Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

National Activists needed in the Battle for Georgia!

ALIPAC has sent a call for reinforcements in the Battle for Georgia today. Here is the message that was sent.

http://www.alipac.us/ftopicp-86956.html#86956

Your help is needed to tell the Georgia state legislature.....

vote YES ON [The Georgia Security and Immigration Compliance Act] SB 529!

DA King says the state Senate is well covered, but help is needed in the state house.

E-mails can be sent, but should be considered to have minimal impact.

The main focus should be on calls, faxes, and letters.

You can find all of the e-mail addresses, phone numbers, mailing addresses, and fax numbers you need for the GA House at this link in the FACT SHEET section.

http://www.legis.state.ga.us/legis/2005 ... 5alpha.htm

The Main Message is: "Please vote YES ON [The Georgia Security and Immigration Compliance Act] SB 529! America needs every state taking action on our illegal immigration crisis. Please know that over 4 out of 5 Americans and Georgia voters will support your passage of this bill."

You can Read the Full Text of SB 529 at this link...

http://www.legis.state.ga.us/legis/2005 ... /sb529.htm

Here are some key points / talking points on the bill. If you determine a state legislators position Yea or Nea on the bill then please post that information here in this discussion.

-------

WHAT THE LEGISLATION DOES

• Requires local law enforcement agencies to determine the nationality of every person arrested, and if the person is a foreign national to then verify their lawful presence in the United States. If the person arrested is unlawfully in the U.S., local law enforcement must notify federal officials of the arrest. It is then up to federal authorities to determine if the person arrested is subject to deportation.

• Denies taxpayer-funded benefits to illegal immigrants older than 18.

• Requires that if an employer claims a worker's salary as a state income tax write-off, that employer maintain copies of approved forms indicating the worker is in the country legally.

• Establishes tough new penalties for human trafficking.

• Requires public agencies, contractors and subcontractors to use a federal, electronic verification process for anyone getting a state contract.

WHAT IT DOES NOT DO

• The bill does not require local law enforcement officials to arrest people for violating immigration laws. It does not apply to people pulled over for moving violations and issued citations — it only applies to people arrested and booked into jail.

• It does not deny taxpayer-funded benefits to children or to people in need of emergency medical care.

• It does not hold employers responsible if employees provide them with false documents to show they are legally in the country.

• It does not deny public education to the children of illegal immigrants — this is required by the courts.

• Institute any new major deportation effort by the state.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I got a message from a friend discussing this very same thing today. I have to admit that I think it is an excellent call. If they write in the things that federal law mandates anyway, such as refusal of medical care, then the Supreme Court is going to be down their throats. I don't see the things they "didn't cover" as anything but wise choices. If I can talk by this afternoon (back to the laryngitis again) I'll call. If not, I'll fax.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Banned
    Nobody in the House is taking any public positions yet, at least not the 30 I've called so far. I'm expecting some return calls after they get out of session today. They are off tomorrow, so Wed. will be the next day to voice an opinion.

Thanks for all your help. Believe me, Georgia appreciates it.

Great work Pinestraw. Im just now getting my schedule to where I can join you on the phone to GA. Moving on it now.

W

GA act

I made a few calls - called up top 8 names on the list posted. not easy going and none of them really knew anything about this Act.

us there a way to use the numbersusa fax system to get some messgaes out by fax? i mean we should continue calling too but faxing will create a huge volume quickly and raise attention to the matter rapidly... just a thought Or have we thought of building a system like numbersusa?

thx

Pixel,

We have focused mostly on calls which are the most effective. Numbers handles faxes so we leave most of that to them although many of our activists are faxing material on their own.

W

I just sent off a BUNCH of emails to Georgia....hope ti helps you out a bit.

Pinto Bean
    Keep the spirit of a child alive in your heart, and you can still spy the shadow of a unicorn when walking through the woods.

THIS JUST IN MY EMAIL BOX FOLKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks for the email. Sb529 passed the House about 4:00.
    Tommy Benton
    HD31
    Keep the spirit of a child alive in your heart, and you can still spy the shadow of a unicorn when walking through the woods.

and this one...sounding like a WIN FOLKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SB 529 just passed the Georgia House of Representatives. I voted yes. I would expand but I am still on the floor of the House.

Sincerely

Rep Steve Davis
    District 109
    Henry County

Wow! I thought we had 24 hours to focus in on the house for a second round. Someone please send us the links to articles when avail with the final vote.

W

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast