Page 428 of 740 FirstFirst ... 328378418424425426427428429430431432438478528 ... LastLast
Results 4,271 to 4,280 of 7393
Like Tree19Likes

Thread: Ron Paul on the Issues

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 2 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 2 guests)

South West Florida (Behind friendly lines but still in Occupied Territory)
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Judge Napolitano: What if they're lying to you about Ron Paul? - Fox Business

Last edited by AirborneSapper7; 05-19-2012 at 09:58 PM.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Lord, .... please dont let them steal our liberty. ...... and continue to bless Dr. Paul with strength and courage to stand on your Truth, Amen.

This is who you are Fighting for

Your Children and your Childrens Children

Let's Go Christian's

Let's Go Evangelical's

Rally around the Constitution and Freedom

Romney: My Only Connection To The Republican Party Is That I'm Registered Republican

Does the Term RINO mean anything to the GOP anymore

We Fired Mike Castle "RINO"

We Fired Charle Christ "RINO"

We Fired Richard Lugar "RINO"

We Fired Arlen Spector "RINO"

We Fired Robert Bennett "RINO"

Lisa Murkowski "RINO" Fired then came back as an Independant

Next in line is Orrin Hatch"RINO"

Following him is Lindsey Graham "RINO"

We almost Fired John McCain "King RINO" after him calling the TEA Party Hobbit's

Olypmia Snowe "RINO" Retiring in the fall

Let me remind you that Republican's lead by RINO's voted Elena Kagan to the Highest Court in the land.
    Republicans send Elena Kagan to Supreme Court | The RINO ListThe RINO List

and Here comes the RNC with another "RINO" Mitten's Romney .... Guess What GOP / RNC ... you can Kiss our Hobbit backside where the Sun Don't Shine

Never Again ... Your Fired
    Last edited by AirborneSapper7; 05-11-2012 at 05:48 AM.

Armed Chinese Troops in Texas!

NOTE: It is important to separate hunting down terrorists who attack our country and deserve justice (which Ron Paul is 100% for), and not confuse justice with occupying entire countries for a decade under the guise of the "War on Terror" or "Spreading Democracy". Terrorists are individuals and small groups, so why are we picking fights with entire nations?

BILLIONS for Defense, NOT A PENNY for Empire.

This speech is called "Imagine" and it was given by Ron Paul on March 11, 2009. The original text of the talk is below:

Imagine for a moment that somewhere in the middle of Texas there was a large foreign military base, say Chinese or Russian. Imagine that thousands of armed foreign troops were constantly patrolling American streets in military vehicles. Imagine they were here under the auspices of "keeping us safe" or "promoting democracy" or "protecting their strategic interests."

Imagine that they operated outside of US law, and that the Constitution did not apply to them. Imagine that every now and then they made mistakes or acted on bad information and accidentally killed or terrorized innocent Americans, including women and children, most of the time with little to no repercussions or consequences. Imagine that they set up checkpoints on our soil and routinely searched and ransacked entire neighborhoods of homes. Imagine if Americans were fearful of these foreign troops, and overwhelmingly thought America would be better off without their presence.

Imagine if some Americans were so angry about them being in Texas that they actually joined together to fight them off, in defense of our soil and sovereignty, because leadership in government refused or were unable to do so. Imagine that those Americans were labeled terrorists or insurgents for their defensive actions, and routinely killed, or captured and tortured by the foreign troops on our land. Imagine that the occupiers' attitude was that if they just killed enough Americans, the resistance would stop, but instead, for every American killed, ten more would take up arms against them, resulting in perpetual bloodshed. Imagine if most of the citizens of the foreign land also wanted these troops to return home. Imagine if they elected a leader who promised to bring them home and put an end to this horror.

Imagine if that leader changed his mind once he took office.

The reality is that our military presence on foreign soil is as offensive to the people that live there as armed Chinese troops would be if they were stationed in Texas. We would not stand for it here, but we have had a globe-straddling empire and a very intrusive foreign policy for decades that incites a lot of hatred and resentment towards us.

According to our own CIA, our meddling in the Middle East was the prime motivation for the horrific attacks on 9/11. But instead of re-evaluating our foreign policy, we have simply escalated it. We had a right to go after those responsible for 9/11, to be sure, but why do so many Americans feel as if we have a right to a military presence in some 160 countries when we wouldn't stand for even one foreign base on our soil, for any reason? These are not embassies, mind you, these are military installations. The new administration is not materially changing anything about this. Shuffling troops around and playing with semantics does not accomplish the goals of the American people, who simply want our men and women to come home. 50,000 troops left behind in Iraq is not conducive to peace any more than 50,000 Russian soldiers would be in the United States.

Shutting down military bases and ceasing to deal with other nations with threats and violence is not isolationism. It is the opposite. Opening ourselves up to friendship, honest trade and diplomacy is the foreign policy of peace and prosperity. It is the only foreign policy that will not bankrupt us in short order, as our current actions most definitely will. I share the disappointment of the American people in the foreign policy rhetoric coming from the administration. The sad thing is, our foreign policy WILL change eventually, as Rome's did, when all budgetary and monetary tricks to fund it are exhausted.
    Last edited by AirborneSapper7; 05-11-2012 at 05:55 AM.

Guest Post: Fake Conservatives As Dangerous To Freedom As Obama

Submitted by Tyler Durden on 04/18/2012 10:34 -040
    Submitted by Brandon Smith from Alt Market

Fake Conservatives As Dangerous To Freedom As Obama

If Americans are looking for anything in the dark clouds of political dust and powdered ash that choke our air and leave us feeling naked against the elements, it is but a simple moment of sincerity. It sounds like an easily attainable thing, and yet, we continue to gasp and clamor. The visible surface of our nation is so devoid of honest connection with our social voice that we have turned to a cynical form of loneliness. We have embraced a life without clarity, and been made wretchedly bitter, desperate for even the faintest taste of truth.

The false two party paradigm that drives America gives us a measure of sustenance. Just enough to keep us from going completely mad, but not enough to end our hunger. As this process continues, however, and the establishment grows bolder, we too become savvy in the ways of the machine. Eventually, the old standards just don’t keep the masses distracted like they used to, and so, the system, not willing to give up power, decides instead to become “like us”, at least outwardly. It steals our vision and our song and goes on parade. It tries to make us believe again…

The campaign of Barack Obama in 2008 was a perfect example of the propaganda pageant, complete with visceral slogans like “Hope” and “Change”. After eight years of the clownish George Bush Jr., when our country spiraled down into a state of disturbed and vicious adolescence, people were looking for a renewal. They were looking for a path away from the edge of the abyss. Instead, they were given a better liar, with a brand new costume. The American Dream has become harder to sustain since…to say the least.

In 2012, what I see is like a lightning bolt in slow motion. I can sense it branching out across the sky towards the ground and tearing through our surroundings, upending everything we know. Both the President and Congress have some of the lowest approval ratings in history. The question of whether anything can be accomplished through government has been answered for most people with a resounding “no”. The citizenry is on the verge of total fury.

I wish I could say that most have abandoned the fleeting hollow satisfaction of choosing the “lesser of two evils”, but that would not be accurate.

Recently, I was invited (by several separate people) to a central event in the state elections of Montana called the “Lincoln-Reagan Dinner”, and promptly tried to avoid it like a rat infested plague ship. I know from experience what these kinds of political elbow rubbing parties can be like, and have been thoroughly unimpressed. Somehow, I ended up there anyway. If your only experience of the Republican Party was to attend such shindigs, you might think the stuffy anal-retentive caricatures we often see of conservatives are well deserved. In stark contrast to a Ron Paul rally, most of the attendees were little younger than 55, and few seemed very animated. Perhaps they were suffering from the same distaste of the whole thing as I was. Luckily, a solid 15% of the crowd were Liberty Movement oriented, which helped me to weather the overall painful proceedings (I also won a door prize; a coupon for a free dinner, mmmm…), but a pair of earplugs and a bottle of whiskey would have been far more comforting.

The party also gave me a momentary window into the future of the state in which I now reside, and even the probable nature of campaigns occurring across the nation. The prospects weren’t very pretty.

If Americans plan to look to the GOP to save them from the jaws of impending disaster, they had better reconsider that foolish notion. Obama may be riding the economic collapse straight at us like a wild Mako shark, but that’s no excuse to delude ourselves with fantasies of a Republican savior. Mitt Romney (a man whose legislative record is little different from Obama’s) is just the tip of the iceberg. At the state level, a much more dire charade is taking place.

A most noticeable trend is the language that fake conservatives (Neo-Cons) have adopted in the past year, switching from die hard statism to sudden “opposition” to Federal encroachment. What happened to the GOP’s love affair with centralized government? Well, the tides of the populace have changed considerably over the past few years, and in 2012, co-option is the name of the game.

While the media goes out of its way to ignore Ron Paul, the elites in the GOP have lately decided its better to sound at least a little bit like the Constitutionalist candidate. Now, the parasites are brandishing rhetoric they wouldn’t have been caught dead uttering not long ago; railing against EPA intrusion on state jurisdiction of natural resources mostly, and the Federal Government in general, but it wasn’t much help. Speech after speech, the candidates were heavy on flag waving placations, light on substance or honor. The general message of the assembly was repeated over and over again;

WHOEVER the chosen candidates were after the primaries, conservatives were “duty bound” to supplant Obama and the Democrats at all costs. That is to say, if we do not unify around the selected Republican con-squad, Obama’s reelection would be entirely the fault of the non-conformists. “Anyone but Obama” was the catch phrase of the evening…

Sound familiar? It should. It’s the same kind of campaign the Democrats were running against Bush back in 2004, and it will lead to the same kind of disappointment.

Two political front men in Montana in particular left me so disgusted I could barely digest dinner afterwards. The first, of course, was Neil Livingstone, who as far as I can tell, is the quintessential nightmare candidate from the seventh circle of hell. With ties to the CIA under Air America, Iran Contra (though he denies it), multiple Blackwater-style mercenary firms, a penchant for death squads, and backdoor deals with dictators like Moammar Qaddafi, it’s hard to imagine a worse governor for an anti-Federal pro-Constitutional state like Montana.

Though we have been covering this information since Livingstone’s entry into the race, it’s nice to see that other outlets are finally catching on: The Most Interesting Gubernatorial Candidate in the World | Mother Jones

Mother Jones treats Livingstone’s record as a kind of anomaly; an outlandish joke that makes him unelectable. However, I tend to take his presence in Montana a bit more seriously. Money and friends in high places are still viable strategies in our very corrupt electoral process, and Livingstone has both.

The fact that the man moved back to Montana barely a year ago just to run for the governor’s position is also disconcerting. His running mate, Ryan Zinke, a former Seal Team 6 member, stated his solution to Montana’s unemployment problems is to build predator drone factories (I’m not joking).

And, both have received backing from a local retired two star general by the name of Paul Vallely who wrote a book called “The Myths Of Gitmo: Torture, Abuse Or The Truth”, in which he defends the detainment procedures of the infamous facility and claims that no torture, or at least what he defines as torture, occurs there. Though, this is not half as disturbing as the paper “From PSYOP to MindWar: The Psychology of Victory” which he wrote with legendary military Psyop analyst and creepy occultist Michael Aquino (look this guy up for a lesson in dangerously weird).

Vallely has been posing locally and nationally as a Liberty Movement proponent with his organization “Stand Up America”, just as Livingstone and Zinke have been posing as Constitutional freedom loving traditional conservatives. Anyone who has studied the Cointelpro operations of the 1960’s and 1970’s would probably see a familiar pattern in all of this, but many Montanans I fear may not be quite so aware.

Livingstone gets consistent applause for his broken record jokes on the hot button wolf problem here in the Big Sky State. And his speaking style is well trained.

Like most political snake oil salesmen, he has the ability to talk a lot without saying much. It may well be that the Constitutionalist movement that is thriving here has garnered special attention, and men like those listed so far are not here by coincidence.

The second politician stealing our oxygen was Rep. Denny Rehberg, a self proclaimed Tea Party Republican who consistently votes for Neo-Con style legislation, including the NDAA. Rehberg washed patriotic during his substance-less speech during the Lincoln-Reagan dinner, wandering off on tangents about his mother and then back to push button topics like Obamacare.

The one saving feature of his campaign was his opposition to the bailouts.

Unfortunately, when confronted by Stewart Rhodes of Oath Keepers after the event on his support of the NDAA, Rehberg revealed his true colors.

Apparently not recognizing who Rhodes was, he accused the long time veteran of “not supporting the troops” because of his opposition to the bill.

When confronted on the specific provisions of the bill which allow for indefinite detainment of any person the executive branch accuses of being an enemy combatant without trial, Rehberg denied that the bill opened doors to such action. This has been the typical response from other fake conservatives who voted for the draconian legislation.

Strangely, representatives of Rehberg have tried to contact Rhodes in the past to show support for a bill to “clarify” the language of the NDAA, but these drafts contained little to nothing to actually nullify the detainment sections.

If Rehberg has no remorse over his support for the NDAA, and feels it holds no threat to the American people, why try to draft a state bill to clarify the U.S. citizen issue? According to Rehberg, the only reason was to silence Constitutionalists who had been pointing out his non-conservative, pro-statist behavior.

“Clarity”, is not his true concern at all. The irrationality of the defense of the NDAA continues to escalate amongst closet neo-cons. From Alinsky style diversions and accusations, to full-on denial in spite of the evidence, they refuse to admit the nature of the legislation. Why? Because it is indefensible.

I have merely covered some local examples of fake-conservatives I have witnessed first hand, but this is a strategy being used all over the country.

The incredible threat these people pose cannot be underestimated (in a follow up article, I will cover some examples of legitimate liberty candidates).

With Obama sending America into a death spiral, the obvious and natural reaction by many will be to look to the conservative dynamic to put things right. Sadly, most Americans do not know what real conservatism and limited government looks like anymore.

Frankly, any hobgoblin in a suit can claim he is a conservative nowadays, and then implement the same globalist, collectivist policies as the fake liberal before him.

As I have said many times in the past, you have to examine the actions of these representatives, not their rhetoric. What they say is meaningless. What they do, and have done in the past, is everything.

This election year, we MUST NOT play the old game of the “lesser of two evils”. The fact is, there is no such thing, and there never was.

Guest Post: Fake Conservatives As Dangerous To Freedom As Obama | ZeroHedge

Karl Rove predicts Romney loss to Obama

Anthony Martin
    Conservative Examiner

Republican strategist Karl Rove. Photo credit: (Photo by Justin Sullivan/Getty Images)

Republican strategist Karl Rove, who is considered the architect of George W. Bush's two successful campaigns for the White House, is predicting that Mitt Romney will have a difficult time beating Barack Obama in the general election in November.

According to Rove, the situation is so dire that if the election were held today, Obama would win handily.

Romney is the presumptive Republican nominee, although he does not yet have enough delegates to win.

Rove is known for his pinpoint accuracy in predicting how the states will vote in general elections. In 2008 he correctly predicted the election results in 48 out of 50 states.

In an interview with NewsMax yesterday, Rove states that if the election were held today, Obama would win 284 electoral votes compared to Romney's 157. A candidate must win at least 270 electoral votes to gain the presidency.

Although Rove admits that it is still early and the electoral map will change as the campaign progresses, his prediction is odd given his numerous statements on Fox News concerning the electability factor of various potential Republican nominees.

This reporter has personally heard Rove claim that Romney is one of the few in the field who has the ability to beat Barack Obama in November. He has also disparaged potential and former candidates such as Sarah Palin, claiming that they are unelectable.

The fact that Rove is now saying that Romney will have a difficult time coming up with the 270 electoral votes necessary to win is perplexing given his previous statements.

Further, Rove's assessment gives one pause to question the entire premise of the Republican leadership establishment that assumes conservatives are unelectable and liberal or moderate candidates are best equipped to win.

The leadership establishment has incessantly harped on the electability factor, claiming that only candidates such as Romney, Chris Christie, or Jeb Bush can garner enough support to beat Obama. Now that it appears Romney is sailing to the nomination, the public is being told a different story. Romney is in trouble.

This makes one wonder if the Republican leadership also misled voters on the electability of Sarah Palin, Michele Bachmann, Ron Paul, Newt Gingrich, and Herman Cain. The leadership establishment claimed that these candidates are unelectable.

Interestingly, the very same elitist political machine said the same thing about Ronald Reagan throughout the 1970s and even in the 1980 Republican race for the nomination. While the faces were different back then, the mindset of the machine was exactly the same.

Reagan was constantly bashed as being too conservative for the general public to stomach. George H.W. Bush, who was one of the candidates opposing Reagan in 1980, referred to the Reagan economic plan as "voodoo."

Yet it was Reagan who became the only Republican to beat two different Democrats in two of the largest landslides in U.S. history, in 1980 and 1984.

These factors are ample reason to question not only the wisdom but the motives of people like Rove.

This reporter would like to ask Rove the following question: Why are you now saying that Romney will struggle to beat Obama when only a few months ago you were claiming that he was one of the few who are electable?

A second question logically follows the first: Do you also think it's possible you were dead wrong about the electability of Palin, Bachmann, Paul, Gingrich, and Cain?

Notice!

A new entry in my regular series Musings After Midnight is posted at my blog, The Liberty Sphere. Get ready for some plain talk. The title of the post is Musings After Midnight: NOW What Are You Gonna Do--Romney's Apparent Smooth Sail to the Nomination and Other Abominations.

Visit my ministry site at Martin Christian Ministries.

Subscribe by clicking the links at the top of the page, or below, and you will receive free notifications of new articles plus a free newsletter.

Karl Rove predicts Romney loss to Obama - National Conservative | Examiner.com

Hundredth monkey effect
    From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The hundredth monkey effect is a supposed phenomenon in which a learned behavior spreads instantaneously from one group of monkeys to all related monkeys once a critical number is reached. By generalization it means the instantaneous, spreading of an idea or ability to the remainder of a population once a certain portion of that population has heard of the new idea or learned the new ability by some unknown process currently beyond the scope of science.

Hundredth monkey effect - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

100th Monkey Effect: We will get there, just keep doing what we're doing

There will be a tipping Point but it's not going to happen unless we get off our butts and DANCE!

A Million Strong at the RNC!

"A Revolution Without Dancing; Is a Revolution Not Worth Having"

If you ever doubt if one person can make a difference, just remember this clip.

Have Fun America ... Dance Like No One is Watching

Matter of fact... The GOP and the RNC need a good Twist to remind them who the REAL Boss Is
    Last edited by AirborneSapper7; 05-19-2012 at 10:04 PM.

Last edited by AirborneSapper7; 05-19-2012 at 10:05 PM.

Military Officer speaks out (War on Terror vs War on Debt) vote Ron Paul 2012

A military member (Capt Anonymous) speaks the truth about the War on Terror and current state of the US economy. Pleads for Americans to vote Ron Paul to end the War.
    Last edited by AirborneSapper7; 05-19-2012 at 10:10 PM.