Page 566 of 740 FirstFirst ... 66466516556562563564565566567568569570576616666 ... LastLast
Results 5,651 to 5,660 of 7393
Like Tree19Likes

Thread: Ron Paul on the Issues

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 3 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 3 guests)

South West Florida (Behind friendly lines but still in Occupied Territory)
    Romney Clones Bush Foreign Policy

June 27, 2012 by Bob Livingston

PHOTOS.COM
    Mitt Romney has called for increasing military funding.

If you loved George W. Bush’s foreign policy, then Mitt Romney is your man. If this fact wasn’t evident before last weekend, it should now be crystal clear.

During a weekend retreat costing donors $50,000 to $100,000 each for admission, former Bush foreign policy officials — mostly members of the Bilderberg subgroup the Council on Foreign Relations, a sack full of (self-proclaimed) neocons and a couple of hundred banksters — gathered to fete Romney and pontificate about American empire.
    Former Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice and Bush’s former brain Karl Rove gave speeches highlighting what a Romney foreign policy would look like. Attendees included former Secretary of State (under George H.W. Bush) James Baker III, Senators John McCain and John Thune, Representatives Eric Cantor and Paul Ryan, Governors Bobby Jindal (La.) and Bob McDonnell (Va.), former Governors Jeb Bush (Fla.) and Tim Pawlenty (Minn.); former Bush staffers Mary Matalin and Michael Chertoff, and “chickenhawk” cheerleader Bill Kristol (a CFR member).
    As The Nation noted May 2:
    Of Romney’s forty identified foreign policy advisers, more than 70 percent worked for Bush. Many hail from the neoconservative wing of the party, were enthusiastic backers of the Iraq War and are proponents of a US or Israeli attack on Iran. Christopher Preble, a foreign policy expert at the Cato Institute, says, “Romney’s likely to be in the mold of George W. Bush when it comes to foreign policy if he were elected.” On some key issues, like Iran, Romney and his team are to the right of Bush. Romney’s embrace of the neoconservative cause–even if done cynically to woo the right–could turn into a policy nightmare if he becomes president.
    Romney has called for increasing military funding. He has said he believes he can attack Iran — or anyone else — without first getting Congressional authorization. (Where have we heard that before?) According to a foreign policy white paper from the Romney campaign released last October, Romney has pledged to increase the number of warships the Navy builds per year from nine to 15 (five more than the service requested in its 2012 budget), boost the size of the military by 100,000 troops, place a missile defense system in Europe and station two aircraft carriers near Iran.
    And Romney’s team is rife with Bush’s Iraq war chaff. It includes, according to The Nation:
    Robert Joseph, the National Security Council official who inserted the infamous “sixteen words” in Bush’s 2003 State of the Union message claiming that Iraq had tried to buy enriched uranium from Niger; Dan Senor, former spokesman for the hapless Coalition Provisional Authority under Paul Bremer in Iraq; and Eric Edelman, a top official at the Pentagon under Bush. “I can’t name a single Romney foreign policy adviser who believes the Iraq War was a mistake,” says Cato’s Preble. “Two-thirds of the American people do believe the Iraq War was a mistake. So he has willingly chosen to align himself with that one-third of the population right out of the gate.”
    The United States currently spends more on its military than the next 10 biggest military spenders combined — about 40 percent all money shelled out for military spending globally, according the Stockholm International Peace Research Institute. But for Romney and his CFR/neocon cabal, that’s not enough.

Romney Clones Bush Foreign Policy : Personal Liberty Alerts=
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Ron Paul’s Victory

June 28, 2012 by Sam Rolley

UPI FILE
    Chairman Ben Bernanke is going to have to open his books if Congress votes to audit the Federal Reserve.

Republican Presidential candidate Ron Paul’s mission to conduct a broad audit of the Federal Reserve moved a little closer to fruition on Wednesday.

The House oversight committee voted Wednesday to demand a broad audit of the Federal Reserve System by Congressional investigators in relation to a bill sponsored by Paul.

The bill was passed by a voice vote and will now advance to consideration in the full House.

“Clearly the Fed must be made too big to fail, and too big to fail requires a considerable amount of oversight,” said Representative Darrell E. Issa (R-Calif.), chairman of the committee, according to The Washington Times.

Paul’s bill has garnered 257 co-sponsors from both parties and would require the Government Accountability Office (GAO) to conduct a full audit of the Federal Reserve’s operations, including its monetary policy deliberations.

Representative Elijah Cummings (D-Md.) attempted to introduce an amendment that would prevent the GAO from auditing the Fed’s deliberations on monetary policy, but withdrew the attempt after Issa said it would “gut the bill.”

“This whole idea about ‘Well, we can’t touch the Fed’ is baloney,” said Representative Dennis J. Kucinich (D-Ohio). “We have to be able to have control over the Fed because it’s controlling every aspect of our economy.”

Ron Paul
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Reality Check: Mass. Corruption as GOP Strip Delegates of Their Credentials

Submitted by northstar on Wed, 06/27/2012 - 19:00
    Ron Paul 2012

Tonight on Reality Check!

Ben Swann Tweeted: 17 delegates stripped of their credentials by the Mass GOP.

Reality Check tonight, we'll look at what the GOP strategy might be.

Ben's station page: http://www.fox19.com/cate...

Reality Check: Mass. Corruption as GOP Strip Delegates of Their Credentials | Peace . Gold . Liberty | Ron Paul 2012

Last edited by AirborneSapper7; 06-28-2012 at 03:29 AM.

Choices and Actions

Submitted by Steve Dickson on Sun, 06/24/2012 - 15:24
    Blog

It is quite apparent there is a national pattern of “problems” when it comes to those who support Ron Paul exercising their right to participate in the Republican Party. More reports this weekend from Oregon and Massachusetts only add to the litany of grievances to date. My home state of Oklahoma saw significant rules violations that have been well documented elsewhere. I will not recount the state by state list, but it is safe to say naming the states following the rules is a shorter list than the violators. The question being asked by the Liberty-loving core of the Republican Party is:

WHAT DO WE DO NOW?
    Since guidance “from above” – meaning from the Ron Paul campaign itself – is not forthcoming, we must figure this out on our own. I will leave criticism of the campaign for a later date, and I certainly have plenty to say on the subject, but the fact is we have built our own organizations and efforts across the country, on our own, with our own self-chosen leadership. We are a lesson in the power of decentralization. It is therefore advisable to continue our decentralized quest for justice in the delegate process.

STEP ONE – fight within the party structure. The Rules that apply at the National Convention to contest what happened in your state are Rule 20, Rule 22, and Rule 23. I suggest you read them all, and I have included them at the end of this article. NO MATTER WHAT YOU DO, START HERE. If there are violations of the Rules, be diligent in filling your complaint in the proper manner. Doing this serves several purposes. First, it shows our continued support of the Rules and desire to operate within them (and by extension our support of the Rule of Law). Second, it properly documents who violated the Rules, and how they did it, so we can both stop them in the future and vote them out of office. Finally, it is entirely possible that your challenge will be upheld.

STEP TWO – fight within your state legal system. If state law was violated, by all means take action. This is something you will have to figure out on your own, on a state by state basis. You will need an attorney (or several) to figure this out, but a simple call out on a Facebook or Meetup site should get a few that will help you. If they won’t help you, they’ll know who can. If you can’t afford it, there are donors out there looking to help. Go ask them for help on legal expenses. We stand for the Rule of Law, and those who violate it must be exposed and brought to justice.

STEP THREE – fight within the federal legal system. If you believe federal law was violated, you have every right to file suit for legal remedy. You may do this on your own or as part of a larger group. This is the most difficult and in my opinion a last resort. As I am sure many of you know, there is a group known as “Tools for Justice” bringing a case in the 9th Circuit. I am not involved with this group, for several reasons.

Here are some:

I don’t know them. I don’t know their party affiliation. I don’t know their involvement with the Ron Paul campaign and/or the Liberty Movement. I don’t know what type of law he/they practice. I don’t know their track record of winning/losing.

I am pursuing things in a different way, within my state.

Whether you join up with that effort is up to you, and your personal discretion. I would encourage you to let your head rule your heart, and fully “vet” them before you decide. We all want justice done, and none should be condemned or praised for finding their own way to it. I do not oppose what they are doing, but I don’t choose to be a part of it and am not interested in a mass case. I am interested in the case that we have in my state, and how it fits within my state’s law, and my state’s rules. I will pursue it with attorneys that I have been involved with choosing, not ones I don’t know from other states.

I believe many separate challenges, of any and all Rules violations in the selection of delegates at both the Congressional District level and the State level, is much more powerful than one giant federal court case. My goal is to nominate and elect Ron Paul in Tampa. My belief is that he is the only candidate with any hope of defeating Barrack Obama. In my opinion, the only way that is going to happen is if each state properly documents and challenges improperly elected and/or selected delegations. We must use the process to hold the party to the rules it has written.

I do not believe any legal action will be in time. That does not mean we should not pursue legal action. If the law has been broken, the guilty must be exposed and punished. Corruption must be rooted out, but the wheels of justice turn slowly.

In the interests of disclosure, I am a “Santorum-bound” National Delegate from Oklahoma’s 5th Congressional District. I am currently in the process of challenging the results of Oklahoma’s GOP State Convention. The details of our challenge can be found at www.okliberty.com. We are accepting donations to offset our legal expenses, which we anticipate will be significant. If you are contemplating your own effort, I would encourage you to set up your own legal fund, and make sure you follow all applicable laws when you do. Please, do NOT donate to us if you have your own effort to fund, unless you have extra. We can always put it to good use.

Good luck to all of you, whichever path you choose. The most important thing is to CHOOSE and then TAKE ACTION!

Steve Dickson
    RULE NO. 20
    Contests: Resolution by States

All contests arising in any state electing district delegates by district conventions shall be decided by its state convention or, if the state convention shall not meet prior to the national convention, then by its state committee. Only contests affecting delegates elected or selected at large shall be presented to the Republican National Committee; provided, however, if the contest regarding a district delegate arises out of the irregular or unlawful action of the state committee or state convention, the Republican National Committee may take jurisdiction thereof and hear and determine the same under the procedures provided in Rule Nos. 22 and 23.

RULE NO. 22
    Contest Filing

(a) Notices of contests shall state the grounds of the contest and shall be filed, no later than thirty (30) days before the time set for the meeting of the national convention, with the secretary of the Republican National Committee and shall be sent, simultaneously, by registered mail to the person or persons being contested, except in the case of delegates or alternate delegates elected at a time or times in accordance with applicable state law rendering impossible the filing of the notice of contest within the time above specified.

(b) Notices of contests may be filed only by a resident of the state whose delegation is challenged who was eligible to participate at any level in the delegate selection process of that state.

(c) Only contests that are timely filed under these rules shall be considered.

(d) For purposes of the rules relating to contests and credentials, the term “party” shall mean a person or persons who shall have filed a notice of contest pursuant to this Rule No. 22, and the person or persons whose right to be seated as a delegate or alternate delegate is the subject of such notice of contest.

RULE NO. 23
    Contest Procedure
    (a) The Committee on Contests shall have the power to adopt procedural rules, not inconsistent with these rules, which shall govern the expeditious resolution of contests before the Committee on Contests. When any deadline set out in this rule falls on a Sunday or legal holiday, such deadline shall be extended to the following day.

(b) No later than twenty-two (22) days before the convening of the national convention (or, in the case of delegates or alternate delegates elected at a time or times in accordance with applicable state law rendering impossible compliance with this requirement, within five (5) days after such election), each of the parties shall file with the secretary of the Republican National Committee at least three (3) printed or typewritten copies of the statement of position in support of the party’s claim to sit as delegates or alternate delegates to the national convention together with such affidavits or other evidence as desired. The secretary of the Republican National Committee, upon receiving the statement of position of a party, shall furnish the opposing party a copy of said statement of position. Each statement of position shall begin with a summary of not more than one thousand (1,000) words setting forth succinctly a synopsis of the statement of position and a specific statement of the points relied upon.

(c) The Committee on Contests shall promptly hear the matter; decide which issues are involved, either of law or fact, or both; decide upon its recommendation for resolution of such issues; and submit such issues and its recommendations for resolution to the Republican National Committee. The issues so submitted by the Committee on Contests shall be the sole issues passed upon and determined by the Republican National Committee unless the Republican National Committee shall, by a majority vote, extend or change the same. If the Committee on Contests for any reason shall fail to state the issues either of law or fact, the Republican National Committee shall decide upon what issues the contest shall be tried, and the hearing shall be limited to such issues unless the Republican National Committee, by a majority vote, shall decide otherwise.

(d) The Committee on Contests shall make up a report of each contest filed, showing the grounds of contest; the statute and rule, if any, under which the contest is waged; and the contentions of each party thereto. The report shall conclude with a statement of the points of issue in the contest, both of fact and law, and a statement of the recommendation of the Committee on Contests as to resolution of such points of issue, and shall be signed by the chairman or his designee. When the Committee on Contests has prepared such report stating the issues of law and fact, a copy of the statement of such issues shall be submitted forthwith to a person in the convention city, whom the parties must appoint at the time of filing the contest to receive such statement, and a copy shall be served forthwith by the chairman of the Committee on Contests upon the parties by the most expeditious method available, providing for written evidence of receipt including, but not limited to, overnight delivery service.

(e) The parties shall have eight ( days to file written objections to the Committee on Contests’ statement of the issues of fact or law, or both, unless the Republican National Committee is called to act upon the contest sooner, in which case such objections shall be made before the meeting of the whole committee. The objections shall contain any additional statement of issues of either law or fact, or both, claimed by the party submitting the same to be involved in and necessary to be decided in the contest.

(f) When the Republican National Committee is called to pass upon any contest that may arise, the members of the Convention Committee on Credentials shall also be notified of the time and place of such meeting and shall have the right to attend all hearings of all contests but without the right to participate in the discussion or the vote.

Choices and Actions | Peace . Gold . Liberty | Ron Paul 2012

Last edited by AirborneSapper7; 06-28-2012 at 08:36 PM.

Peter Schiff Breaks down SCOTUS Ruling

Submitted by radiofriendly on Thu, 06/28/2012 - 19:11

Two wrongs do not make a right. The fine for not buying health insurance is not a tax, its a penalty. And even if it is a tax, its unconstitutional anyway, as its a direct tax that must be apportioned. The Supreme Court is wrong twice. - The Schiff Report

FLASHBACK… Remember Obama told us that the mandate was NOT a tax?

Read more: http://iroots.org/2012/06/28/peter-schiff-breaks-down-the-sc...

Peter Schiff Breaks down SCOTUS Ruling | Peace . Gold . Liberty | Ron Paul 2012

Justice Roberts May Have Just Provided the Means to Kill This Beast

Submitted by Denise B on Thu, 06/28/2012 - 16:57

Justice Roberts has just declared in no uncertain terms that the Obamacare Mandate is a tax. Being a tax, it then falls under the taxing restrictions spelled out in Article 1 of the U.S. Constitution, namely:
    Article 1. Section 2. Clause 3: Representatives and direct taxes shall be apportioned among the several states...

Article 1. Section 9. Clause 4: No Capitation or other direct tax shall be laid unless in proportion to the Census and Enummeration herein dictated to be taken (i.e. apportionment).

This mandate by definition falls under the direct tax category - a direct tax is any tax that can not be avoided....like the income tax, which they "allegedly" passed the 16th Amendment to try to get around.

It would seem that the states are now free to protect their citizen's from an unconstitutionally applied federal tax and could even file suit on those grounds. There is nothing which has overturned or changed these taxing restrictions in the Constitution and they couldn't even argue anymore that it isn't a tax, because they just declared that it was!

There may be a light at the end of this tunnel....

Justice Roberts May Have Just Provided the Means to Kill This Beast | Peace . Gold . Liberty | Ron Paul 2012

Reality Check: If Healthcare Law Is A Tax Is It Now Invalid?

Submitted by northstar on Fri, 06/29/2012 - 07:18
    Videos

Ben Swann Reality Check breaks down the Affordable Care Act ruling by the Supreme Court and looks at why the determination that the law is a tax may make it invalid

Reality Check: If Healthcare Law Is A Tax Is It Now Invalid? | Peace . Gold . Liberty | Ron Paul 2012

Judge Napolitano: "Individual Mandate Most Bizarre Tax in the History of the Country."

Submitted by
    adampeart on Fri, 06/29/2012 - 03:25
    Daily Paul Liberty Forum

Judge Napolitano: "Individual Mandate Most Bizarre Tax in the History of the Country." | Peace . Gold . Liberty | Ron Paul 2012

Obamacare to unleash crushing new taxes, trillions in debt, huge job losses, and it doesn't even cover natural medicine
    Friday, June 29, 2012
    by Mike Adams, the Health Ranger
    Editor of NaturalNews.com (See all articles...)

(NaturalNews) By now, we all know the U.S. Supreme Court upheld the individual mandate portion of Obamacare by declaring it a "tax." This is, in essence, a declaration that the federal government now has unlimited power to force consumers to spend some (or even all) of their take-home pay on various products, services or even intellectual property that they have no interest in buying in the first place. It is a concentration of economic power in the hands of the federal government, and it suddenly ends economic liberty in America (http://www.naturalnews.com/036329_Obamacare_Supreme_Court_economic_fr...).

It's also the largest tax increase in the history of the United States. By upholding Obamacare's individual mandate as a "tax," Chief Justice Robert just labeled President Obama the largest tax increase President in the history of the country! (http://decoded.nationaljournal.com/2012/06/roberts-labels-obama-a-tax...)

And yet President Obama himself declared the individual mandate was NOT a tax. Here's the video: Obama: Mandate is Not a Tax | Video - ABC News

And here's the transcript of his interview with George Stephanopoulos:
    http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/politics/2009/09/obama-mandate-is-not-a-t...

But now, of course, Chief Justice Roberts has declared it IS a tax, after all. Thus, Obama's key legislative achievement has become the single greatest legislative deception in the history of America.

How much will this new tax cost you? The Washington Post has published a handy online calculator:
    http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-srv/special/politics/what-health-bil...

It shows that the new tax begins in 2014, then ramps up to its maximum penalty at 2016, at which point you are taxed year after year until you cave in and buy into the monopoly Big Pharma health insurance scam. This is, for the record, the largest tax increase in history. And it's for a system of medicine which is a Big Pharma monopoly that doesn't even give consumers the freedom to choose natural medicine or alternative therapies!

21 new taxes on Americans

The high court's ruling leaves in place 21 tax increases in the health-care law costing more than $675 billion over the next 10 years, according to the House Ways and Means Committee. Of those, 12 tax hikes would affect families earning less than $250,000 per year, the panel said, including a "Cadillac tax" on high-cost insurance plans, a tax on insurance providers, and an excise tax on medical device manufacturers. (http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2012/jun/28/republicans-ruling-fo...)

Now that Obamacare's penalty is a "tax," not a "fee," Mr. Obama is breaking a 2008 campaign pledge not to raise taxes on Americans earning less than $250,000. This new "tax" will hit across the economic spectrum, despite his campaign declaration that health care should "never be purchased with tax increase on middle-class families." Now, Mr. Obama and congressional Democrats have enacted the largest tax increase in history.
    (http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2012/jun/28/curl-roberts-to-the-r...)

Federal government can now order you to engage in selected commerce

For the record, under the precedent now set by the U.S. Supreme Court, the federal government can simply order you to engage in whatever commerce the government chooses. All they have to do is create a penalty for refusing to go along with their order, and characterize the penalty as a "tax."

Ron Paul gets it. He understands the simple truth that the government has no power to compel people to engage in commerce. "The insurance mandate clearly exceeds the federal government's powers under the interstate commerce clause found in Article I, Section 8 of the Constitution," writes Ron Paul. "This is patently obvious: the power to 'regulate' commerce cannot include the power to compel commerce! Those who claim otherwise simply ignore the plain meaning of the Constitution because they don't want to limit federal power in any way. The commerce clause was intended simply to give Congress the power to regulate foreign trade, and also to prevent states from imposing tariffs on interstate goods. In Federalist Paper No. 22, Alexander Hamilton makes it clear the simple intent behind the clause was to prevent states from placing tolls or tariffs on goods as they passed through each state -- a practice that had proven particularly destructive across the many principalities of the German empire." (The Supreme Court and Obamacare by Ron Paul)

Health insurance premiums will soar

Obamacare is going to absolutely shred the infrastructure of our medical system, it is going to send health insurance premiums soaring, it is going to dramatically expand the size and the scope of government, it is going to fundamentally alter the relationships between doctors and their patients and it is one of the largest tax increases in U.S. history. Not only that, it is also going to add about a trillion dollars to our national debt over the next decade. So no, the Obamacare decision is not good news. Obamacare was one of the worst pieces of legislation in American history, and now we are stuck with it.
    http://endoftheamericandream.com/archives/15-reasons-why-the-obamacar...

Huge political revolt now expected

What are the political ramifications of all this? Obamacare remains widely hated by much of the U.S. population -- at least the portion of the population that actually works for a living -- and this Supreme Court decision will likely ruffle even more feathers of taxpayers who are tired of being pick-pocketed by the federal government at every turn.

While most people don't mind paying some reasonable level of tax to the feds, having the government invade your take-home pay and start forcing you to spend it on things you may or may not want is another thing entirely.

Because of the backlash against this law, it seems almost certain that this Supreme Court decision will play right into the hands of Mitt Romney, who will now make repealing Obamacare the centerpiece of his election campaign. He has already stated, in the Weekly Standard, "If We Want to Get Rid of Obamacare, We're Going to Have to Replace President Obama." (http://www.weeklystandard.com/blogs/romney-if-we-want-get-rid-obamaca...)

But even if Obama is replaced in the White House, the damage has already been done. With its decision, the U.S. Supreme Court has set a precedent of government control over private paychecks, and that precedent has fundamentally crushed economic freedom in America and opened the door to limitless taxes for everything imaginable. King George III couldn't have done it better.

Nevertheless, based on this decision I now predict a sweeping victory for Republicans in the 2012 elections as a backlash against Obamacare. I'm not saying I support Romney or the Republicans, because I think all politicians are crooks for the most part, and I agree with Gov. Jesse Ventura that the two-party system is largely just two criminal gangs jockeying for power on how they can exploit the people they claim to represent. Whether it's DemoCRIPS or ReBLOODlicans in power, they're all political gangstas.

Even if Romney takes office next January, actually repealing Obamacare would be almost impossible to achieve, by the way. Unraveling bad laws is far more difficult than getting them passed in the first place. It would take a true taxpayer revolt to pull it off.

The American revolution just inched one step closer to reality

We may be headed for that sooner than you think, by the way. With this decision to seize control of the money right out of your own paycheck, the moral collapse of the U.S. government is now complete. Once this "tax" starts to come due, many taxpayers will be in a state of near revolt. That, coupled with the economic collapse heading our way from the EU, will bring many Americans to a point of financial desperation.

It is from such conditions that, historically, revolutions emerge. And that's assuming we even make it to 2014 when the Obamacare tax is supposed to be levied on the American people. By some estimates, the U.S. government may suffer a crushing financial collapse between 2012 and 2015. If the government collapses, Obamacare and all the other bad laws go down with it: the Patriot Act, the DMCA, the NDAA, and so on. That's the one interesting thing about human history: Every time governments become too large, too bloated and too deeply invested in crushing liberty, the People eventually rise up against the injustices and take their country back, starting with a clean slate (which eventually becomes corrupt a few years later, of course).

It is the cycle of human civilization... the rise and fall of civilizations. We are living in the time of the fall of the American empire, and it's going to get a lot worse before it gets better. Hope you're ready to live in "interesting times," because we all have a front row seat to history in the making.

Articles Related to This Article:
    The Fair Tax: Why it's good for you and good for America

What are the health consequences of the tax season burden on American taxpayers?

Americans Question the Legality of the Income Tax

National Retail Sales Tax proposal gains momentum for real tax reform

While consumers shop, U.S. descends into planned financial implosion that favors corporate elite

Illegal aliens given billions in tax credits by the IRS

Obamacare to unleash crushing new taxes, trillions in debt, huge job losses, and it doesn't even cover natural medicine
    Last edited by AirborneSapper7; 06-30-2012 at 10:27 AM.