Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Sen. Schumer: Passing Obamacare in ’09 Was A Mistake, Hurt Democrats

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

South West Florida (Behind friendly lines but still in Occupied Territory)

Sen. Schumer: Passing Obamacare in ’09 Was A Mistake, Hurt Democrats

Tammy Bruce

Sen. Schumer: Passing Obamacare in ’09 Was A Mistake, Hurt Democrats « Tammy Bruce
    Schumer said the health care law, popularly known as Obamacare, is “very important” but the timing was...
    tammybruce.com

by Shifra on November 26, 2014
    Posted in: 2016 Election, Bad Idea, Big Government, Blah Blah Blah, Democrats, Health Care, Just Plain Stupid, Liberal Idiocy

Yes, Senator Chuck Schumer (D-NY) now “regrets” passing Obamacare in ’09.
    He does not regret that millions of people lost their health insurance.
    He does not regret the massive fraud that was perpetrated on the American people.
    No, he says he regrets the “timing.”
    Memo to Chucky Schumer: You regret that you may lose your job in ’16.
    Via CNS News: Schumer Says Obamacare Hurt Dems: ‘85% of All Americans Were Fine With Their Health Care’
    Schumer said the health care law, popularly known as Obamacare, is “very important” but the timing was wrong, and was not at the “top of the agenda” of the American people.
    “We were in the middle of recession. … People were hurting and said ‘What about me? I’m losing my job,’” said Schumer, who spoke as the Democratic Policy Chairman on why his Party was defeated in the 2014 mid-term elections by Republicans.
    “Like I said, about 85 percent of all Americans were fine with their health care in 2009, mainly because it was paid for by either the government or their employer – private sector,” said Schumer. “And so the average middle-class voter, they weren’t opposed to doing health care when it started out but it wasn’t at the top of the agenda.”
    “Don’t get me wrong,” Schumer also said. “I think it’s a good bill [Obamacare] and I’m proud to have voted for it.”
    “But, it should have come later,” said the senator….
    Related:
    Weekly Standard: Fmr Obama Aides Lash Out at Schumer
    Aaron Goldstein: American Spectator — Schumer’s Obamacare Mea Culpa & What It Means for 2016
    Philip Klein: Washington Examiner — New York Times makes the case for fully repealing Obamacare

http://tammybruce.com/2014/11/sen-sc...democrats.html
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Chuck Schumer: We Shouldn’t Have Passed Obamacare In 2010 [VIDEO]

http://dailycaller.com/2014/11/25/ch...in-2010-video/
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

“Don’t get me wrong,” Schumer also said. “I think it’s a good bill [Obamacare] and I’m proud to have voted for it.”
    “But, it should have come later,” said the senator
    ObamaCare is not a good bill and everyone who voted for it should be ashamed of themselves, forcing Americans against their will to buy an insurance product of any kind let alone one dictated by the federal government? It's outrageous! Then expecting Americans to pay income taxes to underwrite and subsidize for those who can't afford it when we already pay for Medicaid and SCHIP and contribute through 501 C 3 "charities"! COME ON! GET REAL!

But I do appreciate Schumer at least admitting that it was passed at the wrong time, and frankly, when it's the wrong time for something like ObamaCare, there never is or will be a right time for such a violation of the freedom and privacy of American Citizens.
    A Nation Without Borders Is Not A Nation - Ronald Reagan
    Save America, Deport Congress! - Judy

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Schumer: Dems erred with ObamaCare

Getty Images
    By Alexander Bolton - 11/25/14 01:05 PM EST

Democrats made a strategic mistake by passing the Affordable Care Act, Sen. Charles Schumer (N.Y.), the third-ranking member of the Senate Democratic leadership, said Tuesday.
    Schumer says Democrats “blew the opportunity the American people gave them” in the 2008 elections, a Democratic landslide, by focusing on healthcare reform instead of legislation to boost the middle class.

“After passing the stimulus, Democrats should have continued to propose middle class-oriented programs and built on the partial success of the stimulus,” he said in a speech at the National Press Club.He said the plight of uninsured Americans caused by “unfair insurance company practices” needed to be addressed, but it wasn’t the change that people wanted when they elected Barack Obama as president.
    “Americans were crying out for an end to the recession, for better wages and more jobs; not for changes in their healthcare,” he said.
    He noted that 85 percent of all Americans got their healthcare from either the government, through Medicare or Medicaid, or through an employer.
    “So when Democrats focused on healthcare, the average middle class person thought, ‘the Democrats are not paying enough attention to me,’ ” he said.
    Schumer's concession is a striking change of tone from what he said shortly after the passage of the healthcare law, when he predicted that ObamaCare would turn out to be a strong political issue for his party.
    “I predict … by November those who voted for healthcare will find it an asset, those who voted against it will find it a liability,” he said on NBC’s “Meet the Press” in March 2010.
    A slew of Senate Democrats, including Blanche Lincoln (Ark.), Mark Pryor (Ark.), Mark Begich (Alaska), Kay Hagan (N.C.) and Mark Udall (Colo.), who voted for the bill, however, ended up losing in 2010 or 2014. Republicans attacked them constantly for voting for ObamaCare, an attack that became more potent after the law’s error-prone rollout.
    On Tuesday, Schumer said that behind the scenes, he told other Democratic Party leaders that they should have focused on jobs and the economy instead of ObamaCare.

Tags: Charles Schumer, ObamaCare, economy

http://thehill.com/policy/healthcare...with-obamacare

working4change
    Reelection time and the staged remorse begins! Pathetic chuckie

Exactly. But that at least sets the tone for Democrats to join hands with Republicans to repeal this total waste of time and money called ObamaCare.
    A Nation Without Borders Is Not A Nation - Ronald Reagan
    Save America, Deport Congress! - Judy

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

CONTROL FREAKS... Democrats cannot help themselves to enough of YOUR MONEY