Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

I completely support this new platform. We only have so many resources in this country. We cant support the whole world, or have the whole world come here. Legal immigration must be very limited and even then it should only be what is in the best interests of the country. This would benefit not only citizens but new immigrants. America cannot remain the land of opportunity if it becomes so overpopulated that everyone starves.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Discussion time is over!

Discussion time is over. We've discussed the amnesty issues for years now. It's time to protect our borders and American citizens.
    Are you gonna pull those pistols or whistle Dixie? "The Outlaw Josey Wales"

Re: Not Gonna Happen

Quote Originally Posted by Tbow009
    Not Gonna Happen IF the Democrats write the Immigration Bill. ANY bill by the Dems regarding Immigration will be an amnesty/open borders anyone-and-their-convict-brothers-allowed-here piece of GARBAGE. The Immigration Bill (and the numbers allowed here) must be written by an Independent non-partisan, pro-American Organization...

If you let Schumer or Gutierrez write an Immigration Bill this country will be in the toilet within a decade.
    Possibly, but not all Democrats support amnesty. I don't. And look at Republicans-Reagan was FOR amnesty because he was about breaking unions. Unions may have gone too far, but they are about workers. Frankly, the job is now up to US to preserve what people lost their lives for: decent wages, safety, and a 40-hour work week. Have you not seen the steady erosion of these things since the 80's? I wouldn't trust a commission--it's too much like setting aside democracy. WE can affect the law or kill it. Look how many more cities and states are taking action in recent days. The word is out--beware the voter!
    “Claiming nobody is listening to your phone calls is irrelevant – computers do and they are not being destroyed afterwards. Why build a storage facility for stuff nobody listens to?.” Martin Armstrong

A one party rule

Democrats only want one thing and one thing only. Millions of more Democrats. Say hello to a one party system in this country and goodbye to democracy.
    I am a Son Of The American Revolution.

Not screaming for halt in immigration

Quote Originally Posted by Justthefacts
    It just amazes me that Americans are not screaming for a halt or reduction in legal immigration until we get our house in order.

We should still be open for allowing in those that can and will contribute and assimilate , but sadly that doesn't seem to be the criteria for coming here anymore.

All that seems to matter is if your a potential Dem voter
    IMO Americans don't object because appeals to emotion and cognitive dissonance work.

Emotion: not long ago, I saw a cute little girl on TV crying to Michele Obama that she was afraid her illegal alien mother would be sent away, and she would be without a mother. It is so easy to feel instantly sorry for the girl and not take it further. I would have said, "Don't worry dear, you can go with her." Of course, that never came up. This was a devised sound bite to appeal to the public. Everyone thinks with emotion. Most react to a frightened cute child in a protective way. I was disgusted after I realized this was a set up sound bite...but it took a moment.

Cognitive dissonance: "We should give a path to those who haven't broken the law." And people think, I'm OK with law abidders. But illegal aliens HAVE broken the law. I'm not a lawyer, but it seems to me stealing gum is a misdemeanor, which is the same level as being here illegally. I believe (correct me if I'm wrong) a person who steals 3650 packages of gum over a 10 year period is going to jail if caught and the magnitude of it proved. But an illegal alien gets a path to citizenship if managed to stay here 10 years without getting caught. If so, that isn't even equal treatment under the law. Mushing illegals under the term "immigrant" helps cloud thinking, and people don't put it together.

"It's FAIR to give a path to those who have been here a long time." Is that because it isn't fair to make them move back to their country of origin? No one asks why, when they moved in the first place. But if you repeat something enough, people will accept it. Advertising knows this well.

It would be terrible to send the children back/to their country of origin because they don't speak the language, don't know the customs." Again the poor children. Easy to feel for, but no one says, hey, they speak the language and follow customs at home. No one counters with, it was terrible of their parents to rip them from their home.

"We are a country OF immigrants." This appeals to what "America is, " and we all want to be true to what America is. Well, we aren't really that. We are a country that HAS immigrants and natural born citizens. I am natural born. Some of my friends are legal immigrants, now citizens, and some are natural born. But if it is repeated enough...

"They just want a better life." Everyone does, and this is another "what America is" argument. But in addition to wanting to pursue happiness, we are a country of laws. Those who disrespect our laws are unAmerican. (unfortunately some citizens are in this category.)

After the election, a number of Republicans may well support amnesty, once they are safe. They want voters, too. They'll quote Ronald Reagan, the original amnesty king.

Sorry for such a long rant, but I have been asking the same question myself. Not all Dems want amnesty. I don't and my very, very liberal longtime Dem friend is fed up with illegals, though your point is still well-taken.
    “Claiming nobody is listening to your phone calls is irrelevant – computers do and they are not being destroyed afterwards. Why build a storage facility for stuff nobody listens to?.” Martin Armstrong

LEGAL IMMIGRATION

Nobody that has their head screwed on correctly here is against LEGAL immigration. After all, we are all immigrants some how, some way. Sure, these folks pouring through the underground tunnels, over the walls, through the fences, and packed inside cargo containers on board trucks in the inside and above the decks of ships want a better life.

I just like many of you want the same thing as they. My point of view, being an American that splits his time between the US and a foreign country is firm for LEGAL IMMIGRATION. I demand LEGAL immigration just as I did when I migrated to a foreign country and they demanded that I IMMIGRATE LEGALLY. I went through the rigorous process of LEGAL IMMIGRATION. It has cost me literally thousands of dollars. I am NOT a burden to their system as I carry my own pension and medical benefits. As a matter of fact, I sponsor several families there that I support as best as I can. However, like clock work, several times a week, I am stopped on the roads by the military and police. My car is searched and my papers are checked time after time. Why? Obviously, I am a foreigner and I am a target. Do I complain? No! I am LEGAL!
    I am a Son Of The American Revolution.

Secure our borders.

Locate the visa overstayers.

Locate the 17 Aghan military, AWOL.

Enforce immigration laws on the books to identify millions of illegal aliens.

Require stronger verification for entitlements and services to weed out illegal aliens.

End Birthright Citizenship.

Strengthen proof necessary to vote, no simply acts of declaration.

Fine and jail employers, and anyone else aiding and abetting illegal aliens.

Use E Verify, 287g, SAVE, and whatever else will identify, deport, and prosecute illegal aliens.

Demand that other governments take their people back. No support or financial help without agreeing to this.

Demand that other nations help their own citizens within their countries so that the citizens of the United States do not have to support their citizens, and lose their jobs and wages to illegal aliens.

Return to sustainable/lower immigration numbers, and/or moratorium till the mess is straightened out (recommended by Alipac, and NumbersUSA).

Psalm 139:14
    Matthew 19:26
    But Jesus beheld them, and said unto them, With men this is impossible; but with God all things are possible.

Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

One way to get the ball rollin' is to put a bounty on their heads.
    ------------------------

Quote Originally Posted by GeorgiaPeach
    Secure our borders.

Locate the visa overstayers.

Locate the 17 Aghan military, AWOL.

Enforce immigration laws on the books to identify millions of illegal aliens.

Require stronger verification for entitlements and services to weed out illegal aliens.

End Birthright Citizenship.

Strengthen proof necessary to vote, no simply acts of declaration.

Fine and jail employers, and anyone else aiding and abetting illegal aliens.

Use E Verify, 287g, SAVE, and whatever else will identify, deport, and prosecute illegal aliens.

Demand that other governments take their people back. No support or financial help without agreeing to this.

Demand that other nations help their own citizens within their countries so that the citizens of the United States do not have to support their citizens, and lose their jobs and wages to illegal aliens.

Return to sustainable/lower immigration numbers, and/or moratorium till the mess is straightened out (recommended by Alipac, and NumbersUSA).

Psalm 139:14

Everything she said!
    <div>All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men and women do nothing!</div>

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12