Page 16 of 17 FirstFirst ... 6121314151617 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Quote Originally Posted by Gogo
    OK I'm getting confused I just read we are to be on another thread - this link:

http://www.alipac.us/modules.php?name=F ... c&start=25

Where should I be????????
    It would be best if everyone stayed on the same thread so we can stay organized. Follow April's lead.
    I stay current on Americans for Legal Immigration PAC's fight to Secure Our Border and Send Illegals Home via E-mail Alerts (CLICK HERE TO SIGN UP)

Quote Originally Posted by zeezil
    Domenici (R-NM) playing footsie...no position released. His office is receiving a lot of calls from outraged New Mexicans against the DREAM Act.
    I just called him again and they are keeping a scorecard on people for and against, per staffer, "so far, it's about even". He needs to get some more calls against the Dream Act. Staffer said they're only counting those who call with a valid zip code and county. Here's a few zips you can use:

87109, 87122, 87112, 87017, 87110 all in Bernalillo County (Burn-ul-eo)

87015 Santa Fe County

Midland, TX, Midland County 79701, 79702
    Odessa, TX, Ector Coutny, 79761, 79762, 79763
    "This is our culture - fight for it. This is our flag - pick it up. This is our country - take it back." - Congressman Tom Tancredo

Dole, STILL hasn't made up her mind. ( put on hold for several minutes)
    Warner- waiting to see if the amendment will make it to the floor (riiiight) THEN he will decide. (put on hold again)
    Webb- still evaluating - hasn't issued a statement. He is aware the vote is coming up soon, possibly today.

They all agree DREAM/SKIL have nothing to do with defense spending, but as I was told by the Webb staffer, "It's common practice to place unrelated items in with spending bills." I told him it was an Unconstitutional practice, sneaky and underhanded and beneath the standards of what Americans expect of our lawmakers in Washington.

Sorry I don't have more to report, doing what I can while here at work.

Quote Originally Posted by florgal
    Dole, STILL hasn't made up her mind. ( put on hold for several minutes)
    Warner- waiting to see if the amendment will make it to the floor (riiiight) THEN he will decide. (put on hold again)
    Webb- still evaluating - hasn't issued a statement. He is aware the vote is coming up soon, possibly today.

They all agree DREAM/SKIL have nothing to do with defense spending, but as I was told by the Webb staffer, "It's common practice to place unrelated items in with spending bills." I told him it was an Unconstitutional practice, sneaky and underhanded and beneath the standards of what Americans expect of our lawmakers in Washington.

Sorry I don't have more to report, doing what I can while here at work.
    Please see this thread

http://www.alipac.us/modules.php?name=F ... ic&t=83407
    I stay current on Americans for Legal Immigration PAC's fight to Secure Our Border and Send Illegals Home via E-mail Alerts (CLICK HERE TO SIGN UP)

See update on other thread Dole has become a confirmed NO on the Dream Act.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Thanks, I found the other thread. My Dole info was a couple of hours old. I had just spoken with Warner and Webb offices. I'll keep up in the other thread and post if I get anything new.

OK good I was on this thread too then W said to follow April's led so we're over there. Also easier for me to update the list because I can edit easier.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I'm finished my emails for today. Whew. Now I am on my 2nd round of phone calls from a-z. My 1st call to Senator Akaka's office was great. His aide said she was getting an unusually large amount of faxes and phone calls against the Dream Act. The senator hasn't made a committment yet.
    RIP Butterbean! We miss you and hope you are well in heaven.-- Your ALIPAC friends

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Quote Originally Posted by butterbean
    I'm finished my emails for today. Whew. Now I am on my 2nd round of phone calls from a-z. My 1st call to Senator Akaka's office was great. His aide said she was getting an unusually large amount of faxes and phone calls against the Dream Act. The senator hasn't made a committment yet.
    Please use the following thread instead.
    http://www.alipac.us/modules.php?name=F ... ic&t=83407