Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree22Likes

Thread: Thousands Drop off Food Stamp Rolls in Georgia After State Implements Work Requiremen

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Those in GA that really need food stamps and are not disabled will not be deterred by the work/volunteer requirement, those that just get them because they can will drop off. Many thousands of people in this country are getting food stamps even though they do not qualify to get them. That is what this is all about the waste and the fraud. They are giving food stamps to people who make 150% above the poverty level, I could even get them in this state if I was an illegal alien and I work.
    Freedom isn't free... Don't forget the men who died and gave that right to all of us....
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

States also need to get tough on the "free school lunch" program. What a fraud that is. 2 or 3 years ago I researched this and 60% of our K-12 were on "free school lunch" program. So that tells you a couple of things. Poor people are having kids they shouldn't have and the government is already giving them food stamps which is calculated on 3 meals a day per person so who is signing up for "free school lunch"? Illegal aliens and people who can't afford to feed their own kids lunch even with food stamps. So who pays for the "free school lunch"? The other 40% many of whom have to dig for change to feed their own kids because they're taxed to pay for Medicaid, Food Stamps and "Free school lunch" for people who a) shouldn't even be in our country and b) are having kids they can't afford to raise.

The whole scenario is insane. Our poor country is under siege of the poor, stupid, illegal and hands-out crowd led by insane loons.

Get the illegal aliens out of the country, all of them, families intact, no child left behind.

Get poor people off of Medicaid maternity benefits, poor people can not continue to be paid to breed children they can't afford to raise.

Get Smart and Stop this DemoQuack Insanity.
    A Nation Without Borders Is Not A Nation - Ronald Reagan
    Save America, Deport Congress! - Judy

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Quote Originally Posted by Judy View Post
    You don't have to start a charity, you can volunteer for an existing one. They're all over the place, a dime a dozen, like churches. You can volunteer to help your church do stuff, too. They're 501 C 3's and most of them need all types of volunteers to do stuff.
    I don't think you understand my concern. I don't see a public assistance recipient as being forced to start a charity. My concern is that if you force people on public assistance to "volunteer" for a charity you have a state sponsored means of securing free labor. If the state is the obstacle to getting free labor from public assistance recipients, then necessarily the state is a target for corruption from interested people who wish to prop up some project using free labor coerced from the unemployed on public assistance.

Why hire people when you can get their labor for free and especially if you have connections in state government?

Meanwhile charities do have paid employees and sometimes employment is very lucrative. Getting free labor for these charities makes the paid employment even more lucrative.

It is a recipe for corruption and crass exploitation.

It would be a good idea to offer volunteer opportunities to those who are unemployed and on public assistance. Many people on public assistance would be happy to work just for the satisfaction of working and many already do volunteer.
    Support ALIPAC'sFIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Oh I totally understand pkskyali. It is free forced labor and the charities should have to pay them after 1 week of volunteerism. Also, it's slave labor because the benefit per person of food stamps is only $126 a month, so to force someone to volunteer at a charity 20 hours a week which is 80 hours a month to receive $126 in food stamps means their labor is only worth about $1.50 an hour. They need jobs, good part-time or full-time jobs.

Carrier in Indiana is cheating on their deal with the President. They're shifting 600 jobs to Mexico instead of 300. When I have to replace two units soon here at my house I was going to look into Carrier. Well, no more. I'll just replace the heat pumps with existing brand and put it off as long as possible. We have to fight for these jobs for our people. Trump is right, it's all about the jobs. Every poverty problem we have is related in one way or another to bad trade and immigration problems. It's time to slap on the tariffs. If Congress had moved swiftly on the health insurance plan and be farther along with the tax reform plan, maybe some of this could be avoided without new tariffs, but Congress decided to hold out, delay, take their vacations and breaks and here we are when it's almost June and who knows ... Congress isn't doing it right, they still really don't get it. They don't see the whole plan, all they see is their little microcosm of donors.

The solution to the food stamp program is while we still have these phony 501 C 3 "charities" is for the "charities" to feed the poor, not have the poor feed the charities with free forced slave labor in exchange for food worth 1/8 of their labor under our minimum wage laws. What I expect will happen is that those Americans who fall into this work/volunteer to receive will tell them to take their food stamps and stuff 'em where the sun don't shine, and rightly so. It's time for Americans to pull themselves up by the boot-straps, get out there and fight and demand their jobs back, and don't take no for an answer. This is our country and we decide what happens here. No American without a job should be humiliated by not having enough food to eat because they don't have enough money to buy groceries because some illegal alien, legal visa worker or green card holder stole their JOB.

STOP ALL OF THIS IMMIGRATION NOW.

We need a 10 to 20 Year Moratorium on All Immigration, and we need it now.
    A Nation Without Borders Is Not A Nation - Ronald Reagan
    Save America, Deport Congress! - Judy

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12