Page 612 of 740 FirstFirst ... 112512562602608609610611612613614615616622662712 ... LastLast
Results 6,111 to 6,120 of 7393
Like Tree19Likes

Thread: Ron Paul on the Issues

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 3 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 3 guests)

South West Florida (Behind friendly lines but still in Occupied Territory)
    Facebook Admits Tens of Millions of Accounts Are Fake

Submitted by
    P.Au.L on Thu, 08/02/2012 - 15:49
    Sci & Tech

MYFOXNY.COM - Facebook's share price dipped below $20 on Thursday after reporting slowing growth and an admission of an alarming number of fake accounts.

In a quarterly filing with the Securities and Exchange Commission, the social media company said that as many as 83 million of its accounts are fake.

It also reported that as many as five percent of its active users have duplicate accounts.

Read more: http://www.myfoxny.com/story/19180366/facebook-admits-millio...

Facebook Admits Tens of Millions of Accounts Are Fake | Peace . Gold . Liberty | Revolution
    Last edited by AirborneSapper7; 08-03-2012 at 04:59 AM.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

TENNESSEE Has An Election TODAY Thursday August 2nd 2012

Submitted by sovereignjanice on Thu, 08/02/2012 - 07:59
    DP Original
    Tennessee

Like so many that I speak to, very few people know that there are a bunch of what's called "run off" primaries taking place before the General Election on November 6th.

That means everyone needs to get off their arse and vote "liberty candidates" into office so we can change the playing field in the country that has bent and broken the rules against us.

On Thursday 8/2/12 people in TENNESSEE hava a chance to pull the rug out from under the status quo because the sheeple are only motivated to go vote in the big elections. Below I've collected names of liberty candidates from different sources. I suggest voting for these people, but nothing trumps your own research. I don't know it all and someone's definition of a "liberty candidate" may differ from yours.

Tennessee 8/2/2012
    polling hours 8:00a EDT (1200 UTC) / 8:00a CDT (1300 UTC) to 8:00p EDT (0000 UTC) / 7:00p CDT (0000 UTC). The polls close at the same GMT/UTC time, that is, polls close at a particular local time in the advanced time zone and close one hour earlier local time in the lagging time zone. Poll opening times are set by county.

[] Tonya Miller House Rep Dist 53
    [] Daniel Lewis House Rep. Dist 52
    [] Shaun Crowell Senate (Independent)
    [] Zach Poskevich Senate (Republican)
    [] Adrian Eddleman Senate (Republican)
    [] Mark Clayton Senate (Democrat)
    [] Weston Wamp House Rep Dist 3
    [] Susan Lynn House Rep Dist 57
    [] John J. Duncan, Jr House Rep Dist 2
    [] Ryan Harring House Rep Dist 48
    [] Steve Dickerson Senate Dist 20
    [] Mike Little Soddy Daisy Judge
    [] Dennis Kiser House Rep Dist 65

Is there anyone else?
    Check out http://www.thegreenpapers.com/G12/TN see if your district has a run off. It should say something like "Proceeds to Runoff on 2 August 2012" under a candidate's name if they're participating in this election.

I'm not in Tennessee, is there a run off election in my state? There are a bunch and you can find out here: http://www.thegreenpapers.com/G12/events.phtml?format=chrono...

There's no one for me to vote for in the run off, who should I be considering to vote for in addition to Ron Paul in the November 6th general election? I've put together a list of as many liberty candidates as I could find, organized by election date, here: http://www.dailypaul.com/242897/updated-list-of-liberty-cand...

There's a run off or other election, but none of the participants are listed as liberty candidates I'm not omnipotent. Just because I don't have someone on my list doesn't mean they're not a liberty candidate. It's up to you to do the research. Find out when your next election by you is at http://www.thegreenpapers.com/G12/events.phtml?format=chrono... and research the candidates.

There's someone not on your list that should be Please leave that person's name, office running for, election date and any other information in the comment section of http://www.dailypaul.com/242897/updated-list-of-liberty-cand...

There's someone on this list that shouldn't be This list is collected from many different sources and what qualifies someone as a "liberty candidate" may not meet everyone's qualifications. Please feel free to leave a comment stating your opinion and why. I would like all opinions, good and bad, to be put out there so everyone can make a decision based on all information.

What can I do to get more people to the polls for these elections to vote for these liberty candidates?

The main problem is that only a very few people even know these elections are taking place. Please share this information in EVERY way you can. Re-tweet, thumbs up, add to every social network, ask the mods to put this on the front page on the 31st, etc. Market this like you would anything else.
    --------------------
    Candidates not on the run off ballot because they already qualified for the November 6th ballot:
    Tennessee:
    [] Thomas M. Gray, III House Rep Dist 4
    [] Lenny Ladner House Rep Dist 7
    --------------------
    RonPaulForums Liberty Candidate List
    1 http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?365683-List-of-L...
    2 http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?384721-UPDATED-L...
    --------------------
    Liberty Candidates List http://libertycandidates.com
    --------------------
    Republican Liberty Caucus List http://www.rlc.org/candidate-endorsements-2012/
    --------------------
    Liberty Candidates United List http://libertycandidatesunited.wordpress.com/
    --------------------
    Do you know a candidate running for office? Have them fill out these forms to help get their name out there:
    1 http://libertycandidates.com/liberty-questions/
    2 http://www.yaliberty.org/campaigns/recommend
    3 http://www.rlc.org/rlc-resources-links/#Surveys
    4 http://pledge.tenthamendmentcenter.com/2009/08/13/for-legisl...
    --------------------
    Don't know your district? Just enter your zip code (if multiple representatives are given, then enter your address) here: http://www.house.gov/representatives/find/ and it will tell you who your current representative is and which congressional district you live in.
    --------------------
    Pro-Constitution voting record calculated at jbs.org during the 112th Congress. Example: jbs.org lists Justin Amash having a 93% Constitutional voting record, Ron Paul has 100%)
    --------------------
    Thinking about running for office yourself? http://www.amazon.com/How-Office-Liberty-Platform-Liberty-Ca...

http://www.dailypaul.com/247240/tenn...-2012?from=lbp

Last edited by AirborneSapper7; 08-03-2012 at 05:02 AM.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

End The Secrecy

August 3, 2012 by Sam Rolley

PHOTOS.COM
    Ron Paul wants to know what’s behind the curtain at the Federal Reserve.

Ron Paul seems to be asking members of the Senate that are unwilling to take a look at his bill to audit the Federal Reserve following its overwhelming passage in the House what the big deal is, with recent remarks.

In an interview with CNBC, Paul said that the goal of the bill is not to shut down the Fed, but do away with its proclivity toward leaving the American public in the dark with regard to its monetary meddling.

The veteran Texas Congressman said that he agrees at the moment it looks as if his bill has little chance of being considered in the Senate.

Paul vows that regardless of whether the Senate takes up his initiative, he will continue to highlight what he describes as Fed Chairman Ben Bernanke’s love of secrecy and taxpayer dollars.

Paul also noted that Americans have a right to know exactly who is receiving Fed bailout dollars.

“We have an obligation and a right to know what the Fed is doing in secret when they bail out their friends and bail out the banks, and get involved in overseas financing, as they are prepared to do in Europe right now,” he said.

End The Secrecy : Personal Liberty Alerts=

Rand Paul Takes On The TSA

August 3, 2012 by Chip Wood

UPI FILE
    Senator Rand Paul says he has a "hate/hate relationship" with the Transportation Security Administration.

For the second year in a row, Kentucky’s junior Senator, Rand Paul, had the standing-room-only crowd at FreedomFest on its feet, applauding and cheering. (Although, there were a few gloomy dissidents I’ll tell you about later.)

And also for the second year in a row, I had the great pleasure of introducing the Republican Senator and conducting a lively question-and-answer period with him.

Paul began with a story that got a huge laugh from the crowd. “As you may know,” he said, “I have sort of a love/hate relationship with the TSA.” He paused and then added, “Well, let’s be honest. It’s more of a hate/hate relationship.”

Paul related several horror stories about passengers who were abused by the people charged with making sure our airports are safe and secure. He described what it is like going through airport security. He raised his hands above his head, then mimicked a guard saying, “No, hon, a little higher. Raise your arms a little bit higher.”

While holding his arms high above his head, Rand turned to the crowd and asked, “Is this the posture of a free man?” The response was an enthusiastic burst of laughter, stomping and cheering.

The Senator then related his own recent experience. It seems a scanner saw something it didn’t like when he was trying to board a flight. He was instructed to sit in a cubicle and wait for a guard. He asked if he couldn’t just go through the scanner again, but was told no. When he complained about being detained, he was told, “You’re not being detained; you just can’t leave.”

He decided to alert the local media to what was happening. But when he reached into his carry-on bag to get his cellphone, a guard standing nearby said: “Now, you qualify for a full pat-down.” So Rand told the reporter he was talking to, “Looks like I’ll be here for a while.”

Finally, an older and wiser Transportation Security Administration official prevailed. When he arrived, he suggested the Senator go through the scanner again. In fact, he offered to take him to the head of the line. “No,” the Senator replied. “I’ll wait in line like everyone else.”

The second time through security the scanner was silent. “It looks like you have a 50 percent error rate,” the Senator remarked. “That doesn’t sound very good to me.”

A TSA employee standing by the machine told him, “Oh, that’s because they’re set to go off randomly.”

A higher-up later denied this, but you could tell the Senator was more than a little skeptical about the machines — and the agency that administers them.

Paul has introduced a bill in the Senate that would privatize the TSA.
    “I’d rather have the airlines responsible for the safety and security of their passengers and their planes,” he told the crowd. He said that while many Democrats in Congress have told him privately that they agree with him (and have even shared other TSA horror stories), he doesn’t expect any action in the current Congress.

“The TSA is a big union,” he said. “And the Democrats won’t do anything this year to hurt a union.”

According to Paul, the TSA may be the second most-hated agency of the Federal government — next to the Internal Revenue Service. But it isn’t the biggest problem we face. No, that dubious honor belongs to our debt.

“We are borrowing $50,000 a second — over a trillion dollars a year,” the Senator said. “It is unsustainable. We must do something about it. And we aren’t.

“Last week,” he told us, “we tried to cut one penny from the price support for sugar. One penny. It would have saved $7 million a year. That’s not much when you’re faced with a trillion-dollar deficit. We’d have to do it another 140,000 times to balance the budget.”

Paul said the bill had a good chance to pass, but “then Harry Reid came along and twisted some arms and two Democrats changed their vote.” The measure failed.

He told the crowd not to believe there is no bipartisan compromise in Congress.

“This simply isn’t true,” he insisted. “We have it every year — to raise spending.” When you hear claims that Congress has agreed to cut spending, don’t believe it, he said. “What they’re cutting are increases that are already built into the system.”

If we just held spending where it is, we could balance the budget in 10 years, Paul insisted. “If we were to cut just one percent a year — one penny out of every dollar — we could balance the budget in six or seven years.”

As you might have guessed, Paul is totally opposed to raising taxes. He pointed out that the top 10 percent of taxpayers already pay 70 percent of all of the taxes collected in this country.

“The rich are paying more than their fair share,” he said. “If you want to make it fair, you should cut their taxes.” That sentiment was greeted with a hearty round of applause.

There was a lively question-and-answer period at the end of Paul’s remarks. The most common question, by far, was why he endorsed Mitt Romney for President instead of his dad.
    “First of all,” he replied, “it’s not ‘instead.’ I did endorse my father and still do. I’ve been campaigning for him since I was 11 years old. There is no one who has worked harder for him.”

Paul said he believes “libertarians can accomplish more working within the Republican Party than outside.” When he decided to run for the Senate, he did so as a Republican. “I said then that I would support the Party’s nominee for President,” he said.

Paul then addressed the libertarians in his audience.
    “If you support the Libertarian Party, I’m not going to bust your chops,” he said. “I’ve been there. I’m not saying that if you choose that approach you are wrong. But at least do me the courtesy of understanding that there’s no one more supporting of my father than me.”

The Senator may not have won over everyone in the audience. But the vast majority gave him a rousing standing ovation when he concluded by saying: “We have to believe in ourselves. We have to believe in the free-enterprise system.

We shouldn’t apologize. Instead, we should tell the world that our system made us the strongest, the richest, and the most humanitarian country in the history of the world.”

Until next time, keep some powder dry.
    –Chip Wood

Rand Paul Takes On The TSA : Personal Liberty Alerts=

Police Say Man Handcuffed With Arms Behind Back Shot Himself In Head

Submitted by Straight Sativa on Fri, 08/03/2012 - 11:08
    Current Events

"This story – like any that deal with government corruption or police brutality – lack the pertinent details to jump to any conclusions but what is being reported is somehow a man was searched, handcuffed behind his back and double locked in the back of a patrol car.
    Just moments later, police say the they heard thumping in the back of the car and then man shot himself in the back of the head.

There are simply no answers to some basic questions and the news simply didn’t even bother to ask them but at this point the story is pretty unbelievable.

Instead of asking those questions, in typical parrot media fashion, the story simply has a quote from the dead man’s mother saying her son was not suicidal and she does not believe the official story."
    http://blog.alexanderhiggins.com/2012/08/02/police-man-handc...

Police Say Man Handcuffed With Arms Behind Back Shot Himself In Head | Peace . Gold . Liberty | Revolution

Anonymous Hacks IRS Database and publishes Romney Tax Returns

Submitted by Freeyourself2 on Fri, 08/03/2012 - 11:10
    Politics, General + Law(s)

August 1, 2012 - Late last night, the mysterious group of hackers known as Anonymous successfully hacked the main database for the Internal Revenue Service. The group appeared to have a singular target- Republican Presidential nominee Mitt Romney. Romney has been criticized by both parties for his failure to produce more than one past tax return.

The Anonymous attack successfully retrieved 25-years worth of Romney’s tax returns and published them without permission on major websites throughout the Internet. The majority of these websites removed the returns within minutes, however it was too late to completely protect the candidate’s already tainted image.

Read more:
    Disclose.tv

Anonymous Hacks IRS Database and publishes Romney Tax Returns | Peace . Gold . Liberty | Revolution

RNC "Ron Paul" NC National Delegate Daniel Rufty telling Mitt Romney "whats up!"

Submitted by Brian Frank on Fri, 08/03/2012 - 15:45
    Current Events

CHARLOTTE, NC: In September, the Democratic National Convention takes over the Queen City. But many local voters are paying close attention or even traveling to the Republican National Convention in Tampa. Fox News Rising's Christine Noël chats with one of the youngest RNC delegates, Daniel Rufty, about the excitement surrounding the GOP's event.

Led by Rep. Ron Paul, Congress Explores Sound Money

Submitted by legalizeliberty on Fri, 08/03/2012 - 16:04
    Politics, General + Law(s)

As concerns over the U.S. dollar and the Federal Reserve continue to grow, U.S. lawmakers explored sound money, competing currencies, and the route to monetary freedom during an August 2 congressional hearing chaired by Rep. Ron Paul (R-Texas). It was the final House Domestic Monetary Policy Subcommittee hearing led by the long-time champion of honest currency and reining in the controversial Fed, but analysts say the impact of Rep. Paul’s work is only just starting to be felt.

Entitled “Sound Money: Parallel Currencies and the Roadmap to Monetary Freedom,” the hearing featured powerful testimony from several expert witnesses. But Rep. Paul, almost single-handedly responsible for sparking the ongoing nationwide debate about monetary policy, offered his own thoughts on the issue as well, slamming central planning and calling for honest money as a precursor to free markets and true liberty.

“One of the most pressing issues of our time is the push for monetary freedom,” Rep. Paul said in his opening statement, citing Austrian economist Ludwig von Mises — widely considered one of the most important advocates of free markets in history. “The only sound monetary system is one which protects sound money and allows consumers, businesses, and investors the freedom to transact in the currency of their choice.”

Continue:
    http://www.thenewamerican.com/economy/economics/item/12311-l...

Led by Rep. Ron Paul, Congress Explores Sound Money | Peace . Gold . Liberty | Revolution

Guest Post: We Should All Love Fed Transparency

Submitted by Tyler Durden on 08/02/2012 11:39 -0400

Ben Bernanke
    Central Banks
    Fed Transparency
    Federal Reserve
    Foreign Central Banks
    Monetary Policy
    Ron Paul
    St Louis Fed
    Transparency

Submitted by John Aziz of Azizonomics,

Ron Paul’s signature Audit the Fed legislation finally passed the House; on July 25, the House bill was passed 327 to 98. But the chances of a comprehensive audit of monetary policy — including the specifics of the 2008 bailouts — remain distant.

Why? Well, the Fed doesn’t seem to want the sunshine. Critics including the current Fed regime claim that monetary policy transparency would politicise the Fed and compromise its independence, and allow public sentiment to interfere with what they believe should be a process left to experts dispassionately interpreting the economic data. Although the St. Louis Fed makes economic data widely available, monetary policy is determined behind closed doors, and transactions are carried out in secret.

Bernanke:

We fully accept the need for transparency and accountability, but it is a well-established fact that an independent central bank will provide better outcomes.
    Ron Paul:

When the Fed talks about independence, what they’re really talking about is secrecy. What the GAO cannot audit is monetary policy. It would not be able to look at agreements and operations with foreign central banks, and governments, and other banks, transactions made under the direction of the FOMC [Federal Open Market Committee], and discussions or communications between the board and the Federal Reserve system relating to all those items. And why this is important is because of what happened 4 years ago. It’s estimated that the amount of money that went in and out of the Fed overseas is $15 trillion. How did we get into this situation where Congress has nothing to say about bailing out all these banks?
    What I am struggling to understand is why the Fed is so keen to not disclose the inner workings of monetary policy even in retrospect. How can we judge the success of monetary policy operations without the raw facts? How can we have an informed debate about what the Fed does unless we know exactly what the Fed does? Why should only insiders be privy to this information? Surely the more we know, the better debate economists and the wider society will be able to have about Fed policy?

There are plenty of critics of Bernanke and the Fed, including both those who believe the Fed should do more, and those who believe the Fed should do less. But it seems very difficult to appraise the Fed’s monetary policy operations unless we can look at every aspect of its policy. If Bernanke and the FOMC are confident that their decisions have been the right ones, why can they not at least disclose the full extent of monetary policy and explain their decisions? If they are making the right decisions, they should at least have the confidence to try and explain them.

All that the current state of secrecy does is encourage conspiracy theories. What is the FOMC trying to hide? Are they making decisions that they think would prove unpopular or inexplicable? Are they ashamed of their previous decisions or decision-making frameworks? Are they concerned the decision making process will make them look bad? Are they bailing out well-connected insiders at the expense of the wider society?

We can’t have a real debate about policy unless we have access to all the data about decisions. Those who believe the Fed’s monetary policy has worked should welcome transparency just as much as those who believe the Fed’s monetary policy has not worked. If the Fed’s actions have been beneficial, then transparency will shine kindly on it. If not, then transparency will help us have a better debate about the road forward.

Guest Post: We Should All Love Fed Transparency | ZeroHedge

The Real Question: "Will Americans Throw Off The Chains of 100 Years of Slavery in 2012?"

Submitted by Barracuda_Trader on Thu, 05/17/2012 - 06:30
    Daily Paul Liberty Forum

Who owns the Federal Reserve?
    Who owns the Federal Reserve? - YouTube

VIDEO: A Second Look At the Federal Reserve

An Address by G. Edward Griffin.
    creature from jekyll island pt1 - YouTube

Where does money come from? Where does it go? Who makes it? The money magician's secrets are unveiled. Here is a close look at their mirrors and smoke machines, the pulleys, cogs, and wheels that create the grand illusion called money.

A boring subject? Just wait. You'll be hooked in five minutes. It sounds like a detective story, which it really is, but it's all true. Based on Mr. Griffin's book of the same title, this address will shatter your old ideas about money and change the way you view the world. 74 minutes.

End the Fed
    by Ron Paul

Before the US House of Representatives, February 4, 2009, introducing the The Federal Reserve Board Abolition Act, H.R. 833.

Madame Speaker, I rise to introduce legislation to restore financial stability to America's economy by abolishing the Federal Reserve. Since the creation of the Federal Reserve, middle and working-class Americans have been victimized by a boom-and-bust monetary policy.

In addition, most Americans have suffered a steadily eroding purchasing power because of the Federal Reserve's inflationary policies. This represents a real, if hidden, tax imposed on the American people.

From the Great Depression, to the stagflation of the seventies, to the current economic crisis caused by the housing bubble, every economic downturn suffered by this country over the past century can be traced to Federal Reserve policy. The Fed has followed a consistent policy of flooding the economy with easy money, leading to a misallocation of resources and an artificial "boom" followed by a recession or depression when the Fed-created bubble bursts.

With a stable currency, American exporters will no longer be held hostage to an erratic monetary policy. Stabilizing the currency will also give Americans new incentives to save as they will no longer have to fear inflation eroding their savings. Those members concerned about increasing America's exports or the low rate of savings should be enthusiastic supporters of this legislation.

Though the Federal Reserve policy harms the average American, it benefits those in a position to take advantage of the cycles in monetary policy. The main beneficiaries are those who receive access to artificially inflated money and/or credit before the inflationary effects of the policy impact the entire economy. Federal Reserve policies also benefit big spending politicians who use the inflated currency created by the Fed to hide the true costs of the welfare-warfare state. It is time for Congress to put the interests of the American people ahead of special interests and their own appetite for big government.

Abolishing the Federal Reserve will allow Congress to reassert its constitutional authority over monetary policy. The United States Constitution grants to Congress the authority to coin money and regulate the value of the currency. The Constitution does not give Congress the authority to delegate control over monetary policy to a central bank. Furthermore, the Constitution certainly does not empower the federal government to erode the American standard of living via an inflationary monetary policy.

In fact, Congress' constitutional mandate regarding monetary policy should only permit currency backed by stable commodities such as silver and gold to be used as legal tender. Therefore, abolishing the Federal Reserve and returning to a constitutional system will enable America to return to the type of monetary system envisioned by our nation's founders: one where the value of money is consistent because it is tied to a commodity such as gold. Such a monetary system is the basis of a true free-market economy.

In conclusion, Mr. Speaker, I urge my colleagues to stand up for working Americans by putting an end to the manipulation of the money supply which erodes Americans' standard of living, enlarges big government, and enriches well-connected elites, by cosponsoring my legislation to abolish the Federal Reserve.

The Real Question: "Will Americans Throw Off The Chains of 100 Years of Slavery in 2012?" | Peace . Gold . Liberty | Revolution