Like Tree1Likes

Thread: WND EXCLUSIVE: GUN-GRABBING COP GOES BALLISTIC: 'I'M THE MASTER!' Connecticut

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

South West Florida (Behind friendly lines but still in Occupied Territory)

WND EXCLUSIVE: GUN-GRABBING COP GOES BALLISTIC: 'I'M THE MASTER!' Connecticut

Gun-grabbing cop goes ballistic: 'I'M the master!'

The police are supposed to protect and serve the public.

But your ears may melt when you hear what one gun-grabbing officer thinks about your 2nd Amendment rights and who's REALLY in charge ...

WND EXCLUSIVE

GUN-GRABBING COP GOES BALLISTIC: 'I'M THE MASTER!'

Officer: 'I don't want to talk about the Constitution at all'

Published: 22 mins ago
    ALEX NEWMAN

A citizen’s phone call to Connecticut state police about a letter ordering gun owners to dispose of their unregistered so-called “assault” weapons and standard-capacity magazines is sending shockwaves through the national gun-rights community after being recorded and posted online.
    The letter itself has also sparked alarm.
    The heated phone conversation over the document took place amid rapidly escalating tensions between gun owners and state authorities determined to impose more gun control on the people of Connecticut.
    In the recording, state police spokesman Lt. Paul Vance, who did not know he was being recorded and told WND it was illegal to do so, can be heard telling the woman that anyone who refuses to dispose of their newly banned firearms in accordance with official instructions could face felony arrest.
    Estimates suggest the vast majority of Connecticut gun owners failed to comply with the controversial new law, with some analysts suggesting that massive statewide civil disobedience may be at work.
    Some accounts estimate that as many as 100,000 people or more could be in violation of the statute.
    The woman on the call, who goes by the name Guerrilla girl Ashley and asked WND not to print her last name, told Vance that her husband had received a letter from state authorities after failing to register his firearm by the statutory deadline.
    The instructions say gun owners must either: sell the weapon to a dealer, render it permanently inoperable, remove it from the state, or surrender it to law enforcement.
    “My question is this: What happens if my husband decides not to do this?” Ashley asks the officer, who responds by suggesting that she contact an attorney but that his understanding is that non-compliance is a felony.
    “What will happen, then, if my husband refuses? Will you come to our home to arrest him?” she asks again.
    Sounding calm and composed, Lt. Vance explains that “we haven’t crossed that bridge just yet,” that her husband could be subject to arrest, and that he did not have a “good answer” to the question.
    In either case, Vance emphasized that he would not personally be visiting gun owners, but lower-ranking officers might.
    Ashley suggested that this was a “slippery slope”” that could potentially put the police in harm’s way if they go door to door in search of unregistered firearms and gun owners.
    “We’re in harm’s way every day,” Lt. Vance responded without addressing the prospect of door-to-door gun confiscation.
    The caller then asks if the officer took an oath to the Constitution. “Did I take an oath to the Constitution?” responds Vance, who earned national notoriety in the aftermath of Sandy Hook. “What bearing does that have on this conversation?”
    Ashley goes on to argue that enforcing unconstitutional laws, which she said are all “null and void” would be a violation of his oath. He responded by saying that until the law was struck down by the courts, it was a “lawful law” that would be enforced.
    “We’re not the Gestapo, and I don’t want the inference of that,” Vance said. “Your attorney can give you advice.”
    The officer also recommended contacting state legislators to express any concerns about the law.
    “How we’re going to go about the mechanism of enforcing this law, that’s still being determined,” Vance continued.
    “I don’t want to talk about the Constitution, ma’am, at all, at all,” he added before Ashley suggested that officials were threatening families into compliance with an unconstitutional statute.
    “It sounds like you’re anti-American, it sounds like you’re anti-law,” Vance said, clearly becoming frustrated with the caller, who insisted she was in fact “pro-American.”
    Eventually, with both call participants getting riled, Ashley lashed out. “You’re going to speak to me this way, somebody that pays your salary?” she asked. “You’re a servant, you serve me…. You can refuse to follow unlawful orders!”
    “Just remember, you’re the servant, we’re the masters, OK?” she adds.
    Vance responds by saying: “I’m the master, ma’am, I’m the master.”
    Listen: (Be aware of offensive language)

Video at the Page Link:

Ashley Responds
    In a subsequent interview with WND after posting the video online, Guerrilla girl Ashley, who works as a radio-show producer, said she merely wanted to find out about the letter sent out to gun owners and what the ramifications would be for those who ignore it.
    Three elements of the conversation with Lt. Vance that were most shocking to her, she said, were: His unwillingness to discuss the Constitution, his claim that she sounded “un-American” and “anti-law,” and his reply to her statement about his role as a public servant.
    “I would say call their bluff and ignore their unlawful law, and expose them for the jackboots that they are,” she told WND, urging gun owners to defy the controversial new gun-control regime. “I am a pro-Constitution loving American that wants my republic back, and they are the un-American ones.”
    Ashley told WND that the YouTube posting of the recorded phone call, which she insists was not illegal to record because Vance is a public servant, had received a “fab response” so far.
    As of March 3, more than 75,000 people had listened to the recording, which spread like wildfire through the alternative media, gun-rights forums, blogs and more.
    “People are pissed that a public servant would have that type of tyrannical mindset,” Ashley added.
    Vance Reacts
    Vance, however, saw the matter differently.
    After first telling WND not to record the phone call, he eventually agreed to allow it.
    He said the remarks that sparked controversy were “taken out of context” and needed to be heard “in the entire context.”
    “If you listen to the conversation, I made every effort to provide the woman with the information she requested,” he said. “People just don’t understand that these were taken out of context.”
    Vance confirmed that the letters were sent out, but said there were currently no plans to go door to door confiscating firearms, as some critics who heard the recording have suggested.
    “It was just an information letter, that’s all it was,” he said about the document sent to gun owners who failed to register by the deadline.
    He also said the state of Connecticut was not planning to pursue Ashley for allegedly recording the call without permission, which he said was a violation of the law.
    All he was trying to do during the call, he emphasized, was answer Ashley’s questions and provide the best information possible.
    “We’re still doing the paperwork,” Lt. Vance said when asked about whether there had indeed been massive non-compliance with the law.
    State Gun Owners React
    Connecticut residents who spoke with WND said the mood across the state was tense – especially after a major newspaper essentially suggested rounding up everyone who failed to comply with the new law.
    “Authorities should use the background check database as a way to find assault weapon purchasers who might not have registered those guns in compliance with the new law,” The Hartford Courant said in an editorial, suggesting that longtime fears among gun owners that background checks were being used as a tool to secretly and unlawfully create a weapons registry were not unfounded.
    “A Class D felony calls for a maximum sentence of five years in prison and a $5,000 fine,” the paper continued. “If you want to disobey the law, you should be prepared to face the consequences.”
    Connecticut Citizens Defense League President Scott Wilson Sr. told WND that gun owners in the state, including him, are “very frustrated right now.”
    “We have all been put through the ringer, and the law is still not clear to many,” he explained. “Many that own types of firearms that are now banned, simply still do not know about this law.”
    He hopes the law will be repealed or overturned eventually, and CCDL is currently focusing on a federal lawsuit (Shew v Malloy) which is now headed to the appellate level.
    “If people choose not to comply, that is up to them,” he said. “I understand and believe this law will be decided as unconstitutional at some point down the road.”
    Online, contact points for state lawmakers who voted for the gun ban were appearing.
    National Gun-Rights Advocates Weigh In
    Gun Owners of America officials expressed serious concerns about the new gun control scheme in Connecticut, as well as the state government’s behavior so far.
    “Current efforts amount to little more than harassment of law-abiding citizens,” GOA legislative counsel Michael Hammond told WND, adding that the notion of imprisoning unknown numbers of otherwise law-abiding citizens was “foolish.”
    “Connecticut was one of the five most anti-gun states on the day Newtown happened,” Hammond continued. “Guns were prohibited in the school.”
    “It appears that all Connecticut succeeded in doing was advertising to Adam Lanza that he could walk in there, do whatever he wanted, and nobody could shoot back,” he added.
    When asked whether fears of potential gun confiscation and door-to-door enforcement in Connecticut were overblown, Hammond pointed to other anti-gun states with troubling developments.
    “They’re doing that in New York,” he said, “sending SWAT teams around to the homes of people who they thought had unlawful guns.”
    “In California they’ve even created a confiscation fund to seize guns from people who have mental disqualifiers, in many cases law-abiding veterans who came back after having a traumatic experience and sought counseling,” Hammond added.
    “We suspect that it is where this could all end up in Connecticut as well,” he said.

http://www.wnd.com/2014/03/gun-grabb...im-the-master/

Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

WND RELATED STORIES

Supremes shoot down state's fight for gun rights
    Gun-toting gal meets snow-shoveling shyster
    2nd Amendment supporters pick next target
    Can state limit self-defense to inside your home?
    3 dead in Maryland mall shooting
    Anti-gun mayor holds 'gay' crush hostage with gun
    Obama goal? 'Disarming of all Americans'
    Warning: Gun confiscation coming soon
    12 attorneys general: 10th Amendment 'turned on its head'
    See a shrink, lose your gun
    Hitler survivor tells Americans: 'Buy more guns!'
    Detroit police chief to citizens: Arm yourselves
    Judge: Gun waiting period 'burdens' 2nd Amendment
    Bang! Payday for man suing cops over guns
    Obama's 'clandestine' plan to make bullets vanish
    2nd Amendment not just for guns
    Obamacare coming after your guns?
    Senator quits to avoid recall over gun control
    Anti-gunners play dirty tricks in Colorado recall
    See report that undermines anti-gun rhetoric
    Come on judge! 4 years and no gun case decision?
    U.S. gov't 'buying up' AK-47 rifles
    Watch deputy face 3 armed citizens
    In crosshairs: Military base gun ban
    Obama firing off more executive orders
    Voters send explosive message on gun control
    Colorado recall a referendum on Dems' gun control
    Henry Waxman leads newest attack on guns
    Democrat manual: How to lie about gun control
    Bang! Editor fired after publishing gun-owner map
    Family fights back after 'corrupt' witness sent them to jail
    Newtown resurrected for Obama gun fight
    Obama gun-runners 'got away with it'
    Backlash! Gun-control laws nullified
    Sheriffs sue their own state over gun laws
    NRA draws line in sand over new gun laws
    Shock video makes case for high-capacity magazines
    Illinois housing gun ban defeated
    Marijuana laws new tool to ban gun ownership
    When is Piers Morgan 'moving back to England?'
    Colorado to pay piper after Dems' war on guns
    Feds sued for snatching veterans' gun rights
    Police told to choose: Gun control or Constitution
    'Evangelicals could be put on watch list, denied guns'
    Cops: Anti-gun mayor demanded sex at gunpoint
    CNN, MSNBC hype false al-Qaida claims on 'assault rifles'
    Look what's posted on Piers Morgan's lawn
    D'oh! Anti-gun Democrat makes 'bullet' gaffe
    Gun control on steroids! Insurance, registry and taxes
    Here's some good news for 2nd Amendment fans
    Ted Nugent not worried by U.N. gun grab
    Video: Can't grab guns while border on fire
    2 gun-control measures become law
    Senators aim to protect vets' gun rights
    Veterans forced to prove they're worthy of gun rights
    Gun-control battle pits sheriff vs. police chief
    NRA to feature 'urban gun enthusiast'
    Rock legend: 'No question' Obama should be impeached
    U.S. cities as bad as deadliest 3rd World countries
    See police confiscate guns from Americans
    Obama threatening veterans' gun rights
    Want to sell your gun? Not so fast!
    Look who's banning ads for guns
    Angry citizens rebuke gun-control lawmakers
    'Orwellian' bill allows search of gun-owner homes
    Feds admit: Gun laws won't slow crime
    Belafonte blasts 'white America' for black gun crimes
    Gun-grabbers Stallone, Arnold flop at box office
    Feinstein's plan bans any gun with a 'grip'?
    Feds accused of fomenting 'blood in our streets'
    Sandy Hook gun hearing draws 1,300 to testify
    22-year-old educates Piers Morgan on guns
    Feinstein bill targets parents for owning guns
    Top psychiatrist: Meds behind school massacres
    Homeland Security hoarding ammo, depriving police
    Guv's anti-gun proposals 'likely doubled' rally turnout
    Message to Obama: 'Come and take it'
    Constitution 'no impediment' to Obama
    Rush Limbaugh: Obama 'wants people to snap'
    Oops! Gun-map hate mail goes to wrong paper
    Obama plan: 'Assault-weapon' ban, universal background checks
    Background checks to lead to federal 'list'?
    Obama sued to stop gun task force
    'Obama uses kids as human shields'
    Revealed: Obama's likely executive orders on guns
    Watch journalists squirm over 'gun-free' signs
    Ted Nugent: Obama's gun-control plans 'psychotic'
    Real gun threat: Illegal-alien street gangs
    NBC reporter to face gun charges?
    White House petition: Deport CNN anchor
    'Hate speech' targets 2nd Amendment supporters
    Man ordered to surrender guns � just for blogging!

http://www.wnd.com/2014/03/gun-grabb...im-the-master/
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

[Watch] Gun-Grabbing Police Lt – I’m The Master, Ma’am, I’m The Master

Posted on 4 March, 2014 by Rick Wells

For anyone who thinks that ambush tactics might be a little unfair to the Police Department, those people might reflect upon the last speed trap they passed when considering what is and isn’t appropriate.
    A woman who identifies herself as Ashley contacts the Connecticut State Police in regards to a letter she claims to have received in response to her husband failing to meet the time window for registration of his firearm and magazine. The letter included for options available to her husband in order to avoid being a felon in possession of a previously legal weapon and magazine.
    Those options as defined in the letters being sent are:
    1) Render the weapon/magazine inoperable;
    2) Sell the weapon/magazine to a licensed dealer;
    3) Remove the assault weapon/magazine from the state; or
    4) Make arrangements to relinquish the weapon/magazine to a police department.
    She speaks with Lt. Paul Vance. Lt. Vance told WND that he was not aware that the call was being recorded and that it was illegal for Ashley to do so without his knowledge. Regardless, he’ll have a hard time un-ringing the bell.
    The Lt. is reluctant to speak about the constitutionality of the law, saying that as long as it is the law, he will enforce it. If it is unconstitutional that is for others to decide.
    While he does his best to divert the conversation and responsibility for his hypothetical response to an order of confiscation, the indication seems to be that he would follow his orders as long as the law was on the books.
    Estimates run as high as 100,000 people who may have refused to comply with the new registration mandates. The law created that many new felons, which could potentially restrict their rights to own any firearms at all.
    When asked if he took an oath to the Constitution, Vance responded asking “What bearing does that have on this conversation?” Maybe he sensed a trap, but the conversation still continued.
    A short while later Vance responds saying, “We’re not the Gestapo, and I don’t want the inference of that. Your attorney can give you advice.”
    He also suggests that she contact her state legislators regarding the issue. Ashley responds, sounding sincerely frustrated, that they don’t listen.
    Vance is also clearly frustrated with the conversation, and says “It sounds like you’re anti-American, it sounds like you’re anti-law.”
    As the conversation is deteriorating, Ashley tells Vance that he serves her and that he can refuse to follow unlawful orders.
    She says, “Just remember, you’re the servant, we’re the masters, OK?” she adds.
    Vance disagrees saying, “I’m the master, Ma’am, I’m the master.”
    If he had known the call was being recorded, he might not have used that language. If Connecticut drivers had known they were hiding behind that parked car with a radar gun, they might have gone a little slower. There are no do-overs, Lt. Vance.
    Rick Wells is a conservative Constitutionalist author who contributes to conservative media outlets. “Like” him on Facebook and “Follow” him on Twitter.

http://gopthedailydose.com/2014/03/0...im-the-master/