anyone is doing speeches.

I am a delegate. At the caucus I asked Romney supporters what Romney would cut (spending)?..utter silence. | Peace . Gold . Liberty | Ron Paul 2012

NDAA 2013: Now Featuring Propaganda and War With Iran!

Submitted by MarcMadness on Tue, 05/22/2012 - 02:15
    Peace / War

“What if the American people woke up, and understood that the official reasons for going to war are almost always based on lies and promoted by war propaganda in order to serve special interests?” – Congressman Ron Paul

Nary a week seems to go by around this here site where we don’t mention the insidious indefinite detention provisions of the 2012 National Defense Authorization Act (NDAA), signed under the cover of New Year’s Eve by President Obama without as much as a whimper of dissent from the mainstream media. We’ve been trying to counter that whimper with a constant roar of protest here at Lions of Liberty (did I just do a Lion metaphor? Oh yeah I did!). There have certainly been some positive grassroots developments in battling the NDAA in the past half year or so. Whether it’s the formation of grassroots groups such as P.A.N.D.A. (People Against National Defense Act), attempts by states to nullify indefinite detention, or the recent ruling of a Federal Judge blocking the indefinite detention provisions, it’s clear that resistance to this egregious violation of our natural rights is strong.

Just when we are starting to make some progress against the 2012 NDAA both in raising public awareness and measurable legal victories, those creepy Congress critters are already at it again, hard at work on the 2013 version of the NDAA. The NDAA is an omnibus bill that comes up every year in order to fully fund the armed forces, including present military action abroad. As with nearly every major bill, Congressman use the opportunity of such a large and important bill to sneak in all sorts of shady little provisions, knowing that almost everyone will vote for the final bill, or else face the heinous charge of not “supporting the troops”. Maybe it’s just me, but sending our troops across the globe to fight in multiple illegal, unsustainable wars while military suicides exceed combat deaths doesn’t sound like “supporting the troops”, but hey what do I know? I’m just some dude with a website and a passion for liberty.

Wouldn’t you know it, Congress has already gone and passed the first version of the 2013 NDAA, which includes all sorts of Tasty Tyranny Nuggets (consider this an official Copyright, in case I one day find myself hawking Tasty Tyranny Nuggets cereal on the black market in my local FEMA Camp.) As this latest version creeps it’s way through the Senate and eventually to the desk of the POTUS, let’s stop and take a look at a couple exciting new editions to this year’s bill.

Continue Reading about the newest incarnation of the NDAA

NDAA 2013: Now Featuring Propaganda and War With Iran! | Peace . Gold . Liberty | Ron Paul 2012

Delegate Discussion With Parliamentarian Dr. Steve Parent Wednesday On Ronpaulradio.Com 3 Pm Est & 6 Pm On Ronpaultribune.Com

Submitted by Ron Paul Tribune on Mon, 05/21/2012 - 23:32
    Events

Join host Paco Elijah on Wednesday (5/23/2012) on RonPaulRadio.com at 3 PM EST and tell others who are going to become delegates, who are interested in becoming delegates, and others who want to better learn the process for the upcoming conventions. Parliamentarian Dr. Steve Parent will be discussing in detail the process of 'general' (non-state specific, overall process) of the delegate process and Roberts Rules (Robert's Rules Of Order | Quick Reference). Please check your specific states bylaws (make sure it is up to date and correct) because Dr. Parent may not be able to answer all state specific questions, but it is important to know your states bylaws. Feel free to ask questions that pertain to what is mentioned above. Be sure to check out Parliamentarian Dr. Steve Parent three hours later at 6 PM EST on RonPaulTribune.com in the 'Voice Chat Room':
    Voice Chat Room

Visit the official website of Parliamentarian Dr. Steve Parent: DelegateTraining • Index page

This is a great tool to use to get this much needed information and we encourage everyone who wants to learn more about the process to take part. Please share this event with others and up vote, as well as comment, to help us spread the word. Thank you!

Delegate Discussion With Parliamentarian Dr. Steve Parent Wednesday On Ronpaulradio.Com 3 Pm Est & 6 Pm On Ronpaultribune.Com | Peace . Gold . Liberty | Ron Paul 2012

SOUTH DAKOTA for Ron Paul

Submitted by Drew D on Fri, 03/23/2012 - 23:26

Ron Paul 2012
    South Dakota

To all the Ron Paul fans in SD. We need to get 20% of the vote to go for RP to get delegates here. We can do this if we all continue to work hard. SOUTH DAKOTA IS RON PAUL COUNTRY.

SD for Ron Paul | Peace . Gold . Liberty | Ron Paul 2012

Audio, MN Public Radio: "Ron Paul has Texas-size influence in Minnesota GOP"!

Submitted by AnCapMercenary on Tue, 05/22/2012 - 03:58
    Ron Paul 2012

Ron Paul has Texas-size influence in Minnesota GOP

by Mark Zdechlik, Minnesota Public Radio
    May 21, 2012

ST. PAUL, Minn. — An overwhelming majority of the Minnesota delegation to this summer's Republican National Convention will be going to Tampa, Fla., as Ron Paul delegates.
    The Texas congressman had a huge influence on last weekend's Minnesota GOP convention in St. Cloud. Beyond nearly sweeping the national delegates, state Rep. Kurt Bills, Paul's endorsed candidate to take on Democratic Sen. Amy Klobuchar this fall, won the GOP endorsement over two other Republicans.
    Paul, a Republican presidential candidate, was on hand for both days of the Minnesota Republican convention, his presence carefully choreographed to appease the large contingent of his supporters.
    Um, how come "political scientists" are unique among 'professionals' in that they literally have absolutely ZERO clue as to what they're talking about? Is calling them "scientists" an exercise in pity scholastic heraldry? It's like their rule, is to remain out of touch with reality, not to mention, their own supposed constituency.
    Oh right, they never leave their cubicles, much like Keynesian 'economists,' like Paul KRUDman:
    But Rice University political science professor Mark Jones says the rise of Paul's supporters threatens to drive away mainstream Republicans and independents who view the Paul ideology as extremist.
    "It's not to the Republican establishment's advantage," Jones said, "to have a state party that is controlled by people making statements that are at odds with the positions of the majority of Minnesotans as well as perhaps the majority of Republican voters in Minnesota."
    Hey, Hey,
    I say,
    Bring on the RINO Purge I say!

Hey, Hey,
    I say,
    Bring on the RINO Purge I say!!!

Audio, MN Public Radio: "Ron Paul has Texas-size influence in Minnesota GOP"! | Peace . Gold . Liberty | Ron Paul 2012

Romney losing ground to Obama while Paul collects delegates

Kevin Kervick
    Manchester Independent Examiner

Romney trails Obama, Paul gaining Photo credit: Getty Images

Breaking News

Mitt Romney has experienced an eleven point swing in his poll numbers vs. President Obama in just over one week, according to a daily tracking poll of likely voters from Rasmussen Reports. Just over a week ago, Romney was leading President Obama by eight percentage points at 50 - 42%. In today's poll, the President leads Romney by three percentage points at 47 - 44%.

While it is early in the election season, such a dramatic shift in the President's favor cannot be seen as good news for Governor Romney.

To make matters worse for the Romney team, Congressman Paul continues to gain on Romney by racking up delegates in state after state. This weekend, Congressman Paul won thirty-two out of forty delegates in Minnesota, further narrowing Governor Romney's delegate lead heading into the GOP national convention in August.

The sagging Romney poll numbers relative to the President's numbers and the continuing excitement behind the Ron Paul campaign, has some pundits questioning whether Congressman Paul might actually be a better GOP candidate than Governor Romney in the long run.

Congressman Paul has an activated volunteer base and a well organized ground game, while Romney's support tends to be money-driven and top-down. Furthermore, while Governor Romney is sliding, Congressman Paul has been even with President Obama in the same Rasmussen poll, although there are no new numbers for Paul vs. Obama this week. If these numbers stay the same or get worse for Governor Romney, and Congressman Paul's star continues to rise, come August, GOP delegates in Tampa may be faced with a difficult decision if they want to beat President Obama.

If you would like to receive an update when Kevin Kervick releases another article, click on the Subscribe and Follow on Twitter links below. Please also like, +1, and tweet this article so that others can receive the content. Please also click like next to his name on Kevin's Examiner homepage.

Romney losing ground to Obama while Paul collects delegates - Manchester Independent | Examiner.com
    Last edited by AirborneSapper7; 05-22-2012 at 06:22 AM.

The Huge Advantage the Liberty Movement has on the Establishment People Don't Realize

Submitted by mamo on Tue, 05/22/2012 - 04:12
    Politics & Law

There is a huge advantage that we(the Liberty Movement) have on the establishment, powers that be, bankers, or whatever you want to call our opposition. I'm not sure everyone is taking into consideration with their actions. Normal rules of engagement in politics, advertising, informal conversation, and countless other things don't apply the same to us all. The main reason is we represent truth, our arguments made often forget to mention the fact that we have science backing our philosophy. Free Market Economic principles also apply to everything else we support. The more government intervention causing lack of competition in any field (medical industrial complex) drives prices up. Use RP's cell phone comparison. There is clearly no correlation between money spent on public education and student performance, print a graph. No one cares about you arguing freedom of choice of your body about drugs, but they do care that drug usage(and crime, emphasis on violent) goes way down in countries that have decriminalized. Show people this isn't an opinion, it's not about fighting the NWO, not about worshipping Ron Paul, it's simply about what is true.

There are countless books on obtaining and maintaining power, my favorite are; The Art of War, Prince, and the 48 Laws of Power. These rules of power that politicians have to follow, Ron Paul and our movement doesn't.

1. Mitt Romney wouldn't debate Ron Paul 1 on 1 ever because he has everything to lose and nothing to gain. If roles were reversed Ron Paul would be able to expose the truth in a very public forum. What is to lose from going out and telling the truth, absolutely nothing. He won't lose supporters.

2. Ron Paul never mentions Romney for a reason, he doesn't need to. He just needs to get the truth out, it's like a virus and we are reaching critical mass. He may have enemies, but he doesn't have to fight them, the truth does.

3. He can't lose anytime he is able to garner attention because he tells the truth, even an appearance on Hannity or O'Reilly wouldn't be harmful. It might not win over any supporters but it won't lose any.

4. His record is clean as can be and his voting record gives him even more legitimacy

5. All of Ron's positions are based on hard research and are the side facts, numbers, and evidence support.

6. The philosophy of Freedom is like handing out cash in the street absolutely free - people have nothing to lose but everything to gain. Some might not take the money, but they are no worse off than they were initially. The ones that do take the money have no downside. Those who have figured out that Ron Paul is the real deal and right about everything can't be swayed are accepting the free truth/money.

We don't need to follow normal rules for politics, be it mouth to mouth or by TV commercial, because you can't argue with facts. Boom! As we occupy countries, we become more hated, and show them the facts. Forget being better than Obombey, forget about Goldman Sachs running our government(unless you have a fact sheet), and forget about using the constitution as the heart of your argument. For us there is only good exposure as long as we present the facts. That's why I joined up as soon as I saw Ron Paul in the first debate in 07. I went home and researched his positions and why and realized how right they all were.

The Huge Advantage the Liberty Movement has on the Establishment People Don't Realize | Peace . Gold . Liberty | Ron Paul 2012