Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Students, school pupils and teachers protest across Germany

Students, school pupils and teachers protest across Germany

By WSWS Correspondents
    19 November 2009

The European and international protest movement against deteriorating conditions in the education system reached a new high point on Tuesday, November 17, with almost 100,000 students, pupils, teachers and parents taking part in protests and demonstration throughout Germany.

Thousands of students and school pupils took to the streets in Berlin, Munich, Cologne, Wiesbaden, Düsseldorf, Duisburg, Essen, Bielefeld, Göttingen, Hanover, Freiburg, Heidelberg, Karlsruhe, Nuremberg, Augsburg, Regensburg and many other cities. For many of those participating, it was their first experience of a demonstration or political protest.

Banner in Wiesbaden calls for free education

They carried banners and posters demanding “Equal chancesâ€

Quote:
    "In addition, students protested against the European-wide introduction of a bachelor’s degree system, which forces them to cram an enormous quantity of material in just three years—at the expense of proper scientific study."

I had not realized, and it is indeed frightening, that this much uniformity and conformity is being imposed within the European Union, reaching even into individual nation's educational systems! Ignacious Loyola, founder of the Roman Catholic teaching Jesuit Order ("Soldiers of Christ") wrote, "Give me a boy when he is four, and he is mine for life." So, indeed, everyone within the Union evidently now will be specifically educated to be "Europeans" from their earliest years, and schooled under a uniform, continent-wide system?
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)