Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Activists Pledge over Half A Million For Dobbs Presidential

Activists Pledge over Half A Million For Dobbs' Presidential Run

November 24, 2009

www.alipac.us WilliamG@alipac.us
    (866) 703-0864

As of today, over 3,514 Americans have pledged to donate more than $654,000 to Lou Dobbs, if he decides to run to launch a run for President in 2012.

These pledges of support have been made at the Lou Dobbs fan site www.LouDobbsForPresident.org which is maintained by Americans for Legal Immigration PAC. The site was launched in early 2008 after pro-Amnesty candidates John McCain and Barack Obama won their primaries.

The website has been adjusted to reflect the support for a Lou Dobbs presidential run in 2012 and activity on the site has escalated following the recent news that Lou Dobbs is indeed considering a run for President.

"People are very excited about Lou Dobbs considering a Presidential run," said William Gheen of ALIPAC. "If he decides to run, ALIPAC will donate the url and website www.LouDobbsForPresident to his campaign, along with all of the contributor information we have gathered with the website. This will give a Lou Dobbs for President campaign an early boost."

Americans for Legal Immigration PAC has been supporting Lou Dobbs because his show was one of the few national media shows that continued to broadcast accurate information about illegal immigration and America's broken borders.

"One of the great things about Lou Dobbs is that he has been honest and straight forward about his positions on issues," said William Gheen. "We have a very unique opportunity because the candidate's views and concerns have been on public display on television for years. We know where Lou stands and we know that his stances are popular with the American public."

ALIPAC is launching a "Draft Lou Dobbs for President or US Senate" fan page on Facebook today to accompany renewed efforts to attract readers to www.LouDobbsForPresident.org The group hopes that Lou Dobbs and his advisers will be encouraged by the growing numbers of volunteers and donors registering their support at the website and the offer of a pre-existing support network for the campaign. ALIPAC's goal is to achieve over 1 Million dollars pledged by the end of 2009. The site shows the number of supporters, the total funds pledged, and allows people to make comments to Lou Dobbs.

"I look forward to a day when I can hand Lou Dobbs a maximum donation from our PAC, a maximum donation from my family, and a CD Rom disk with a list of donors and our URL for his campaign." said William Gheen. "It would be a refreshing experience to have a candidate for President such as Lou Dobbs who can be trusted, will stand with the American public on issues, can unite Republicans, Democrats and Independents, and who can win the race and put America back on the right track."

For more information please visit www.alipac.us or www.LouDobbsforPresident.org

###
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

What's his position on abortion?

I know this question is off subject of illegal immigration, but I read that Lou Dobbs is prochoice. I'm against Amnesty, believe we should put a freeze on importing foreign workers until the millions of unemployed Americans have jobs,building the Border Fence, & no free benefits to illegal immigrants. Even if Lou Dobbs agrees with that, I will not vote for a person that is for killing the most innocent in our society through abortion.

Re: What's his position on abortion?

Quote Originally Posted by RooForLife
    I know this question is off subject of illegal immigration, but I read that Lou Dobbs is prochoice. I'm against Amnesty, believe we should put a freeze on importing foreign workers until the millions of unemployed Americans have jobs,building the Border Fence, & no free benefits to illegal immigrants. Even if Lou Dobbs agrees with that, I will not vote for a person that is for killing the most innocent in our society through abortion.
    Well, if they turn 12+ million illegal aliens into voters it is not going to matter what you pro life folks along with the rest of us on the DHS watch lists think now will it?

W
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by ALIPAC
    Well, if they turn 12+ million illegal aliens into voters it is not going to matter what you pro life folks along with the rest of us on the DHS watch lists think now will it?

W
    So we should quit is that it?

Welcome, Roo! And no way ever should we quit! It is our God-given duty to battle for what is in our hearts and minds -- we have that right with the First Amendment, and we have that right at the ballot box. We all will undoubtedly disagree but we have the right to have those disagreements, quietly or loudly.
    When (or IF) Dobbs announces a presidential run, every question needs to be asked, down to the brand of toilet paper he prefers.
    I have never heard him discuss the issue of abortion ever in all the years I have listened to him and watched the show.
    I think the first thing we need to consider for 2012 is someone that can see the national turmoil clearly, as the last few presidencies have seemed to be mired in a muddy field.

Quote Originally Posted by ALIPAC

W
    So we should quit is that it?
    No, we have to stop them from doing that again and we should all remember that without Lou Dobbs there's a good chance these illegals would already be voting.

W

Dobbs reaches out to Latinos

Can I politely ask what the hell this means? This is a quote from today's Wall Street Journal:

In a little-noticed interview Friday, Mr. Dobbs told Spanish-language network Telemundo he now supports a plan to legalize millions of undocumented workers, a stance he long lambasted as an unfair "amnesty."
    and...
    Mr. Dobbs twice mentioned a possible legalization plan for the estimated 12 million illegal immigrants in the U.S., saying at one point that "we need the ability to legalize illegal immigrants under certain conditions."
    What conditions would ever be acceptable to people like us at ALIPAC?

Re: Dobbs reaches out to Latinos

Quote Originally Posted by Sage
    Can I politely ask what the hell this means? This is a quote from today's Wall Street Journal:

In a little-noticed interview Friday, Mr. Dobbs told Spanish-language network Telemundo he now supports a plan to legalize millions of undocumented workers, a stance he long lambasted as an unfair "amnesty."
    and...
    [quote:1ouct9k0]Mr. Dobbs twice mentioned a possible legalization plan for the estimated 12 million illegal immigrants in the U.S., saying at one point that "we need the ability to legalize illegal immigrants under certain conditions."
    What conditions would ever be acceptable to people like us at ALIPAC?[/quote:1ouct9k0]

What is your source for this claim? Link please.

W

I found it, will post it right away.

W

I'm Pro-Choice, totally support a woman's right to terminate an unwanted pregnancy and will gladly support any Pro-Choice candidate who wants to stop illegal immigration.

A woman's right to terminate an unwanted pregnancy with a safe legal abortion is already established law in our country so I don't understand why you would oppose a candidate for public office who supports our laws.

If you don't want to have an abortion, don't have one. That is your right to do or not to do and a completely private and personal matter for you or anyone else to decide.

If Lou Dobbs is Pro-Choice, terrific, all the better.

Welcome to ALIPAC!

A Nation Without Borders Is Not A Nation - Ronald Reagan
    Save America, Deport Congress! - Judy

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast