Page 414 of 740 FirstFirst ... 314364404410411412413414415416417418424464514 ... LastLast
Results 4,131 to 4,140 of 7393
Like Tree19Likes

Thread: Ron Paul on the Issues

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 4 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 4 guests)

South West Florida (Behind friendly lines but still in Occupied Territory)
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Carl Bunce, NV RP Campaign Mgr's Speech at Convention, Ron's Speech & Our Interview w/Carol Paul!

Submitted by ausscyn on Tue, 05/08/2012 - 10:46
    Daily Paul Liberty Forum

Nevada

[Embedding for this video has disabled.]

5-6-12 Carl Bunce at Nevada's Convention - YouTube

Did we ever think there would be a day when we'd hear a speech like this from OUR guy, at the state convention dias?
    Look how far we've come! WE'RE ON TOP OF THE WORLD!!

Cynthia

PS: Big kisses to Patrick for shooting these videos & working on them all day XXXOOO

-----------------
    Ron's speech:

Patrick is still working on the video of the election results, Carl's speech & an interview with James Smack.

------------------ More below: -------------------

This is the interview we did with Carol during the lunch break. She was kind enough to give us some time while they had just a short stop at the convention. At the time this was done, the elections hadn't been held yet.

2nd Video: Carol Paul Interview by Cynthia Kennedy 5-5-12 at RENO - YouTube

Here's some new stuff for Monday.

My husband shot most of the convention and was on the media platform, right next to the NPR reporter. As we were wrapping up Sunday, he overheard Patrick & I talking and asked me if I'd do an interview. Of course I would! So, I was very glad today to hear that a snippet of my remarks made the edit.

NPR Media Player

Here's an article in the Reno Gazette Journal. Facebook people, go make lots of comments!

http://www.rgj.com/article/20120507/NEWS/305070020/Ron-Paul-backers-solidify-GOP-clouthttp://www.rgj.com/article/20120507/NEWS/305070020/Ron-Paul-backers-solidify-GOP-clout?nclick_check=1

--------------------------------

Sunday night:

I would have liked to have posted during the entire Nevada convention, but there was so much happening, that it really wasn't possible.

Friday was spent all day in the Platform Committee, and considering how outnumbered "we" were in the room, we did very, very well. Then, as I said in my Friday evening post, I went to my rural caucus, and there, Bud Southard from Carson City called for a change in the rules (4b) so that no further convention business could be conducted if the Roboids were to walk-out the next day. It was clear from the get-go, that the Romney camp was not going to go down without a fight.

Saturday morning, after all the preliminary business was over, the shit hit the fan, with a miscount by the credentials committee. It looked like WE were trying to make waves when we questioned the delegate count, which was too low, compared to the number of bodies in the room. That took a lot of time to clear up, and in the end, we were right and a more accurate credentials report was given.

Then, there was an another major problem in that the room was FULL of people who weren't delegates, and they were voting - WTF? Additionally, included in the matter in the previous paragraph, they had allowed people to register for the convention after 9am and the rules stated that registrations would stop at 9am. Since no one's credential was time-dated, there was no way to get rid of the people who'd registered after the deadline. This was contentious, because the Romney people had been out beating the bushes for bodies to have at the convention. Remember the robo call from a few days ago, when they entreated delegates to come to the convention so that it wouldn't be “hijacked” by Ron Paul's DC operatives?

Early reports had put our numbers FAR ahead of Romney's, but by the time the convention opened, our lead had shrunk & we were VERY nervous.

So then, it took HOURS to get everyone out of the convention hall and then allowed back in only when their badge and ID were thoroughly inspected. Visitors were put in a corner where their voice/body/hand votes wouldn't be counted.

Before we were herded out, the room really took on an AWFUL atmosphere due to two highly charged incidents. The motion was made, as it had been said it would be in the rural caucus the day before, to strike rule 4b, so that the Romney crowd could walk out and end our convention and they could go home without electing delegates and negating the entire convention. Motions flew, words were heated. At one point, we thought our Convention Chair was in cahoots with the Romney crowd so we made a motion to elect a new Chair. Believe me, everyone was pulling their hair out, and people could not stay in their chairs. Everyone was so anxious to think that our convention would be in the toilet so early in the day.

The Parliamentarian, Ralph McMullen helped save the day, along with the Mike Weber. If you were around in 2008, you'll remember Weber. He's not one of us, but he was in the delegation with Wayne Terhune that petitioned the RNC over our stolen convention. Then two, FAIR, intelligent men, put the convention back on track. Rule 4b stayed in -- we realized that our Chairman was also fair-minded. We broke for lunch, then had our credentials checked before we came back into the convention.

While all of this was going on, our slate had been passed throughout the room. In 2008, we had several slates, but NONE of them said, "Ron Paul." This time, RON PAUL was at the top of our slate. No stealth for us, we were showing our hand because it was an excellent one! The Romboids, in their own lame fashion, thought they'd pull a fast one & put out another slate on the same identical paper with "Ron Paul" at the top. This was discovered early on, and there were almost fisticuffs with one of the people who was distributing this POS. It was brought to the body that this chicanery was going on and it was quickly stopped.

During lunch, I'd planned to interview Carol Paul. We'd emailed each other earlier in the week, & she thought there might be time. I'd tried to find out where she was in the hotel, but she & Ron were just flying in for his speech and then leaving immediately. I checked with the campaign & finally a call was made to Carol. She said to bring me up to her room, so away my husband and I went with our video camera for the interview. It went REALLY well, and he'll have the youtube up soon.

After lunch, we voted for National Committeewoman and National Committeeman. We had two in the hunt: Diana Orrock and James Smack. They had fierce competition from a former governor & some other women who were prominent, long-time party members. Diana & James BOTH WON!!! Ron Paul now has two people on the RNC!!!!!!!!!! This voting took a long time. The Elections Chair was Jennifer Terhune and she had good plans in place for making the elections run quickly & fairly. Her plans were overridden and we spent HOURS getting ballots and waiting in line to cast them. (Almost all the committees at the convention were chaired by RP people and RP people filled most of the volunteer slots). If you can believe it, we were in that hall ‘til almost midnight. Motions flew back and forth to adjourn, then recess. The Romney people wanted to adjourn! All day, they'd had a crew of at least 10 people who walked around the hall in Romney t-shirts, bright orange hats and flourescent vests, who carried their "Yes/No" placards. It was SO STUPID looking. We in turn used colored Ron Paul Balloons on either side of the room. Blue for "yes," and red for "no." It worked very well and we didn't look like a bunch of brain-dead sheep.

Of course we recessed, agreeing to come back at 9am. Most of us went home, but a big group of very dedicated people stayed and counted the votes. Over 100 people ran for national delegate slots, and there were also races for Electors and Congressional District Delegates.

Our slate had worked magnificently. The RP people voted just for our slate of candidates, and our votes were never diluted. We will vote for Romney on the first ballot and some lucky delegates will be able to give Ron his share of the caucus vote. After that first ballot, we'll (almost) ALL VOTE FOR RON PAUL. ALMOST ALL (EXCEPT FOR 3) OF THE DELEGATES WERE RP!!!!!!!!!!!!! - INCLUDING ME!!!!!!!!!!! YOU SHOULD HAVE HEARD THE ROAR IN THE HALL and THE SIGN WAVING WHEN WE REALIZED OUR VICTORY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh, I forgot to tell you about Ron's speech after lunch on Saturday. It was GREAT!! He was only able to speak for about 30 minutes, and Carol introduced him. We have very good video of it, but I'm sure most of you have seen it from the people who were streaming from the convention.

The rest of the convention was spent hashing out the Platform. Not much really changed & we adopted it. Some RP people wanted to fight that battle and try to get more liberty into the platform, but honestly, it wasn't a battle worth fighting. I've already asked if I can be on the National Platform Committee, and if I make it, you can be sure that THERE is where I WILL FIGHT for our Constitution.

So, that's about it. I had a terrific time. Met a lot of people I only knew through the net. We came, we saw, we conquered!

I gotta say, if your state convention is coming up - BE THERE!!! Get your numbers up. Print credentials that can't be faked. Time stamp those credentials. Make up a solid slate of delegates that you can elect. Know your rules, your RRO, and know that you'll have a fantastic time. Freedom is popular, and Ron Paul People are the BEST!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Love you, see you in Tampa,

Cynthia Kennedy
    Nevada

Carl Bunce, NV RP Campaign Mgr's Speech at Convention, Ron's Speech & Our Interview w/Carol Paul! | Peace . Gold . Liberty | Ron Paul 2012
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Today: Ron Paul Subcommittee to Examine Proposals to Reform or Abolish Federal Reserve

Submitted by The Daily Paul on Mon, 05/07/2012 - 15:51
    Economy

Live Stream Here (Lower left quadrant - 'Live Webcasts' link)

WASHINGTON - The Financial Services Subcommittee on Domestic Monetary Policy and Technology, chaired by Rep. Ron Paul, will hold a hearing on Tuesday to examine six legislative proposals that either reform or abolish the Federal Reserve System.

“More and more people are beginning to understand just how destructive the Federal Reserve's monetary policy has been. I hope that this hearing will kick start a serious discussion on the need to rein in the Fed,” said Chairman Paul. “100 years is far too long for Congress to have taken a hands-off approach. The Fed continues to reward Wall Street banks while destroying the dollar’s purchasing power and driving up the cost of living for average Americans. This reckless behavior must come to an end.”

Calls for reforming various aspects of the Federal Reserve System have existed since its creation in 1913. However, with the onset of the financial crisis of 2008-2009 and during the prolonged recession, calls for reform have escalated.

The Federal Reserve responded to the financial crisis with unconventional monetary easing, leading some to claim the Federal Reserve attempted to do too much to stimulate economic growth and set the stage for sustained inflation when the economy recovers. Slow economic growth, however, has led others to argue the Federal Reserve has not done enough and must be more accommodative in its conduct of monetary policy.
    The six proposals that will be discussed by the Subcommittee on Tuesday are:

• H.R. 245, introduced by Rep. Mike Pence
    • H.R. 1094, the Federal Reserve Board Abolition Act, introduced by Rep. Paul
    • H.R. 1401, the Democratizing the Federal Reserve System Act, introduced by Rep. Marcy Kaptur
    • H.R. 2990, the National Emergency Employment Defense Act, introduced by Rep. Dennis Kucinich
    • H.R. 3428, introduced by Rep. Barney Frank
    • H.R. 4180, the Sound Dollar Act, introduced by Rep. Kevin Brady

The Subcommittee’s hearing will take place on Tuesday, May 8 at 10 a.m. in room 2128 Rayburn House Office Building.

Contact: Jeff Emerson (202-226-1490), Marisol Garibay (202-226-2467)

Today: Ron Paul Subcommittee to Examine Proposals to Reform or Abolish Federal Reserve | Peace . Gold . Liberty | Ron Paul 2012

Is The TSA Worth Saving (POLL)?

Christopher Elliott: Is The TSA Worth Saving (POLL)?

Is the TSA worth saving?
    Yes. 7% (185)
    No. 93% (2321)
    Thank you for voting!

Article: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/christ...b_1489915.html
    Last edited by AirborneSapper7; 05-08-2012 at 02:26 PM.

Tampa will be like Nevada and Maine on steroids

MSM Lie #83,767 About Ron Paul

Posted on May 8, 2012 by Lew Rockwell

Writes Mike Cuneo:

Where to begin? He can't win a state, he has a secret deal with Romney, hes unelectable, he's running out of money, he has 50 or maybe 80 delegates tops, he doesn't matter, he is just trying to install Rand as VP, no wait, he wants to be VP himself, he gets big crowds but no votes, he only gets votes at caucuses, his supporters engage in mischief by voting for him, eventually all these Ron Paul supporters will coalesce around Romney, but the best one, or the one that still has legs (not really, just according to the MSM) is that Ron wants a "prime speaking slot" in Tampa.

Why? So the mainstream media can continue their sickening blackout, and report breaking news--Romney and Obama tied in a heads up poll!--instead of showing the speech?

Ron doesn't need to make another speech in his life, he is a living legend with tons of amazing town halls and rallies and YouTube videos already available. Its not like he will flip flop and say something drastically new, he will hammer home the same points about the fed and wars as always. Why would we expect FOX or CBS to tune in when we get to Tampa if they haven't yet?

One last lie (I hope) is that delegates are bound to Romney on the first ballot. Here's hoping they can and will abstain, and cause mayhem at the convention! Why follow the rules if the GOP doesn't? Unless it hurts Ron, they should do whatever it takes.

As I said months ago, Ron has already won in 2012 because he has dominated the battle of ideas. The nomination would be icing on the cake.

I can't stop smiling and counting down to Tampa, it will hopefully be like Nevada and Maine on steroids. Go get em, Ron!

MSM Lie #83,767 About Ron Paul | Lew Rockwell's Political Theatre

Republican Executive Committee Member Calls for Resignation of RNC Chairman Reince Priebus

Submitted by Truthbearer on Mon, 05/07/2012 - 13:58
    Daily Paul Liberty Forum

Due to an alleged violation of the national GOP's Rule # 11 (bans favoritism of one candidate while more than one candidate exists), an Executive Committee member within the GOP calls for the resignation of RNC Chairman Reince Priebus.

Washington, DC, May 07, 2012 --(PR.com)-- Jeffrey Bales, a Member-at-Large of the Pima County GOP Executive Committee (Tucson, Arizona), says:

“Due to violation of the RNC's Rule #11, I call for Chairman Reince Priebus to resign immediately. It is un-American and beneath the standards established by the Republican Party to violate this rule. It is unethical to support a single Republican Presidential candidate (Mitt Romney) while other Republican candidates remain in the race.

"Further, I call upon Mitt Romney to denounce this behavior and ask that the RNC repair the breach of trust by including the other remaining Republican Presidential candidate, Dr. Ron Paul, in any dispensation of funds, effort and labor. It would benefit all Americans if Mitt Romney would further clarify the fact that 2 candidates remain if he challenged Dr. Ron Paul to a debate."

Rule #11 states:

"Rule No. 11 Candidate Support

(a) The Republican National Committee shall not, without the prior written and filed approval of all members of the Republican National Committee from the state involved, contribute money or in-kind aid to any candidate for any public or party office except the nominee of the Republican Party or a candidate who is unopposed in the Republican primary after the filing deadline for that office. In those states where state law establishes a nonpartisan primary in which Republican candidates could participate, but in which the general election may not include a Republican candidate, the candidate endorsed by a convention held under the authority of the state Republican Party shall be recognized by the Republican National Committee as the Republican nominee.

(b) No state Republican Party rule or state law shall be observed that allows persons who have participated or are participating in the selection of any nominee of a party other than the Republican Party, including, but not limited to, through the use of a multiparty primary or similar type ballot, to participate in the selection of a nominee of the Republican Party for that general election. No person nominated in violation of this rule shall be recognized by the Republican National Committee as the nominee of the Republican Party from that state."

Official RNC rules are available online at: http://www.gop.com/images/legal/2008_RULES_Adopted.pdf

Source: Republican Executive Committee Member Calls for Resignation of RNC Chairman Reince Priebus - PR.com

Republican Executive Committee Member Calls for Resignation of RNC Chairman Reince Priebus | Peace . Gold . Liberty | Ron Paul 2012

☛"Santorum's endorsement torpedoes Romney and explodes Ron Paul's campaign!"

Submitted by Barracuda_Trader on Tue, 05/08/2012 - 08:11
    Daily Paul Liberty Forum

Santorum's so-called endorsement is going to TORPEDO Romney and EXPLODE Ron Paul's campaign.

This is just what Ron Paul needs, at the perfect time (well in advance of August) to be catapulted (without spending money) into the media spotlight.

The Democrat leaning media will give Ron Paul exposure because they feel it would help their beloved Obama to have the "GOP's presumptive nominee" getting cozy with right wing extremist, Rick Santorum.

In the process "The Message" will attract more Democrats, Independents and Republicans to support Ron Paul.

Santorum's move is such a glaring demonstration of his lack of any principle that he will set a multitude of fires burning among conservatives, liberals and those who have never participated in an election.

Brace yourself. The Tsunami is coming.

MSNBC's Todd is already at it on "Deep Dive" - Watch

Watch XFINITY Videos Online | Featured | Comcast | Watch XFINITY Videos Online | Comcast

And Drudge Headline "Bitter Santorum Backs Romney in Tepid Late-Night Endorsement..."

Republican Santorum endorses Romney for president | Reuters

☛"Santorum's endorsement torpedoes Romney and explodes Ron Paul's campaign!" | Peace . Gold . Liberty | Ron Paul 2012

RT Reports Ron Paul Winning 11 States! This Race Is Much Closer Than People Think!

Submitted by rockstar on Tue, 05/08/2012 - 16:25
    Ron Paul 2012

Enjoy!

Published on May 7, 2012 by RTAmerica

There are two Republican candidates left in the GOP nominee race and the delegate count seems to be shifting in Ron Paul's favor.

Mitt Romney has been declared the front-runner by the mainstream media, but are you really getting the whole story?

The Texas Congressman has taken the majority of delegates in Nevada and Maine, but many still claim Paul is unelectable.

Shelly Roche, a political analyst, joins us to talk more about Paul's victories.

RT Reports Ron Paul Winning 11 States! This Race Is Much Closer Than People Think! (Video) | Peace . Gold . Liberty | Ron Paul 2012

Fox News Campaign Insiders discussing hell in tampa for ol mittens

Submitted by ghostdog on Tue, 05/08/2012 - 16:16
    Ron Paul 2012

Texas

THIS IS A MUST WATCH PEOPLE

Revolutionary Politics::Revolutionary Politics : Fox News: Ron Paul is much bigger than people know

JUST A SNIPPET

"romney needs to find a way to accomodate Paul and his own party, otherwise he is going to end up with a convention floor full of PAUL DELEGATES wether they can vote for him or not or will vote, they may bolt, THEY MAY CAUSE A RUCKUS, They(romney camp) better address this. I was totally of my radar scope till yesterday when they got the first tweets, i think i think our viewers...(mumbles over ownself)"

I guess the old ESTABLISHMENT aren't the campaign insiders they claim to be. good ol' FAUX NEWS

enjoy !!

GO RON PAUL!!

Fox News Campaign Insiders discussing hell in tampa for ol mittens | Peace . Gold . Liberty | Ron Paul 2012