Video: Cop Causes Man To Lose Testicle During Traffic Stop - Officer seized phone, deleted footage

Video: Cop Causes Man To Lose Testicle During Traffic Stop

Officer seized phone, deleted footage

by Steve Watson May 21, 2014

An Albuquerque man who was arrested for failing to stop at a stop sign and DWI last month refused to comply with an officer’s order to sit on the curb. The result – the officer attacked him with such force that he lost a testicle.
UNM law student Jeremy Martin is seen in the video asking to be let go. When the cop, Pablo Padilla, threatens to mace Martin, he replies “Mace me. Mace me, please. I would love for you to mace me. That would be fantastic.”
Padilla then pulls out a taser as martin refused to comply with the sit down order.

The incident then breaks down into a scuffle, during which the officer knees Martin in the groin with such force that doctors later had to remove one of his testicles in an emergency surgery.

In the footage the following exchange takes place:
Martin: Sir sir sir (scuffle)
Police: Turn around
Police: Turn around
Martin: Stop using aggressive force. Don’t kick me in the nuts. Aw you motherf*****
Police: Get on the ground
Martin: Don’t kick me in the… Aw you f*****
Martin then repeatedly attempts to stand up, while Padilla yells at him to stop resisting.
Padilla is also seen seizing a phone that Martin’s friend was using to film the incident. The officer deleted the footage that was taken, but a document of the exchange was captured on the officer’s lapel camera. The footage was subsequently acquired and publicized by KRQE News.
Padilla was placed on desk duty following the incident. The Albuquerque police department says it will investigate Martin’s “allegations”.
Martin’s attorney has stated that there is no justification for the injuries, and they plan to file a federal lawsuit against APD. The attorney noted that in the initial police report, no mention was made of Martin’s injury.
Officer Padilla’s account of the incident has been made public:

The Albuquerque Police Department has come under intense criticism and scrutiny recently following a spate of incidents of police brutality, including the cold blooded killing of a homeless man, footage of which went viral online.
Residents have stormed city council meetings and even forced councilors to flee during raucous protests.
Demonstrators have served a “people’s arrest warrant” against Albuquerque police chief Gorden Eden, and have also called for the removal of Mayor Richard Berry.
Albuquerque law enforcement officers having been responsible for 40 shootings since 2010, of which 25 were fatalities. The U.S. Justice Department also released a report last month which called for institutional reform to stem “patterns of excessive force” that have dogged the police department.

Hat tip: PINAC

—————————————————————-
Steve Watson is a London based writer and editor for Alex Jones’ Infowars.com, andPrisonplanet.com. He has a Masters Degree in International Relations from the School of Politics at The University of Nottingham, and a Bachelor Of Arts Degree in Literature and Creative Writing from Nottingham Trent University.

http://www.infowars.com/video-cop-ca...-traffic-stop/