Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Whoopi Goldberg: Stop calling me ‘African-American’

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Whoopi Goldberg: Stop calling me ‘African-American’

Whoopi Goldberg: Stop calling me ‘African-American’

The View” co-host Whoopi Goldberg said Tuesday that she is proud to be an American, rejecting the term “African-American” to describe herself. (ABC’s “The View”) more >

Fly with the Dragon Lady
    Washington Times
    [COLOR=#DDDDDD !important]

By Jessica Chasmar - The Washington Times - Wednesday, January 6, 2016

“The View” co-host Whoopi Goldberg said Tuesday that she is proud to be an American, rejecting the term “African-American” to describe herself.

“You know what, this is my country,” Ms. Goldberg, 60, said during on-air discussion about U.S. immigration. “My mother, my grandmother, my great-grandfolks, we busted ass to be here. Pardon me, I’m sorry.

“I’m an American. I’m not an African-American. I’m not a chick-American. I’m an American,” she added.

“I’m an American!” co-host Raven-Symone agreed. “I’ve been here too long to not just hold ‘American.’”

“Since the 1700s, my people have been here,” Ms. Goldberg continued. “So I’m an American alongside the Native Americans. That’s the bottom line.”

The other co-hosts, who are white, declined to comment on the debate.

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/...ican-american/
    NO AMNESTY

Don't reward the criminal actions of millions of illegal aliens by giving them citizenship.

Sign in and post comments here.

Please support our fight against illegal immigration by joining ALIPAC's email alerts here https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Dear Whoopi:
    I grew up in the South.
    We did not refer to you as African-American even back then.
    NO AMNESTY

Don't reward the criminal actions of millions of illegal aliens by giving them citizenship.

Sign in and post comments here.

Please support our fight against illegal immigration by joining ALIPAC's email alerts here https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Just to prove the old adage that even a broken watch is right twice a day, Ms. Goldberg finally gets something right. As TR said, we have no room for hyphenated Americans here in this nation. BTW I thought they cancelled that idiotic show.
    All that is necessary for evil to succeed is that good men do nothing. -Edmund Burke

I grew up in the Midwest and we never called black Americans "African Americans", either. That term "African Americans" originated with the the media or the government or someone other than black and white citizens.

I really like Whoopi Goldberg. I don't know all of her political stances, but I love her personality, acting skills and comedy. I wish she had her own show, it would be more interesting than the View.
    A Nation Without Borders Is Not A Nation - Ronald Reagan
    Save America, Deport Congress! - Judy

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

But she made all her business money and life in commercial movie and serial TV shows on that story that she is an african american comedian so the most funny part on her career is now that she is not anymore stange is not it