Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Banned

Re: "Second-Class Citizens"??

Quote Originally Posted by athena26
    Sen. Robert Menendez, D-New Jersey, head of the Democratic Senatorial Campaign Committee, on CNN this Sunday, slammed the Arizona law saying, "it is fundamentally wrong to be a second-class citizen just because you have a certain accent or you look a certain way.

His argument does not hold up to logic, or to the purpose of the new law.
    The new AZ law does not take away any rights or privileges of US citizens.

Illegals are not citizens, and so, they cannot become "second-class citizens".

US citizens have many colors of skin, and accents. The fact that we elected Obama as our president is proof that we, as a country do not consider a person of color as "second-class". However, we also have the civil rights, as citizens, to expect our government to protect us. This is EXACTLY what Arizona is doing. I commend Arizona.
    [quote="bobmann101"] I still cannot see why when any person is asked to show their ID they are allowed to call it racial profiling. If that is the case then why do we need an ID. These people are looking for the excuse to exhibit their childish idiosyncrasies. Wah wah wah
    The next time I make a purchase at a store where they ask to see my reciept as I leave I will refuse on the grounds of the fact they are violating my civil rights, because they are putting me in the catagory of a thief!!!

for the person who called Cornyn's office, they are telling you that because they are feeling the heat from others, including THIS TEXAN, who calls all his offices in the state.

I do not say that i got the info off here but i did read it on here, but it was a post from a news article. and he has said that he does support some parts of the amnesty bill

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12