Page 487 of 740 FirstFirst ... 387437477483484485486487488489490491497537587 ... LastLast
Results 4,861 to 4,870 of 7393
Like Tree19Likes

Thread: Ron Paul on the Issues

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

South West Florida (Behind friendly lines but still in Occupied Territory)
    Maddow: Ron Paul wins Minnesota and brings in money for struggling state GOP

Submitted by ron_paul_is_awesome on Tue, 05/22/2012 - 21:47
    Ron Paul 2012

Maddow: Ron Paul wins Minnesota and brings in money for struggling state GOP | Peace . Gold . Liberty | Ron Paul 2012
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Ben Swann on signed Affidavits required by delegates

Submitted by DJP333 on Tue, 05/22/2012 - 21:16
    Ron Paul 2012

Massachusetts

Ben Swann reporting below on his facebook. This is a little disturbing, they are using the "sign your life away" legal method of trapping delegates to vote based on the "straw poll".

https://www.facebook.com/BenSwannRealityCheck

This was sent to me tonight. Goes to the argument that while the RNC may not bind delegates at the national convention, some states will do their best to do so.

"Massachusetts delegates to the RNC in Tampa have received a letter and affidavit that they are being asked to sign and return, affirming that, under the pain and penalty of perjury, they will vote for Mitt Romney in the first round of voting.

Below is the text of the letter and affidavit, transcribed by me, as it was read to me over the phone by an elected Massachusetts delegate. What should they do?

- - - - - L e t t e r - - - - -

Dear Massachusetts Republican Delegates and Massachusetts Republican Alternate Delegates,

Under the rules of the Massachusetts Republican Party Plan for the Selection of Delegates and the rules of the National Republican Party, the Avocation Committee charged with certifying Massachusetts delegates for the 2012 Republican National Convention in Tampa, Florida requires each elected delegate and alternate to sign, under the pains and penalties of perjury, the herewith enclosed affirmation, and to be returned on or before 3pm May 29, 2012 to the Massachusetts Republican Party at 85 Merrimack Street, Suite 400, Boston MA 02114.

Electronic delivery, in any form, will not be accepted. Your failure to duly and timely remit the enclosed affidavit will put your status as a delegate in jeopardy.

Sincerely

Ed McGrath
    Allocation Committee Chairman

- - - - - A f f a d a v i t: - - - - -
    I ________ residing at _______ in ________ MA, was elected at the ________ Congressional District Caucus held in _______ MA on April 28, 2012 as a National Delegate / Alternate Delegate to the 2012 Republican National Convention. In accordance with Sections 70b and 70i, Chapter 53 of the General Laws of the Commonwealth of Massachusetts, the Massachusetts Republican Party Plan for the selection of delegates to the Tampa Florida 2012 National Convention and Rule 15 of the Rules of the Republican Party, I certify under the pain and penalty of perjury, that on the first ballot at the 2012 Republican National Convention, I will affirmatively Vote for Mitt Romney, the winner of the 2012 Massachusetts Presidential Primary.

Ben Swann on signed Affidavits required by delegates | Peace . Gold . Liberty | Ron Paul 2012
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Tampa Bay Times: Ron Paul fans work to put on festival just before Republican National Convention! PAULFEST is gaining steam!

Submitted by Loose Moose on Tue, 05/22/2012 - 20:59
    Daily Paul Liberty Forum

Nevada

TAMPA — Supporters of presidential candidate Ron Paul are negotiating to hold a three-day festival of music, entertainment and activism at the Florida State Fairgrounds immediately before the Republican National Convention.

Paul Festival 2012 would run from Aug. 24-26, ending the day before the convention begins.

Details like ticket prices and who would be on stage have not been announced, but the festival could draw 20,000 or more people a day, estimated Deborah Robinet, an organizer who lives near San Diego, Calif.
    "Ron Paul supporters are very enthusiastic, and there's going to be a bunch of them in Tampa," said Robinet, one of five directors of the nonprofit group Liberty Unleashed, which was incorporated this month in Florida to make arrangements for the festival.

Continue here: Ron Paul fans work to put on festival just before Republican National Convention - Tampa Bay Times

Tampa Bay Times: Ron Paul fans work to put on festival just before Republican National Convention! PAULFEST is gaining steam! | Peace . Gold . Liberty | Ron Paul 2012

Doug Wead: Smoke and Mirrors in Louisiana

On Saturday I promised an update into the complex world of Louisiana intraparty politics. You will remember that the national press proclaimed an upset win by Ron Paul in the first round of caucuses. But the GOP has worked to take that away.

Here is how events are unfolding.

The Republican Party of Louisiana has a history of protecting the establishment. They have placed a number of landmines throughout their caucus and convention processes to make it extremely difficult for Ron Paul supporters to make it all of the way to the floor of the Republican National Convention.

One simple example is a cleverly written rule, which allowed the LAGOP to abruptly change the date of the caucus. As soon as the state party realized how organized we were, the date of the election was changed from early February to late April. The date change created the unprecedented scenario of putting the Louisiana primary BEFORE the caucus. Something that has never happened before in this state and is unlikely to ever happen again.

Another example is the scheduling of the Republican State Central Committee meeting immediately after the state convention in Shreveport. The Louisiana Republican Party is hoping that the Ron Paul supporters will do something controversial at the state convention so that they’ll have an excuse to unseat some or all of the Ron Paul supporters at their RSCC meeting.

The Louisiana Republican Party is organized differently from many other states. Often, like in Michigan or Nevada, the state convention is the top governing authority of the state republican party. Unfortunately for our freedom fighters in the bayou state, this is not the case. The RSCC is the final authority and it is their bylaws that created the caucus and the convention.

The two examples above are just the tip of the iceberg. I can’t reveal our entire strategy because the establishment operatives obviously read this blog as well.

But I can tell you that we have great leaders across Louisiana who have navigated these paths before. They are working overtime to ensure that the Louisiana delegation gets all the way to the Republican National Convention!

It can be tempting to thumb your nose at the establishment whenever you get the opportunity. And they definitely deserve it!

But in this situation, getting the Ron Paul delegates all the way to Tampa and encouraging our activists to become part of the party structure should be our top priority.

Smoke and Mirrors in Louisiana « Doug Wead The Blog

Ron Paul Supporter, Thomas Massie, WINS Congressional Primary

Submitted by tsai3904 on Tue, 05/22/2012 - 19:43
    Daily Paul Liberty Forum

Kentucky

Thomas Massie has won his primary for Congress in Kentucky's 4th Congressional District!
    With 99.8% reporting, the results are:

Thomas Massie 19,684 44.8%
    Alecia Webb-Edgington 12,546 28.6%
    Gary Moore 6,513 14.8%
    Walter Schumm 3,513 8.0%
    Marc Carey 782 1.8%
    Tom Wurtz 598 1.4%
    Brian Oerther 257 0.6%

Thomas Massie has been a supporter of Ron Paul for a long time (he's been a member of Ron Paul Forums for several years). He was endorsed by Ron Paul, Rand Paul, Mike Lee, Justin Amash, Jack Hunter and Peter Schiff.

His Congressional District is one of the safest Republican districts in the country and his likely Democratic opponent in November has more debt than cash on hand. Massie will more than likely be a Congressman in January 2013.

Please like his Facebook page if you have not already done so: Thomas Massie for Congress - Politician - Florence, KY | Facebook

Ron Paul Supporter, Thomas Massie, WINS Congressional Primary | Peace . Gold . Liberty | Ron Paul 2012

Ron Paul’s Movement Can Make GOP Consistently Conservative

With Dr. Paul’s delegate sweep in Minnesota over the weekend as well as some important victories in other states, it is important to note not only that Paul’s forces are making integral GOP but also what a Republican Party of Paul’s supporters’ making will look like. The entire point of Paul and his movement is to advance principle. The primary point of the Republican establishment is to advance politically, principle has little to do with it. If a Republican beats Obama, the establishment will say they’ve “won.” If that Republican governs pretty much like Obama, Ron Paul supporters will ask, rightly, what did we “win?”

This question is paramount if the Republican Party is to ever become the party of limited government.

A few days ago I came across a column I wrote for The American Conservativeat the beginning of this campaign. In fact, I wrote it before I even joined the campaign. Titled “Constant Conservative Ron Paul” I explained how to the degree that the Republican Party ever becomes genuinely conservative in a limited government sense, it will find itself in-line with the philosophy of Ron Paul.

With our multiple victories in various states over the last few weeks, including over the weekend, it might be worth reexamining what Ron Paul’s rEVOLution is really all about. From April 2011:

When Ron Paul ran for president in 2008, polls showed that Americans-at-large were worried about an increasingly bad economy, angry at Washington for bailing out Wall Street and weary of the Iraq War. GOP primary voters found themselves defending a Republican president who was on the unpopular side of all three issues, supporting a Republican nominee who agreed with him, and having to choose from a Republican field of candidates virtually indistinguishable from their president, their nominee and each other.

Except one.

With Ron Paul all but declaring his candidacy for president this week, polls show that Americans at large are most worried about a bad economy, Obama’s high negatives indicate a persistent distrust and disgust with Washington, and this president’s three Middle Eastern wars are arguably more unpopular than Iraq and Afghanistan were three years ago.

Yet, even though they will have adjusted their various positions accordingly, 2012 GOP primary voters will generally find a field of candidates willing to bash the White House for basically doing the same things these same candidates once defended a Republican president doing. In fact, most potential 2012 candidates will be as guilty of contributing to big government as the president they’ll criticize.

Mitt Romney gave us the blueprint for government-run healthcare.

Tim Pawlenty and Newt Gingrich gave Republican support for cap and trade.

Rick Santorum ran cover for Bush’s entire statist agenda by touting the president’s alleged social conservatism.

Adding ideological insult to injury, most of these candidates still promote an astronomically expensive foreign policy while they simultaneously and contradictorily
    claim we must cut spending. By and large, these candidates are conservative in rhetoric only, not their records, as has been the case with most Republican presidential candidates for decades.

That is, again, except one.

During the periods when conservatives find themselves not defending big government Republicans and instead choose to stress the need for limited government and constitutional fidelity, they echo the sentiments of Ron Paul. The difference is Paul never changes his sentiment. When conservatives are not defending big government Republicans and instead choose to talk about the need to eliminate debt and deficits, they are repeating the philosophy of Ron Paul. The difference is Paul never changes his philosophy.

Paul’s conservative consistency remains true, even when—and perhaps especially when—his fellow conservatives disagree with him. When conservatives attack Paul for his non-interventionist foreign policy views, the Texas congressman is quick to remind them that it is mathematically impossible to reduce the debt or deficits without addressing Pentagon spending. Cutting NPR, Planned Parenthood and earmarks will do nothing to effectively reduce the debt, no matter how much each might excite conservatives emotionally. Likewise, ignoring the need for military spending cuts will continue to help sustain and grow the debt, no matter how emotionally attached some conservatives are in their support for maintaining the status quo.

Obsessing over Obama’s birth certificate might be fun for some conservatives—but it only distracts from the United States’ economy’s impending death certificate, says Paul. Excitement over a reality TV star with a bad comb-over may hold conservatives’ attention for the moment—another moment wasted, says Paul, by not addressing the stark reality that is our collapsing dollar and economy. Many conservatives draw a battle line between Republicans and Democrats. Paul draws his line between those who support limited government and those in both parties who consider it unlimited.

Indeed, Ron Paul is the conservative constant in US politics. To the extent that the American Right is consistently conservative, it is generally in line with Paul. To the extent that the American Right gets distracted from conservative principles—typically in the name of Republican partisanship or some emotional attachment to a particular aspect of statism conservatives generally like—it finds itself at war with Paul…

Ron Paul is the conservative constant in American politics. In 2012 and beyond, may there be more Americans willing to be as consistently conservative.

Ron Paul's Movement Can Make GOP Consistently Conservative*|*Ron Paul 2012 Presidential Campaign CommitteeRon Paul 2012 Presidential Campaign Committee

Independent Ron Paul Wins 2012 Presidential Election

Submitted by JayP on Sun, 05/20/2012 - 03:15
    Ron Paul 2012

I'm Not A republican, I'm Not A Democrat
    I'm really having a tough time imagining myself identifying or even associating with the words 'republicans' or 'the republican party'. To me, 'republican' stands for: treachery, war profiteers, 100,000's murder in Iraq, assassinations, lies, traitors, scum, shit, puke, anti-American, anti-freedom, sold Americans down the river, rich scum-pigs etc. etc. I know that sounds like hyperbole but it really isn't. This has been my view for many years. I have no love for the Democrats either.

The Republican Party Has No Love For Me
    On the same token, the republican party has no love for me. This party will lie, cheat and steal to keep Ron Paul and his supporters out of the party. They'll do this in broad daylight without thinking twice. I can't be associated with these scum bags and I doubt most Ron Paul supporters could either. All you have to do is imagine 100,000 dead bodies stacked up in Iraq. That's your party guys! That's their legacy and that's not even the tip of the ice berg.

Dems Silent, Could Use Vote Fraud As Ammo But Don't
    All the excrement in the media claims that Paul has no chance (they've been saying this for months) and that Romney is inevitably going to get the nomination. So why aren't the Dems using the obvious fraud against Dr. Paul as ammo against their 'presumptive nominee' Mitt Romney? Maybe this fact is a hint that Romney is just a dud for Obama to easily knock down in the general election. If the Dems had any honor they would help sound the alarm because sham elections are un-American. But at the very least I'd expect them to use the opportunity for their own advantage.

Even Paul's Campaign Doesn't Say Much About The Fraud?
    Even Paul's campaign has been fairly timid when addressing the voter fraud. All us supporters are trying to figure out what the hell is going on. Is it a 'genius sekrit political maneuver'? Is it just Paul living his 'give respect to get respect' mantra?

If it's about giving respect to get it, well it's not really working. Why would he even giving the republican party the time of day? They drag this guy through the mud, beat him and his supporters down, rob them then piss in their cereal and then blame them for their own beating. Why does he love these guys so much?
    Or does he?

Will They Announce Independent Run Soon?
    Deadlines are coming up for independent candidates to file to be on the ballot in each state. According to the FEC document below, most deadlines are well before the dog and pony show in Tampa in late August.

See state deadlines here: http://www.fec.gov/pubrec/fe2012/2012pdates.pdf (PDF)

What a move it would be! Let both parties spend resources up to the last possible moment. Let them beat on you a bit so Americans and the world can see what pieces of shit the Republicans and Democrats are. And then announce your Independent run so Americans can finally shake this false idea that only these two corrupt parties can get elected to public office.

The Republican Party Will Continue To Railroad Us
    Does anyone think the republican party is going all of a sudden stop railroading Ron Paul? Just stop cheating us out of this election? If you believe that then I have some beach front property in Arizona I want to sell you.

Paul Won't Take Deals
    Let's say Paul get's a speaking spot at the convention. And maybe the RNC make a few deals with Paul that secure Rand's future for a while. He goes up there, tells them all how murdering 100,000 Iraqis (or Iranians) is not good policy...then he goes home and retires. Really? He knows his supporters in the street won't be happy with this at all...and if there's any sense weeks before Tampa that this is the case, he'd probably be alone in Tampa.

I don't think this is going to happen because it doesn't fit the Ron Paul I know.

That Leaves Us Between A Rock And A Hard Place
    So Ron won't take deals and the Republican party won't let him become the nominee. What to do...what to doo...hmmm?

If Paul Continues Pursuing the Nomination, Expect Chaos
    As we move closer to Tampa, the lying, cheating and stealing is going to get worse. If we go all the way to Tampa with the idea that we can still win this thing there might be chaos in the streets of Tampa when thousands of Paul supporters finally realize that the sham republican party really is going to steal this nomination from them.

Two Options: Get delegates & Call Them Out OR Run Independent
    Paul either has to get fired up and start calling the trash on their shenanigans or run indy. If he continues to seek the nomination and stays tame on calling the fraudsters out, the nomination hijacking will escalate. It's like a bully taking your lunch money. If you continue to play along, the bully will continue to take your shit.

It's Indy Party Time
    He should wait until the last possible moment and then announce his run as an independent. He could deliver an immediate blow to both parties, especially Romney. His supporters would be ecstatic because, let's admit it, we don't want to be stinking republicans or democrats. Especially one that uses these sorts of methods to win elections. Dismantle this monstrosity!

If you read this far I want to buy you a t-shirt
    THANKS! for reading my thoughts. I hope they were clear and made sense because I didn't do much more than spell check when I was done. It's also 4:11AM here so I'm pretty beat. I wanted to get my prediction out there before he announces his change from R to I. Forgive me if it's a little disjointed.

Independent Ron Paul Wins 2012 Presidential Election | Peace . Gold . Liberty | Ron Paul 2012

Mitt Romney's Disturbed Character Reveals Psychopathic Mindset

Deborah Foster
    Politicus USA
    Sat, 19 May 2012 12:39 CDT

© Unknown

People tend to associate the word psychopath with serial killers or other violent criminals. The word conjures up images of anti-social monsters who are unable to fit into everyday society. This makes sense since everything in our media teaches us that psychopaths are predatory murderers. Indeed, experts on psychopathy have estimated that up to 25% of prison populations include people who could be labeled as psychopaths. However, people with psychopathic personalities are not exclusively found among criminals. In reality, they are often described as "charming" and quite normal, even functioning in high profile professions. Recently, Sherree DeCovney made controversial headlines by making the assertion that as many as 1 in 10 financial services workers on Wall Street were psychopaths, which was probably an overestimation. But, DeCovney was on to something. There are many highly successful people who can also be observed to have psychopathic tendencies, and recently, evidence has been piling up that one of them is none other than presidential wanna-be Mitt Romney.

There are three major patterns of qualities that characterize a psychopath: 1) interpersonal conduct such as dishonesty, narcissism, and arrogance, along with a marked lack of consideration for the rights and well-being of others 2) affective deficits such as lack of empathy or guilt, and 3) impulsiveness or risk-taking. Based on established criteria, psychologists estimate that approximately 1% of the population or 3 million people could be classified as having a psychopathic personality. However, these are people who meet the cutoffs for diagnostic criteria, which make it seem like people either have it or they don't. Psychopathy doesn't work that way. It occurs on a continuum with some people having none at all and others having the range from a few tendencies to a full blown diagnosable
    personality disorder. James Silver, co-author of Almost a Psychopath: Do I (or Does Someone I Know) Have a Problem with Manipulation and Lack of Empathy? explains,

"Almost psychopaths differ from true psychopaths not in the types, but, rather, in the frequency and intensity of their remorseless and damaging behaviors."
    It would probably have been more accurate for DeCovney to have stated that Wall Street employees had a greater than average overall tendency toward psychopathy than to suggest that so many would fit the diagnostic criteria necessary to be labeled with the actual personality disorder.

James Silver and his co-author, Ronald Schouten, explain in their book that people who could be described as "almost a psychopath" are quite plentiful. They estimate that up to 15% of the general population fits the profile of people who use manipulation to get what they want and who lack empathy or a capacity for guilt, all while displaying grandiosity, egotism and disregard for others.

Comment: Silver and Schouten appear to be describing the authoritarian personality as an 'almost psychopath'. For more information on the subject read Bob Altemeyer's book, The Authoritarians here.

Mitt Romney ran Bain
    Capital, a company that operated a business model nearly exclusively built on firing employees, canceling pensions, loading businesses with debt, taking millions in profit, and walking away. His claim is that he saved businesses but nearly a quarter of those Bain Capital touched went bankrupt; this occurred even with previously healthy companies. Countering the notion that Romney and Bain Capital were venture capitalists who developed new jobs, Aaron Goldenberg, wrote:

"Mitt Romney was NOT primarily a venture capitalist. A venture capitalist invests in early-stage businesses with the hope that they grow and prosper...By contrast, Mitt Romney was primarily what is affectionately known as a vulture investor. Bain Capital invested in failing companies with the intention of either restructuring their business or stripping the business and selling its assets."
    Goldenberg goes on to say that while what his company did may not have been evil or immoral (which is debatable), it was absolutely predicated on the belief that eliminating jobs was the best way to go even when bankrupting businesses could have taken other measures. It shows that Romney's track record as a job-creating businessman is abysmal. It would take a hardened heart to look in the mirror each day, knowing that your business was in the business of forcing people out of their livelihoods, regardless of the justification. But, in and of itself, this fact doesn't prove that Romney is a psychopath. Instead, an alarming anecdote shared by Rachel Maddow on her show does point to Romney's issues with lack of empathy or remorse.

On May 10th, Maddow played an excerpt from an interview with Romney in which he relayed a story from his past along with many inappropriate chuckles:
    Romney: "I have a few connections with the State of Wisconsin. One of the most humorous I think relates to my father. You may remember, my father, George Romney, was the President of an automobile company called American Motors. And as the President of the company, he decided to close the factory in Michigan and move all the production to Wisconsin...they had a high school band that was leading each of the candidates, and his band did not know how to play the Michigan fight song. It only knew how to play the Wisconsin fight song. So every time they would start playing, "On Wisconsin, On Wisconsin," my dad's political people would jump up and down and try to get them to stop because they didn't want people in Michigan to be reminded that my dad had moved production to Wisconsin."
    This was Mr. Romney's idea of funny, people losing their jobs and getting upset when being reminded about it.

In the same segment, Maddow discussed two of Romney's other psychopathic behaviors, the recent revelation that he forcibly held down another teen in high school and cut off his hair as he cried and screamed and the now famous story where Romney strapped his dog to the roof of his car in a kennel for hours in defiance of Massachusetts law as he drove 60 miles per hour. In both cases, she played Romney's "apologies" for the incidents, in which he laughed inappropriately throughout each.

These incidents and the insincerity of the apologies that followed them provide some of the strongest evidence of his psychopathy. In the case of the attack with the scissors against his classmate, Romney claims to have no memory of an occasion that still haunts the eyewitnesses to the event. Nevertheless, despite not remembering it, he also claims he must not have done it because the boy was presumed gay, because no one talked about homosexuality in the 1960s, despite evidence to the contrary. It takes a remarkably callous and disturbed individual to forget causing another human being to scream out in terror, let alone to have instigated the incident at all. With regard to the abuse of his dog, the story takes a particularly disturbing twist when one learns that his dog appeared to have developed diarrhea as a result of stress and fear. In response, Romney simply hosed off his SUV and continued the trip with the dog still atop the roof.

There is abundant evidence that Romney doesn't maintain any strong convictions, but rather forms opinions in service of his ultimate political goals. For example, where he once promised to be "better than Ted Kennedy on gay rights," he now promises to be the most regressive Republican presidential candidate on gay rights in over a decade. The money he donated to Planned Parenthood has morphed into promises to shut them down. This sort of deceit is characteristic of a psychopath.

Showing that he also displays the impulsivity characteristic of psychopathy, there were recent revelations about his repeated issues with losing his temper, including to the point of two skirmishes with law enforcement. Here he repeatedly shows contempt for people in positions of authority, even getting himself arrested for directly defying the instructions of an officer. If he weren't an incredibly wealthy man, one wonders how often his flaunting of laws the little people have to follow would have gotten him in trouble.

While Romney may not display the level of psychopathy necessary to be considered diagnosable as a psychopath, he does fit what Silver and Schouten call, "almost a psychopath." He demonstrates a lack of empathy, no remorse or guilt for past assaults or mistreatment, a high degree of narcissism, and a capacity to ceaselessly lie and manipulate to get what he wants. If there was any doubt, his inability to stop laughing while recalling these events, when others have been harmed, proves this is a man with a highly questionable character.

Mitt Romney's Disturbed Character Reveals Psychopathic Mindset -- Puppet Masters -- Sott.net

Who're the Kool-Aid Drinkers Now?

Posted by sblestman1 hour ago - Filed in Commentary - # - 85 views

The concept of "drinking the Kool-Aid" came from an event in 1978 where over 900 people died in a place called Jonestown in Guyana. Most of them supposedly died from drinking cyanide laced Kool-Aid. While questions have been raised as to the voracity of these reports, the term drinking the Kool-Aid has become synonymous with people who trust the sources of their information without question. I will stretch this out a bit and make the claim that Kool-Aid drinkers are those who trust anyone or any institution without question and do as they are told because of that trust.

Drinking the Kool-Aid kills. It zombifies the human being and removes its ability to blossom into an independent, thoughtful, free living organism able to determine its own fate. It removes free will. It turns a person into a robotic entity that will follow the will of its master right up to the point where its master causes its self destruction. So, who are the Kool-Aid drinkers today? Who are the next in line to have their strings pulled right up to the point where they self destruct?

I have been accused of drinking the Kool-Aid. I have had my sanity questioned due to my unwavering support of Ron Paul and his philosophy of freedom. I have been derided by people on the right for my pro peace and anti police/security/surveillance state stances. I have been questioned by the left for my anti theft, I mean slavery, I mean taxes, and my anti Obamacare stances. They think I'm the Kool-Aid drinker because I don't agree with some portion of their ideology. They think I'm simplistic because of my "freedom is the answer, what's the question?" attitude. Yet my ideology incorporates the best of the right and the left. Theirs simply decides who to blame and where to point the guns of government. As the power is shifted from one side to another, we get the worst of both sides which is why we're in the mess we're in.

So, if my political views are shallow and simplistic, what are theirs? I say freedom works, let the many decide for themselves. Let anyone with an idea bring that idea to market and let those who consume vote with their dollars as to which is the best solution. Let competition determine the most efficient and cost effective solutions. What are their views? Let government do it? Force people to behave in a certain way or they will be fined or jailed? Apply a one size fits all solution to everybody, everywhere? Create government approved monopolies that stifle competition? Tell everyone what they can and cannot consume and threaten those who want to find and use their own medications or food sources with prison? These are not shallow and simplistic views?

Do you trust those in government? That´s worked out real well, hasn´t it? Why do you continue to have such faith in an institution that has so utterly failed for so long? Why do you continue to believe politicians when the standard joke is you know a politician is lying when his lips are moving? There are not too many politicians out there who are also ventriloquists. Why do you continue to trust that their solutions are going to work? Why do you continue to even believe that they will do as they promise? Create your own damn solution. Support someone else who has created a solution. Stop blindly obeying people just because they´re wearing a uniform or believe they´re "official." Haven´t you had enough of the Kool-Aid yet? Are you going to continue to drink it until your body is so full of poison you can´t stand on your own anymore and you´re completely dependent on someone else for your basic needs? If so, maybe you deserve what you get.

I am also a known "conspiracy theorist," which simply means I question the validity of what I´m told by establishment media sources. It means I am skeptical of what I hear from "mainstream media" sources. It means I don´t drink the Kool-Aid they offer to the masses. I no longer trust them. Do you? They are no longer a free and independent media. They are bought and paid for by corporate interests, the same corporate interests that bought off the government long ago. They are the whores of the elite rulers who hide behind the curtains of reality they create with their media puppets.

Do you really feel that so called mainstream media news sources gives you truthful information? I mean really accurate, truthful, unbiased information, all the information, objective information, no spin, no misinformation, no disinformation? What will it take before you realize you're being lied to? Will it finally hit home when TSA agents are in the malls feeling your wife up and the establishment news reports on this like it's normal and fun? How about when some libertarian neighbors of yours just disappear and there's not a word mentioned about it anywhere? Or maybe when cops with automatic weapons are on every street corner in our cities and the lead story is about some starlet's drug problem? Have you already drank so much of the Kool-Aid that your brain is addled and you can't see where all these media supported laws are heading?

If you're reading this, chances are you know better, that you don't drink the Kool-Aid, or a friend who cares for you has referred you to this article because they want you to stop drinking the Kool-Aid. If you do trust the corporate media to give you truthful information, I got news for you. You're being lied to. Oh, there may be stories that they'll report in a truthful manner, local stories and stories that have nothing to do with their agenda, but any story that really matters, that has an important impact on the world and possibly corporate interests, there's going to be something amiss with the information they disseminate.

It took me a long time to figure this out. I grew up with a TV glowing brightly in my living room every night. In fact, there was a smaller one glowing in our kitchen too as we sat and ate supper. Being counted amongst the youngest, I didn't have much say in what we watched. I did, however, pretty much believe that what was said on the news was truth. I was just a kid, after all, and my teachers at school told me we had the freest, most honest press in the world and every other country's news media was a tool of the state to keep the people of that country misinformed.

I guess that's where we really learn to drink the Kool-Aid, isn't it? I guess we really learn to trust authority figures while we're all still very young and more or less helpless. That's when we learn our country is the greatest, that we are free people, that we have the best, most honest, most trustworthy government institutions ever created in the entire history of mankind. Of course we believe what we are told. The teachers are saying so, and we have the best school system anywhere in the whole universe. Besides, at that tender age it is most important that we feel special. Being told he is part of the best system ever makes one feel special. It never occurred to me that Russian or Chinese school children may have been taught the same thing at the time.

It's really something that the whole drinking Kool-Aid meme came from the Jonestown event. There was much disinformation that was reported. I discovered after the event that it was quite mischaracterized by the media. About 200 children died during that event. Many of the people that were said to have drunk the Kool-Aid were actually found with bullets in their heads. These people weren't all the mindless zombies brainwashed by Jim Jones as the media would have you believe, they were scared men and women who wanted to get themselves and their children out of that situation but were too frightened and too entangled to do so. This event was one of the events that made me realize just how much Kool-Aid the establishment media serves up.

Who's drinking the Kool-Aid today? In my opinion, it's anyone who listens to the mainstream corporate news media and trusts in them. It's anyone who trusts in the federal government to do the right thing. It's anyone who believes the federal government's version of events in the world. It's anyone who thinks that certain government factions wouldn't contrive and carry out false flag terrorism events to get what they want. It's anyone who thinks that the privately owned central bank of this nation cares about the economy and the people it affects above its own interests. These are the people that have drank the Kool-Aid, and their denial of reality threatens at least their way of life, if not their very existence. These are the people that are likely to suffer the most and be taken most by surprise when the hammer finally falls.

My archives can be found at my website szandorblestman.com. Please visit there to read more and support me by making a donation.

The wait is finally over. I am overjoyed to announce that, after 16 years, "The Power of the Tech; book 3 of The Black Blade Trilogy" and "The Legacy of the Tareks; book 2 of The Black Blade Trilogy," have finally been released as ebooks. Get yours today! Complete or purchase the set. "The Legacy of the Tareks" is also available at Barnes and Noble, Sony, Kobo, and Diesel. For those of you who have not yet read "The Colors of Elberia; book 1 of The Black Blade trilogy" it is still available at smashwords, Barnes and Noble, Sony, Kobo, and Diesel. Here is a list of my works by Matthew Wayne at different web retailers for your convenience. "The Edge of Sanity" at smashwords, Barnes and Noble, Kobo, Sony, and Diesel. "The Ouijiers" at smashwords, Barnes and Noble, Kobo and Diesel. Here are links to my book "The Blessings of Freedom, Creating Prosperity in the 21st Century" serialized version: Chapter 1. Chapter 2 and chapters 3 and 4. I thank you for your support.

RTR.org - Blogs - Who're the Kool-Aid Drinkers Now?
    Last edited by AirborneSapper7; 05-23-2012 at 01:24 AM.

George Romney's Natural Born Citizenship Problem: A Different Era

Posted by whinTEXAS Mon at 8:23 AM - Filed in Constitution - # - 108 views

George Romney's Natural Born Citizenship Problem: A Different Era

During last night's Fox News Republican presidential debate for the South Carolina primary, liberal panelist Juan Williams asked a very pointed questionof Mitt Romney about his position on immigration reform that drew heckles from the audience. “Governor Romney, your father was born in Mexico. You still have family there — yet you have taken the hardest line of anyone on this stage on immigration reform,” Williams said. Although Williams' question didn't mention the natural born citizenship cloud hanging over President
    Barack Obama' presidency, the question was a back-handed way of throwing the issue in Romney's face. Although Mitt Romney clearly was born to U.S. citizen parents in Bloomfield Hills, Michigan, Internet blogs and chain e-mails have been making the rounds trying to cast doubt about Romney's natural born citizenship status. Williams has been very vocal in his view that the so-called "birther" debate surrounding Obama's eligibility was all about racism. Liberals immediately tried to cast the audience reaction as a sign of anti-Mexican bigotry within the Republican Party.

When Mitt's father, George Romney, ran against Richard Nixon for the Republican presidential nomination in 1968, there was a very intense public debate over whether Mitt's father met the constitutional eligibility requirement because of his birth in Mexico. George's parents, Gaskill and Anna Romney, were both U.S. citizens born in Utah, but George's grandfather, a practicing polygamist, had fled with his family to Mexico in the 1800s to escape prosecution for the outlawed practice. George's parents, who were monogamous, were married in Mexico and George was born there in 1907. George's parents fled Mexico with their children during the Mexican Revolution when he was five years old.
    Census data indicated that all of the family members were listed as U.S. citizens, including George, despite his birth in Mexico.

The We The People of the United States blog contrasts the news media's treatment of the debate over Romney's natural born citizenship status in 1968 compared to the media's virtual blackout of the issue during the 2008 presidential campaign. The New York Times, for example, featured a number of serious stories on the subject starting in 1967 and continuing right up to the time Romney dropped out of the race in 1968. In one of the stories, a very prominent Democratic member of Congress, U.S. Rep. Emanuel Celler, who served in the House for 50 years and chaired the House Judiciary Committee, elevated the debate. Celler, a practicing lawyer who was considered an expert on immigration law matters, was very outspoken in his view that Romney's natural born citizenship status was "a wide open question" that demanded further inquiry. Celler suggested the establishment of a special commission to rule on his eligibility without any hint that his motives in so requesting were less than honorable:

Representative Emanuel Celler expressed “serious doubts” yesterday as to whether Gov. George Romney of Michigan is eligible for the Presidency. Mr. Celler called it a “wide open question” and suggested that the Republican party appoint some sort of commission to “come up with an answer to this situation. … Mr. Celler, who is chairman of the House Judiciary Committee, said that although he had no plans to challenge Mr. Romney’s eligibility, the question should not be allowed to go unanswered. … Most constitutional experts have held that he is eligible since his parents were United States citizens. … The Romneys never gave up their citizenship and returned to the United States … George Romney was 5 years old. … Mr. Celler suggested that a commission to rule on Mr. Romney’s eligibility be composed of “eminent professors of law, retired jurists and lawyers.

One story published by the NY Times discussed a New York Law Journal article authored by Isidor Blum, a retired constitutional law professor at NYU, that concluded Romney was not a natural born citizen. "Blum asserts that the framers of the Constitution intended to exclude all foreign born persons from the Presidency," the Times reported. The journal's editor, Myron Kandel, told the Times that it was "an extremely significant question" and that "dialogue is necessary." "What if Romney gets elected and the courts decide he can't be president?" Kandel asked.
    By the time the campaign heated up in 1968, the Times speculated that a court case over the issue was imminent. It even quoted Romney advisers as saying the candidate himself was willing to test the issue in the courts if an opponent didn't file a case against him first. The conservative newspaper editor of the Manchester Union-Leader, William Loeb, was very vocal about his opposition to Romney's candidacy and threatened to take the issue to court himself to have Romney removed from the New Hampshire primary ballot if Romney moved forward with his campaign. In the end, Romney pulled out of the race two weeks before the nation's first presidential primary in New Hampshire as his support in public opinion polls plummeted before the case could be heard by a court, rendering the issue moot. The Secretary of State of Oregon had a pending request to his state's Attorney General to rule on the question of whether Romney should be removed from Oregon's ballot when Romney dropped his bid.

What's interesting about the newspaper articles that discussed Romney's eligibility was the open view that any citizen could go to court to challenge his eligibility to serve as president. With respect to Obama's eligibility, dozens of lawsuits brought by citizens and members of the military who questioned Obama's authority to serve as their commander-in-chief, have been summarily dismissed without hearing the merits of their legal argument on the basis that they lacked standing to challenge Obama's eligibility. One newspaper report actually cited the Wong Kim Ark Supreme Court decision upon which defenders of Obama's eligibility have relied to support their contention that he is a natural born citizen notwithstanding the fact that his father was a Kenyan national, making him a dual citizen at birth. The writer contended that the decision in that case meant only that Romney was a citizen at birth as a result of an act of Congress making children of U.S. citizens born abroad citizens at birth as opposed to a natural born citizen

The "We The People of the United States" blog notes the disparaging way the New York Times has discussed persons raising questions about Obama's eligibility, always using the negative term "birther" to describe them. "
    She looks like a young Carol Channing, sounds like an overexcited Zsa Zsa Gabor, and has the ability to make absurd accusations with a completely straight face," the Times said of Orley Taitz, the attorney who has filed a number of lawsuits challenging Obama's eligibility. How's that for a sexist description of a Russian female immigrant from the politically correct Times? The Times criticized news organizations that had covered the issue of using "the risible pretext of needing to be fair to both sides of an issue about which there was nothing up for debate--at least not in the real world." The law certainly didn't change during the 50-year intervening period between Romney's 1968 campaign for president and Obama's 2008 campaign, only the way the Times and the rest of the media chose to frame the debate--at least as far as Obama was concerned. The Times had no problem publishing stories questioning John McCain's eligibility on the exact same basis that Romney's eligibility had been questioned by the newspaper 50 years earlier.

RTR.org - Blogs - George Romney's Natural Born Citizenship Problem: A Different E