Page 144 of 844 FirstFirst ... 4494134140141142143144145146147148154194244644 ... LastLast
Results 1,431 to 1,440 of 8438
Like Tree210Likes

Thread: BASIC LIST / SUGGESTED ITEMS FOR LONG TERM SURVIVAL

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 6 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 6 guests)

South West Florida (Behind friendly lines but still in Occupied Territory)
    The Prepper Movement: Why Are Millions Of Preppers Preparing Feverishly For The End Of The World As We Know It?

October 25th, 2011
    91 comments

In America today, there are millions of "preppers" that are working feverishly to get prepared for what they fear is going to happen to America. There is a very good chance that some of your neighbors or co-workers may be preppers. You may even have noticed that some of your relatives and friends have been storing up food and have been trying to convince you that we are on the verge of "the end of the world as we know it". A lot of preppers like to keep their preparations quiet, but everyone agrees that the prepper movement is growing. Some estimate that there are four million preppers in the United States today. Others claim that there are a lot more than that. In any event, there are certainly a lot of preppers out there. So exactly what are all these preppers so busy preparing for?

Well, the truth is that the motivation for prepping is different for each person. Some preppers believe that a complete collapse of the economy is coming. Others saw what happened to so many during Hurricane Katrina are are determined not to let that happen to them. Some preppers just want to become more independent and self-sufficient. There are yet others that are deeply concerned about "end of the world as we know it" scenarios such as terrorists using weapons of mass destruction, killer pandemics, alien invasions, World War III or EMP attacks.

But whatever the motivation is, the prepper movement is clearly growing. Today, millions of Americans are converting spare rooms into storage pantries, learning how to grow survival gardens and stocking up on everything from gas masks to auxiliary generators.

Recently, the Salina Journal gathered together about two dozen preppers. What they found is that there is a tremendous amount of diversity among preppers, but that they also clearly share a common passion....
    It was a diverse bunch. All different shapes, sizes, ages, gender and political persuasions.
    Some were ex-military. Some never served. Some were unemployed, some had jobs. A few were retired.
    But they all shared a common bond: They call themselves Preppers, and they had gathered to share ideas, demonstrate various skills, enjoy each other's company and to put faces to the online names they use to disguise their identity.
    Never before in U.S. history have we seen anything like this. We are at peace and most of us still have a relatively high standard of living and yet millions of Americans feel called to start preparing for the worst.

A lot of preppers don't like to publicize the fact that they are prepping. As the Salina Journal discovered, a lot of preppers try very hard to keep their prepping to themselves.....
    They are trying to keep their passion for prepping hidden from neighbors and, in some cases, employers who they said would frown on their association with such a group. Two admitted their appearance here would probably get them fired if their companies found out.
    Many people believe that it takes a lot of money and resources to be a prepper, but that is not necessarily the case.
    For some, the best way to get prepared is to radically simplify things.
    For example, a recent article posted on Yahoo Finance profiled a man that lives in his RV and that survives on about $11,000 a year....
    I had an apartment in Burbank and was the typical Los Angeles apartment dweller. I started to feel a strong desire to simplify my life. I had a garage full of stuff I never used, my closets were full, and I started to see that it was costing me money to have an apartment big enough to hold all the stuff I never use.
    My initial plan was to scale back and move into a smaller apartment. Before long, I realized I didn't need too much to be happy. I could fit into a small space. That's when the RV idea occurred to me. I was just sitting in traffic and an RV pulled up. I said, "I could probably fit in that thing." The more I looked into it, the more I realized how practical it would be. For what I was paying for rent in LA, I could own my "house" free and clear and not pay rent, and own my car as well.
    Other people make the most of what they already have. It is absolutely amazing what some families are able to do with limited resources.
    For example, there is one family that is actually producing 6000 pounds of produce a year on just 1/10th of an acre right in the middle of Pasadena, California.
    This family grows more food than they need and they sell the excess to restaurants in the surrounding area. You can see video of their amazing garden right here.
    Other Americans take prepping to the other extreme. For example, Steven Huff is building a 72,000 square foot "home" (some call it a fortress) in Missouri. Huff is the chairman of Wisconsin-based TF Concrete Forming Systems, and he wants to show off what his firm is capable of. Huff claims that this will be "a home that uses very low energy, as well as having strong resistance to tornadoes, hurricanes, earthquakes, fire, flood and insect damage".
    In reality, what Huff is building kind of resembles a castle. You can see pictures of this remarkable "home" right here.
    But Huff is not the only one taking things to extremes.
    In a recent article, I detailed how renowned Texas investor Kyle Bass appears to be very well prepared for the horrible economic collapse that he believes is coming. The following is how one reporter described his recent visit to the 40,000 square foot "fortress" owned by Bass....
    "We hopped into his Hummer, decorated with bumper stickers (God Bless Our Troops, Especially Our Snipers) and customized to maximize the amount of fun its owner could have in it: for instance, he could press a button and, James Bond–like, coat the road behind him in giant tacks. We roared out into the Texas hill country, where, with the fortune he’d made off the subprime crisis, Kyle Bass had purchased what amounted to a fort: a forty-thousand-square-foot ranch house on thousands of acres in the middle of nowhere, with its own water supply, and an arsenal of automatic weapons and sniper rifles and small explosives to equip a battalion."
    Do you think that Bass is taking things too far?
    Well, there are other big names that are busy preparing for the worst as well.
    For instance, Robert Kiyosaki, the best-selling author of the "Rich Dad, Poor Dad" series of books is now a full-fledged prepper.
    He says that he is "prepared for the worst" and that he and his wife "have food, we have water, we have guns, gold and silver, and cash".
    So should the rest of us be preparing?
    Of course we should be. Our nation is drowning in debt, the U.S. economy is dying, the number of earthquakes and other natural disasters is increasing, and the entire globe is becoming an extremely unstable place. If you read my articles on a regular basis, then you know that there are a whole host of reasons to try to become more independent and self-sufficient.
    So what can we all do to get prepared?
    Well, in a previous article I listed a few things that can be done by most people....
    #1 Become Less Dependent On Your Job
    #2 Get Out Of Debt
    #3 Reduce Expenses
    #4 Purchase Land
    #5 Learn To Grow Food
    #6 Find A Reliable Source Of Water
    #7 Explore Alternative Energy Sources
    #8 Store Supplies
    #9 Protect Your Assets With Gold And Silver
    #10 Learn Self-Defense
    #11 Keep Yourself Fit
    #12 Make Friends

For those interested in learning more about preppers and prepping, there are a lot of really great resources out there....
    *American Preppers Network
    *The Survival Mom
    *In Case Of Emergency, Read Blog
    *The Surburban Prepper
    *Doom And Bloom

So what do you think about preppers?
    Do you think that the prepper movement is going too far?
    Do you think that the prepper movement is not going far enough?
    Are there legitimate reasons why Americans should be preparing for difficult times ahead?

Please feel free to leave a comment with your opinion below....

Help Make A Difference By Sharing These Articles On Facebook, Twitter And Elsewhere:

http://endoftheamericandream.com/arc...-as-we-know-it

Last edited by AirborneSapper7; 02-04-2012 at 02:26 AM.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Gun Ownership Soars To 18 Year High: 47% Of Americans Admit To Owning A Gun

Submitted by Tyler Durden
    10/26/2011 17:57 -0400

Americans may be fleeing from stocks in droves, but they sure aren't shy about rotating the resulting meager liquidation proceeds into weaponry. According to Gallup, http://www.gallup.com/poll/150353/Self- ... -1993.aspx "Forty-seven percent of American adults currently report that they have a gun in their home or elsewhere on their property. This is up from 41% a year ago and is the highest Gallup has recorded since 1993, albeit marginally above the 44% and 45% highs seen during that period." Considering the social situation "out there", and the fact that the world is one badly phrased or translated headline away from a complete HFT-facilitated market collapse, this is hardly all that suprising.

More:

The new result comes from Gallup's Oct. 6-9 Crime poll, which also finds public support for personal gun rights at a high-water mark. Given this, the latest increase in self-reported gun ownership could reflect a change in Americans' comfort with publicly stating that they have a gun as much as it reflects a real uptick in gun ownership.

Not surprisingly, republicans pack more heat than democrats. Perhaps it is best not to piss too many off...

Republicans (including independents who lean Republican) are more likely than Democrats (including Democratic leaners) to say they have a gun in their household: 55% to 40%. While sizable, this partisan gap is narrower than that seen in recent years, as Democrats' self-reported gun ownership spiked to 40% this year.

Women are more armed than ever. Perhaps it is best not to piss too many off...

The percentage of women who report household gun ownership is also at a new high, now registering 43%

Southerners, yes shocking, are the best armed of all. Perhaps it is best not to piss too many off...

Gun ownership is more common in the South (54%) and Midwest (51%) than in the East (36%) or West (43%) -- a finding typical of Gallup's trends in gun ownership by region.

Gallup's conclusion: "A clear societal change took place regarding gun ownership in the early 1990s, when the percentage of Americans saying there was a gun in their home or on their property dropped from the low to mid-50s into the low to mid-40s and remained at that level for the next 15 years. Whether this reflected a true decline in gun ownership or a cultural shift in Americans' willingness to say they had guns is unclear. However, the new data suggest that attitudes may again be changing. At 47%, reported gun ownership is the highest it has been in nearly two decades -- a finding that may be related to Americans' dampened support for gun-control laws. However, to ensure that this year's increase reflects a meaningful rebound in reported gun ownership, it will be important to see whether the uptick continues in future polling."

Our conclusion: Buy gold. Buy guns. Buy ammo. Be prepared. It's coming.

h/t John Lohman

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/gun-owner ... owning-gun
    Last edited by AirborneSapper7; 02-04-2012 at 02:28 AM.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Last edited by AirborneSapper7; 02-04-2012 at 02:29 AM.

When the POOP Hits the Oscillator

By Country Codger, on October 22nd, 2011

I have been asked to share my perspective (vision or nightmare) of what will happen when the Poop finally hit’s the fan. You asked for it, you got it.

No matter what happens, massive earthquakes, tsunamis Coronal Mass… you know whats, EMP’s (manmade or natural) the ultimate crisis will be caused by none other than an economic Crisis. How can I say that?

Easy look at history. Japan was bombed to oblivion in WWII, received the first atomic bombs in modern warfare and still it rebuilt itself.

Now, after being struck with a major earthquake of Biblical proportions and then crushed by a tsunami which in turn has caused the largest nuclear crisis in history, yesterday, the dollar dropped below the historic low of the dollar to the yen since WWII.

Hiroshima, Japan 1945

Why? We have had no major earthquakes, tsunamis, major nuclear disasters.
    Our infrastructure is still basically intact. Japan cannot even operate their own factories because of the limited amount of electricity. It has to have South Korea build most of its automobiles. Japan produces no oil and negligible amounts of natural gas.

The U.S. is producing oil and gas and discovering new fields and has developed technology to increase oil production from previously inaccessible oil strata. So if it had to do with natural resources, or major disasters the dollar should be worth 200 or more yen. Why is it that the yen is stronger than the dollar. Because the fundamentals upon which the dollar is based are collapsing.

The dollar is only valuable right now because of the Bretton-Woods Agreement which came out of WWII. Everybody in the world has to buy dollars in order to purchase any internationally traded commodity. Otherwise we would be a poster child for economic collapse. Greeks would be saying, “It sure is bad but at least we don’t live in America.”

Detroit, Michigan 1945

So, we are lucky right? Nope.
    People around the world are waking up and are tired of the old Bretton-Woods banking arrangement. Countries such as China, India, Saudi Arabia, Russia and others are using their own currencies in commodity swaps with other nations.

This will encourage others, which will encourage others to do the same thing. Pretty soon you will be wiping the poop off the oscillator with 100 dollar bills, because that and starting fires will be the only thing they will be good for.

What about EMP’s and Coronal Mass..uh..you know and what about… It doesn’t make any difference. If the American economy was healthy, say pre-1964 we could work and produce our way out of the problem even if we had to do it with steam power or horses.

We did it once we could easily do it again. But our manufacturing infrastructure is destroyed and we don’t have the financial ability to rebuild.

We have sold and traded all of our national gold, and silver is now called “an industrial metal.”

Odd, for 5 ˝ thousand years before this gold and silver were true wealth. America is now broke and the International Banksters are just waiting for the day that they can hammer the Foreclosure Sale sign in the front yard of the u.s. of A. for everyone in the world to see.

Hiroshima, Japan 2011

When Americans, out of fear, allowed Franklin Deranged Roosevelt
    to talk them out of their wealth and placed them under a Constitutional dictatorship form of government in March 1933 our end was sealed (I am currently considering an article on this and it will shock some and piss off the rest but I will document it if I have the time.) It has just taken a long time to get here. We are headed for foreclosure. (This is the second time I have made this point.)

(Stark contrast between the two cities. Hiroshima died in an instant. Detroit is dying from rot slowly.)

William Livingstone house, Detroit 2011

In foreclosure, an officer of the court posts a notice of foreclosure on the property
    for all to see.

(Of course if you are BofA, Wells Fargo, CITI, Fanny, Freddie, or Peewee Herman all you have to do is grease palms with Federal Reserve Notes instead of following the laws of the land and skip all those needless steps.

Hell, you don’t even need a deed, title or mortgage, just foreclose and make the property owner prove you are wrong. See what I mean?)

So what, you ask? The banksters will foreclose and their court is the Court of International Settlements? Who is the officer of the court? The U.N. is the high sheriff and is in charge of placing countries into receivership. Don’t believe me, ask Muamar Qaddafi.

The U.N. authorized N.A.T.O. action in Libya, hello. You saw what kind of treatment Libya and ultimately Qaddafi received. The countries resources have been hijacked, international accounts frozen (read stolen), and now the largest reserves of the sweetest, lightest crude in the Middle East just got placed under the protection of the receivers in bankruptcy.

Oh, and where is Qaddafi’s more than 9 billion dollars in gold bullion?

Probably in the same place as all the gold bullion taken from the vault underneath WTC7 BEFORE it was never struck by an aircraft and burned to the ground against all the laws of physics.

Get my point? IF the American economy was healthy no disaster could stop America from coming back from the brink of destruction. Unfortunately, the DISASTER is our economy and we are over the brink. We are in free fall and it is not the fall that kills you but the sudden stop.

So what do I see as the scenario? I believe it will take place sometime after the 2012 elections.

Why? Because the Federal Reserve has done everything in its bag of tricks, to keep this train chugging down the tracks, as it can. (Even if Ron Paul is elected I believe he will be either assassinated, the economy will be willfully imploded or a huge false flag event will take place that will destroy at least 3, possibly more, major urban areas.)

We are from the government and we are here to help!

In others words we are doomed? No way.
    This is America and there is at least one gun for every citizen, on average. Unfortunately, for the first year or so, most people will simply try to exist.

Probably, (remember, this is my opinion and opinions cannot be wrong no matter how much they stink) two-thirds of the people in this country will die during the first two years after the fall. It will be a combination of events but about one half that number will be because of lawlessness, the rest due to disease or starvation.

I think it will take three to four years to stabilize the situation, i.e. kill the outlaws and use alternative forms of medicine before things stop getting worse. However, there is a rule of thumb that kicks in about this time.

When the smallest kid in class kicks the class bully’s butt then everyone he ever bullied will try to kick his butt. It will be during this time that I believe America will suffer some form of invasion.

Maybe, it will be under the auspices of stabilizing America, or restoring order or maybe just to settle an old debt. Here is a propaganda film that will be released soon. http://www.reddawnmovienews.com.

I once heard Lindsay Williams say that that the Elite will always tell you bfore they do something. I was shocked. This was almost word for word what Zbigniew Brzinski said years ago when asked how he knew about a particular event coming to pass in advance of it happening.

It is at this time things get ticklish. About 100 million, heavily armed and motivated Americans will have absolutely little mercy on an invading army. I think an invading army from the west will be stopped at the Sierra Nevada’s or at worst, at the Rockies.

An army invading from the east will be stopped in the Smoky/Adirondack chain and if not there then at the mighty Mississippi.

It might even be an army from each direction, China/Russia alliance from the west and U.N./European contingent from the east. Remember, they are blaming the U.S. for their current fiscal problems. What happens when their problems get ten times or one hundred times worse than they are now?

I think they will have bit off more than they can chew and in the end we will triumph.
    But when will it end? One year? Two? Three? Ten? Will it turn nuclear or just stay conventional? Quien sabe?

America has been the biggest bully on the block for a long time, post World War One and a lot of people worldwide resent that.

At some point in time we will be due our comeuppance.

Unfortunately, there are several new bullies waiting in the wings. China and the Pan-Asian League? Maybe. Revised Russian/Soviet Empire? Possible. Make no mistake about it,some one will be ready to take on the old bully for a shot at the title.

Am I cynical?
    Well, like I’ve said before, I always thought of myself as an upbeat kind of guy. But my Mary Poppins attitude, that just a spoon full of sugar helps the medicine go down, is gone.

I listen to a lot of radio programs and I have listened to Alex Jones regularly for a couple of years.

There are many things I admire about that young man but I have one criticism, not of Alex but for the mistaken believe that the Illuminati care one whit whether we know what they are doing or not.

They really don’t care, as long as it doesn’t upset their timetable. When it does, they just back up and punt.

War and Depression are just Urban Renewal for the Elite.

These people, the “elite”, Illuminists, assholes, really do drink blood and eat human flesh from fetuses.
    They plot and plan the deaths of millions of people by any number of means.

They own armies, parliaments, congresses and dictators. And, if a random dictator gets out of line, what happens? Ask Qaddafy Duck. They order their enforcers to go in and clean house and “foreclose” on the property, make no mistake about it.

They will kill one million, two million, ten million or one hundred million Americans to foreclose on the greatest piece of real estate this side of Heaven. America is the final jewel to add to their “CROWN” jewels collection.

I am a simple country boy and I like simple logic. If we want to keep America, we cannot win by disclosing their names on radios or TV or satellites. We can only win, and keep our nation by killing them.

To quote General George Smith Patton, “No poor dumb son of a bitch ever won a war by dying for his country. He won the war by making the other poor dumb son of a bitch die for his country.”

If we want to win this war, they, the elite, have to die. We have to pull them out of their hiding places, their bunkers and drain pipes and kill them as expeditiously as possible.

Now, having said that, this is not a call to arms. Like my other articles in the past, it is a call to get armed. You must get armed and become proficient with the weapons of your choice. Don’t run out and buy a gun and say I said for you to start shooting people. This is as far from the truth as anything could be.

What will America be like in the short term after the collapse? The first stage will be to HUNKER down. You will have to get to your refuge, make sure you have adequate provisions for your group and ride out the initial storm. The initial storm will proabably consist of a FORMAL declaration of martial law.

Eventually, the National Guard and the military will walk away and return to protect they families, their loved ones. They are not fools, they know what is coming down the pike.

I believe the initial storm will last one to two years. That is why I have repeatedly said that you need a minimum of one year’s worth of food for each man, woman and child in your group. You should have extra for stragglers.

Here is a word about provisions. I have told you what to stock and how to stock it and now we need to look at something very important, SKILLS. If your group consist of 12 adults and you are all computer programmers and have no other skill sets you are in deep doodoo. You need diversity of skills within your group. You need someone proficient in the following skillsets (minimum):

Medicine
    – no you don’t need to look for a brain surgeon. I would find an herbalist and/or nurse or EMT,

Firearms and self defense
    – you do not need to have Rambo in your group but you should have someone who is proficient enough with firearms to teach others and do basic maintenance and repairs of broken equipment. This will also be the person that will teach all of you to reload you own ammunition.

Most people can be taught to use a few basic holds, punches and gouges to save their life in an emergency and this person should be proficient enough to teach it. Look for former military, cops, private security or martial artist,

Farming/gardening -
    at some point you will have to grow your own food to replenish your dwindling food stocks. This is as much an art form as it is a science. To find the right person look for the biggest and best gardens and start there,

Mechanics
    – this specialist will keep your equipment repaired and design/build new equipment that is better, more efficient or quieter than before.

There may not be a big need for auto mechanics but since you can run diesels on any oil and older gas vehicles on wood smoke this may be the person that keeps you out of the dark during the dark ages. (Note: I am not telling you this, but a diesel truck will run on the oil taken from transformers on electrical poles. I did not say this and make sure you have waited until all electricity is dead.)

Nutrition – notice I did not say cook. This is the person that will keep you healthy by planning well balanced meals. If you plan on eating a lot of meat, foraged for the countryside, you better have a lot of milk of magnesia, Epsom Salts or Ex Lax on hand. Otherwise, the shit WON’T hit the fan,

Logistics
    – this is the discipline of having everything you need when you need it. If your logistician bought 7.62 x 39 ammunition for all your 5.56 x 45 rifles, you have a problem. This person has to be detail oriented in their planning. If you have dehydrated food for a year and no water, you won’t last long. This is a key person.

Communications – is necessary so you can at least hear what is happening. You can do this with a CB radio, shortwave radio or a HAM set.

When you are used to getting information everyday, from multiple sources, to suddenly go cold turkey is frightening. IF there is a roving band of marauders/brigands headed your way you will want as much advanced notice as possible.

Everyone in your group must know every other persons skill. Each specialist much be able to teach what they know to others as well as do their job. Also, there will be a lot of unpleasant tasks that will have to be shared by all. All tasks should be on a rotating basis.

Schedules should be posted and checked everyday by everyone. IN a survival situation there is no EXCUSE. Death is a reason not an excuse.

When asked what type of governmental system our group would use I told everyone that it would be a dictatorship and I am the dic. When it is time to fight or flee you can’t wait to have a discussion and vote. You have to move quickly or you will be dead.

The leader of the group is just that. The leader may also be your mechanical expert or your gardening expert or no expert at all. The leader might be your “can do” person. That person that seems to be able to get anything done when no one else even knows where to start.

Another person you should have is your Tactical Coordinator. In many cases I am sure that this will be your firearms/self defense guru, but not necessarily. These titles are not student body titles to be voted on by the student body in a popular election. They must be based on skill sets, overall proficiency and ability. Your tactical coordinator might be 25 years old or they might be 65, or older. One very important criteria you SHOULD look for: they should be a veteran of an insurgency style conflict. I did not say conventional war veteran. Insurgency/counterinsurgency is a totally different mindset or paradigm.

In counterinsurgency your sniper is your reconnaissance, your artillery and your first strike capability. This is completely different from a conventional war’s needs.

Don’t be guilty of the same mistake I was. When planning my personnel needs I depended upon people, especially family members, that were expert in two or more categories. I have lost two very key and vital people from my group, and also my family, that I depended on heavily.

I valued their opinions and i loved them dearly. I can never replace their roles in my family and it will take at least 6 people to take their places in the group, if I can find them at all. You must have a person responsible for a skill set and train everyone in that skill set. If you lose your farmer and no one else knows diddely about farming you are screwed big time.

I’ve said it in at least one other article and I will say it again. “Do not send your corpsman (medical guru) or your tactical coordinator onto a live battlefield.”

The wounded must be brought to the corpsman and the information brought to the Tactical Coordinator. You cannot afford to lose these two in a battle.
    How many people? Good question. Keep your signature small. Around eight to twelve active members (not counting children) is ideal, 15 is okay but never, ever go over 20.

When you reach twenty, divide into two 10 person groups, not counting children and start over, once again based on skill sets. Keep families intact at all cost. Isn’t that why we are fighting, for our families.

So I’ll boil it down. I do not believe that the united states of America will have any government greater than line of sight communities before three years after the fall. Community communication and coordination will begin around two to three years after the collapse and progress from there.

At some point in time, after most of the bad guys are dead and it is safe to step in and PROTECT America from herself, we will be invaded by the latest bullies of the banksters. In a prolonged insurgency war, we Americans will win out over the sorry bastards sent against us.

After that, we as a nation begin to rebuild based upon sound money and sound business practices. That’s it. Remember, opinions are like a**holes. Everybody has one and they all stink, just some less than others. I know it stinks. I know it is not rosy, but is it REAL. Quien Sabe?

http://theintelhub.com/2011/10/25/wh...he-oscillator/

Last edited by AirborneSapper7; 02-04-2012 at 02:54 AM.

Last edited by AirborneSapper7; 02-04-2012 at 02:56 AM.

Your Beer and Wine Making Superstore!

http://brewsupplies.com/homemade_wine_recipes.htm
    Last edited by AirborneSapper7; 02-04-2012 at 02:58 AM.

Recipes

Homebrew Beer Recipes:

Basic Ale Making Recipe - Basic beer making recipe.
    Gluten Free Beer Making Recipe - Basic GF beer making recipe.
    White Lab Pilsner and Lager Recipes (316kb PDF file)
    White Lab Ale Recipes (477kb PDF file)
    Coopers/Cascadia Importers 46 Homebrew Recipes! (1.52mb PDF file)

Wine Recipes:

General Wine Making Procedure Using FRESH Fruits
    Fruit Wine Recipes - A simple assortment of one gallon recipes!
    Fig Wine Recipes - You can substitute raisins also!
    Concord Grape Wine Recipes - Second (False) Wine Recipe Included!
    Dago Red Wine Recipe (Concord Grapes) - Only Italians can get away with saying Dago!
    Rhubarb Wine Recipes (2) - For your Spring wine making!
    Beet Wine Recipes (2) - Great Color and Flavor
    Red or White Wine Recipe - Primary wine making recipe?
    Red Wine Recipe - As Easy as We Can Make It
    Grape Wine Recipe - Freaked Out Hippie Style
    Blackberry Wine Recipe - Two recipes, one made with honey!
    Choke Cherry Wine Recipes (2) - Two Recipes for your Pleasure!
    Dandelion Wine Recipe #1 - This one looks good!
    Dandelion Wine Recipe #2 - VERY basic!
    Dandelion Wine Recipe #3 - May be the BEST of them all!
    Elderflower Wine Recipe - From a friend in the United Kingdom!
    Mulberry Wine Recipe - Use them before the birds do!
    Peach Wine Recipes (2) - A Couple of Good Recipes!
    Pear Wine Recipe - Something good to do with all those pears!
    Plum Wine Recipes (3) - Easy, Basic, and Versatile.
    Pomegranate Wine Recipe - Make it with Champagne Yeast?
    Rose Petal Wine Recipe - A Good, Light Wine!
    Sake (Saki) Recipe - By Special Request!
    Sherry Wine Recipe - Never tried ourselves, but should taste good.
    Strawberry Wine Recipes (2) - Two different recipes.
    Watermelon Wine Recipe - Watermelon is not just for eating!
    Grandpa Iuliano's Original Wine Making Recipe!

http://www.homebrewit.com/recipes
    Last edited by AirborneSapper7; 02-04-2012 at 03:07 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by AirborneSapper7
    America's best friend you are!
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Episode 27: Basic Home Beer Brewing with Bryan Vandenheuvel

By Nick-LaDieu | August 14, 2011 | Self Sufficiency | 2 Comments

Audio: 27 Basic Beer Brewing http://www.saveourskills.com/podpress_t ... rewing.mp3

Episode 27 Basic Beer Brewing [ 51:47 ] Play Now | Play in Popup | Download (37
    Bryan has been brewing beer for awhile as a means to circumvent the high prices of beer where he lives. In this podcast we learn how brewing your own beer is an economical choice if you enjoy the taste of a nice craft brew.

Bryan is a blogger and he breaks down the process at his website here: http://thecityhomestead.blogspot.com/p/home-brew.html

Resources

http://www.northernbrewer.com/
    http://www.happymountain.net/
    The Alaskan Bootleggers Bible https://www.amazon.com/dp/0967452406/re ... W937CGG49&

http://www.saveourskills.com/basic-home ... ndenheuvel
    Last edited by AirborneSapper7; 02-04-2012 at 03:16 AM.

Adventure Medical Kits Tactical Field/Trauma with QuikClot

The biggest kit in the world won’t make a difference if it’s sitting in camp while you’re in the field. The Field Trauma with QuikClot® is designed to be small enough to stash into a daypack while equipping you with the supplies and information to venture 1-2 days away from your base. A 25g QuikClot® Sport dressing stops life-threatening bleeding fast, while the included bandages, dressings, and medication enable you to stabilize the fracture or sprain, and keep the patient comfortable while you make your way back to camp or await rescue.Features

• QuikClot® Sport™ Sponge stops bleeding fast.
    • Antiseptic wipes and butterfly bandages for closing small wounds.
    • Petrolatum gauze promotes healing and doesn’t adhere to deep puncture wounds.
    • A wide array of medications to treat pain, inflammation, and common allergies.
    • Nitrile examination gloves plus biohazard disposal bag.
    • Hospital-quality tools, including EMT Shears and precision forceps set the standard for backcountry medical care.
    • Wraps and bandages to immobilize fractures and provide support.
    Contents

Bandage Materials
    4 Bandage, Adhesive, Fabric, 1″ x 3″
    3 Bandage, Adhesive, Fabric, Knuckle
    2 Bandage, Butterfly Closure
    1 Bandage, Elastic, Self Adhering, 2″
    2 Dressing, Gauze, Sterile, 2″ x 2″, Pkg./2
    2 Dressing, Gauze, Sterile, 4″ x 4″, Pkg./2
    1 Dressing, Non-Adherent, Sterile, 3″ x 4″

Bleeding
    2 Gloves, Nitrile (Pair), Hand Wipe
    1 QuikClot Sport 25g
    2 Trauma Pad, 5″ x 9″

Blister / Burn
    11 Moleskin, Pre-Cut & Shaped (11 pieces)

Instrument
    3 Safety Pins
    1 Splinter Picker/Tick Remover Forceps

Medical Information
    1 Comp. Guide to Wilderness & Travel Medicine

Medication
    1 After Bite Wipe
    2 Antihistamine (Diphenhydramine 25 mg)
    1 Aspirin (325 mg), Pkg./2
    2 Ibuprofen (200 mg), Pkg./2

Wound Care
    6 After Cuts & Scrapes Antiseptic Wipe
    1 Dressing, Petrolatum, 3″ x 3″
    1 Tape, 1/2″ x 10 Yards
    2 Triple Antibiotic Ointment, Single Use
    Price:$33.79

You may also like

Adventure Medical Kits Field Trauma Kit

http://www.survival-spot.com/adventu...with-quikclot/

Last edited by AirborneSapper7; 02-04-2012 at 03:21 AM.