Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

working4change
    Quote Originally Posted by HAPPY2BME
    Quote Originally Posted by working4change
    Plans for a Saturday anti-terror drill in western Iowa that would have involved fictional school shootings by white supremacists have been canceled because of threats received by the Treynor public schools, Pottawattamie County officials said today.
    ==================================

If ever there was a story for any of the talking heads at FoxNews, THIS is it!

we can only hope

They are canceling this drill due to the huge public backlash, not because of threats. Federal and state law enforcement working together 300 strong do not back down over 'threats'.

But someone up there is sticking to the script of trying to label Americans that oppose illegal immigration as domestic terrorists.

W
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Great post by Stand With Arizona blog

On the Stand With Arizona Facebook page thread for this story, someone took the Iowa officials' side, writing:

Douglas Taylor
    Actually, although I have problems with illegal aliens, I do NOT have a problem with the scenario portrayed. It was not an overly out of the realm of reality scenario. The "back story" was only for use by first responders and law enforcement for intelligence purposes. It was not as if anyone was going to act out the "domestic terrorism". If we get angry at every perceived slight, soon our righteous anger will be dismissed out of hand. Be honest with yourself, regardless of what "terrorist profile" was used some group would have complained and we would have been disgusted with their thin skin.

The moderator (SWA) then replied:

Douglas Taylor - I could NOT disagree with you more strongly. The scenario DOES matter. DHS avoided the obvious choice: Islamic militants, because they are philosophically aligned with groups like CAIR, and because they are so used to folks like US remaining SILENT. Well we weren't silent this time, Douglas. Go and re-read pages 12-13, and re-think what you wrote. The 'plot' doesn't blame "skinheads" as we have seen before. It specifically presents a scenario like Arizona's passage of SB1070. It MENTIONS "legislation to curtail illegal immigration". It says the would-be mass-murderer white students were "seen at anti-illegal immigration rallies". Well SWA SPONSORED such rallies. We DO take it very personally when the patriots at our rallies - the veterans, retired LEOs and BP agents, ranchers, hardhats, Moms, kids, are portrayed as ONE STEP AWAY from being terrorists. THIS SCENARIO WAS CHOSEN. It reflects the Administration's view of this issue: illegal aliens are the victims. WE are the perpetrators and criminals. If you really mean to tell me this does not disturb you, then I must question your agenda.

Quote Originally Posted by ALIPAC
    Federal and state law enforcement working together 300 strong do not back down over 'threats'. W
    "Or just said it was threats!"
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

They are canceling this drill due to the huge public backlash, not because of threats. Federal and state law enforcement working together 300 strong do not back down over 'threats'.

But someone up there is sticking to the script of trying to label Americans that oppose illegal immigration as domestic terrorists.

W
    Looks like someone somewhere has heard the voices of the people and finally figured out this was an insult.
    "When you have knowledge,you have a responsibility to do better"_ Paula Johnson

"I did then what I knew to do. When I knew better,I did better"_ Maya Angelou

Welcome to ALIPAC dogpile
    "When you have knowledge,you have a responsibility to do better"_ Paula Johnson

"I did then what I knew to do. When I knew better,I did better"_ Maya Angelou

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE :

Nebraskans Advisory Group agrees with concerns that the scenario created by the Pottawattamie County Emergency Management Agency for their exercise at the Treynor High School in Iowa was inflammatory and insulting to the 70+% of American citizens who peacefully and lawfully oppose illegal immigration and/or who support gun rights.

The language used in profiling the "shooters" and then in the scenario is absolutely irresponsible. The seeds that would have been planted in the minds of the students, teachers, community, 357 VIPs and Observers and the 42 participating agencies is that there is a potential domestic terrorist threat from any family who opposes illegal immigration; who supports gun rights; or students who live in rural areas; who do not participate in school activities; who may be bullied by others; who is an athletic underachiever; who have quiet personalities; who have low or mediocre grades and attendance; who has been disciplined at school; who is known by police; whose family is new to the area and who keep to themselves; whose family has been "seen" with "anti-immigration" demonstrators;.............who pulls a gun on a minority group of kids while saying things like...."tired of you moving in stealing jobs and money from Americans....and yells "the Revolution begins".

Susan Smith, Founder of NAG said, "All PCEMA had to do was apologize for the scenario and change it to a generic shooting incident. Instead they chose to spin the cancelling of the exercise because of "threats" made by those who opposed the scenario." (According to this Des Moines Register article Title: Threats cause Iowa community to cancel controversial anti-terror training. To view the contents on www.desmoinesregister.com, go to: http://www.desmoinesregister.com/apps/p ... /110325015

In essence the language used in comments made by officials in the Des Moines Register article further justifies their use of this particular scenario and are misleading in the upsetness it caused. For example.."...found it "astounding" that people claiming to be patriots would be opposed to emergency response agencies drilling to be prepared for any threat...In no way has our office or any other response agencies favored a political view or issue....intent was to prepare for the worst case scenario...

Meanwhile, dripping with arrogance and sarcasm, Jeff Theulen, coordinator of the PCEMA says, ".....I apologize to the true patriots who have endured profane-laced telephone calls, threats, and generally had their operations disrupted over this event."

Then Kevin Elwood, superintendent of Treynor Community Schools said...." the school system received about 100 emails from thoughout the nation.....ONE disturbing call that left a voice message..."They basically indicated that if we went through with this type of a drill that potentially that type of an incident could become a reality in our school district." (My comment to this is it not possible that the caller meant that as in the AZ shooting incident there are some unstable minds out there who could blur reality from the scenario? I don't know but I'm sure the agencies are hot on the trail to figure out the true intention of the voice message) Kevin Elwood goes on to say..."We are not going to jeopardize our kids' safety for some of the extreme views that are out there and for the people who are misinformed."

My final point is this - the scenario was out of line. I deem it as anti-American and use of intimidation and racial profiling with tax dollars to push the pro-illegal alien and anti-gun agendas. This entire situation from start to finish is unacceptable and irresponsible by the government agencies involved. They owe Americans across this country an apology.

It's all about psychological shock, meant to wear us down

That is inflammatorily racist, unethical, and sour all at once. It looks like America has been dealt a knife in the back. I never had a doubt in my mind Obama as President, and his buddies, would goad Americans like this. Furthermore, Napolitano has always reminded me of a mislead, rejected, punchy old maid. I don't see red at all over this, I see Yellow written all over it.
    The Lord is my Sheperd, I shall not want.

W
    just an absolute outrage ....

do i LOOK like a domestic terrorist ?

This reminds me of a related, but opposite, story. Around 4 years ago, when the 2007 Amnesty was proposed in the Senate, Senator John McCain said something like, we had better give illegal aliens Amnesty and legal status, or else they might start rioting in the streets, similar to when Muslims were rioting in France at around the same time. Isn't that disgusting? McCain wanted Patriotic Americans to "cower down" to these threats, and allow the McCain-Kennedy Amnesty to happen. Instead, Americans jammed the phone lines to their Senators with their concerns and outrage about the Amnesty bill.

Even nowadays, the chances that illegal aliens will participate in domestic terrorism is higher than so-called White Supremacist groups, if there are such groups at all. Illegal aliens' numbers are just so much larger, due to inadequate immigration enforcement the past 24 years. And they're upset with their President, and, from their point of view, feel that the Obama Administration owes them their "overdue" Amnesty. Whose more likely to resort to violence here?

If Federal and State law enforcement really wants to be better prepared for a possible future emergency, they should run the mock terrorism drill where regular Americans are the victims, and some kind of non-American extremist group is applying the domestic terrorism.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast