Like Tree15Likes

Thread: Southwest Airlines Emergency Landing

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Southwest Airlines Emergency Landing

Be safe out there this summer

Wasn't that just horrible?! Poor woman. I read about that earlier. Just terrible. So sad.
    A Nation Without Borders Is Not A Nation - Ronald Reagan
    Save America, Deport Congress! - Judy

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

I love the so-called experts. Judge Napoliatano said they should have discovered the fracture when they inspected the plane on Sunday. That malfunction can only be test for during engine overhaul.

Then the NTSB expert describing the events said the wing dropped 41 degrees when the engine failed. He added that normally the wing doesn't drop more than 20 degrees. I was waiting for him to say why. The reason is, with the engine failing, the plane will spin left, much like blowing a left tire will pull a car to the left. With that turn, that wing is pretty much behind the plane with the right wing turning directly into the wind. So with lack of air, that wing drops. The pilot, to compensate should cut back the rightside engine, pull the nose up and compensate with the rudder peddles. Because of the cabin decompression, the pilot would also put the plane into an emergency dive.

The expert also talked about the cabin pressure reaching 14,000 feet. Couldn't he just say the cabin depressurized?

Now I see another plane had an engine fire on a Airbus. The news reporter said the two were unrelated as the were two different brands of planes. We'll see. Airbus uses engines that are GE based, as does the Boeing jet.

Terrible. I would like to know if she had her seat belt on and if it would have kept her in her seat?
    ILLEGAL ALIENS HAVE "BROKEN" OUR IMMIGRATION SYSTEM

DO NOT REWARD THEM - DEPORT THEM ALL

Quote Originally Posted by Beezer View Post
    Terrible. I would like to know if she had her seat belt on and if it would have kept her in her seat?
    She did. It may have kept her from being sucked out of the airplane. Unfortunately, she was too severely injured to survive.

Quote Originally Posted by Beezer View Post
    Yes, she did. It was reported last night, I guess a lot people had asked that question. That's probably why she didn't get sucked all the way out.

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

WOW, I always leave mine buckled, so even that can suck you out of your seat.

Maybe it should be like a car seatbelt.

Hate to fly any more. Not just the airline companies but the terrible passengers.

Was so nice to fly in the 80's, people dressed nice and behaved...now...not so much

People are so gross. We had a lady on a flight to Maui change a stinky baby diaper 2 rows in front of us, we were all gagging. Yuk!!
    Last edited by Beezer; 04-19-2018 at 06:02 PM.
    ILLEGAL ALIENS HAVE "BROKEN" OUR IMMIGRATION SYSTEM

DO NOT REWARD THEM - DEPORT THEM ALL

You're so right, it is terrible to fly now. It used to be so nice, truly a lovely experience. Not any more. It's a shame.

Quote Originally Posted by Judy View Post
    You're so right, it is terrible to fly now. It used to be so nice, truly a lovely experience. Not any more. It's a shame.
    That was probably before deregulation. Back in the 60s and 70s, there was Western Airlines. While most airlines had 6 across seating, Western had 5 across seating. That kept their planes full. But when deregulation came, and fares were not standard, the airlines with 6 across seating could make more money on packed airliners. So Western went into the history books.

Now, I hear they put more rows in so there is even less legroom. Sometimes, regulation can be a good thing.

Oh you go back that far and most people won't even know what we're talking about. Steak dinners, full breakfasts, european lunches with wine, cheese, fruit and sandwiches, oh so courteous flight attendants, big seats, smoking allowed, cheap drinks, treated like you were a celebrity even in coach, no fees for baggage, no cancellation charges, no trip change fees, etc., etc., etc.