Page 651 of 740 FirstFirst ... 151551601641647648649650651652653654655661701 ... LastLast
Results 6,501 to 6,510 of 7393
Like Tree19Likes

Thread: Ron Paul on the Issues

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 2 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 2 guests)

South West Florida (Behind friendly lines but still in Occupied Territory)
    Ron Paul GOP Delegates May Not Back Romney

Submitted by DeMolay on Tue, 08/21/2012 - 04:14
    Daily Paul Liberty Forum

TAMPA, Fla., Aug. 21 (UPI) -- Ron Paul delegates nationally could deny Mitt Romney their votes if the Republican National Convention shuns Paul's Oklahoma delegates, a campaign lawyer said.

The Paul campaign attorney told the Republican National Committee's Committee on Contests a political battle could erupt at next week's convention in Tampa, Fla., over its promised refusal to seat Paul delegates.

The RNC fears Paul's supporters from at least six states will disrupt the convention, which is intended to coalesce support for Romney, the presumptive GOP presidential nominee, The Portland (Maine) Press Herald reported.

Read more: http://www.upi.com/Top_News/US/2012/08/21/Ron-Paul-GOP-deleg...

Ron Paul GOP Delegates May Not Back Romney | Peace . Gold . Liberty | Revolution

Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Exclamation

Paul Attorney Threatens RNC, Romney Campaign

Submitted by emalvini on Mon, 08/20/2012 - 21:48
    Daily Paul Liberty Forum
    Florida

By Ralph Z. Hallow - The Washington Times
    Monday, August 20, 2012

TAMPA — The lawyer for Ron Paul’s Oklahoma delegates to the Republican National Convention threatened Mitt Romney and the Republican National Committee to withhold votes on Monday for the presumptive Republican presidential nominee, according to the Oklahoma GOP chairman.

The Paul attorney told the RNC’s Committee on Contests that unless it seated the Paul delegates instead of those elected by the Oklahoma GOP, Paul supporters across the country would withhold their votes from Mr. Romney.

“That this lawyer turned a rules challenge into political blackmail was thuggish and certainly not the way to restore the first principles of this republic, which is the professed aim of the Ron Paul revolution,” Republican National Convention Vice Chairman Solomon Yue told The Washington Times.

Read more: http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2012/aug/20/paul-attorne...

Paul Attorney Threatens RNC, Romney Campaign | Peace . Gold . Liberty | Revolution
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

GOP Consultant: Koch Brothers Bought Ryan’s Nomination With $100 Million Promise

Submitted by Misfit4Peace on Tue, 08/21/2012 - 05:49
    Current Events

Veteran Republican political consultant, unrepentant dirty trickster, and recently reborn libertarian Roger Stone yesterday published a startling accusation against Paul Ryan and Mitt Romney on his personal website, The Stone Zone. According to Stone, the billionaire Koch brothers purchased the Republican vice presidential nomination for Ryan from Romney in late July by promising to fork over an additional $100 million toward “independent expenditure” campaigning for the GOP ticket.

Any such transaction would represent a serious violation of federal election laws and perhaps other statutes, aside from the ethical and character implications for all concerned. Although Stone is not the most reputable figure, to put it mildly, he has been a Republican insider, with access to the party’s top figures, over four decades. His credentials date back to Nixon’s Committee to Reelect The President and continue through the Reagan White House, the hard-fought Bush campaigns, and the Florida fiasco in 2000, when he masterminded the “Brooks Brothers riot” that shut down the Bush-Gore recount in Miami-Dade. Peruse his site and you’ll see his greatest hits and the attention he has drawn from major publications.
    Continue at National Memo

A survey popped up when I went to this page. It was by the DCCC.

Question: Do you think Mitt Romney should release his tax records? I answered yes. When they ask for my name I put Misfit4RonPaul

GOP Consultant: Koch Brothers Bought Ryan

Veterans March Update

Submitted by xtreat on Tue, 08/21/2012 - 12:46
    Daily Paul Liberty Forum
    DP Original

I have confirmation from Ron Paul himself that he "has no problem at all with the veterans parade that is a peaceful demonstration against the war."

I have gotten quite a few texts and PM's from people inquiring about the veterans march, whether or not it is cancelled, and what the deal is.

Here is the deal. Adam Kokesh is no longer involved in the veterans march on the RNC. We essentially have no leadership and no plan that I know of. That being said I have heard from a lot of people that they want to do it anyways. I have not ruled out that this march may take place. I would recommend showing up at the fairgrounds at the 11 o'clock Monday morning as planned. Maybe I and some others can patch this together if we can get enough participation.

All ideas and criticisms are welcome. I will however be out of the net for the next 24-48 hours as I travel and visit with family before I leave for Korea.

Ryan Treat

Please share this information.

Veterans March Update | Peace . Gold . Liberty | Revolution

Aimee Allen Exclusive: Brandon Raub, the NDAA tyranny and her new band The Interrupters

Submitted by Kurt Wallace on Tue, 08/21/2012 - 14:15
    Blog | libertypulse.com | dailypaulradio.com

Aimee Allen music artist known for the Ron Paul Revolution song joins Daily Paul Radio with Kurt Wallace for ‘Aimee Allen Exclusive: Brandon Raub, the NDAA and her new band The Interrupters’ to discuss the recent tyranny imposed by the federal government and President Obama, her appeal to Obama supporters and her appearence at the Sundome in Tampa Sunday August 26th. She also tells us about her call with Ron and Carol Paul and her new Liberty band The Interrupters.

Listen to the Interview Here!

Aimee Allen Exclusive: Brandon Raub, the NDAA tyranny and her new band The Interrupters | Peace . Gold . Liberty | Revolution
    Last edited by AirborneSapper7; 08-21-2012 at 05:04 PM.

Kidnapped Marine's Mom blows off MSM for AVTM exclusive

Submitted by DJP333 on Tue, 08/21/2012 - 16:22
    Videos

Brandon Raub's mother and family provide an update on the situation:

Kidnapped Marine's Mom blows off MSM for AVTM exclusive | Peace . Gold . Liberty | Revolution

Marine PA Officer on Gun Confiscation: "Marines Have Right to Refuse Unlawful Order"

Submitted by James_Madison_Lives on Tue, 08/21/2012 - 16:57
    Ron Paul 2012

God how I love my country. U.S. Marine brother affirms obedience to Constitution. Brought me to tears.

I think we're going to be okay, brothers and sisters. The fight is on, but I think we're going to be okay. On to Tampa.

Marine PA Officer on Gun Confiscation: "Marines Have Right to Refuse Unlawful Order" | Peace . Gold . Liberty | Revolution

Huffington Post: Why the GOP Is Scared of Ron Paul and 4 Reasons He Might Still Get the 2012 Republican Nomination

Submitted by IngotNews.com on Tue, 08/21/2012 - 16:19Ron Paul 2012

Huffington Post - Posted: 08/21/2012 3:55 pm
    Why the GOP Is Scared of Ron Paul and 4 Reasons He Might Still Get the 2012 Republican Nomination.

Article by Laura Trice

Full Article: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/laura-trice/gop-scared-ron-pau...

------------------------------
    Preview:

Wait, isn't Dr. Ron Paul out of the presidential race? Isn't it all tied up nicely in a bow with the Romney/Ryan ticket?
    No.

Why would the GOP be scared of Ron Paul but end up nominating him?

I'll explain.

Romney and the GOP have demonstrated both poor judgment and poor sportsmanship that might cost them by damaging Romney's electability among the Ron Paul supporters thus leading to a splitting of votes, which in turn, could cost the GOP the entire election.

Dr. Ron Paul is still in the race for president and is a strong contender for the 2012 GOP nomination.

To be on the GOP ballot Aug. 27, 2012 in Tampa and get a 15-minute speaking slot, a candidate must have won the plurality (majority) of delegates in at least 5 states.

Well, Ron Paul did win the plurality of delegates in 5 states, enough to be eligible for the nomination and a 15-minute speaking slot at the GOP convention. The states he won are Louisiana, Iowa, Minnesota, Maine and Nevada. Then Ron Paul went on to win the plurality in Massachusetts, Romney's home state and half the delegates in Oregon. Dr. Ron Paul also has around 500 delegates who support him. The exact number of delegates that Romney and Paul have is still a mystery but should be clarified at the convention.

So... Ron Paul won his 5-plus states, he's on the ballot and writing his speech, right? Not exactly...

(continue here: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/laura-trice/gop-scared-ron-pau...)

Huffington Post: Why the GOP Is Scared of Ron Paul and 4 Reasons He Might Still Get the 2012 Republican Nomination | Peace . Gold . Liberty | Revolution

Kidnapped Marine Vet Brandon Raub Speaks Out from Psych Ward

Submitted by Maeve on Tue, 08/21/2012 - 13:12
    Daily Paul Liberty Forum

Brandon Raub calls into Adam vs The Man.

Kidnapped Marine Vet Brandon Raub Speaks Out from Psych Ward | Peace . Gold . Liberty | Revolution