Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Top Republican supporters accuses voters of whining

That's it, the Republican party has sealed it's fate. They have totally shown their true colors and think we are nothing, but a bunch of spoiled brats. Can you believe these people? If this is what they think of us, then they can kiss my arse. Have fun on the unemployment line you worthless bunch of clowns. Once again these empty suits think they know what's best for us.

http://insider.washingtontimes.com/arti ... 5634-7883r

Conservatives hit for 'whining' over turnout

By Ralph Z. Hallow
    THE WASHINGTON TIMES
    October 20, 2006

Top Republican Party supporters yesterday accused fellow conservatives of "whining" in response to complaints from activists worried that grass-roots Republican voters are disillusioned and will stay home on Nov. 7.
    Grover Norquist, a close associate of White House political strategist Karl Rove, dismissed concerns about voter turnout as empty threats.
    "There are always in every election cycle self-appointed conservative leaders who announce, 'You haven't done enough for me, so my troops are staying home,' " Mr. Norquist said.
    "The National Rifle Association, Americans for Tax Reform, the [National] Right to Life Committee -- the groups that actually put lead on the target and who do stuff all the time, they're not unhappy," Mr. Norquist said. "The people who are whining are the guys that don't have grass roots that they can actually move. So they are frustrated, and they don't have anything to do other than threaten not to participate."
    Mr. Norquist was not alone in criticizing remarks in yesterday's edition of The Washington Times by Family Research Council President Tony Perkins and Republican pollsters and consultants, who expressed concern about lack of enthusiasm among conservative voters.
    On his top-rated radio talk show, Rush Limbaugh yesterday denounced disillusioned Republican voters as "cut-and-run conservatives" and said those worried about turnout were just trying "to make a name for themselves."
    "I think a lot of people want to matter," Mr. Limbaugh told his millions of national listeners. "They want to have power. They feel powerless, and if they think they can [mess] it up for somebody else by getting noticed and doing that, then they feel like they've got some power, so there could be all kinds of things at play here."
    Conservative leaders told The Times that, while they have heard complaints from voters dismayed by a range of issues from runaway spending to immigration, they have become more concerned since Rep. Mark Foley of Florida resigned in a sex scandal, which they say has discouraged many "values voters" who helped push President Bush to victory in the 2004 election.
    But Mr. Limbaugh said those worries were "conventional wisdom" inspired by liberals urging conservatives to "stay home and give the election to the Democrats."
    "Have you noticed the conventional wisdom has spread, and now it's become commonplace in everybody's thinking? It is so pervasive a theme: Republicans staying home, conservatives fed up, not going to the polls because of Foley and whatever else."
    The finger-pointing among conservatives is an ill omen, said Republican media consultant Craig Shirley.
    "You know things are bad when the members of the leper colony start fighting with each other," Mr. Shirley said.
    Mr. Norquist's description of "whining" conservative leaders telling their "troops" to stay home on Election Day prompted a puzzled response from Mr. Perkins.
    "I've not heard anyone say that," the FRC president said. "He should wait until someone says it to break out the talking points."
    In fact, social-conservative groups are continuing efforts to mobilize voters.
    "Stand and be counted," was the subject line on an e-mail that Concerned Women for America sent yesterday to its supporters.
    "Will you vote your values this election, or will you remain silent?" the CWA e-mail said, telling conservatives: "Don't stay home on Election Day. Forfeiting your right to vote -- no matter how disenchanted you are -- is no way to protest moral corruption."
    Mr. Perkins said his own group has worked hard to motivate social conservatives, citing last month's "Value Voters Summit" in Washington and a "Justice Sunday" event last weekend in Boston that was co-sponsored by Colorado-based Focus on the Family and televised via satellite by churches nationwide.
    But Merrill Matthews, policy analyst at the Institute for Policy Innovation, a free-market think tank, said Republicans are also worried about complaints from economic conservatives.
    "It's ironic that social conservatives seem to be so upset with the administration," said Mr. Matthews, noting that the Republican Party's "libertarian faction is complaining that the president hasn't focused enough on the bread-and-butter economic issues."
    Those concerns were echoed by David Boaz, executive vice president of the Cato Institute and author of a new study on libertarian voters.
    "The war looks like a mistake, and Republicans have been spending worse than Democrats," Mr. Boaz said. "Both libertarians and social conservatives are disgusted with the Cunningham, Abramoff and Foley scandals. They're thinking that maybe the Republicans have been in power too long and don't deserve another term."
    Republican campaign pollster Rick Shaftan said Mr. Norquist's criticisms were misdirected.
    "Grover's answer is to blame conservatives for the GOP's problems," Mr. Shaftan said. "This is exactly why people are disillusioned. Those of us not on the [Republican National Committee] payroll do not feel the same obligation to spout the party line."
    Despite such complaints, Mr. Matthews said, the Republican Party's election turnout machinery may yet save the day on Nov. 7.
    "One never wants to underestimate the ability of Karl Rove and his team to turn out the vote," he said.
    Please support our fight against illegal immigration by joining ALIPAC's email alerts here https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Grover Norquist is one of the main architects of this invasion.

W
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Another thing and I'm about to get frank with you people here. Any of you think about voting these Rino's back in because that's what this is all about, ask yourselves these questions. Which party is responsible for the following horrendous left wing legislations passing or close to passing or being considered:

1. No child left behind (Republicans)
    2. Prescription drug bill (Republicans)
    3. Big government spending (Republicans)
    4. Illegal alien amnesty in the Senate (Republicans)
    5. Iraq war (Republicans)
    6. Tax breaks for big business and big oil (Republicans)
    7. Cafta (Republicans)
    8. SPP (Republicans)
    9. Mass illegal and legal immigration over the last 6 years (Republicans)
    10. Expanding the size of government (Republicans)
    11. Mass debt (Republicans)
    12. Loss of jobs over the last six years (Republicans)
    13. Nation building that's been responsible for many lives lost and trillions wasted (Republicans, especially from the a-hole who said during the 2000 campaign, oh we aren't going to get into that nation building stuff if I become president which was the sole reason I voted for that jackarse back in 2000, lying sack of crap)

9-11 (Event that happened on the Republicans watch)

Do I need to go on? Yet the Republicans think that we should just shut up and reward them for their incompetence. Unfkingbelieveable. If I hear one more time how things will be worse if the Dems win back control I will totally throw up. HOW COULD IT POSSIBLY BE WORSE? Answer is it can't. We are in hell right now as a nation and the Republicans have put us in that position. On top of all this garbage, the world hates us, Iran and NK are becoming nuclear, China is growing into a superpower and a huge problem no thanks to our Republicrat politicans.

NO IT CAN'T GET ANY WORSE. WHY SHOULD I VOTE FOR TRAITOROUS REPUBLICAN POLITICANS WHO WANT TO CONTINUE TO KEEP THE STATUS QUO AND PROVIDE NO SOLUTIONS TO THE PROBLEMS THEY CREATED? YOU GUYS ARE NO BETTER THAN THE DEMS. YOU ARE ALL GARBAGE. YOU ARE ALL NOTHING, BUT A BUNCH OF GUTLESS COWARDS. YOU CALL US CUT AND RUN, SCREW YOU GUYS. YOU GUYS CUT AND RAN FROM YOUR BASE YEARS AGO AND YOU EXPECT US TO CONTINUE TO BACK YOU. YOU HAVE TO GIVE TO GET AND YOU'VE GIVEN US NOTHING, BUT EMPTY RHETORIC AND BROKEN PROMISES. YOU PEOPLE THINK YOUR ABOVE THE LAW, BUT YOUR NOT ABOVE THE VOTERS. I WILL NOT SHED ONE TEAR WHEN YOU POMPOUS ARROGANT SOB'S GET TAKEN TO THE CLEANERS IN NOVEMBER. YOU ARE DON'T DESERVE TO BE CALLED REPUBLICANS YOU BUNCH OF PHONY PREMADONNAS. TOM TANCREDO IS A REAL REPUBLICAN AND A REAL AMERICAN AND YOU JOKERS COULDN'T SHINE HIS SHOES LET ALONE WALK IN THEM. YOU GUYS ARE AN ABSOLUTE JOKE AND COME NOVEMBER THE JOKES ON YOU. IT COULD BE WORSE, YOU ALL COULD BE IN A PRISON CELL WHICH IS WHAT YOU REALLY DESERVE.
    Please support our fight against illegal immigration by joining ALIPAC's email alerts here https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

HOW COULD IT POSSIBLY BE WORSE? Answer is it can't.
    Dman, I do understand your frustration with the Reps as well. However if the Dems get power, plan on higher taxes and the amnesty right out of the gate, and all our efforts will be in vain.

I wish a slew of independents would get elected this time. I'm sick of both parties.
    "Doing the same thing over and over again and expecting the same results is the definition of insanity. " Albert Einstein.

Dman,

When you attack Republicans, would you mind making it clearer that you are not attacking Republican supporters of ALIPAC and the good Republicans in Congress?

Keep in mind that without the efforts of around 50 REPUBLICANS in DC, you would already have a Guest Worker amnesty for illegal aliens here in America and almost NO official resistance to this in DC.

The upper echelons of both the Democratic and Republican parties are under the control of the Globalists and to simply run this way or that on party just will not work.

Here in NC it is the Democrats that are in charge and helping the illegal aliens and many good Republicans are trying to challenge that this year.

W
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

My op ed to the Washington Times on this article:

I want to take exception to the disgraceful comments made by Grover Norquist concerning how us conservatives who refuse to turnout to the polls are nothing, but whiners. Even called us cut and run conservatives which seems to be their most overused cliche these days. Once again guys like Norquist thinks he knows what's best for us. So let me get this straight, they think we should just shut up and reward these do nothing Republicans who have stabbed us in the back time and time again over the last 6 years by voting them back into office? Yet the only ammo they have to go on is the lesser of the two evils argument.

Let me give a history lesson to those conservatives who think that we should go out to the polls in droves and reward the Republicans for their incompetence and corruption. Over the last 6 years which party has been responisble for 9-11 happening, the fallout of the Iraq war, illegal alien amnesty passing the Senate, the big government spending spree, being on the hook for rebuilding two nations, massive debts, outsourcing of our jobs, CAFTA, no child left behind, prescription drug entitlement bills, totalization social security agreements with Mexico, mass immigration of legal and illegal aliens, tax breaks for big oil companies and businesses who send jobs overseas, proposing SPP and a NAFTA superhighway from Mexico to Canada cutting right through our country for the soul purpose of the free flow of cheap goods and people?

That would be the Republican party. Yet RNC shills like Norquist and Limbaugh think that they can mobilize and endear us conservatives by demeaning us like this? Who are they kidding? They will be lucky they only lose their majorities in both houses by a slim margin. Yet they keep telling us that if the Democrats win power that it will get worse. Well exactly how can it get any worse? President Bush and this do nothing congress have pushed a left wing agenda alot faster then the Democrats could ever hoped to dream of. None of the things I mentioned in this letter that have come to pass over the last six years would have passed muster had a Democratic president been in charge because the Republicans would have risen up and said no. See the lesser of the two evils sometimes is actually worse and in this case it is the cold hard truth. When Clinton was in charge, the Republicans did everything in their power to stop Clinton from shoving a left wing agenda down our throats, but when Bush wants it, they give it to him. Do you see where I'm going with this?

Bottomline is conservatives will not turn out to vote for these do nothing Republicans. They are not going to vote to keep the status quo. You can only use the lesser of the two evils card so many times. Republicans will be voted out en masse and they have no one to blame, but themselves. If they had stuck to their true conservative principles and not taken on a left wing globalist agenda then the voters would have rewarded them with reelection. The fact that shills like Norquist and Limbaugh are demeaning those who treaten to stay home just speaks of their arrogance. If they think that kind of rhetoric is going to spark a mass conservative voter turnout then it's they who are the ones that are disillusioned. They are disillusioned by their own arrogance, lies and deceipt.

I know that even though Republicans will be voted out en masse, I know which Republicans will keep their seats. It will be Republicans like Tom Tancredo and James Sensenbrenner who do their jobs and serve in the best interest of American and not in the interest of corrupt corporate/foreign lobbyists and international elites. They are the real Republicans who stand up for true conservative values and don't masquerade as a fraud in order to push a left wing agenda. Message to Republicans, if you want to retain your seat, start following the example of leadership set by the Tom Tancredo's and the James Sensenbrenner's of the world.

Dman,

When you attack Republicans, would you mind making it clearer that you are not attacking Republican supporters of ALIPAC and the good Republicans in Congress?
    I know that even though Republicans will be voted out en masse, I know which Republicans will keep their seats. It will be Republicans like Tom Tancredo and James Sensenbrenner who do their jobs and serve in the best interest of American and not in the interest of corrupt corporate/foreign lobbyists and international elites. They are the real Republicans who stand up for true conservative values and don't masquerade as a fraud in order to push a left wing agenda. Message to Republicans, if you want to retain your seat, start following the example of leadership set by the Tom Tancredo's and the James Sensenbrenner's of the world.

================================================== =====

I hope that clears things up. No I'm not attacking the Republican supporters of Alipac and the good ones in Congress. My main attack is on the do nothing Republican types, the shills that advocate their relection to office for political reasons, and those naive sheep that continue to justify reelecting them.

MW
    dman1200, I know there were some heavy hitting Republican Senators that voted for, and supported, S. 2611, but the majority of those that voted for it were Democrat. 32 of 55 Republicans voted against S. 2611, while only 4 of 44 Democrats voted against it. Over half of the Republicans in the Senate voted against S. 2611, while almost 91% of the Democrats voted for it. Basically, you are being a little disgenuous in your assessment - the Republicans, while not blame free, are not responsible for S. 2611 getting passed. If the same percentage of Democrats would have voted against it as did the percentage of Republicans, the bill wouldn't have come close to passing. Seems to me you're directing all your frustration at 23 Republicans that voted yea, but none at the 40 Democrats that voted yea.

I would never dream of suggesting who someone should vote for, but IMO, your are hurting the cause of anti-illegal immigrant activist and advocates that have made the illegal immigration issue their top priority. Anyone that suggest we vote out all Republicans is obviously very unaware of the situation we are in or is a die in the wool Democrat. I don't begrudge your party affiliation, but many of us on ALIPAC have decided to leave our party affiliations out of this argument and are attempting to do whatever is necessary to stop an illegal immigrant amnesty and guest worker program. After reading your post, it has become apparently clear that your agenda is more about removing Republicans from office, not preventing an illegal immigrant amnesty and massive guest worker program.

Sorry, just calling it the way I see it.

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn