Page 4 of 41 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

April
    That is certainly your choice. If you have the documentation including reasons why the ACLU is supporting the petition for Bush Impeachment, please post it. I think it would be interesting to all of us.

That is certainly your choice.
    You love that saying, don't you? I know... it's my choice...it's your choice...we got it. Thank God for choices.

If you have the documentation including reasons why the ACLU is supporting the petition for Bush Impeachment, please post it. I think it would be interesting to all of us.
    I'm not sure why it is my responsibilty to prove anything, since it was your post to start, that was promoting the ACLU but here it goes...

If you look on the very first post of this thread (yours) and go to:
    http://impeachbush.meetup.com/

Popular Meetups with Activists to Impeach Bush
    Against Bush
    Stop the Patriot Act
    Democratic Underground
    Election Reform
    9/11 Questions
    Fight Big Media
    Liberals
    Peace
    ACLU
    Prochoice

We all know the ACLU hates George Bush. I will not disgrace myself by posting their slimey website here. If you don't mind injuring your corneas, read all of the nasty things that they have to say about our President.

Please know that when I wrote the notice about the ACLU, it was not directed at you, but at others who may want to know. You and I have already agreed to disagree.

Don't believe me? Here is another one...also from the first post on this thread:

http://www.impeachbush.tv/links/activists.html
    Activists
    ACLU - American Civil Liberties Union - very busy these days
    Amnesty International - international human rights watchdog
    cleanoutthewhitehouse.org - lots of ideas for grassroots action
    CommonValues.org - identify values and specific actions to unite our country
    Democracy Now - listener sponsored media from Pacifica Radio, lots of information
    Democrats.com - independant community of progressive democrats
    Human Rights First - international human rights watchdog
    International A.N.S.W.E.R - Act Now to Stop War and Racism, organizes rallys
    Michael Moore - muckraker, film-maker, "Fahrenheit 9/11", "Bowling for Columbine", author of "Stupid White Men",
    MoveOn.org - very well organized and effective PAC for liberal and moderate causes. Visit to sign petitions or contribute to candidates.
    Petitions Online - provides free online hosting of public petitions for responsible public advocacBumper Stickers, Posters, etc.
    Progressive Democrats of America - organizing nationwide for impeachment

April
    Neese, I thought you might be refering to a separate article with documented information. So sorry I misunderstood. But as I said earlier, this simply means that almost everyone thinks he is doing a lousy job on some level. This petition is evidently set up for everyone to sign if they make the choice to and it is a vote to impeach Bush not a vote for the ACLU. The ACLU is a separate issue. I am sorry you are so upset. You seem to not be able to let this go. This petition is just another way for Americans to speak out and that is their right.

April
    811778 :
    the number of people
    who have already voted
    in the referendum
    to Impeach Bush!
    (figure updated daily)

April
    I found this article with one of the reasons that the ACLU is supporting the Bush Impeachment. I thought I would share.

By the NewsMax.com Staff
    For the story behind the story...

ACLU Wants Bush Impeached Over NSA Wiretaps

This article was written by Monisha Bansal, CNSNews.com Staff Writer

While White House Press Secretary Scott McClellan was asserting Monday that the National Security Agency's domestic surveillance program was a vital tool in the war against terrorism, a panel assembled by the American Civil Liberties Union was arguing that President Bush should be impeached over the spying program.

"If the political alignment in the country were otherwise, impeachment would be a no-brainer," said Laurence H. Tribe, professor of constitutional law at Harvard University.

In December, the New York Times disclosed that President Bush had authorized the NSA to tap international telephone calls that included one party suspected of terrorist activity.

Since that time the program's legality has been debated, especially over whether the president violated the law when he authorized the interception of electronic communications without first obtaining permission from the Federal Intelligence Surveillance Act (FISA) Court.

Tribe added that wiretapping is not an inherent power of the presidency. "That free flowing inherent power is the very thing we fought a revolution against."

"It violates the basic rules of the road of how you operate," said Anthony D. Romero, executive director of the ACLU. "No judge, at any level has signed a warrant for this."

John Dean, a former White House counsel during the Nixon administration, compared the Bush administration's wiretapping to the Watergate scandal. "[Bush] has made such a radical reading of his powers, not unlike Nixon. And those who have operated under his behalf have pursued that policy, so it could well end up where we were at the Nixon White House.

"There is no question in my mind that this president has already committed one or more impeachable offenses. This is pretty serious stuff. It's worse than Watergate."

But the Bush administration has aggressively defended the surveillance program.

"The terrorist surveillance program helps us to connect the dots and save lives and prevent attacks," said McClellan.

"I think most leaders understand that this is not only a necessary tool, but a vital tool in our efforts to disrupt plots and prevent attacks here at home. We will continue to listen to ideas from members of Congress and we will continue to work with them on legislation that would protect this vital program and address some of the issues that have been raised."

Copyright 2006 CNSNews.com. All Rights Reserved.

http://www.newsmax.com/archives/ic/2006 ... 3845.shtml

"In December, the New York Times disclosed that President Bush had authorized the NSA to tap international telephone calls that included one party suspected of terrorist activity."

"Since that time the program's legality has been debated, especially over whether the president violated the law when he authorized the interception of electronic communications without first obtaining permission from the Federal Intelligence Surveillance Act (FISA) Court"

CAUTION...EXTREMELY GRAPHIC PICTURES:
    http://www.homestead.com/prosites-prs/p ... 33104.html

Bush can Veto a Bill but he cannot pass a bill witout the Congress so he is not in Charge
    Every immigrant who comes here should be required within five years to learn English or leave the country.

Hit send to soon , If he was in total control and in total charge why is Abortion stilll legal??? or other agendas he has had that I for one agree with !
    Every immigrant who comes here should be required within five years to learn English or leave the country.

Banned
    Neese,

Why is it a problem for NSA to go to FISA for a warrant when they get 72 hours AFTER THE FACT to apply for it?? FISA has ALWAYS been a 'rubber-stamp' court, granting 10's of thousands of warrants while refusing only 5 in their ENTIRE HISTORY!

There can only be ONE reason to circumvent FISA, this 'new power' is completely un-Constitutional!!!

Much like his 'signing statement' giving himself the power to spy on the US Mail.

Page 4 of 41 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast