Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

US Determined To Attack Iran Despite The Facts

By Jason Leopold
    The Public Record
    Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Iran Not Pursuing Nuclear Weapon, But U.S. Determined to Attack

Published in : Nation/World

In 2002, Scott Ritter, the former Chief United Nations Weapons Inspector In Iraq, publicly accused the Bush administration of lying to Congress and the public about assertions that Iraq was hiding a chemical and biological weapons arsenal.

By speaking out publicly, Ritter emerged as one of the most prominent whistleblowers since Daniel Ellsberg leaked the Pentagon Papers to The New York Times in the early 1970s.

Ritter’s criticisms about the Bush administration’s flawed prewar Iraq intelligence have been borne out by numerous investigations and reports, including one recently published by the Senate Armed Services Committee that found President George W. Bush, Vice President Dick Cheney, and other senior administration officials knowingly lied about the threat Iraq posed to the United States.

Now Ritter, who was a Marine Corps intelligence officer for 12 years, is speaking out about what he sees as history repeating itself regarding U.S. policy toward Iran and the inevitability of a U.S.-led attack on the country, which he believes will happen prior to a new president being sworn into office in January 2009.

“We’re going to see some military activity before the new administration is sworn in.â€

“It’s becoming increasingly clear that John McCain is not going to become the next president of the United States of America,
    This is the first I've heard of this. Anyone else hear of this? Any proof?
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by SicNTiredInSoCal
    “It’s becoming increasingly clear that John McCain is not going to become the next president of the United States of America,
    This is the first I've heard of this. Anyone else hear of this? Any proof?
    That's just one person's opinion. I haven't heard that either. Personally, I feel it won't matter who becomes President when it comes to foreign policy, as both candidates take their marching orders from AIPAC and not the Constitution. However, if the GOP can successfully play the fear card and manipulate the public again, McCain will probably get in. As I see it, either way we're screwed!