Like Tree4Likes

Thread: DC Mall Amnesty Push Backfires Derailing Immigration Reform Chances in 2013

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

DC Mall Amnesty Push Backfires Derailing Immigration Reform Chances in 2013

DC Mall Amnesty Push Backfires Derailing Immigration Reform Chances in 2013

For National Release

October 9, 2013

(866) 703-0864 Press@alipac.us

The DC phone lines of 32 GOP members of Congress identified by ALIPAC as supporters of Obama's plan to pass mass amnesty for illegal immigrants in 2013 are ringing off the hook today with upset activists accusing them of shared responsibility for the "DC Mall Incident"!

Many Americans learned yesterday that members of Congress supporting a path to legality and/or citizenship for illegal aliens rallied with illegal immigrants, SEIU, and the AFL-CIO on the Washington Mall yesterday although that mall and many monuments and federal parks are all closed to US Citizens and taxpayers due to the budget shutdown.

"We have another clear example of illegal immigrants and their supporters being given preferential treatment over American citizens as part of this push for immigration reform amnesty!" said William Gheen, President of ALIPAC. "Americans need to let these Republicans working to help Obama pass a bill in 2013 know that they share responsibility in what happened on the DC Mall yesterday because that protest was designed to be a message to them."

The organizers of the pro-amnesty event on the shut down closed DC Mall said they wanted their effort to persuade GOP members of Congress to bring up immigration reform for a vote so any bill passed can go into Conference Committee with the Senate Bill S.744 that passed this year. Any immigration bill sent to conference is expected to return with a provision to legalize 12-20 million illegal immigrants.

Then, in the final moments, 30-40 GOP lawmakers are expected to break ranks and follow John Boehner and Eric Cantor into voting for an amnesty bill to be sent to Obama's desk to be signed into law.

"The political theater we are witnessing in Washington, DC, is clearly designed to pass a form of amnesty for illegal aliens that will have an incredibly destructive impact on American workers, taxpayers, and borders!" said William Gheen. "We hope that enough Americans will hear our call today to get on the phones to Congress and tell them what they think of their amnesty bill and illegal alien friends parading around on our closed DC Mall this week!"

The 32 GOP members of Congress working to pass amnesty for Obama behind the scenes are:

REP. MARK AMODEI (R-NV), REP. SPENCER BACHUS (R-AL), REP. JOHN CARTER (R-TX), REP. JASON CHAFFETZ (R-UT), REP. MIKE COFFMAN (R-CO), REP. JEFF DENHAM (R-CA), REP. MARIO DIAZ-BALART (R-FL), REP. SEAN DUFFY (R-WI), REP. MICHAEL GRIMM (R-NY), REP. JOE HECK (R-NV), REP. DARRELL ISSA (R-CA), REP. SAM JOHNSON (R-TX), REP. MICHAEL KELLY (R-PA)
    REP. PETER KING (R-NY), REP. RAUL LABRADOR (R-ID),REP. JAMES LANKFORD (R-OK)
    REP. DEVIN NUNES (R-CA), REP. DAVID REICHERT (R-WA), REP. ILEANA ROS-LEHTINEN (R-FL)
    REP. PAUL RYAN (R-WI), REP. AARON SCHOCK (R-IL), REP. CHRIS STEWART (R-UT)
    REP. DAVID VALADAO (R-CA), REP GREG WALDEN (R-OR), REP. DANIEL WEBSTER (R-FL)
    REP. DON YOUNG (R-AK), REP. TED POE (R-TX), REP. BOB GOODLATTE (R-VA)
    REP. TREY RADEL (R-FL), REP. RENEE ELLMERS (R-NC), REP. ERIC CANTOR (R-VA)
    and REP. JOHN BOEHNER (R-OH)

For interviews or more information about ALIPAC's efforts to Stop Amnesty 2013, please visit www.AgainstAmnesty.com or www.ALIPAC.us.

###
    Last edited by ALIPAC; 10-09-2013 at 10:30 AM.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Join our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & to secure US borders by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Banned
    Pro-Amnesty Event on the National Mall Predictable, Unimpressive

By Van Esser, Tuesday, October 8, 2013, 6:56 PM EDT

Melanie and I joined two local groups in a counter-protest today near the Pro-amnesty “March for Dignity and Respect” on the closed National Mall. Then we headed down to the event organizers claimed would bring in tens of thousands of participants. Even with a top-name band playing – Los Tigres del Norte – they had a few thousand at best.
    Just before the “March” two local pro-enforcement groups held a press availability a block away. Local affiliates for ABC, CBS, NBC, FOX, Univision and Telemundo interviewed the group leaders as did some print reporters. The rest of us held up large signs for passing traffic to see, like No Amnesty and Honk.
    Quite a few motorists obliged us including a DC patrol car and an unmarked federal SUV (they flashed their “blues” to make sure we knew they were law enforcement). A number of pedestrians stopped by to lend their support, too. One from the Department of Justice said he was “horrified” about this pro-amnesty event on the Mall. Not one of Eric Holder’s favorites, I imagine.
    The area was obviously a drop-off point for Members of Congress who planned to speak at the “March” or just wanted to be seen on stage. A golf cart would whisk them to the event (a whole block away) and bring them back. For a while, a car containing Calif. Rep. Janice Hahn and Alabama Rep. Terri Sewell parked right in front of our No Amnesty signs.
    They were likely waiting in line for the VIP golf cart treatment but I suspect they were not happy to see us. And it seemed like they grew more uncomfortable each time a car or bus would honk their approval. Just desserts, if you ask me.
    One of the Park Police went out his way to stop by and thank us for taking a stand. He told us the Administration forced Park Police from 30 locations around the DC area to work the “March.” He was worried about people needing emergency help at those locations because no one would be available.
    Walking down to the “March” I could see this was a very expensive undertaking. Very elaborate stage. Numerous towered speakers around the perimeter. And a massive Jumbotron for those at the rear. Of course, pro-amnesty groups have been recently bragging about all the money at their disposal for the amnesty push. That was certainly evident today.
    “Tens of thousands” were expected so a block-long line of porta potties was set up and several tents offered free water bottles.
    But Melanie discovered that the organizers didn’t pay for these accommodations. The Park Service did. Which means you did. The Park Police also brought in 8 horses in case they needed crowd control.
    That seemed like another waste of taxpayer dollars, though, because the crowd was just enjoying the music and the day.
    I worked my way through the crowd to get a sense of how many were in attendance. It was clear that a number of the participants were bused in from elsewhere. The union banners listed their states. The unions – SEIU, AFL-CIO, LiUNA and others – were certainly out in force wearing their signature orange or purple t-shirts. Their members made sure the participants received prepared rally signs and American flags.
    The area near the stage looked densely packed. Then I realized the crowd had moved forward to see the performers.
    Moving toward the rear, the crowd thinned out pretty quickly. One picture I took shows the event could have accommodated a crowd several times larger.
    I didn’t stick around for the final speeches, including one by Rep. Luis Gutierrez. He was supposed to lead the crowd in a march down to the Capitol building. Probably just as well. I had heard enough for one day.
    I know they’re trying to make the case for amnesty and more family-based immigration. We strongly disagree. But I can’t understand why the Administration would force taxpayers to underwrite this event or give the pro-amnesty groups special treatment. None of us can forget the spectacle just last week when WW II vets were barred from their memorial.
    Did you know the Administration justified allowing this event to be held on the shut-down National Mall on the basis of the First-Amendment? To do that, they had to “retroactively” determine that the vets had a right to visit the WW II memorial. That’s just unconscionable but so is pushing amnesty instead of working to ensure that every citizen and legal resident that wants a job has one.
    VAN ESSER is the Manager of Membership Services for NumbersUSA

NumbersUSA's blogs are copyrighted and may be republished or reposted only if they are copied in their entirety, including this paragraph, and provide proper credit to NumbersUSA. NumbersUSA bears no responsibility for where our blogs may be republished or reposted.
    Views and opinions expressed in blogs on this website are those of the author. They do not necessarily reflect official policies of NumbersUSA.

https://www.numbersusa.com/content/

Banned