Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

SPLC Ostracizes Patriots…Again

Thought I would pass over some links and information from folks over at Restore the Republic,

Welcome to...
    Securing Liberty...For Ourselves and Our Future Generations

Catch Securing Liberty Radio on at
    10 am Central M, W, TH, F & 11 am W & 6 pm T, W, TH & 4 pm F on GEO Media Network
    and Thursday evenings, 11 pm Central on Freedomizer Radio

Feel free to contact Debbie Lewis or Michael J Weber

Are You Ready for the Revolution!?!
    It's time to make Ron Paul a household name!
    Read about it here!
    The Ron Paul Uprising - The Political Bombshell of 2012

SPLC Ostracizes Patriots…Again
    Debbie Morgan, Host Securing Liberty Radio

Columbia, MO, March 18, 2011 – It’s Spring and you know what that means. The Southern Poverty Law Center has issued its Spring Intelligence Report. The “Active ‘Patriot’ Groups in the United States in 2010” is always good entertainment. Since when is it bad to be considered a patriot? Along with the Spring publication, the SPLC has also issued a couple of other interesting pieces. One is “SPLC Report Examines Extremist Views of Lawmakers Attacking 14th Amendment” and the other is “The Legislators: The Dirty Dozen.”

In a letter to Mark Potok, I ask since when is being a patriot a bad thing? And, not that I am sad about being labeled a “Patriot Group”, but since when do a films, websites or a film company constitute a "Patriot Group?" Potok is an award-winning mainstream journalist, having worked for USA Today, the Dallas Times Herald and the Miami Herald. So…what happened to his journalistic integrity?

Just to set the record straight for Potok, the SPLC and the rest of the world. Camp FEMA and Don’t Tread On Me are feature length, well researched documentaries. Take Back Washington and Restore the Republic are websites and William Lewis Films is a film production company consisting of two people!

So, what, exactly, landed these different modes of communication, NOT groups, on the ‘Patriot Group” list of this years edition of The Intelligence Report? Could it be that all furnish the viewer/reader with information about egregious actions, or the possibility of future actions, taken by our government against its role in protecting our Constitutional rights, or against the Constitution, itself? Could it be that someone, somewhere, say Mr. Potok, is upset at the fact that we, as web site hosts, film producer/directors, or independent journalists question what is going on in our country today rather than follow along obediently like good little sheep? I thought the whole purpose of this country was for our central government to stay out of our lives and protect us from oppressive behaviors of governments, as in those of England at the time of our Country’s founding? Possibly the SPLC and Mr. Potok should brush up on their history a bit!

Also making news were several legislators who made the SPLC’s “Dirty Dozen” list of legislators, two of which are guests in the film Don’t Tread On Me. Both are painted as major troublemakers by the SPLC publication. The film, remember, it is listed among the 824 “antigovernment ‘Patriot groups’”, is also berated as “produced by antigovernment conspiracist Gary Franchi and claims to offer ‘sound solutions to take back rights stolen by our out-of-control, despotic federal government.’" The film actually does pose a couple of very interesting suggestions that might stop the treacherous government. One is a Tax Escrow Account, another is the possibility of the states to adopt a stable monetary system and yet another calls for the individual states to assert their rights to State Sovereignty.

In the film, Oklahoma State Representative Charles Key and Missouri State Senator Brian Nieves speak out about our uncontrollable government and the need for states to re-assert their 10th Amendment right to govern as they see fit. Key even discusses the Tax Escrow Account. For that, both are considered supporters of the “antigovernment” movement. What both want, however, is the same thing many of this country’s “Patriots,” including film producer Franchi, want…a return to our roots as a Constitutional Republic. How is wishing our government would adhere to the Constitution antigovernment? In truth, it is anything BUT antigovernment.

For the record, the 10th Amendment IS part of out Constitution and does state, “The powers not delegated to the United States by the Constitution, nor prohibited by it to the States, are reserved to the States respectively, or to the people.” And where might one find what powers are “delegated to the United States by the Constitution?” Try Article 1 Section 8 of our Constitution. That ought to set a few more things straight, as well. That is, unless the SPLC can dig up some reason why the Constitution is, itself, “antigovernment.”

My letter to Mr. Potok was not immediately answered. I am not sure he will even bother, as he surely didn’t bother to make sure he was listing actual patriot groups, warranted or not. Among actual “groups” listed, however are several state chapters of both the Constitution Party and Oath Keepers. Again, it bears repeating, the Constitution Party simply wants government to return to its constitutional roots. The “Oath Keepers,” likewise, have stated that they will not disobey the Oath they took when entering into the service of this country, to protect and defend the Constitution against all enemies, foreign and domestic. So, again, I need someone at the SPLC to tell me how upholding and defending the Constitution of this country gets one put on a list of antigovernment, conspiracy theorist “Patriots.” Aren’t those people actual Patriots of the caliper of our Founding Fathers?

To the SPLC, in the words of Gary Franchi, “I want to extend my gratitude to the Southern Poverty Law Center for keeping track of our successes and making it easier for me to find like-minded patriots.” Truly I do thank you, but don’t you have anything better to do?

Endnotes:
    Active “Patriot” Groups in the United States in 2010
    splcenter.org/get-informed/intelligence-report/browse-all-issues/2011/spring/active-patriot-groups-in-the-us[/url]

The Legislators: The Dirty Dozen
    splcenter

SPLC Report Examines Extremist Views of Lawmakers Attacking 14th Amendment
    splcenter

Mark Potok
    splcenter.

Transcript of the Bill of Rights
    Bill of Rights Transcript Text

The Reality Report
    lonelantern - YouTube

Restore the Republic
    RTR.org - Home Page

William Lewis Films
    William Lewis Films

Take Back Washington
    Take Back Washington

Don’t Tread On Me
    Don't Tread On Me: Rise of The Republic - On DVD

Camp FEMA
    Camp FEMA

SPLCOtracizesPatriotsAgain
    Last edited by working4change; 03-24-2012 at 12:40 PM.

South West Florida (Behind friendly lines but still in Occupied Territory)
    The SPLC has made it Painfully Clear .... they Prefer This

Over This

Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)