Page 10 of 59 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131420 ... LastLast
Like Tree27Likes

Thread: Privacy Alert! Big Brother is watching and listening, UPDATED

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

South West Florida (Behind friendly lines but still in Occupied Territory)
    at the very basic level PRISM can be used to Blackmail every single politician; person of Influence; persons with financial assets until the Individuals that control the NSA gets the Desired result. I'm talking at the Local / State / Federal Level; Nationally as well as Internationally in every corner of the World. You are Incredibly Screwed and will be controlled from the Top to Bottom. That Desired result can be anything these leaders can possibly wish. Money Laundering will look like Childs Play / Old School Robbery when it comes to the Financial Markets and Blackmailing Financial Assets Managers.... OR .... The Blackmail of Chief Justices as in what happened to John Roberts
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

April
    I agree prism is the tool that Soros will be using to rule the world, his puppet Obama right along side him. This travesty has to be stopped.

April
    Leaker Snowden Rips Obama for All of His Broken Campaign Promises

Posted by Jim Hoft on Monday, June 17, 2013, 2:54 PM
    Edward Snowden ripped Obama on Monday for all of his broken campaign promises.
    The Politico reported:
    NSA leaker Edward Snowden on Monday criticized President Barack Obama for empty promises in a wide-ranging online interview, saying that the president’s alleged failings influenced his decision to release the secret information on government surveillance.
    “Obama’s campaign promises and election gave me faith that he would lead us toward fixing the problems he outlined in his quest for votes. Many Americans felt similarly. Unfortunately, shortly after assuming power, he closed the door on investigating systemic violations of law, deepened and expanded several abusive programs, and refused to spend the political capital to end the kind of human rights violations like we see in Guantanamo, where men still sit without charge,” Snowden said in a response to a question from a commenter on The Guardian’s website.
    Snowden was responding to this question: “Why did you wait to release the documents if you said you wanted to tell the world about the NSA programs since before Obama became president?”

April
    Snowden Appears Live on Guardian Website, Believes US Could Kill Him

Tom Grundy, an activist, blogger and co-organizer supporting Edward Snowden's campaign, browses the live chat with Snowden on the Guardian website from his house in Hong Kong on June 17.

Monday, 17 Jun 2013 03:22 PM

Edward Snowden, the self-confessed leaker of the documents revealing the National Security Agency's top-secret phone and Internet surveillance program, appeared suddenly online Monday and began answering questions live on the The British Guardian newspaper's website.

The Guardian was the newspaper that first reported Snowden's revelations of NSA monitoring.

The 29-year-old former NSA contractor, who is reportedly still in Hong Kong, began answering questions on why he revealed the agency's top-secret program at 11 a.m. Eastern Standard Time. There was no independent way for news services to determine that it was actually Snowden answering the questions.

But the commentator identified as Snowden talked about the media frenzy that has since ensued, and offered his thoughts on his now-uncertain future.

He also dismissed being called a traitor by several lawmakers as well as former Vice President Dick Cheney, who made the allegations in an interview on Fox News Sunday.

“Being called a traitor by Dick Cheney is the highest honor you can give an American, and the more panicked talk we hear from people like him... the better off we all are,” he said.

“This is a man who gave us the warrantless wiretapping scheme as a kind of atrocity warm-up on the way to deceitfully engineering a conflict that has killed over 4,400 and maimed nearly 32,000 Americans, as well as leaving over 100,000 Iraqis dead,” he said.

The live chat appeared on the the columnist page of Glenn Greenwald, the American reporter who broke the story after making contact with Snowden. Greenwald monitored the chat.

In his initial answers published on the website, Snowden avoided a specific question on the scope of documents he has in his possession, but he said he believed the federal government wants to either jail or murder him.

He also said he didn't reveal any U.S. operations "against legitimate military targets. ... I pointed out where the NSA has hacked civilian infrastructure such as universities, hospitals, and private businesses because it is dangerous."
    "How many sets of the documents you disclosed did you make, and how many different people have them? If anything happens to you, do they still exist?" a questioner asked Snowden.

"All I can say right now is the U.S. government is not going to be able to cover this up by jailing or murdering me. Truth is coming, and it cannot be stopped," Snowden wrote.
    http://www.newsmax.com/newswidget/snowden-live-guardian-nsa/2013/06...

April
    Rep sparks confusion over claim NSA can wiretap without warrant

Published June 17, 2013
    FoxNews.com

A Capitol Hill lawmaker sparked a string of conflicting statements about the limits of U.S. surveillance after claiming during a hearing last week that he was told officials can listen to phone calls without a warrant.
    Rep. Jerrold Nadler made the comments during a hearing Thursday, but has since appeared to walk them back as the intelligence community denied the claim. Meanwhile, NSA leaker Edward Snowden continued to fuel the speculation on Monday when he claimed, during an online chat, that the “content” of Americans’ communications is accessible to some analysts without a warrant.
    Earlier this month, Snowden, until recently an NSA contractor, disclosed information about the federal government’s widespread data collection on phone calls and Internet activities, including emails and text messages.
    Such practices, in the aftermath of 9/11, were known to Washington lawmakers. But the depth and range shocked the public and at least some on Capitol Hill, who have tried to learn to what extent the government listens to conversations or reads emails and other messages without a warrant for the Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Act court.
    The latest controversy started late Saturday when the online tech publication CNET published a report on the New York Democratic congressman’s comments. According to CNET’s reading of the remarks, Nadler said he was told during a briefing that phone call contents could be accessed "simply based on an analyst deciding that."
    http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2013/06/17/congressman-remark-on-ns...

April
    3 NSA veterans speak out on whistle-blower: We told you so:

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/2013/06/16/snowden-whis...

April
    CONGRESS: WHO THE HELL DO YOU PEOPLE THINK YOU ARE?

By: Devvy
    June 2, 2013
    NewsWithViews.com

Certified Mail Receipt: 7012 1010 0002 9855 8410

Colonel & Mrs. John B. Kidd
    P.O. Box 1102
    Big Spring, Texas 79721

June 1, 2013

Congressman Randy Neugebauer
    1510 Scurry St. Suite B
    Big Spring, TX 79720

Congressman Neugebauer:

Let me start off by saying I have been registered no party since 1996, so I have no political ax to grind.
    As you are aware, the National Security Administration (NSA) is building a facility in Utah benignly called the Utah Data Center. $2 billion borrowed dollars since the people's purse is nearly $17 TRILLION dollars over drawn thanks to free spenders like you who pay no attention to Art. 1, Sec. 8 of the U.S. Constitution. More debt plus the interest slapped on our backs, our children and grand children for the rest of our lives.

You may have heard Comrade Mad Max Waters (Democratic/Communist Party USA) made the following statement:
    “The President has put in place an organization with the kind of database that no one has ever seen before in life,” Representative Maxine Waters told Roland Martin on Monday. “That's going to be very, very powerful,” Waters said. “That database will have information about everything on every individual on ways that it's never been done before and whoever runs for President on the Democratic ticket has to deal with that. They're going to go down with that database and the concerns of those people because they can't get around it. And he's [President Obama] been very smart. It's very powerful what he's leaving in place.”

Many news sources like Wired.com have reported the purpose of that center:
    (1) "Intercept, decipher, analyze, and store vast swaths of the world's communications as they zap down from satellites and zip through the underground and undersea cables of international, foreign, and domestic networks.
    (2) "Flowing through its servers and routers and stored in near-bottomless databases will be all forms of communication, including the complete contents of private emails, cell phone calls, and Google searches, as well as all sorts of personal data trails—parking receipts, travel itineraries, bookstore purchases, and other digital “pocket litter.” It is, in some measure, the realization of the “total information awareness” program created during the first term of the Bush administration—an effort that was killed by Congress in 2003 after it caused an outcry over its potential for invading Americans’ privacy."

The U.S. Constitution has never been an impediment to you, Randy. Your voting record bears that out. You voted to eviscerate the Bill of Rights in 2005 when you voted to make the "Patriot" Act permanent. In 2006, you voted yes on allowing electronic surveillance domestically without a warrant. In 2006, you once again voted to shred the Constitution when you voted yes for the John Warner Defense Authorization Act. In 2011, you voted yes on extending the Patriot Act's roving wiretaps. And, the grand daddy of them all: The National Defense Authorization Act in 2012. You voted to allow American citizens to be detained indefinitely without a warrant - something the Founding Fathers would not have tolerated for a split second.
    Please, don't insult my intelligence by trying to feed me the bull manure you feed the uninformed in this district about the nebulous "war on terror" that has become nothing but a massive money making machine for defense contractors and members of Congress that own stock in companies who profit from the phony "war on terror."

The Republican controlled Congress under Bush and the Republican controlled U.S. House of Representatives since he left office (with the exception of one two year period) is a duplicate of what Adolph Hitler did when the Nazi's controlled Germany. I'm a dedicated student of history, so I know what I'm talking about. With today's advanced technology, it's even more egregious.
    My question is: Who the hell do you people think you are? What the "Utah Data Center" will be doing is a repeat of Hitler's Germany constantly tracking the movement of every citizen, their everyday whereabouts, activities and where we spend our money. A Republican controlled Congress and then the U.S. House side after Bush left office has done nothing but strip us of our God-given rights and stomp on states rights. Is it any wonder the approval rating for Congress is at about 11%?

After the Marxist usurper squatting in the White House signed the unconstitutional "stimulus" act, you people in the Outlaw Congress (yes, outlaws because you rob and steal from us the same as bandits did in the "old West") provided millions of dollars for doctors and health care providers to put people's medical records onto discs and make them available for yet another massive data base. Not mandatory, just here's bushels of money to offset the cost, send us the records. Know what I said? The hell you will. I wrote to my primary health care provider and the neurosurgeons who operated on me twice. I told them I do not want my medical records released to anyone in the U.S. government. If that was unacceptable to them, I would terminate my association with he/she and take MY medical records with me. I also wrote to the Rear Admiral who headed TriCare/Humana at the time with the same request. I was assured my records would not be released to any government agency for any reason without my explicit written permission.

As I constituent, I want you to respond in writing to my questions:

1. What type of information will the Utah Data Center will be collecting and storing? I want specifics like: cell phone records, email, cell phone records and conversations, any purchases a person makes, banking records, medical information and so forth.
    There's no question such snooping will provide the potential for violating attorney client privilege, doctor to patient communications, husband and wife communications, communications via email between judges and other specific confidences that have always been held sacrosanct. I don't care how they encrypt, somone government - like the communist Chinese - manage to hack into computers in this country. They've been doing it and it will get worse.

2. Does any of the NSA's so-called mission include American citizens? Again, I don't want some Congress double-speak, I want to know if average, ordinary people like my husband and I who have never had a "brush" with the law will have our data and lives mined by that snooping agency and stored at the Utah Data Center.

If the answer to 2 is affirmative, I want you to tell me exactly where in the U.S. Constitution it gives you, the NSA or any other government snooping agency the right to collect data on my life and activities, record phone conversations or any other form of snooping?

None of the alphabet soup agencies can do what they're doing without the approval of Congress since they were created by an Act of Congress and Congress has direct over sight. If alphabet soup agencies are snooping on American citizens without our knowledge, they're getting away with it because you have done nothing to stop it. In this case, we the people intend to stop it by refusing to roll over and allow snoopers like the NSA to get away with it even it means going to court.

Signed,
    Devvy Kidd

Let's see what he says for the record. As you can see, I sent the letter certified mail to Neugebauer's district office in my town, not to Washington, DC. That way old Randy can't say he never got my letter. Additionally, their offices in DC get flooded with thousands of pieces of mail every week. All 535 of them go back to their district offices for the weekend and their long, extended "breaks" and vacations, so my letter won't get lost in the Washington shuffle. Oh, and the number of days the House will be in session this year: 126 days. That's 4 1/2 months. They get paid for 12 months.

Killer of American jobs, Speaker of the House John Boehner, is paid $223,500 per year. That means we the people pay him $18,625 per month, 12 months a year for working 4 1/2 months.

'Rank and file' house and senate members - $174,000 per year. That means we the people pay professional, career hookers like Randy Neugebauer $14,500 per month, 12 months a year for working 4 1/2 months.
    Oh, they squawk and insist they're "always working for you". True. Some committees do stay in Foggy Bottom for this and that periodically. But, in reality, they work for whoever pays the most for their favors. Both parties.
    I'm also filing a FOIA (Freedom of Information Act) request with the NSA; certified mail. I want to know if they have any kind of file on me or my husband. I recommend you do the same as well. Snail mail your U.S. House member and ask them the same questions I did in my letter to Neugebauer; send it to their district office. You may not know it, but you can also file a FOIA with the FBI and get any file they have on you. Be sure to get your FOIA letter notarized or the FBI won't release it.
    We the people must take a pro-active position and fight them on this as we did back in 2003. Bush, Jr., thought he could ram the “total information awareness” program down our throats because the evil doers count on the American people being unaware of what's going on or simply don't care about their freedom and liberty. Suddenly, more and more unconstitutional draconian bills become "law". The Marxist in the White House has only continued where his predecessors left off.
    He who shouts the loudest gets the most attention and results.

By the way, if you don't know about the John Warner Defense Authorization Act, you can get an accurate report here:
    "As with any act of Congress, the Posse Comitatus Act may be repealed by subsequent act of Congress. In the case of the Posse Comitatus Act, the John Warner National Defense Authorization Act of 2007, signed into law by President George W. Bush on October 17, 2006, amended the law by adding the following language: "The President may employ the armed forces to restore public order in any State of the United States the President determines hinders the execution of laws or deprives the people of a right, privilege, immunity, or protection named in the Constitution and secured by law or opposes or obstructs the execution of the laws of the United States or impedes the course of justice under those laws."

"Fortunately for our Republic and the rule of law that has kept us free, the sweeping changes made by the Warner Act were completely repealed by passage of the National Defense Authorization Act for Fiscal Year 2008. Accordingly, the present state of the applicable law governing the use of federal troops in matters of domestic law enforcement is the Insurrection Act of 1807."
    If you are opposed to the NSA snooping into your life and keeping a data base on everything you say in private emails, snooping into your credit card records or debt card purchases, what books you read, hotels you stay at or any other part of your private life, write that letter. As for Google and other search engines: They are harvesting your data and selling it which is how they make their billions.
    Well, they don't get it from me; I use startpage.com. I also never use Yahoo:

Yahoo to Users: Let Us Read Your Emails or -- Goodbye!

"As of June 1, all Yahoo email users are required to upgrade to the company's newest platform, which allows Yahoo to scan and analyze every email they write or receive. According to Yahoo's help page, all users who make the transition agree to let the company perform "content scanning and analyzing of your communications content" to target ads, offer products, and perform "abuse protection."

"This means any message that Yahoo's algorithms find disturbing could flag a user as a bully, a threat, or worse. At the same time, Yahoo can now openly troll through email for personal information that it can share or hold onto indefinitely. Gay and haven't come out yet? Yahoo knows. Having an affair? Your spouse may not know — but Yahoo does. Any interests, ailments or projects you'd rather not share? You're sharing them with Yahoo, perhaps forever.

"The new tracking policy affects more than just Yahoo account holders. Everyone who corresponds with a Yahoo email account holder will also have their own message content scanned, analyzed, and stored by Yahoo, even if they themselves have not agreed to Yahoo's new terms of service.

"Emailing through Yahoo means surrendering your privacy, whether it's your own account or your friend's," says Harvard-trained privacy expert Katherine Albrecht, who is helping to develop StartMail, an upcoming email service that will not scan its users' correspondence. "It's time we start paying attention to these policies, because they're growing more shockingly abusive every day," she added."

That means if you send me email with a Yahoo account, I'm going to delete it without opening it. I'm sorry, but if we don't stop the snoopers now, it will only get worse. Those "free" email accounts are more costly than people realize.If you value your privacy, don't put it off --- write your congress critter about NSA's new Utah Data Center and get your file from the FBI. You can bet they have one on you just because they've been getting away with it for decades because Congress has allowed it to go on and because we the people haven't shouted loud enough.

April
    NSA Leaker: Analysts Receive Your Emails

Print Article Send a Tip

by Breitbart News 17 Jun 2013, 10:44 AM PDT

On Monday, NSA leaker Edward Snowden suggested in an online interview with The Guardian (UK) that someone at the National Security Agency does indeed receive the content of your emails. “If I target for example an email address, for example under FAA 702, and that email address sent something to you, Joe America, the analyst gets it. All of it. IPs, raw data, content, headers, attachments, everything. And it gets saved for a very long time – and can be extended further with waivers rather than warrants.”

He added that he stands by his original accusation that he had the power to wiretap anyone, up to and including the president of the United States’ personal email.

http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Government/2013/06/17/NSA-leaker-readi...

April
    NSA Leaker: Feds Subverting Democracy

by Ben Shapiro 17 Jun 2013, 10:28 AM PDT 3 post a comment
    NSA leaker Edward Snowden blasted Congress’ willingness to sign off on massive federal surveillance of American citizens in an online interview with The Guardian (UK) on Monday. He said “there was no single moment” that made him want to leak news of the surveillance to the press. Instead, he said, “It was seeing a continuing litany of lies from senior officials to Congress – and therefore the American people – and the realization that Congress, specifically the Gang of Eight, wholly supported the lies that compelled me to act. Seeing someone in the position of James Clapper – the Director of National Intelligence – baldly lying to the public without repercussion is the evidence of a subverted democracy. The consent of the governed is not consent if it is not informed.”

He added that other leakers should step forward because “This country is worth dying for.”

http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Governm...gress-informed

April
    Petition in support of Snowden nears 81,000 signatures

Politics | Josh Peterson

White House petition backing NSA leaker nears 100,000 signatures

Page 10 of 59 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131420 ... LastLast