Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

ALIPAC Response to False Attacks from The Hill & Politic

October 18, 2010

This morning we find a false propaganda attack in an article titled 'Race Of The Day Arizona 8 written by Sean J. Miller on Oct. 18, 2010. This attack was quickly followed by a backup assault by Kasie Hunt of Politico.

It appears that in one final desperate measure to hold on, the liberal Democratic establishment around Washington is trying a final race card Hail Mary play!

The Hill and Politico should understand that Americans and groups that oppose illegal immigration are neither anti-immigrant or Nazis.

Both The Hill and Politico have ignored ALIPAC's 160 plus standing federal endorsements that include Democrats and Republicans alike along with incumbents and challengers to attack the campaign of Jesse Kelly in Arizona.

The ethics of journalism would dictate that Sean J. Miller and Kasie Hunt should have contacted Americans for Legal Immigration PAC or an officer of our group for an official response before printing accusations against us. This rule of fair play and journalistic integrity was disregarded by Mr. Miller and The Hill because we were never contacted.

If we had been contacted we would have pointed out that Americans for Legal Immigration PAC (ALIPAC) is named thus because we are supported by many legal immigrants who oppose illegal immigration and amnesty. It is fairly obvious, for anyone who takes a fair look at our record that we seek to give a voice to those legal immigrants who stand with the majority of Americans who want our borders secured.

In the political attack piece published by The Hill and Sean J. Miller, there is a false claim sourced to the John McCain campaign and the Anti-Defamation League (ADL). Both Senator John McCain and the Anti-Defamation League are solidly on the record supporting Amnesty for illegal immigrants, which classifies them as our political opponents since ALIPAC opposes Amnesty.

The false and delamatory claim by The Hill, Mr. Miller, McCain, and the ADL is that ALIPAC "disseminates its message with virulent, anti-immigrant rhetoric." This is false and ALIPAC has constantly fought to recruit more support from legal immigrants, tried to represent the views of most legal immigrants, and has made the constant clarification of concerns being directed at illegal immigration. Hundreds of articles and talk radio show archives across the web, including our Platform at alipac.us clearly avows our support for immigration and immigrants.

It appears that The Hill, John McCain, and Sean J. Miller are contending that ALIPAC's immigrant supporters are the "anti-immigrant immigrants"!

We are further maligned by the statement that McCain spokesman Brian Rogers said the group is "is backed by white supremacists, neo-Nazis and anti-Semites."

Someone wrote something favorable about some of our stances on a white supremacist website without our knowledge or consent or acceptance and we are suddenly backed by Nazis?

So the fact that our internal polling shows 22% of ALIPAC's supporters are minorities, the fact that our organization has clearly stated in writing and via broadcast that only those who share our inclusive agenda are welcome in our group, in spite of the fact that I have repeated hundreds of times at hundreds of podiums and microphones that "We believe it will take Americans of every race, party, and walk of life to solve our illegal immigration crisis" matters not!

My prior work in the minority communities of my state and my efforts behind civil rights campaigns are never mentioned when dishonest and unscrupulous people want to call me or my organization names.

What The Hill, Mr. Miller, McCain, and the ADL are attempting to do here is to deprive all Americans who would like to organize behind a multi-racial and peaceful organization, that opposes the Amnesty agenda, with the right to do so without brutal defamation. The kind of defamation being used here, I might add, is the kind of defamation that can lead to violence against those defamed.

Isn't it ironic that the Anti Defamation League, which claims they were formed to prevent all groups of people from being defamed, with special focus on preventing the kind of defamation that preceded the Holocaust against the Jews is now engaging in the same kind of defamation against groups that oppose their political agenda?

How many times are you, illegal immigration and Amnesty supporters going to lie about good Americans who are trying to make a difference in their nation the proper way? It is no wonder that America is suffering so much and so many of the great things our nation has accomplished stand in jeopardy, when we see people at publications like The Hill willing to throw any ethics, concern for the truth, or integrity out the door for political gain.

Rep. Gabrielle Giffords's (D-Ariz.) is in danger of losing her seat because she is wrong on many issues, including her support for amnesty and benefits for illegal aliens. Republican Jesse Kelly has been endorsed by ALIPAC because his positions favoring immigration and border enforcement are more closely aligned with the views of a vast majority of Americans.

You can call us false names such as 'anti-immigrant', 'racist', or whatever ethnically derogatory term you want to use against us, however, it will not change the fact that you are lying and are a hazard to American voters who want the facts before they vote.

Until The Hill, Politico, Sean J. Miller, and Kasie Hunt make a public apology to our organization, and specifically our minority, Jewish, and legal immigrant supporters, we will place their publications on the long list of radical left wing propaganda rags that belong near the top of the lost credibility media scrap heaps.

William Gheen
    President, Americans for Legal Immigration PAC (ALIPAC)
    www.alipac.us
    Post Office Box 30966, Raleigh, NC 27622-0966
    Tel: (919) 787-6009 Toll Free: (866) 703-0864
    FEC ID: C00405878
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

"Dung Heap!" sounds better. Thanks W
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

What an outrage , I work with legal immigrants whom I consider my friends day in and day out. I for one have ZERO problem with legal immigrants.

As for charges of racism , from time to time I see comments on here that do seem to have a non PC tinge to them , but I think it's important to remener that the members of this site come from all walks of life and all ages of it too. I cut the older members a little slack becasue while they may not always say something as diplomatically as they could , I know what they mean. If this was truly a racist webcite I wouldn't be writing this because I wouldn't want to be a part of it.

This is a good sign. For a publication like The Hill to expose themselves thus means our enemies are feeling very uneasy right now.

W
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

That's why I love Alipac and this website. Everybody's here, and there's no candy coated crap. And Legal Immigrants are just as bad off as the rest of us.
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Looks to me like these people didn't do much (check that, any) research before making such comments.

My Venezuelan wife was surprised to learn that she and I are now considered Nazis because we support ALIPAC.

She's also a little amused that she's tagged a white supremacist. Hope all those brown-skinned family members we have don't get offended.

Sean J. Miller and Kasie Hunt, and people like them do not care what the truth is. It's easier for them to take sides with amnesty supporters than to report the truth. How is it that they can be in denial of the damage that illegal immigration is doing to this country?

The stench of fear and defeat coming from the liberal left is obvious and overwhelming now, must say im enjoying this.
    “In questions of power…let no more be heard of confidence in man, but bind him down from mischief by the chains of the Constitution.” –Thomas Jefferson

I just received a call from Kasie Hunt.

She apologized for running the story without giving us a call for rebuttal.

We interviewed at length and she says she is going to update this story soon with more balanced info.

W

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast