Conservative Daily

Evidence of dysfunction...

Sticker Shock of Premium Increases at Medical Facility Leaves Employees Feeling 'Jipped'
Long-time employees saw their rates increase by more than 200%.
ijreview.com

Sticker Shock of Premium Increases at Medical Facility Leaves Employees Feeling ‘Jipped’

6,036 Shares By Caroline Schaeffer 10 hours ago

Video at the page link:

Employees at the Quality of Life Medical Center in Tucson, AZ, got quite the case of sticker shock when they sat down and began planning their health insurance options for the next year.
Several workers, like Joe Higgins, who had been with the clinic for several years, suddenly saw their rates more than double. He told news channel KVOA that the coverage he’s had for his family of four jumped from $479 per month to $1,170.
And that wasn’t the only major increase. KVOA reports:
“We were kind of promised $2,500 for a family would be the insurance cost during the election process and during Obamacare’s passage, so I feel like I’ve been jipped. I feel like I’ve been lied to. I was told one thing and am getting another.”
The higher costs were such a burden on employees, the company decided to stop providing group insurance. Employees are now trying to navigate the Obamacare system to find health coverage.
And though KVOA reports that Obamacare experts say this will mean more “buying power” for employees, the clinic’s administrators lament the fact that a medical center, of all places, cannot affordably provide their own workers with coverage.

http://www.ijreview.com/2014/09/1779...bles-premiums/