Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Well, I think Ron Paul is a very strong candidate... and one that you MUST consider because Tancredo and Hunter will not endure. I don't say that because I don't like them, I say that because their funding and such just won't be up there.. eventually they will fall off. Personally, I DIG Tancredo...

But Ron Paul is a man of principle, he is wise to the NAFTA-NAU and all those shenanigans..

Read here:

http://www.ronpaul2008.com/issues/

That is where he stands and the platform he is running on.

Listen.. When the dust settles, you MUST pick Ron Paul IF your choice of Tancredo and Hunter fall thru.. Why, Guliani LOVES amnesty and had a sanctuary city, he is also "in" on the NAU, as well as thompson..

** another point: Ron Paul has been trying to get legislation thru that would end birthright citizenship.

Also, you are not seeing "why" he thinks troops should not be on the border. Don't resort to demogoguery. Federal Troops is not in line with the constitution.. But that doesn't mean he doens't agree with national guards on the borders, as well as actually keeping his word and supplying the proper funding..

Ask questions on his forum:

ronpaulforums.com

If you really want to know about him. there are some very strong anti-illegal followers there, as well as me... and I think you will get the answers you want.

This forum is NOT the place to go to find info on Ron Paul... seriously.

See, there are 'reasons' why he choose to vote yes on a bill, or no on a bill, and many of the forum posters know why... and they will tell you.

No disrespect to tancredofan but he is very critical without possible looking at "why" ron paul votes a certain way.

MW
    tinybobidaho wrote:

I am still looking at the candidates, but I keep going back to Duncan Hunter. He's a common sense type of guy with a personality that tells me he would work well with others without going against his American principals. He would be strong in foreign affairs and a good military leader. And I like the fact that he would rip up the trade agreement we have with China and start all over.

Unless someone better comes along, Hunter's my man.
    Almost a ditto!

I've done a thorough search on all three candidates and have arrived at my choice - DUNCAN HUNTER!

Please read what I just finished writing here:

http://www.alipac.us/modules.php?name=F ... ic&t=72785

Hunter is heads and shoulders above Tancredo and Paul in my opinion. However, I will support Tancredo or Paul should Hunter not make it to the primaries. If Hunter is still around during the primaries - he gets my vote hands down.

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Here is what I found:

explanation:

From The Office of Ron Paul: Regarding the extension of section 245(i) of the Immigration and Nationality Act, contained in the Enhanced Border Security and Visa Entry Reform Act (HR 1885).

Rest assured, I am against general amnesty for illegal aliens. Many have suggested that section 244(i) grants "amnesty" to illegal aliens, but this is not true. In fact, it only applies to that group of people who meet the following criteria: they are eleligilble for permanent residency status have lived in this country since Dec. 2000 their application is based on a family relationship that existed prior to Aug. 15, 2001 or on an application for labor certification that was processed before Aug. 15, 2001.

This bill will also allow those who are "waiting in line" for their application to be processed to remain in this country, provided they have a sponsor. In addition, they will be required to pay a penalty of $1000 before they can reapply.

Other provisions of HR 1885 will go a long way toward addressing your concerns regarding border control and security. For example this bill provides for at least 200 additional INS inspectors. and at least 200 additional investigators. It requires the establishment of a government-wide, electronic data-sharing system on persons with terrorist ties, that federal officials could use to determine whether to grant visa application or permit an individual to enter the U.S. In addition, the Justice Dept. will be required to establish a system to electronically track all foreign visa students in the United States. Finally, it would prohibit the issuance of temporary visas to citizens of nations considered to be state sponsors of terrorism, unless it has been determined that the alien does not pose a threat to the safety of American or U.S. national security.

What has not been discussed in the current debate regarding immigration reform is that, rather than luring immigrants to a land of opportunity, our present welfare states draws those from other jurisdictions who come for the security guaranteed by government forced transfer payments. Genuine immigration reform can only result from elimination of the current welfare state and a renewed embracement of the constitutional principles under which transfer payments were the exception rather than the rule. Such a renewal will not only attract the industrious, but will deter those migrants merely looking for a free ride on the backs of taxpayers.

It is an outrage for our government to invite people over here for the express purpose of providing them with taxpayer-funded assistance. Rest assured, I believe that immigrants should not receive any form of welfare or public assistance, and this is why I am cosponsoring HR 190, which would revoke the automatic citizenship, and thus right to welfare benefits, currently granted to the children of illegal immigrants.

MW
    tancredofan wrote:

Ron Paul on The Morton Downey Jr. Show in 1988: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=88REf0tjZHo
    Now that was funny.

I don't agree with Paul. We could have stopped the drug trade (or at least slowed it to a crawl) long ago if the will would have been there. Geez, our borders can be controlled! Build Duncan Hunter's double layered fence across our 2000-mile Southern border and you'll cut illegal immigration and the drug trade drastically. The fence supposedly reduced the drug trade across the San Diego border by 90% (heck, I'd settle for 75% at this point ). Of course the fence alone won't do it, but it's a critical part of the equation.

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

MW
    BrightNail wrote:

Rest assured, I believe that immigrants should not receive any form of welfare or public assistance, and this is why I am cosponsoring HR 190, which would revoke the automatic citizenship, and thus right to welfare benefits, currently granted to the children of illegal immigrants.
    If that's so, why hasn't he signed as a cosponsor to H.R.1940 that would do away with birth right citizenship for anchor babies? Hunter and Tancredo have signed on as cosponsors.

H.R.190 does not revoke automatic citizenship. The title of H.R. 190 is Social Security for Americans only Act of 2007. It does absolutely nothing in dealing with anchor babies.

Some more info: I also heard that Tancredo and Ron Paul are friends:

This is Paul's entry at www.ontheissues.org:

* Keep rule barring immigrants from running for president. (May 2007)
    * Voted YES on building a fence along the Mexican border. (Sep 2006)
    * Voted YES on preventing tipping off Mexicans about Minuteman Project. (Jun 2006)
    * Voted YES on reporting illegal aliens who receive hospital treatment. (May 2004)
    * Voted YES on extending Immigrant Residency rules. (May 2001)
    * Voted YES on more immigrant visas for skilled workers. (Sep 199
    * Rated 100% by FAIR, indicating a voting record restricting immigration. (Dec 2003)

Also, there is speculation that Tom agrees with NAFTA on some principles, as he has many ties to neos in the party. He also agrees with a pre-emptive strike. Not good.

Duncan Hunter was a sponsor of the Military Commission Act. The piece of legislation that stripped away your habeas corpus rights.

It seems Ron Paul is interested more in stopping the cause rather than the symptoms.

Here is a link to a video of Paul adressing immigration that I posted on a different thread. Listen closely, then tell me if you are convinced that he is against a guest worker program/amnesty.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7U4RgUh5G38

To me, Paul only objects to giving illegals welfare benefits. Afterall, some of their work-ethic is "more American than some of us."

I never thought I would roll my eyes at Paul, but that comment disgusts me as well as the auplause he received by his supporters. Sure some illegals work harder than some Americans, but hard work isn't really an indicator of how American you are....as if Americans have a monopoly on hard work or something. Your DEVOTION to this nation measures how American you are. Hard workers come from everywhere, patriotism to this nation resides here. It reminds me of calling illegals yearning for B of A credit cards or consumer products very American. Paul needs to get right with the social/cultural aspects that Tom Tancredo adresses. My support of Ron is wearing thin.
    Serve Bush with his letter of resignation.

See you at the signing!!

MW
    BrightNail wrote:

Duncan Hunter was a sponsor of the Military Commission Act. The piece of legislation that stripped away your habeas corpus rights.
    How did Hunter cosponsor a bill that originated in the Senate?

I believe McConnell sponsored this piece of legislation and Frist and Warner were cosponsors.

Quote Originally Posted by BearFlagRepublic
    Here is a link to a video of Paul adressing immigration that I posted on a different thread. Listen closely, then tell me if you are convinced that he is against a guest worker program/amnesty.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7U4RgUh5G38

To me, Paul only objects to giving illegals welfare benefits. Afterall, some of their work-ethic is "more American than some of us."

I never thought I would roll my eyes at Paul, but that comment disgusts me as well as the auplause he received by his supporters. Sure some illegals work harder than some Americans, but hard work isn't really an indicator of how American you are....as if Americans have a monopoly on hard work or something. Your DEVOTION to this nation measures how American you are. Hard workers come from everywhere, patriotism to this nation resides here. It reminds me of calling illegals yearning for B of A credit cards or consumer products very American. Paul needs to get right with the social/cultural aspects that Tom Tancredo adresses. My support of Ron is wearing thin.
    Well, I think he was saying this because there 'are' illegal immigrants in the armed forces.

Also, here is an article by ron paul:
    http://www.house.gov/paul/tst/tst2006/tst100206.htm

I think it might precede the introduction of those other bills by Tancredo/Hunter.. not sure.

Also, as I mentioned earlier I believe Ron Paul is trying to address the 'problems', not the symptoms. Did you read his "views" on illegal immigration.

Also, there is no doubt that Ron Paul is not as 'crazed' (in this good) about illegal immigration in that he is not a one trick pony. He is very strong on most points. Plus, he is a constituionalist... if you believe in what America was and was envisioned to be, then you need to take a listen to him.

Like I said previously.. I dig Tancredo, but pre-emptive military strikes, and not being strong on other issues is not a good enough reason for me to want him over Paul. We need to consider the whole package.

Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast