Page 124 of 835 FirstFirst ... 2474114120121122123124125126127128134174224624 ... LastLast
Results 1,231 to 1,240 of 8348
Like Tree210Likes

Thread: BASIC LIST / SUGGESTED ITEMS FOR LONG TERM SURVIVAL

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 4 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 4 guests)

South West Florida (Behind friendly lines but still in Occupied Territory)
    Oz Smart Meter Hatred Growing

Surge in electric hostility
    Cameron Houston
    August 14, 2011.

Property owners are receiving smart meteres whether they want them or not.

SMART electricity meters are sometimes being installed without consent and against the wishes of property owners, sparking a surge in consumer complaints and, in extreme cases, attacks on electrical contractors.

Power companies continue to roll out the controversial technology and are increasingly targeting apartment buildings in their installation timetables. This is all despite a government review that could scrap the scheme, although there has been an assurance from Energy Minister Michael O'Brien that meters already installed would be retained regardless of the outcome.

New figures from the Energy and Water Ombudsman reveal complaints about smart meters almost doubled during the first six months of the year, amid growing anger over the tactics used by electricity distributors. There are also claims that up to 15 per cent of the new meters deliver inaccurate readings.

The former Brumby government introduced the technology to encourage Victoria's 2.2 million households and 300,000 businesses to curb energy consumption and reduce carbon emissions by using off-peak tariffs.

But some consumers say that they cannot use power at the times of day when cheaper rates are available, despite having to pay higher charges for new meters.

About 750,000 meters have already been installed, and the Baillieu government is awaiting an independent report before deciding on the future of the scheme. The review by Deloitte followed a $1.2 billion cost blow-out and a consumer backlash.

''We've received a wide variety of customer complaints, from problems with the exchange of meters, high bills and installation issues. While the government made it clear that people could object to having a smart meter installed, we've had complaints from people who left a note on their existing meters, which was not complied with,'' Energy and Water Ombudsman Fiona McLeod said.

Complaints to the ombudsman soared to almost 500 in June; the highest number since the meters were first rolled out in 2009.

Ms McLeod said there was a perception that the meters contributed to higher bills. ''A lot of the old analog meters run slow or are faulty, so some consumers are actually getting an accurate reading with the new meters, but may not be happy with that outcome,'' Ms McLeod said.

Several apartment owners have claimed that energy distributors have ignored their requests to defer installation until the state government made its decision on the future of the contentious scheme. ''They [power companies] are coming in and insisting that tenants co-operate, often without any notice and disregarding the fact that owners have a right to say no,'' said Strata Community Australia's Victorian president, Stephen Raff.

Distributors must give tenants at least 20 days' notice and provide a second notification four days before installation.

Mr Raff said his organisation, which represents Victoria's body corporate managers, had been inundated with complaints from apartment owners and tenants, with about 15 per cent claiming that meter readings were inaccurate.

He said power companies were targeting apartment blocks to continue their meter rollout because there was often confusion between owners, tenants and real estate agents over access to meter boxes.

The electricity distributors, who sought to charge $1.24 billion to install and operate smart meters between 2012 and 2015, have recently been rebuked by the Australian Energy Regulator for their proposed charges.

In a draft determination, the regulator said the cost should be $760 million which, if accepted, would allow power companies to increase charges by only 20 per cent rather than the proposed rise of 61 per cent between 2011 and 2015.

Consumer Action Law Centre energy spokeswoman Janine Rayner called on the government to provide more information on the embattled program.

''We are still waiting for an honest and clear campaign about why we need this technology. We still don't know who will be better or worse off,'' Ms Rayner said.

Growing frustration among consumers is also causing

problems for electrical contractors used by the power companies to install the meters.

Some electricians have been forced to walk away from jobs after physical threats and verbal abuse from irate home owners.

Electrical Trades Union organiser Peter McKinnon said he had advised members to avoid conflict. ''This technology seems to have generated a huge amount of hostility and our members are copping a fair amount of abuse, but it's not their fault,'' Mr McKinnon said.

''If people don't want the meters then they should say so. We are not going to get involved in punch-ups over this.''

Representatives of United Energy, Jemena, SP AusNet and CitiPower denied that tenants had been given inadequate notice about meter installation. Several blamed delays in the government review and misleading media reports for uncertainty surrounding the program.

A spokesman for the Energy Minister said the report's findings would be released by the end of the year.

Opposition energy spokeswoman Lily D'Ambrosio said the government had failed to allay consumer fears of a sharp rise in power bills.

''The Premier has had nine months to make a decision and now his dithering is creating enormous confusion and anxiety among Victorians,'' Ms D'Ambrosio said.

http://www.theage.com.au/victoria/surge ... z1Uvhu3uGM
    Last edited by AirborneSapper7; 02-02-2012 at 12:50 PM.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Home sick: Living with Chinese drywall

By Rawan Jabaji
    August 12, 2011
    Video at the link: http://www.pbs.org/wnet/need-to-know...drywall/11004/

This week, we bring you a story about something that can be found in almost every home: drywall. It’s also called sheetrock, or plasterboard, and no matter where you are, it’s probably part of your wall, or your ceiling, or both. What you may not know is that some drywall — usually manufactured in China — could be making some people sick.

Here’s the background: Between 2004 and 2007, the United States had a drywall shortage. That was mostly because we were in the middle of a building boom, and also because a series of hurricanes — especially Katrina — had wreaked havoc in the South. Chinese manufacturers were quick to capitalize on the shortage, exporting millions of sheets of drywall to the U.S., enough to build approximately 61,000 average-sized houses. Some of it has been blamed for health problems.

As part of our series, The Watch List, we bring you a report we orginally aired last spring, in cooperation with the independent investigative journalism group ProPublica, along with investigative reporter Aaron Kessler.A quick postscript: In June, Propublica reported that insurers representing Florida-based drywall supplier, Banner Supply Company, agreed to pay some $55 million to settle some of the claims filed by people whose homes were built with Chinese drywall provided by the company. The settlement, reached in US District Court in New Orleans, does not impact Colleen Stephens. Banner, in turn, has filed a suit alleging fraud by the maker of the drywall, Knauf plasterboard Tianjin, as well as related companies.

Statement from the Consumer Product Safety Commission (Aug. 4, 2011)

http://www.pbs.org/wnet/need-to-know...drywall/11004/
    Last edited by AirborneSapper7; 02-02-2012 at 12:52 PM.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Build A Root Cellar To Store Vegetables

August 15, 2011 by Peggy Layton

Onions keep well in a root cellar.

I have found that for us to be self-sufficient we must be able to store vegetables and fruit in a cold storage or root cellar. The root cellar provides a safe, stable year-round storage facility for many different types of vegetables that we grow ourselves or would normally find at a farmers market in the fall. If you do not have a garden, then take advantage of the farmers markets and the inexpensive abundance available at harvest time.

We have a huge garden with many different vegetables that can be kept for winter eating. Last year, my husband built a root cellar. He got the plans from a book called Root Cellaring, Natural Cold storage of Fruits and Vegetables, by Mike and Nancy Bubel. This book is amazing, and we found it most helpful. It is available on my website www.peggylayton.com.

I stock up on all kinds of winter squash to store in my root cellar. We store food that we grow on our property such as potatoes, pumpkins, carrots, onions, apples and squash. I also store everything to make my homemade salsa such as tomatoes, bell peppers, jalapeno peppers and, of course, onions. We live in the mountains at about 5,500 feet. When it freezes in the fall, I always have tons of green tomatoes still on my vines. So I pick them green and place them in shallow boxes with newspaper on the bottom so if they do start to rot, the newspaper absorbs the moisture. I continually sort the tomatoes into rotten ones that might have gotten a little bit frozen and ripe red ones. As the green tomatoes ripen, I make canned salsa. My peppers stay fresh as well in the root cellar, because it stays cool just like a refrigerator. By Christmas time, all my tomatoes have ripened, and I have canned several large batches of salsa. It saves us a lot of money, and we don’t go to the grocery store as much in the winter.

I like the fact that I am not at the mercy of the produce that is shipped to us from Mexico and other places. I know that my food has been organically grown without pesticides or any chemical fertilizers. I believe that my family is healthier because we eat this way.
    Building a Root Cellar

What kind of root cellar would be best for your family and property? There are several different types of root cellars. The size really doesn’t matter either. The location, depth of the cellar and its size totally depend upon your space and your needs. The underground cellar lends itself easily to the dirt and rocks that surround it.

When deciding on the size or type of root cellar, consider how much produce you want to store. Is it for your use only, or do you intend to share with other family members and friends? If times get tough, food will be more precious than gold. Since you can’t eat gold, you might consider selling or bartering some of your food.

A simple 5-by-8 cellar provides plenty of room for one person or two. An 8-by-8 cellar offers enough room for the average extended family, and a 10-by-10 cellar offers more than enough room for multiple families. Our root cellar is 6 feet by 12 feet.
    The Pioneers Built Root Cellars

In the olden days, the pioneers had root cellars on every piece of property that was homesteaded. They were usually dug either into a hillside or as a deep pit, like an underground room. The pioneers either formed walls by stacking rocks and cementing them with natural clay that hardens as it dries or using just the dirt and sand to insulate them. A ceiling was put on top using cedar posts very close together and sealed with burlap, plastic or waterproof fabric, then covered with dirt on top. The cellars had a door or a hole on top with a ladder to get into the pit.

The hole was covered with a large piece of wood to keep the snow out. This type of cellar keeps a constant cold temperature year-round. The pioneers were very innovative. They placed a large, flat slab of rock on other rocks that served as legs, which provided a table for the milk from the cow, eggs from the chickens and anything else that needed to stay cold like a refrigerator. The rock would get cold and stay cold year-round. The root cellars were always vented, so they had circulation to keep them dry inside and bring cool air into the cellar.

The ideal temperature in a root cellar is about 40 to 45 degrees Fahrenheit. Our root cellar heats up to about 50 degrees in the summer. That is when most fresh produce has rotted or been thrown out to the chickens. As it cools down, it will keep produce very nicely.
    In The Basement, Under The Porch, Surrounded By Cement

If you are building a new home, you can plan for a cold storage or cellar that is attached to your home or adjoining a basement. If you do not have a basement, you can take an outbuilding and insulate it really well to use as a cold storage. Some homes have a wine cellar. This type of room is ideal for keeping fresh produce because it is underground and stays cool. Just remember to vent it so you have air circulation. The photo below is a cement room under a porch that has a dirt floor in part of the room for a potato pit.
    In The Ground, With A Food Storage Building On Top

This is the type of root cellar we built, and we really like it. The only drawback is that it cost a lot more money than we expected: about $6,000. The photo below is of our root cellar with a stairway that goes down to the cellar and a food storage room on top of the cellar.

It attaches to the other shed that we keep all our camping and evacuation equipment in. It looks fairly normal, and no one would know it was a root cellar if we didn’t tell them. My husband decided to use cinder block for the walls. He backfilled behind the walls with sand to insulate the room even more. The ceiling is made of cement with a lot of rebar. It has worked out well and keeps everything cool and dry. The next project is to build shelves for the crates of potatoes, apples, carrots, beets, etc., to sit on. The shelves must be made of pretreated lumber so the wood doesn’t get moist, rot and fall apart.
    Built Into The Side Of A Hill

A dugout is the cheapest type of root cellar to build; however, extra care must be taken to make sure it is well insulated. Your cellar is better protected during the winter months because the earth top and sides are great insulators. The snow in the winter is also a great insulator. The floor of the dugout should be graded on a slight downward slope, so rain or snowmelt will drain away if it seeps into the cellar. The floor of the dugout should have at least 4 inches of sand or rock to help with drainage and allow any water that might get into the cellar to seep into the sand and keep the cellar dry. The dirt that surrounds the cellar keeps the produce cool year-round.
    Using leaves or grass clipping on top of root vegetables

I remember my grandparents telling stories about the Great Depression. They would take all the leaves and grass clippings from the yard and cover the carrots, beets and turnips with the mulch. When they wanted to harvest the root vegetables, they would just lift the leaves with a shovel and dig the carrots, beets and turnips. The root vegetables were just fine with a pile of leaves on top of them for insulation.

If you have access to bags of leaves or bags of mulch, put them directly over the carrots, beets and turnips. When you want to dig them up, just brush the snow away, lift the bag of mulch off the vegetables and dig. Put the bags back over the root vegetables and keep them there until you want to dig again. This makes it easier, because all you have to do is lift the bags. It keeps the ground insulated enough that it will not freeze the vegetables.

You can dig a big pit to keep potatoes or apples in. Line the pit with a tarp or heavy duty plastic. Lay the apples in the pit, being careful not to smash them. Cover the apples with another tarp, and pile all your fall leaves on top of the tarp for insulation. When you want apples, just lift the tarp and leaves and grab what you need. Cover it back up with the leaves for protection.

Another idea for a cold storage is an old refrigerator or freezer buried into the ground with the back of the refrigerator toward the bottom of the hole so the lid will lift up. This will insulate the crops enough to keep them from freezing in the winter.

I have seen people bury large metal garbage cans with lids on them in the ground. They put sand in the bottom of the cans. Carrots, beets and turnips keep well in sand. You can also pull up cabbage by the roots and stand them up in the sand with their roots down.
    Building Materials: Wood

Always use pressure-treated lumber when building shelves, or the wood will eventually rot and fall apart. If you are going to go to all the work of building shelves, it is wise to spend the money needed to get the better wood.

The food storage room that we built on top of our root cellar is made of wood. Its well-insulated walls measure 2 inches by 6 inches. The floor, which is also a ceiling for the room below, is made of cement. It has a slanted roof that extends past the building so the snow and rain won’t seep into the walls. It has about 4 inches of gravel so the water will drain away from the building.
    Building Materials: Dirt, Gravel, Sand Or Cement

Our root cellar has a dirt floor mixed with sand and gravel. It absorbs humidity and keeps potatoes from rotting. Just lay the potatoes in a dirt pit, and they will be fine. Potatoes love the dirt. I sort through my potatoes periodically and discard any that are rotting.

The walls of our root cellar are made of cinder block, which is similar to cement. The ceiling is made of cement with rebar in it. Cinder block, cement, stacked-rock or dirt walls all work well for the cellar. What you’re trying to achieve is a well-insulated room.

Tomatoes, peppers, onions, squash and apples need a dryer environment. Carrots, potatoes, beets, cabbage and turnips need a more humid environment. You might need two rooms that have different humidity levels. The room on top of our root cellar is well insulated and has a cement floor. It’s just right for onions, squash and apples. Keep apples and onions away from each other or on opposite sides of the room. Otherwise, they will spoil.
    Tending Your Root Cellar

Root cellars need vents to keep airflow going through the cellar. It helps keep the temperature constant and release any gasses that come from the food as it ripens. This allows fresh air to circulate throughout the cellar to keep the food fresh, dry and cool.

We are in process of building shelves along the sides of our cellar room where we will put crates full of fruits and vegetables. The crates we will use have slats on all sides and the bottom. That allows the air to circulate around the vegetables and fruit. Keeping the produce dry and cool will make it last longer. We plan to use stackable crates that are made to last, with screws to hold the sides together. The crates come in a kit with all four sides prebuilt. All you have to do is screw them together. To order the kits go to www.peggylayton.com.

We have a thermometer with a humidity gauge in our root cellar. We check it frequently each month throughout the year and it only fluctuates for 40 to 45 degrees Fahrenheit from summer to winter. That is the perfect temperature.

We have lights in our cellar. We leave the lights on during the coldest months of the winter to warm up the room just a bit during freezing weather. The dirt on the sides and top of the cellar keep the room insulated and protect it from freezing, too.

I like to check the produce every few days as I use the food in the cellar. If I see signs of spoilage or mold, I get rid of the food immediately. We have chickens, and they love the discarded food. We learned the hard way about mold on our winter harvest. We covered our squash with a wool blanket so it would not freeze, and it caused all the squash to mold. So remember: Produce must have airflow. Without it, you might lose your whole crop.

If your cellar gets too warm or too cold, you can open the vents or even stuff them with socks to cool down or warm up the room. Play around with leaving the door open at night to cool off the room, then shutting it during the day. Try to keep the temperature constant if you can regulate it.
    Food Storage And Self-Sufficiency Products Available

If you are interested in any of the seven books I have written, such as Emergency Food Storage and Survival Handbook or Cookin’ with Home Storage Cookbook; root cellar storage box kits; 250-gallon water storage tanks, food-storage containers, ION water treatment, solar “Sun Ovens,” dehydrated food sealed in gallon-sized cans with a shelf life of 15 or more years, wheat grinders, sewage treatment, 72-hour packs or emergency medical supplies, click here.
    Prepackaged food storage meals, with a 15 year shelf life

I have been storing packaged meals called eFoods. They are ideal for long-term food storage because they are packaged in Mylar® pouches that serve four people. Everything is in the pouch except water. Just add water and cook the food for 15 minutes, and it’s done. The meals are delicious, and the company will let you try samples of the meals before you buy. Just pay $9.95 for shipping, and you get three meals that serve four people. I find them very delicious and easy to make. That is what you need in a crisis situation. I don’t just save them for a rainy day; I make the eFoods for meals when I am in a hurry, in the mountains, camping, hiking or feeding a crowd. I have decided that premade meals are the best food storage you can buy. They are fast, easy and convenient. You don’t waste food that way.

This company has a program through which you can get one box of food per month. They call it “auto-shipment,” and it’s great! All you need is 10 minutes to set it up, and your food storage will be on auto-ship. Each month, you get a box of food delivered to your home. Go to the website, click on take the Freedom Tour, sign up for the free food and enjoy. Check it out here.

–Peggy Layton

EDITOR’S NOTE: Look for Peggy Layton on the upcoming TLC special “Livin’ For The Apocalypse,” which premieres on Sunday, Aug. 28 at 10 p.m. EDT.

http://www.personalliberty.com/survi...re-vegetables/
    Last edited by AirborneSapper7; 02-02-2012 at 12:56 PM.

Spices Reduce Triglyceride Response

August 15, 2011 by UPI - United Press International, Inc.

Eating a diet rich in spices, such as turmeric and cinnamon, reduces the body's negative responses to eating high-fat meals.

UNIVERSITY PARK, Pa. — Adding spices to a high-fat meal reduces triglyceride response by about 30 percent, compared to a similar meal with no added spices, U.S. researchers say.

Study leader Sheila West of Pennsylvania State University, says eating a diet rich in spices, such as turmeric and cinnamon, reduces the body’s negative responses to eating high-fat meals.

“Normally, when you eat a high-fat meal, you end up with high levels of triglycerides, a type of fat, in your blood,” West says in a statement. “If this happens too frequently, or if triglyceride levels are raised too much, your risk of heart disease is increased. We found that adding spices to a high-fat meal reduced triglyceride response by about 30 percent, compared to a similar meal with no spices added.”

West and colleagues prepared meals on two separate days for six men ages 30-65 who were overweight but otherwise healthy.

The researchers added two tablespoons of culinary spices — rosemary, oregano, cinnamon, turmeric, black pepper, cloves, garlic powder and paprika — to each serving of the test meal, which consisted of chicken curry, Italian herb bread and a cinnamon biscuit. The control meal was identical, except it used no spices.

The findings, published in the Journal of Nutrition, indicate for those who ate the meal that contained a blend of antioxidant spices, antioxidant activity in the blood was increased by 13 percent and insulin response decreased by about 20 percent.

http://www.personalliberty.com/news/...esponse-36459/
    Last edited by AirborneSapper7; 02-02-2012 at 12:57 PM.

Video: 9/11 Lessons From Star Trek http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pl ... Is9eEB6IG8

Last edited by AirborneSapper7; 02-02-2012 at 12:58 PM.

ModernSurvivalOnline.com
    Thoughts on Survival and the World Today

Hard Core Medical Supplies - This Ain't Your Basic First Aid Kit

SHTF Survival: First Response Packs for Medical Emergencies

By: Tess Pennington

r SHTF sick room.

Medical first response packs can be made ahead of time using most of the medical products that you have on hand. In fact, these first response packs are not limited to medical emergencies, they can also be used for dental emergencies as well. To prepare for a SHTF scenario, it would be beneficial to take into account the most likely medical situations you may come in contact with and plan accordingly.

Knowledge is Power

Not all of us have a background in medicine. Therefore, it is a good idea to do have medical books or instruction guides on hand to correctly guide you through the proper ways to treat a wound. There are some great medical books that can help you gain a better medical perspective for dealing with these types of scenarios. Some books to consider are:
    Keep It Organized

Many preppers use gallon sized zip-loc bags or their vacuum sealers to seal up the necessary items for future use. Label your response packs according to the pre-determined disaster and store with your existing medical supplies.

Advanced Wound Care Supplies

It is important to emphasize that proper medical tools and advanced wound care supplies are a good investment for a long-term emergency. Caring for open wounds, deep lacerations and bleeding cuts will be very likely during this time and hospitals may not be available.

Note: This website has an extensive amount of medical products and surgical tools.

For instance one advanced wound care product to consider is a blood clotting agent called Celox. Many emergency responders, as well as military personnel are now carrying Celox in their medic packs. This product is made from a natural polymer extracted from shrimp shells called chitosan and has the capacity to stop bleeding in 30 seconds.

Many preppers have found that buying the ultra absorbent sanitary pads to use for wound care is another product to invest in. These absorbent pads can be used on gunshot wounds or any bleeding wounds. The adherent strip on the back is helpful in that it will assist in holding the pad in place.

Here are some suggested items to include in different types of response packs:

Response packs for superficial wounds
    • Latex-free Gloves
    • Alcohol wipes
    • Antiseptic
    • Antibiotic ointment
    • Gauze
    • Tape
    • Scissors
    • Steri-strips
    • Bandage
    • Instant cold packs
    Response packs for hikers
    • Adhesive bandages (assorted sizes)
    • Knuckle adhesive bandages
    • Butterfly closures
    • Gauze pads (assorted sizes)
    • Non-adherent pads
    • Sterile top sponges
    • Moleskins
    • Abdominal/pressure pad
    • Stretch gauze roll
    • Medical tape
    • Antibacterial wipes
    • Triple-antibiotic ointment packets
    • Sting relief wipes
    • Iodine wipes or swabs
    • Antimicrobial hand wipes
    • Safety pins
    • Latex-free medical gloves
    • Bandage scissors
    • Splinter forceps
    Response Kits for wounds that require sutures
    • Latex-free Gloves
    • Hemostat, probes, forceps, surgical scissors, suture lip scissors
    • Alcohol pads
    • Antiseptic
    • Non-adherent sterile pads
    • Gauze bandage rolls
    • Absorbing and non-absorbing sutures or nylon fishing line
    • Non-Suture wound closure strips
    • Suture needles
    Suture Removal Kit
    • Suture scissors
    • Forceps
    • Tweezers
    • Gauze sponge
    • iodine swabs
    • Gauze wrap
    Response packs for advanced wound care: bleeding wounds, gunshot wounds, stab wounds
    • Latex-Free Gloves
    • Roll Bandage
    • Gauze
    • Iodine swabs
    • Abdominal Pad
    • Respirator Mask
    • Triangular Bandage
    • Tape
    • Occlusive Dressing
    • CPR Microshield
    • QuikClot® Sponge or Celox
    Response packs for advanced wound treatment: open or bleeding wounds fractures, falls
    • Latex-Free Gloves
    • Roll Bandage
    • Gauze
    • Iodine swabs
    • Sterile medical sponge
    • Abdominal Pad
    • Triangular Bandage
    • Tape
    • Antiseptic Wipes
    • CPR Microshield
    • Respirator Mask
    • Blood Clotting Agent
    Response packs for 72-Hour Kits: Intended for the treatment of open or bleeding wounds caused by gunshots, knife cuts or punctures
    • Latex-Free Gloves
    • Roll Bandage
    • Gauze
    • Abdominal Pad
    • Triangular Bandage
    • Tape
    • Antiseptic Wipes
    • Iodine swabs
    • CPR Microshield
    • Emergency Signal Whistle
    • Thermal Mylar Blanket
    • Blood Clotting Agent
    • Tourniquet
    Note: Items in the response pack for hikers can also be included in your 72-hour response pack

We must prepare for the unexpected, and there are times when the unexpected will be time sensitive. Having medical response packs pre-assembled for those time crucial moments can help in better and more efficient medical care.

Disclosure: The information in this article is for informational purposes only. Nothing contained on this web site should be construed nor is intended to be used for medical diagnosis or treatment. Consult your physician or other qualified health care providers with any questions regarding medical care.

http://modernsurvivalonline.com/gues...l-emergencies/
    Last edited by AirborneSapper7; 02-02-2012 at 01:02 PM.

Last edited by AirborneSapper7; 02-02-2012 at 01:03 PM.

Universities Are Embracing Organic And Sustainable Farming Courses

August 17, 2011 by Personal Liberty News Desk

Today’s college students are in a position to be at the forefront of the burgeoning agricultural revolution, as more colleges and universities add organic and sustainable farming courses to their curricula.

An article by The Associated Press reported that these new graduates may be entering the job market in a timely fashion, since the average farmer in the U.S. is 57 years old. Moreover, companies appear to be focused on diversifying their agricultural businesses.

“Everybody’s going back to school because you have to. We know that equals earning potential and survivability on and off the farm,” said Curtis Miller, director of education for the American Farm Bureau Foundation, quoted by the news source. “No matter how you raise your food, fiber or fuel, this diversification includes a lot of these educational programs.”

The University of Kentucky recently reported on an event in August in which hundreds of students and educators gathered to talk about how their sustainable farming courses operate and to exchange innovative techniques.

The event, called the Sustainable Agriculture Education Association Conference, was meant to strengthen educational efforts on new farming methods, helping institutions develop strong curricula to prepare the country’s future farmers.

http://www.personalliberty.com/news/...ses-800575548/
    Last edited by AirborneSapper7; 02-02-2012 at 01:05 PM.

Florida Law Eliminates Gun Restrictions

August 17, 2011
    by Personal Liberty News Desk

The Florida State Legislature has taken significant steps toward eliminating restrictions that had been previously placed on firearms, according to The New American. http://www.thenewamerican.com/usnews/co ... strictions

Helping to protect 2nd Amendment rights for citizens, the measures would impose penalties on public officials who pass or enforce gun regulations at the State level, reported the website.

Legislators who violate the law face punishments that include a $5,000 personal fine and the risk of being removed from office by the Governor of Florida. The State has already enacted legislation that made it illegal to pass regulations beyond those that were imposed in 1987, The New American reported.

Governor Rick Scott has signed the Penalties for Violating Firearms Preemption Law, a measure that forces the repeal of all regulations passed in violation of the 2nd Amendment, according to the website.

The enacting of the legislation in Florida comes while the State Congress is in recess, a time when gun law expert John M. Snyder notes that Americans should go to their Representatives and proclaim their support for less regulation concerning firearms, an essay for GunRightsPolicies.org read. http://www.expertclick.com/NewsReleaseW ... 37353.aspx

http://www.personalliberty.com/news/flo ... 08_17_PLA_[P11880597]&rrid=238434262
    Last edited by AirborneSapper7; 02-02-2012 at 01:05 PM.

THE MEANING OF CDC "ZOMBIE APOCALYPSE"
    PART 1

By Dr. Stephen C. L'Hommedieu
    August 1, 2011
    NewsWithViews.com

Just when you thought the dark side of medical information couldn’t get more science debased, the Center for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) released a strange article on emergency preparedness that was straight out of “Tales from the Crypt.” Fresh from the bubbling cauldrons of the CDC, “Preparedness 101: Zombie Apocalypse,” [1] by Ali S. Kahn, MD, MPH, is a suspiciously elaborate concoction, mingling emergency readiness procedures with choice delicacies from zombie horror fiction. Featuring emergency “essentials” such as zombie history, etiology, diet (brains) and “diagnosis,” along with horror film favorites and a zombie escape plan, “Zombie Apocalypse” is an amusing distraction of weirdness that belies its purpose.

Objectives Behind the Weirdness

If you had read the article’s “A Brief History of Zombies,” you may have thought the same as I did – What the…? A zombie apocalypse? After a quick rebound from the mild aftershock of disbelief, I continued reading with a sense of uneasiness. Clearly the method to the madness was to use this fear-based zombie horror scenario to capture the attention of a select target audience.

For many, “Zombie Apocalypse” may have seemed like a fun way to review the basics of emergency planning. But there’s another side to this monster mash that’s as disturbing as the thought of being chased by a band of hunger-crazed zombies. Although fronting legitimately good emergency preparedness recommendations, this exercise in zombie tactical maneuvers also demonstrates how good advice can be used to infuse elements of subtle propaganda and fear-based conditioning strategies to manage public health objectives. To fully appreciate the real meaning of “Zombie Apocalypse,” we need to process this information within the context of CDC primary objectives. Consider the following list of pertinent objectives aggressively pursued by the CDC today: 1) to manage public behavior toward vaccine compliance; 2) to exaggerate normal childhood diseases as largely deadly or with precipitating harmful life-long consequences; 3) to promote flawed or bogus research studies and statistics to legitimize actions for imposing vaccinations and vaccine mandates; 4) to feed the public misinformation and media hype to induce a sense of urgency or panic to surge vaccine demand; 5) to establish a derogatory language or icon (such as zombies) that can be identified with those who refuse vaccinations and oppose vaccine mandates; and 6) to convince you to relinquish your mind, body and will to the recommendations and demands of these health officials who claim to know best how to protect you in a zombie emergency.

How are these CDC objectives accomplished? The methodology is quite simple: formula, fear-based propaganda and coercive government intervention. For example, for the purpose of a zombie apocalypse, the magic equation could appear something like this: [Fear-Based Exaggerations and Misinformation + Complicit Mainstream Media Support] x [Epidemic, Pandemic or Bioterrorism + Imposed Government Intervention] = [Vaccine Mandates + Loss of personal and Constitutional Liberties] x [Billions $$$ in Pharmaceutical + Medical Industrial Complex Profits]. Clearly, this is the new math for imposing vaccine compliance and generating pharmaceutical profits.

By this time, if you’ve already read “Zombie Apocalypse,” you may be thinking, Wait a minute, there wasn’t any mention of vaccines in the entire article! You’re absolutely correct, vaccines were not specifically mentioned. But as you can see; whether you introduce a pandemic, or a biological weapon, or a childhood disease epidemic or some other zombie apocalypse into the equation or discussion, the answer will always include vaccines.

Even more disturbing is how this seemingly innocent “information” is obviously geared for a younger uninformed mainstream audience of ‘tweens, teens and young adults. Surely the CDC knows that the success of vaccine compliance is dependent upon rendering young malleable minds susceptible to their suggestions through regular feedings of their information. “Zombie Apocalypse” utilizes this cool fictional horror theme, not by coincidence, but by design, because it’s attractive and “fun” for many of this target audience. Building a rapport is essential for preparing a platform to engage their trust and cooperation. Once this is established, a continual flow of misleading and false information can begin the process of aligning the behaviors and beliefs of these young minds with government and global objectives.

So if you’ve buried any notions of pretense behind CDC medical information, it’s time to blow the lid off the coffin and take a closer look. Carefully examine the remains; you may begin to develop an appreciation for what these CDC officials do best: managing social media operations for the sole purpose of influencing public behaviors and beliefs to serve the interests of the Pharmaceutical Cartel and related medical institutions, of which a primary objective at this time is to extinguish public resistance to forced vaccinations.

More CDC “Tales from the Crypt”

Although the idea of preparing for an apocalypse of the walking dead may seem frightfully outlandish coming from the CDC, the use of such fictional premises is actually nothing new. They’ve been using them secretly for years. But apparently they’re now getting bolder and coming out of the closet. Since the CDC has officially come clean about this fascination for zombie horror strategy, let’s do a quick review of other major CDC reality horror and sci-fi adaptations that may have escaped your attention.

“The Vaccine Apocalypse”

Frankly, I don’t know exactly how the CDC came up with the concept of “Zombie Apocalypse.” One possibility is that a fetish for horror and science fiction scenarios was suddenly inspired by the recent filming of “The Walking Dead” in the Atlanta area. But it’s more likely the concept was derived from the eerie classic original and heavily promoted horror production that could only be described as “The Vaccine Apocalypse,” for which the CDC has been a central mediator for many years. Essentially, “The Vaccine Apocalypse” is a loosely-based version of another classic horror film, “The Texas Chainsaw Massacre,” although much more insidious, utilizing a hazardous and grossly excessive vaccine schedule as the primary assault weapon.

Imagine this: multiple vaccinations incorporating the destructive power of millions of molecular “chainsaws” from a variety of neurotoxins such as, mercury [2], [3], aluminum [4], [5], formaldehyde and a host of other toxic chemical ingredients. Watch here how low levels of mercury can literally hack nerves to shreds to impede normal neurological development.[6] Add to this neurotoxic brew a variety of attenuated or live viruses and bacteria, xenotropic viruses, contamination viruses, genetically-engineered materials and microorganisms, antibiotics and cells from aborted fetal tissue, all of which are incompatible with the development of normal healthy immune processes. Now you have one of the most progressive and destructive horror scenarios ever to encounter a developing brain.

In mass, these tiny perpetrators of metallic ions, chemical compounds and genetically engineered DNA components creep up on unsuspecting, innocent infants, children and uniformed adults and immediately begin hacking away at their once normally developing and functioning central nervous and immune systems. Is there any wonder why the U.S. has the highest vaccination rate among the top nations of the world that is matched with the highest mortality rate in children up to five years of age?[7]

Recently published research confirms Generation Rescue’s independent study back in April of 2009: Infant mortality rates regressed against number of vaccine doses routinely given: Is there a biological or synergistic toxicity? The bottom line is this: the more vaccines, the higher the infant mortality rate.[8]

As a national collaboration behind “The Vaccine Apocalypse” has continued to skyrocket, along with neurological, behavioral and learning disorders, SIDS and an autism epidemic, so have vaccines sales, which have now climbed to $27B for 2009 alone, and is projected to reach $35B in 2012! [9] Vaccines have become such a cash cow for the pharmaceutical industry and mainstream medicine, that the CDC strongly advises parents, sometimes enforced through “legal” mandates and penalties, to submit their children to 36 vaccinations by the age of two.[10] Do you think there could be some link between the egregious U.S. vaccine schedule and the alarming new studies that reveal 50% of our children suffer from chronic illnesses and 21% are developmentally disabled?[11]

The H1N1 Swine Flu “Pandemic” of 2009-10

With the pharmaceutical industry riding the financial tidal wave, the CDC was then tapped to mediate another collaborative role. This time it was based on a solid sci-fi theme of a deadly pandemic influenza virus. This more recent effort, enthusiastically regarded by the inside players as the influenza pandemic gravy train, was publically promoted as the H1N1 swine flu pandemic: the race to vaccinate or die! It didn’t achieve an authentic zombie apocalypse status, but it did quickly elevate to a neo-pandemic status once corrupt expert advisors of the World Health Organization (WHO) [12] altered the criteria. Add to this breach of trust, a number of creative assumptions and hypothetical estimates based on CDC computer generated models that conveniently replaced stringent reporting requirements, and there you have it – pandemic made to order!

Evidence mounted, however, that the progression of the swine flu pandemic was being intentionally miscalculated. CBS [13] Reporter, Sharyl Attkisson, eventually uncovered the real statistics in November of 2009 that pulled the plug on the CDC media hype. Unfortunately for investors, the pandemic didn’t achieve the financial success anticipated. Vaccine sales were unexpectedly low and orders for millions of vaccines were cancelled. Overstocks of dated swine flu vaccine resulted with many clinics and centers offering the vaccines free to the public rather than incur the costs of disposal through a Haz Mat medical waste system, which is mandatory by law because of the hazardous waste content of the mercury-containing thimerosal. [14]

Supporting the misinformation promoted by the CDC sci-fi experts concerning the safety of thimerosal was Secretary of Health and Human Services (HHS), Kathleen Sebelius, who repeated the same mantra on the CBS Evening News: “Thimerosal has been proven to be safe.” For those who enjoy performing the statistical gymnastics required to embrace this unexplainable conclusion, here’s a thoroughly-untested-for-safety history of thimerosal, courtesy of the Adventures in Autism blog.[15]

Curiously, the CDC forgot to mention the numerous serious adverse events reported concerning vaccine-induced miscarriages and stillbirths caused by injecting this toxic hazardous waste material into pregnant women. A report from the National Coalition of Organized Women (NCOW)[16] on October 28, 2010 estimated the number of miscarriages and stillbirths directly caused by the flu vaccines to be as high as 3,587. Consider that the H1N1 swine and seasonal flu vaccines took more lives through miscarriages and stillbirths alone than the flu virus itself. This doesn’t include the many other serious adverse reactions suffered by infants, children and adults such as death, seizure, neurological impairment, narcolepsy and other permanent disabilities that were reported throughout the U.S. and globally. These reports of serious reactions often prompted the immediate withdrawal of the vaccine or significant restrictions for use on infants and children under five in other countries, but not in the U.S.

If you still believe the risks associated with the flu justifies exposing you and your children to the dangers of flu vaccines, consider the number of documented influenza-associated deaths for the last flu season. Buried deep within the CDC website, recent statistics from the CDC’s Morbidity and Mortality Report of May 14, 2011, revealed there were only 105 pediatric and 206 adult documented laboratory-confirmed influenza-associated deaths. The CDC computer generated numbers of approximately 36,000 deaths per year[17] are not even close to reality. Is anyone curious about the true statistics for other diseases for which vaccines are promoted? You should be.

In light of this horror history, the CDC has been pressing hard to restore public confidence using new marketing strategies to lure the uninformed public into vaccine compliance. This requires clever concoctions of information with intense visual graphics, such as “Zombie Apocalypse,” along with an absolutely complicit mainstream media, in order to manage public health habits. But “Never Fear - CDC is Ready” to meet the challenge to achieve their next emergency financial goals.

“Even if all the experts agree, they may well be mistaken.” -Bertrand Russell

Click here for part -----> 1, 2,

Footnotes:

1. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention: Emergency Preparedness and Response; “Social Media: Preparedness 101: Zombie Apocalypse,” by Ali S. Khan, MD, MPH; May 16, 2011.
    2. “Mitochondrial Dysfunction, Impaired Oxidative-Reduction Activity, Degeneration, and Death In Human Neuronal and Fetal Cells Induced by Low-Level Exposure to Thimerosal and Other Metal Compounds;” Toxicological & Environmental Chemistry Volume 91, Issue 4, 2009.
    3. “Lead, Mercury Inhibit Critical Cell Function;” Science Daily, February 21, 2007.
    4. “Aluminum in Vaccines Increases Thimerosal's Toxicity,” by Teresa Binstock, Researcher in Developmental & Behavioral Neuroanatomy, October 1, 2009.
    5. “Study Clearly Demonstrates That Aluminum Found in Vaccines Can Cause Neurologic Damage,” by Roman Bystrianyk, September 21, 2009.
    6.How Mercury Causes Brain Neuron Degeneration,” F.L Lorscheider, C.C.W. Leong, N.I. Syed, Department of Physiology and Biophysics; University of Calgary, Faculty of Medicine & Advanced Media for Learning.
    7.Vaccines and Autism around the World,“ by Generation Rescue, April 2009.
    8. “Infant Mortality Rates Regressed Against Number of Vaccine Doses Routinely Given: Is There a Biochemical or Synergistic Toxicity?” Human & Experimental Toxicology, May 4, 2011.
    9. “Scientists and Drug Companies Scheme to Avoid FDA Scrutiny and Exploit US Vaccine Programme Immunity Against the Public Interest,” by John Stone; Age of Autism, May 20, 2011.
    10. “Judge Blackmails Parents Over Immunizing Their Children,” by Jim Kouri; NewsWithViews, November 19, 2007.
    11. “Alarming New Studies: 50% of U.S. Children Have Chronic Disease/Disorders, 21% Developmentally Disabled,” by Augie; Journal of Natural Food and Health, May 26, 2011.
    12. “WHO Advisor Secretly Pads Pockets with Big Pharma Money,” by Dr. Mercola, January 7, 2010.
    13. “Superstar CBS Reporter Blows the Lid Off the Swine Flu Media Hype and Hysteria,” by Dr. Mercola, November 24, 2009.
    14. “Managing Excess Vaccines,” from the Wisconsin Department of Natural Resources, Revised February 2010.
    15. “The History of Thimerosal and Autism,” Adventures in Autism; Updated June 12, 2007.
    16. “CDC Allegedly Falsifies Reports--Ignoring Up To 3,587 Miscarriages From H1N1 Vaccine,” by National Coalition of Organized Women (NCOW), October 28, 2010.
    17. “Death by Flu, the Big Lie Crumbles,” by David M. Burd, Medical Technology Consultant; Age of Autism, June 3, 2011.

© 2011 Stephen L'Hommedieu - All Rights Reserved
    Stephen C. L’Hommedieu, DC resides in Wichita, Kansas. His practice, Advanced Alternatives for Health, specializes in many difficult to treat health conditions. His clinical expertise is in developing safe and effective methods for treatment of toxic metals and chemicals. These he considers being the most insidious substances to human health, and a component of all chronic health issues, such as allergies, asthma, autism, etc. He has the ability for uncovering and explaining the unexplainable underlying reasons behind complex health disorders.

Dr. L’Hommedieu graduated from the University of Maryland, College Park in 1992 with a Bachelor of Science in Biology and an emphasis in physiology. He went on to complete a second Bachelor of Science in Human Anatomy, and in 1996 received a Doctor of Chiropractic from Parker College of Chiropractic in Dallas, Texas. His postgraduate and personal studies emphasize areas of kinesiology, therapeutic nutrition, acupuncture, chiropractic, biochemistry and organic chemistry.

As a Christian, Dr. L’Hommedieu stands on the whole truth of scripture, and believes God’s hand in our healing works through both His physical and Spiritual laws. Dr. L’Hommedieu is a purveyor of education in health care, and readily defends the truth of real science, alternatives in health care and our freedom of choice. He presents lectures and articles on various nutritional and health topics.

For comments or questions you may contact Dr. L’Hommedieu at his website: www.AdvancedAlternativesForHealth.com.

http://www.newswithviews.com/L'Hommedieu/stephen102.htm
    Last edited by AirborneSapper7; 02-02-2012 at 01:12 PM.