Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

I hold my feet up to these Muslims! And wave with my left hand!
    I hold my feet up to them and wave my middle finger.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Who wants to divide and conquer "We the People"? Many self interest groups of people.

In the interest of what? and for who?
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

April
    We won Round 1, please help with Round 2!!!!

http://www.alipac.us/ftopicp-921143.html#921143

Quote Originally Posted by SicNTiredInSoCal
    I hold my feet up to these Muslims! And wave with my left hand!
    I hold my feet up to them and wave my middle finger.
    HAHAHA!! Nice one SoCal.

Personally, I want ALL religion out of school. There is no place for it, especially when REAL science is ignored to try to fit religious stories. No, the earth isn't 7000 years old (FOSSILS) and man didn't ride on T-Rex's.
    We see so many tribes overrun and undermined

While their invaders dream of lands they've left behind

Better people...better food...and better beer...

Why move around the world when Eden was so near?
    -Neil Peart from the song Territories&

Welcome, informed! And I agree religion should be a practice confined to the home, not shoved down the throats of those with different faiths.
    Demanding accommodation of their faith at the expense of lost worktime or lost time teaching is insane.
    Public-supported schools need to address the needs of everyone of every ilk for an education in how to get along in this society, and expanding a child's ability to think about all issues broadly, not being narrowed to what the theological texts and common religious ideology demand they think.

Perhaps the kiddies should be subjected to thinking along the lines that secular society demands, then we can all end up in the same mess we are in now? (how far?)

Sorry Mam, you are too old, time for you to take a long nap. Nighty night.

I don't think social or relgious issues should be taught in school period, except for when in a school fight and you should be taught not to fight and get along but other than that just the 3 R's.

Did "informed" leave us? I do not see his comments anymore
    "When you have knowledge,you have a responsibility to do better"_ Paula Johnson

"I did then what I knew to do. When I knew better,I did better"_ Maya Angelou

roundabout, what is wrong with secular teaching in public schools? Schools need to teach reading, writing, math, history, etc., but not imprinted with religious philosophy. There are plenty of private schools to send a child to run by various religious groups, including Muslims and Catholics, evangelical Christians, etc. where parents can send their children at their own expense.
    I don't want my grandkids taught that Allah is great, or to sacrifice an animal to atone for sins, like some Santaria believers do or any other version of "religion" that seem to spring up.
    As I said before public schools, which every taxpayer's dollars support need to be as generic as possible, teaching the fundamental skills needed in this country and religion should be left to the home and chuch, synagogue, mosque, or even the wooded glen where Wiccans worship.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast