Page 5 of 41 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Quote Originally Posted by PinestrawGuys
    Neese,

Why is it a problem for NSA to go to FISA for a warrant when they get 72 hours AFTER THE FACT to apply for it?? FISA has ALWAYS been a 'rubber-stamp' court, granting 10's of thousands of warrants while refusing only 5 in their ENTIRE HISTORY!

There can only be ONE reason to circumvent FISA, this 'new power' is completely un-Constitutional!!!

Much like his 'signing statement' giving himself the power to spy on the US Mail.
    Hi Pinestrawguys, I guess that I am tired of all the red tape. There always seems to be a reason why illegals, criminals and terrorists get off the hook. It's exhausting. Even if we do catch one of them, there is always a loophole or a special interest group getting them off the hook. For once, I would love for the good guys to win. I am not doing anything wrong, so it doesn't offend me. They can look and listen all that they want. I don't feel threatened, because I am not giving them reason to. How is this any worse than giving rights to illegals, criminals and terrorists...which they are getting, because everything is so long and drawn out in our country? I am always open to hearing the other side. What do you think?

They can look and listen all that they want. I don't feel threatened, because I am not giving them reason to.
    You're not? Aren't you here opposing the overrun of the United States by illegal aliens which the administration clearly favors?
    Unemployment is not working. Deport illegal alien workers now! Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by loservillelabor
    They can look and listen all that they want. I don't feel threatened, because I am not giving them reason to.
    You're not? Aren't you here opposing the overrun of the United States by illegal aliens which the administration clearly favors?
    No, I really don't feel threatened, because all of these laws are going to get the innocent killed. At some point, common sense has to come into play. Is someone breaking the law? Then take care of it. Especially for repeat offenders, I have no mercy for those people and don't feel that we should have to jump through hoops to take care of business. It is like all of this baloney on the border. We have to vote for a fence...then we have to vote for financing...then we'll have to vote for something else. I know right from wrong and the right thing would be to put armed military on our border with order to do whatever is necessary without repercussion. I have many issues with our goverment, impeachment, however is not necessary. What good is all of this red tape going to do us when we are all murdered by terrorist? We have people in our own country defending the terrorists(?) I don't get it.

Quote Originally Posted by PatrioticSandra
    Bush can Veto a Bill but he cannot pass a bill witout the Congress so he is not in Charge
    But he can (and does, more than any previous president) add a "signing statement" to indicate what he interprets a bill to mean, then act accordingly.
    It's like hell vomited and the Bush administration appeared.

Just food for thought...Bush has had to deal with more devastating circumstances than any other President that I can think of (war, natural disasters, terrorism, wimpy allies, crazy world leaders, a biased media, unpatriotic citizens...the list goes on). I think that it is easy to play monday morning quarter back, but I think that we need to look at the big picture. This man has access to information that we will never get. We do not know all of the threats that have faced our nation, and most of us do not have a military background. No matter how much information we have, we will never have all that our President does. What Presient is going to sabotage his reputation on purpose? I have heard many conspiracy theories here, and I listen to them and try to decipher the information. I do believe that there is an ounce of truth in many of them, but I think when you get a group of people together, the truth can be exaggerated because people's passion gets in the way of hard fact.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Neese
    Hi Pinestrawguys, I guess that I am tired of all the red tape. There always seems to be a reason why illegals, criminals and terrorists get off the hook. It's exhausting. Even if we do catch one of them, there is always a loophole or a special interest group getting them off the hook. For once, I would love for the good guys to win. I am not doing anything wrong, so it doesn't offend me. They can look and listen all that they want. I don't feel threatened, because I am not giving them reason to. How is this any worse than giving rights to illegals, criminals and terrorists...which they are getting, because everything is so long and drawn out in our country? I am always open to hearing the other side. What do you think?
    While I understand and share your concern about 'red tape' and the system protecting criminals before law-abiding citizens, I don't think the abrogation of Constitutional liberties is a proper way to combat the enemies.

Let me try to clarify what I said earlier. The FISA court was established SOLELY to provide Constitutional 'cover' for agencies investigating international crime and terrorism. What I mean by 'cover' is that the investigating agencies were allowed to eavesdrop PRIOR to a lawful warrant for up to 72 hours before being required to apply for it. This gives those agencies 3 DAYS of 'legal' unconstitutionality. My guess would be that 3 days is PLENTY of time to collect evidence, based upon the ASTOUNDING approval rate for warrants issued through that court.

Giving NSA/DOD domestic carte blanche with NO JUDICIAL OVERSIGHT is NOT the way to keep our government in check.

Do you ever notice that the people who are gaining control of our country (gangs, thieves, terrorists, rapists, illegal immigrants etc...) are doing so because they are taking action? They aren't following the rules. In the meantime, we are trying to keep our government in check(?) Who do you fear more, some guy in a suit or a lunatic with a machete or a grenade? We play by the rules and they don't. Why feel proud about regulating the goverment, when our country is being taken away from us, as we are squabbling about politics? And before anybody says that our President is giving it away, take a hard look at yourself, because if we supported our goverment the way some people are supporting these criminals, the answer would be very clear. We are allowing our country to be stolen right from under us.

April
    Updated numbers:

814065 :

the number of people
    who have already voted
    in the referendum
    to Impeach Bush!
    (figure updated daily)

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Neese
    Do you ever notice that the people who are gaining control of our country (gangs, thieves, terrorists, rapists, illegal immigrants etc...) are doing so because they are taking action? They aren't following the rules. In the meantime, we are trying to keep our government in check(?) Who do you fear more, some guy in a suit or a lunatic with a machete or a grenade? We play by the rules and they don't. Why feel proud about regulating the goverment, when our country is being taken away from us, as we are squabbling about politics? And before anybody says that our President is giving it away, take a hard look at yourself, because if we supported our goverment the way some people are supporting these criminals, the answer would be very clear. We are allowing our country to be stolen right from under us.
    If it takes losing our God-given rights it's not worth it.

"The operation was a success! Unfortunately, the patient died in the middle of it."

IMHO, the Founders intended the Bill of Rights to sacrosanct, untouchable and worth fighting and dying for. Any solution to the problems that you named, "(gangs, thieves, terrorists, rapists, illegal immigrants etc...)" that takes away from those rights, is THE WRONG SOLUTION.

My 2 cents...

untouchable and worth fighting and dying for.
    That is good that you feel that way because, mark my words, we will die, a nation of fools, or worse yet, a nation of radical Islamic fools...Go ahead impeach our President, defend terrorists rights. I think you have all crossed the line posting and/or supporting this thread. And you know what? I don't care if I am here all alone for the next two years defending my country, I will do it with my head held high, because once we turn our back on our country, it will be the end of life as we know it.

Page 5 of 41 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast