Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

South West Florida (Behind friendly lines but still in Occupied Territory)

Some of the Democrat’s Healthcare Lies Discussed

Five Things You Need to Know About the House Democrats’ Health Care Bill

Some of the Democrat’s Healthcare Lies Discussed

By Warner Todd Huston
    Friday, July 31, 2009

Congresswoman Cynthia Lummis (R, Wyoming) has written an important piece illuminating five of the most important points about the House Democrat’s healthcare bill. In her piece headlined Five Things You Need to Know About the House Democrats’ Health Care Bill, Lummis gives us some actual facts about some of the more insidious Democrat tax hikes, rationing plans, and regulations in the bill.

This is must reading for anyone interested in knowing what Democrats have in store for all of us.

1. New Government Run Plan to “Competeâ€
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

If one approaches this healthcare debate from the outset that healthcare is a service as opposed to a right, what would the governments plan look like.

Healthcare is not a right. In a free market a doctor's services are just that, services for hire. The patient (the consumer) agrees to the terms of the services provided for by the provider. A doctor is not in business to give away his or her talents. (Are you in a business to give away your talents?)

Can costs be approached from a different angle thus making healthcare more affordable for everyone? Well perhaps that should be an area that everyone involved should be looking at. Tort reform? Derugulating the insurance industry? Allowing Doctors to open their own clinics with their own insurance plans at a local level.

More importantly is healthcare as proposed by congress constitutional? Perhaps when one looks at healthcare from the point of view that healthcare is a business operating on a free market then one can ask their congress if they would also like to dictate where you should have the tires on your car serviced? Perhaps they could dictate where you could buy a hot water heater for your house? Will they tell you who can service your computer when it is needing a service?

Where will congress stop if they are allowed to further infringe upon the the open and free market? What gives them the authority to dictate participation in this boondoggle they are calling healthcare reform?

How is this constitutional? Ask your congressman. Then ask your congressman where to get your tires rotated on your car.

If I choose not to participate, where does the congress get the right to penalize me with more imposed taxes, a tax penalty?

Excellent points roundabout. And I don't think you'll mind us borrowing some of these for 'talking points' as we make our calls this month during their recess.

The more I hear about this the angrier I get. Did you see the happy gloating look on Pelosi's face at a Friday news conference?
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Thanks fedup, but most of the credit should go to Mike Church on the constitutional aspects. I have tried to stay away from this health care debate as I do not understand enough about insurance or the medical fields. My biggest beef all along has been the federal government going into this commie mode. Couple that to the mistrust that I have towards our congress and I have felt compelled to try and pay attention. The one thing that motivates me is to Hope for a smaller not larger federal government.

Three things I would like to ask my congressmen, yes or no answers please.

1. Will you read the bill?

2. Will Congress take the public option?

3. Is this constitutional?