Page 51 of 177 FirstFirst ... 4147484950515253545561101151 ... LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

I called Smith's office and the aide said he still has not decided, and if I wished to leave a comment she would transfer me to the comment line. I left a message, but who knows if he'll even receive it.

CR
    Quote Originally Posted by zeezil
    Quote Originally Posted by PhredE
    zeezil: Thanks, I think that is a good point.

These Dems also have a pretty solid history of voting with us in the past:

McCaskill (D-MO)
    Byrd (D-WV)
    Tester (D-MT)
    Landrieu (D-LA)

and, secondarily:

Rockefeller (D-WV)
    Pryor (D-AR)
    Stabenow (D-MI)
    Baucus (D-MT)
    Nelson (D-NE) ... so work them too.

Keep calling!!!
    Thanks, PhredE...I knew there were other Dems we had a chance with. Appreciate the list!

I just called all of these Senators. Sen Rockefeller's staffer was extremely rude. When I said that I was calling concerning the Defense bill and specifically the Dream Act Amendment he cut me off and said "OK I'll tell the Senator". When I asked him what he was going to tell the Senator he said "that you're opposed to the Dream Act, that's what you said right?" I said no, I'm calling CONCERNING the Defense Authorization Bill (he thought I said OPPOSING). He then asked if I was opposed to the Dream Act and I said yes and he just said OK thanks and hung up. He had no desire to hear anything else.

Sen Pryor's office was a little strange. The staffer (male) spoke to me in a very drippy-sweet yet condescending and disingenous manner.

The rest were reasonable. None committed to any position. I told them all that DHS was opposed to the bill because of the potential for fraud. I thanked those that had good immigration grades. There was no answer at Sen Landrieu's office. Only one asked for a zip code.

Senior Member AmericanElizabeth's Avatar
    Thanks PhredE. I know Wyden is sort of a waste of breath on any of these issues, I still call though. Smith I have had hopes for, he does occassionally see the light of day when Ronnie is not influencing him (remember how they came on to Oregonians years ago that they would not let party lines blur their efforts for Oregonians, this was a mistake by Smiths part, Ronnie had tainted his once conservative thoughts with liberalism).

I'll try Smiths local offies.
    "In the beginning of a change, the Patriot is a scarce man, Brave, Hated, and Scorned. When his cause succeeds however,the timid join him, For then it costs nothing to be a Patriot." Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

April
    Quote Originally Posted by Gogo
    Quote Originally Posted by April
    Quote Originally Posted by jjsokay
    Hannity is on the radio going bonkers about Durbin and the DreamAct telling everyone to call and shut this down.
    Good to hear!!! The more the word is out the BETTER!!!! MORE CALLS!!!! MORE OUTRAGED AMERICANS!!!!
    Finally, I emailed him last night and Gibson and Cavuto. So far everything on Fox is O.J. UGH Got to count on radio to get it out.
    Good for you! I am so sick of OJ I could puke. They have been relentless in their coverage of him. IMO just lock him up and forget about it!

The country is in danger of being given away and MSM is reportng on fluff and criminals such as OJ , who already have plenty of exposure

As noted, Sean Hannity is on now whacking the Dream Act, thanking Jeff Sessions for leading charge against it, said if GOP goes along with this, said firmly they will pay price politcally, urging GOP senators to oppose the Dream Act, said just three months again Americans said clearly they want borders secure, no amnesty...also criticizing sancutary policies.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I'm on it. I am just disgusted!

Quote Originally Posted by Gogo
    Quote Originally Posted by jjsokay
    Hannity is on the radio going bonkers about Durbin and the DreamAct telling everyone to call and shut this down.
    Good to hear!!! The more the word is out the BETTER!!!! MORE CALLS!!!! MORE OUTRAGED AMERICANS!!!!
    Finally, I emailed him last night and Gibson and Cavuto. So far everything on Fox is O.J. UGH Got to count on radio to get it out.
    Good for you! I am so sick of OJ I could puke. They have been relentless in their coverage of him. IMO just lock him up and forget about it!

The country is in danger of being given away and MSM is reportng on fluff and criminals such as OJ , who already have plenty of exposure

Finally Hannity gets with the program. I called his radio show on Monday and told his staffer that the Dream Act fight was happening NOW and if he waited too long to talk about it, it would be over. My call was in response to another caller who asked him why he was not talking about immigration and he said he would come back to it in a few weeks.

FYI

This thread has had 505 posts and 5176 viewers!!!

Great Job everyone keep the pressure on!!
    Please support ALIPAC's fight to save American Jobs & Lives from illegal immigration by joining our free Activists E-Mail Alerts (CLICK HERE)

I'm loving this!!!

I get so much pleasure out of bashing the NightMare Stupidity Act and telling the staffers that Congress'es new Rueters/Zogby poll approval rating is down to 11% - a new historical low... that I can't stop to eat or drink (coffee). It's just too much fun.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by SOSADFORUS
    Quote Originally Posted by Ex_OC
    Just got off the phone with Sen. Crapo's DC office. Talked to staffer named Tim. He remembered me from my call the other day! Said he passed on that info and will pass on info again today.

Said Crapo is co-sponsor of legislation BUT NOT IN FAVOR OF DREAM ACT AMENDMENT.

That probably means he will vote No to the amendment. One can only hope.....

SoSad, is Craig in legislative limbo? Is he voting?
    I heard the RAT is in Wash. DC and is going to VOTE
    Good afternoon Sosad and alipacers... Calling Crappo (Idaho, Boise 83704) Webb-Warner (Richmond 23219), Rockefeller, Nelson (Omaha 68134)

Populist wrote:
    Has anyone spoken with Sen. Hutchison's office recently? She has said the Defense bill shouldn't be delayed by the Dream Act, but it's unclear if this means she doesn't want the Dream Act amendment in the bill, OR if she is willing to vote for the Defense bill even if the Dream Act is in it.

I've been trying, but her line has been busy.
    I spoke to both Hutchinson/Cornyn (Dallas 75221) offices. They're hedging till the vote.

Tester (Billings, Montana 59112) and Kyl's phones lines are open.

Thank goodness. Yesterday I couldn't get thru to start talking about it,. Had to send an email.