Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

South West Florida (Behind friendly lines but still in Occupied Territory)

Trust Obama: You’re Crazy - 2nd Amendment

Trust Obama: You’re Crazy

Wednesday, May 29, 2013 13:35
    (Before It's News)

National Association for Gun Rights

Colorado -–(Ammoland.com)- Do you trust President Obama?

After his administration’s gun-running scandal, the IRS’ targeting of pro-limited government groups and the Justice Department’s wiretapping of reporters, I’m sure you think it’s insane for me to even bother asking you that question.

But to President Obama and his anti-gun pals, you’re likely the crazy one.

I don’t want to whitewash true mental health issues that many Americans suffer from one bit. But President Obama and his anti-gun allies aren’t playing fair. They use buzz words and outright lies to cover their agenda and stampede weak-kneed politician.

So-called “universal background checks” are really code for national gun registration. “Anti-gun trafficking legislation” is really code for handing the ATF the power to terrorize law-abiding gun owners.

And the new “mental health” restrictions President Obama is pushing are a scheme to hand the federal government massive new powers to strip Americans of their Second Amendment rights on a whim and without trial or appeal.

When Congress takes up gun control again – likely in just a few weeks, perhaps to distract from the unfolding Obama scandals – this is where I fear this fight could be headed.

You see, none of the lies gun-grabbers have told about the cold reality of their legislative schemes have gained more traction than this one.

In fact, many self-described “pro-gun” Members of Congress are pushing for new “mental health restrictions.”

The National Rifle Association even took the step of endorsing a new National Mental Health Database!

When I first heard that news, I couldn’t help but shake my head.

How naïve can you be?

Laws are already on the books designed to prevent those adjudicated mentally unstable or dangerous from owning firearms. But to the gun-grabbers, that doesn’t go far enough.

The power they crave is the preemptive power to strip law-abiding citizens of their gun rights based on the most spurious of charges or a mental health counselors report (possibly required under Obamacare reporting) — without adjudication.

And the gun-grabbers believe the groundwork has already been laid to classify as many Americans as possible as mentally unstable, including:

• *** News reports that nearly 30% of the nearly 900,000 Iraq and Afghanistan War vets treated by the Department of Veterans Affairs have been diagnosed with PTSD.

These astounding figures only add to the hundreds of thousands of military veterans whose reward for serving their country in war is the loss of their Second Amendment rights;

• *** New estimates by the World Health Organization that roughly one in five American youngsters will have some sort of mental health problems every year;
    • *** Estimates by U.S. Surgeon General Steven Galson that 46.4% of Americans experience some sort of mental illness during their lives!

To the gun-grabbers, disarming up to 50% of the American population within a year or two’s time sounds like a dream come true.

Have you ever gone through a traumatic experience?

Have you ever lost a friend or family member?
    If you’ve complained to the wrong person or if you’ve been prescribed anything, that could be enough for you to lose your gun rights.

And ObamaCare’s massive national ObamaCare database provides just the tool they need to make it happen.

Once the “box is checked” next to your name, your gun rights could be gone . . .
    But President Obama will play fair, right?
    Only truly mentally disabled people will be affected, right?

I can’t imagine trusting any President of either political party with this kind of power over our God-given liberties, let alone this one.

But now you and I are learning that the woman who oversaw the targeting and harassment of nonprofit pro-liberty organizations for President Obama is now overseeing ObamaCare compliance at the IRS!

Do you really think “political concerns” won’t come into play?

Can you really trust that -- should President Obama gain this massive power – those with the “wrong” religious or political beliefs won’t be targeted?
    I can’t.

But if all our elected officials were saints, this scheme won’t work.
    I know no one wants to run into a madman with a gun. But the truth is, criminals, killers and sickos don’t get their guns legally. Like the Newtown, Connecticut murderer, they often steal them.

The gun-grabbers’ so-called “Mental Health Restrictions” scheme is every bit as dangerous as the Feinstein Gun or so-called “Background Check” GUN REGISTRATION schemes.

And I’m afraid it could be the toughest for you and me to defeat. The most attractive lie is the one politicians fall for the easiest.

You and I have held off the gun-grabbers’ assaults so far. But you and I both know the fights are only going to get more intense. The stakes are only going to get higher.

For Freedom,Dudley Brown
    Executive Vice President

About: The National Association for Gun Rights is a nonprofit, nonpartisan, single-purpose citizens’ organization dedicated to preserving and protecting the Constitutionally protected right-to-keep-and-bear-arms through an aggressive program designed to mobilize public opposition to anti-gun legislation. The National Association for Gun Rights’ mailing address is P.O 7002, Fredericksburg, VA 22404. They can be contacted toll-free at 1-877-405-4570. Its web address is www.NationalGunRights.org

Editorial Disclaimer: The opinions and views expressed above do not necessarily reflect those of the staff, AmmoLand Shooting Sports News, or other sponsors and partners. See the Editorial-Review Process for more details

http://beforeitsnews.com/survival/20...y-2475142.html
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)