Users Browsing this Thread
There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)
- 03-07-2012, 09:21 PM #1
Time to Make Some Noise for NDAA Nullification In Tennessee!
Blog calls for action to Tennesse lawmakers to vote down NDAA.
Time to Make Some Noise for NDAA Nullification in Tennessee! – Tenth Amendment Center Blog
Time to Make Some Noise for NDAA Nullification in Tennessee!
Posted by Lesley Swann
As of now, the Law Enforcement Communications Act (HB2619/SB2669)has been taken off notice in the General Subcommittee of the House Judiciary Committee. The reason is that there has been so much opposition to the legislation, specifically from Republican members of the subcommittee, that the sponsor, Rep. Bill Dunn, has taken it off notice to prevent it from getting voted down.
Quite simply, the only way to get this bill passed is to call down the thunder and lightning on these legislators in the form of phone calls and e-mails to insist that they pass this bill. If we don’t raise a torrential storm of calls and e-mails, this bill will go nowhere.
It’s time to make some noise Tennesseans, and stop the NDAA in its tracks!
1. Contact the members of the subcommittee and demand that they pass HB2619/SB2669 without weakening it in any way. Be polite but firm and let them know that if they do not pass this bill, you will work hard to make sure that they are not in office in 2013. Keep in mind that we are getting opposition from legislators in both political parties.
General Subcommittee of the House Judiciary Committee
Rep. Jim Coley, Chair: Republican, District 97
207 WMB, (615) 741-8201, firstname.lastname@example.org
Rep. Vance Dennis, Vice-Chair: Republican, District 71
105 WMB, (615) 741-2190, email@example.com
Rep. Eddie Bass: Democrat, District 65
109 WMB, (615) 741-1864, firstname.lastname@example.org
(Note that Rep. Bass is a retired county sheriff himself, and has sponsored his own version of a sheriffs first bill in the past.)
Rep. Karen D. Camper: Democrat, District 87
20 LP, (615) 741-1898, email@example.com
Rep. Jon C. Lundberg: Republican, District 1
205 WMB, (615) 741-7623, firstname.lastname@example.org
Rep. Judd Matheny: Republican, District 47
205 WMB, (615) 741-7448, email@example.com
Rep. Barrett Rich: Republican, District 94
204 WMB, (615) 741-6890, firstname.lastname@example.org
Rep. Janis Baird Sontany: Democrat, District 53
32 LP, (615) 741-6861, email@example.com
Rep. Eric Watson: Republican, District 22
209A WMB, (615) 741-7799, firstname.lastname@example.org
2. If you can attend the subcommittee meeting on Wednesday, February 15 at 3:30 PM Central, please be in Nashville to attend. The schedules are listed here.
3. Contact Rep. Dunn and Sen. Campfield to thank them for sponsoring HB2619/SB2669. Assure them that you want them to continue the fight for the rights of Tennesseans.
Rep. Bill Dunn: Republican, District 16
212 WMB, (615) 741-1721, email@example.com
Sen. Stacey Campfield: Republican, District 7
306 WMB, (615) 741-1766, firstname.lastname@example.org
4. Contact your personal state representative and senator and encourage them to co-sponsor and support HB2619/SB2669. Let them know that if they do not support it, you will work hard to make sure they are not in office in 2013. Remember to be polite, but firm. You can find your the legislators for your district by clicking here and entering your street address on the left side of the screen.
5. Contact Speaker Beth Harwell and Lt. Gov. Ron Ramsey and let them know you support HB2619/SB2669 and ask them to co-sponsor it.
Speaker Beth Harwell: Republican, District 56
107 WMB, (615) 741-0709, email@example.com
Lt. Gov. Ron Ramsey: Republican, District 2
1 LP, (615) 741-4524, firstname.lastname@example.org
6. Send a link to this article to everyone you know and encourage them to call and e-mail these legislators.
7. Please consider running against any legislators in your district who do not support this bill. The deadline to file to run this year is April 5th. We need people with courage and principles to stand up against legislators who lack the moral courage to do the right thing.
Lesley Swann is a Co-Host for Tenther Radio, the state chapter coordinator for the Tennessee Tenth Amendment Center, and founder of the East Tennessee 10th Amendment Group. She is a native of Anderson County, Tennessee.
- 03-07-2012, 09:28 PM #2
Lawmakers Pick Fight With Feds Over Public Lands